Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 09:01:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MAKI] Maki - A fresh new taste of online payments. KGW!  (Read 29762 times)
EuroMaster

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:45:43 PM

Hey Dev,

What are your plans for Maki?

Do you have any exchanges lined up?

We will look at swisscex first.

You can try also this:
https://bittrex.com

Admin is fast.
Glen Hoddle

Activity: 453
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:32:58 PM

KGW is working!

Yes, it seems to do its job.
Good job Dev!

I'll second that.

Any further developments on the marketing of this coin?
TwistedXT

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:43:35 PM

KGW is working!

Yes, it seems to do its job.
Good job Dev!

I'll second that.

Any further developments on the marketing of this coin?

Yes would also like to know before committing more of my time and electric mining.
Glen Hoddle

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:37:29 AM

Dev, please put your head above the parapet before the handful of people mining this coin jump ship.

Why should we continue to mine this coin? Please give us a compelling reason.
maki (OP)

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:50:12 AM

Hi Guys,

We've been working on KGW, which became an unexpected priority. But we are back on track now and can continue to work on our additional services. I don't want to make any promises, but a payment provider is high on our list. We want to develop this within our team, so we can guarantee security and reliability. But that also means it will take some time to develop. However it is necessary for our goal, paying for your sushi with Maki!
In the meantime we are busy with our first exchange and we expect to provide more information on this the following days. And more giveaways are coming soon, by the way if you go to https://makicoin.com/receive/, your first maki is on us.

I collect and trade rare and lost cryptocurrencies and blockchains.
Prefer fair launch/no premine, pre-2014 coins.
Glen Hoddle

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:52:27 AM

Thanks for the speedy update. I will continue to mine this for a little while longer at this insanely low diff   Cheesy
maki (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:10:52 PM

Thanks for the speedy update. I will continue to mine this for a little while longer at this insanely low diff   Cheesy

Hey Glen,

We have just submitted a request to be added to swisscex, now that they there API sorted out for coinwarz and coinmarketcap we feel it's a great exchange to start with for the next couple months.

Like we said before, only one exchange that has decent security and we also don't want the coins price to be influenced by other exchange prices as we see with so many other coins.

Keep everything to one place.

The next exchange we can aim for is Mintpal at a later stage.

TwistedXT

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 06:06:55 PM

Thanks for the speedy update. I will continue to mine this for a little while longer at this insanely low diff   Cheesy

Hey Glen,

We have just submitted a request to be added to swisscex, now that they there API sorted out for coinwarz and coinmarketcap we feel it's a great exchange to start with for the next couple months.

Like we said before, only one exchange that has decent security and we also don't want the coins price to be influenced by other exchange prices as we see with so many other coins.

I think you will discover that Swisscex, as nice an exchange that it is, simply doesn't have the level of traffic and volume to help sustain a good price for Maki. Buy orders will be low in volume and will eventually erode the the price. Even well known popular coins have low buy orders on there.

maki (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:20:20 PM

Hey Glen,

I think you will discover that Swisscex, as nice an exchange that it is, simply doesn't have the level of traffic and volume to help sustain a good price for Maki. Buy orders will be low in volume and will eventually erode the the price. Even well known popular coins have low buy orders on there.

We were thinking of Poloniex or CryptoRush but they both seem to have had hacking/exploit issues in the past.

What other exchanges do you guys feel could benefit the community?

EuroMaster

Activity: 75

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:35:30 PM

Hey Glen,

We were thinking of Poloniex or CryptoRush but they both seem to have had hacking/exploit issues in the past.

CryptoRush - No. There are a lot of problems there, right now.
Poloniex - Yes. (It was hacked but they told whole history and they will refund every single satoshi from transaction fee.).

We Can also try:
Mintpal - A lot of traders.
Bittrex - They will add maki fast.
Swisscex.

I will also talk with my local exchange(We could get more miners)
Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:36:37 PM

Hey Glen,

I would vote yes on Poloniex by no on cryptorush
TwistedXT

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:37:50 PM

Hey Glen,

Mintpal is my fovourite, it's fast, seems secure and has a good volume of traffic.
Swisscex is a great exchange, it is also fast, very easy to use, however needs more traffic.
Cryptsy of course has the most traffic but terrible customer support and slow, but it has the volume.

maki (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:56:28 PM

Thanks for the responses so far, the number 1 priority for us is security, we don't want our users to suffer from a hacked exchange although it something we have no control of.

Mintpal will take time to get onto but that is a future goal.

So right now for volume and a honest exchange owner do you feel Poloniex would be a better choice?

TwistedXT

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:11:27 PM

Thanks for the responses so far, the number 1 priority for us is security, we don't want our users to suffer from a hacked exchange although it something we have no control of.

So right now for volume and a honest exchange owner do you feel Poloniex would be a better choice?

Although I haven't had a problem with Poloniex, I would never trust too many of my coins in any exchange, no matter who they are.

I think Swisscex and Poloniex would be a good move for Maki with a long term goal of Mintpal and Crypsty.

sussex

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:01:57 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2014, 09:12:41 PM by sussex

Poloniex is head and shoulders above ALL other exchanges, far and away the most professional and so honest it makes you want to cry.

They have had problems with being hacked, but they were open, honest and everybody got their money back - Busoni commands a lot of respect from the community.

Even today, Busoni is dipping into his own pocket to reimburse users BTC that were lost in yesterday's Faircoin fuck up for which he bears no responsibilty.

Edit:

Steer well clear of Cryptorush, there can only be grief there.

My second choice would probably be McxNOW.  Great responsiveness on the site and the owner (Real Solid) also commands respect, on the whole.
Painful Truth

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:31:04 PM

this coin needs to partner with opentable  Grin
Glen Hoddle

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 11:16:03 PM

this coin needs to partner with opentable  Grin

I wonder if the dev has done any networking with businesses in the chosen niche?

Even if just one restaurant accepted MAKI as payment, interest in this coin would grow.
Sanasol

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:29:11 AM

http://explorer3.sancrypto.info/chain/Makicoin
will updated soon, syncing now
tz

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:00:59 AM

The wallet will not sync past block 20601... anyone still working on this coin?
wilsonNL

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:32:07 AM

The wallet will not sync past block 20601... anyone still working on this coin?

Syncs fine here. Did you download the latest wallet?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: