Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:38:47 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I will BUY 10 alt crypto currencies this week, advises?  (Read 3459 times)
boumalo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 05:04:52 PM

Tell me what crypto currencies to buy and why I should buy it

I have BTC LTC EMU RIPPLE right now and I am looking to get my hands on 10 more

Mr. Net

Activity: 517
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 05:06:54 PM

Good, do your research!

Only people who want you to buy any coins are bag holders.

Don't listen to bag holders.

Money Is Information
boumalo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 05:08:57 PM

Good, do your research!

Only people who want you to buy any coins are bag holders.

Don't listen to bag holders.

I intend to do my research, there will be a lot of luck involve in making some money anyway
This post is a part of my research

sadface

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:27:18 PM

i dont think there are 10 more good ones out there, but if i had to:

ppc, nxt, anc, drk, myr, dgc, wdc, huc, one scrypt jane and one of those fully mined ones(pmc, c2)

...in that order.
i only have 3 of them in my portfolio.

why?

ppc: obv
nxt: obv
anc & drk: one might survive for anon transactions in case we dont get that included in a bigger/better one
myr: can be mined with !5 algos! one to make everyone happy. no gpu cpu asic war.
dgc: a bit older, dev that stuck around for quite some time and is still working to make this big. prolly other coins have that too now. one of the first to experiment with a fair start back then.
wdc: just for its name.
huc: human mining game concept, sadly the dev passed away. some other guys took over
scrypt jane: to have one of those
pmc, c2: end game bitcoin demo, for when there is nothing left to mine.

this is what i might buy if i had too much money and wanted to lock this into cold storage for a few years. i would prolly add more later down the road.
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:30:28 PM

Dont buy coins with low volume. I can only advice you to buy the 2 coins other then bt/ltc i currently hold myself.

1. Peercoin. The only coin I would advice anyone to hold long term beside btc/ltc.
2. Anoncoin. There is a demand for an anonymous coin and anoncoin might got what it takes to become the first coin to achive that.
chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:42:11 PM

https://coinmarketcap.com
Provides a wealth of information. They have sortable filters with side-side comparisons.
Werther its short term or long term gains you seek, you should go here and view every coins website and look for the details that appeal to you the most.

Every one has different preferences when it comes to these crypto coins and their are alot of copycat coins looking to pump and dump for a quick return.
Be wary of pre-mined coins as these are usually red flags, although suspicious, not all are nefarious.  If it sounds to good to be true avoid it like the plague.
Alot of coins are in it for the long haul and will appear stagnant because the price has plateaued. ASIC, Botnet, GPU, mineable coins with outdated, vulnerable, buggy, hashing methods,
are the makings for coin hogs and scam artist who deter the market for the few legitimate miners who are in it for the community and of course for the share in wealth of coin.

Best Of Luck

Happy Buying!!!

Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:45:36 PM

I'm not going to suggest you invest in Premine (PMC), but I would suggest taking a good look at the thread, and make up your own mind.

I was an early adoptor, but seeing as I still have my coins, and didn't even sell them after the first big jump past 0.001, I can happily say my only ulterior motive is to see more active investors discussing the future of the currency.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 06:46:59 PM

I recommend FRK, but of course im biased. I just know the projects we are working on are good ones.

We have the chamber of commerce ribbon cutting in 9 days.

We just released our explainer video and going to get it aired on public television.

Starting a monthly meet up group and workshop for local business's.

Stayin alive!

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
ScroogeD

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

█ Scrooge D Silver █

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:48:55 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2014, 07:04:11 PM by ScroogeD

ppc, nxt, anc, drk, myr, dgc, wdc, huc, one scrypt jane and one of those fully mined ones(pmc, c2)

...in that order.

why?

anc & drk: one might survive for anon transactions in case we dont get that included in a bigger/better one
myr: can be mined with !5 algos! one to make everyone happy. no gpu cpu asic war.
dgc: a bit older, dev that stuck around for quite some time and is still working to make this big. prolly other coins have that too now. one of the first to experiment with a fair start back then.
huc: human mining game concept, sadly the dev passed away. some other guys took over

this is what i might buy if i had too much money and wanted to lock this into cold storage for a few years. i would prolly add more later down the road.

Nice list!
Is there any reason you didn't mention Vertcoin?

BTC & LTC #DOGE #DRK #HUC #VTC
Blacklist #Maxcoin - Amateur Devs with ignorant JP Morgan Keiser
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 06:57:12 PM

VertCoin
Myriad
HeavyCoin

boumalo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 07:06:31 PM

I think I will buy 5-7 coins that have already get some attention and love and I will buy 2-5 coins that are very speculative

I will probably keep you update on the coins I buy, thank you for the advices, you can continue to give me advices as I didn't buy yet and I am still a novice in alto currencies

PartyVids

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 07:07:22 PM

I'm currently into Heisenberg coin HEX - http://heisenberghex.com/  Cool
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=510941.0;all
sadface

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 07:37:45 PM

...in that order.

why?

Nice list!
Is there any reason you didn't mention Vertcoin?

i dont think asic resistance will be the answer forever. we cant just always create new coins when hardware evolves + what does that really solve ?
however: altho its not scrypt jane, vertcoin falls into the same category for me. so could be vertcoin.
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:37:01 PM

Buy and stake MINTCOIN, just let it compound the interest. Price is right too.
Zzzack

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:01:28 PM

Flappycoin

I give free coins

Producer
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:02:45 PM

PMC is very cheap today.
Great buy.
coa032

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:09:35 PM

Qubitcoin...secure hashing,unique algo. Nice volume for a "new" 2-3 months old coin, big support by Qubitcoin community,probably new Quark in few months, and also block reward is halving in few days so price will jump a bit
boumalo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 10:37:05 PM

I bought some peercoin nxt and mintcoin; I am looking for a very new coin that will explode now

@sadface : thank you for your insight

BitcoinSEC

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:43:17 PM

Saturncoin +1
Burninj
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:51:46 PM

Cachecoin, you can buy it for 0,0065
and you'll be able to buy fibonacci script asic hardware with it in a few days. Price will be baked @ 0.01 buy the manufacturer.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: