Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:00:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Listing an Exchange on Coinmarketcap  (Read 801 times)
epiphanyblockchain (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 08:41:27 AM

IMHO they are looking on trading volumes and rare tokens that you trade. As I remember coin will add on CMC after 50000 USD day trading volume.

They removed the exchange volume requirement a while back.

https://in.finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/coinmarketcap-removes-volume-requirements-cryptocurrency-192959566.html

Coingecko is far better than cmc tbh, they have excellent customer support which I adore the most about them.

Good to know, I will contact them to list our exchange there too  Wink
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AhmadM

Activity: 1022
Merit: 308

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 12:58:45 PM

Listing your altcoins in coinmarketcap is very important to know the volume and price of it.
Maybe you aren't wrong, but that is not the main criteria from CMC to listing an altcoin (cryptocurrency). The main criteria to listing an altcoin in CMC is that coin/token have to trade publicly and actively traded on at least two exchanges.

novusordo

Activity: 800
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 01:41:38 PM

Listing your altcoins in coinmarketcap is very important to know the volume and price of it.
Maybe you aren't wrong, but that is not the main criteria from CMC to listing an altcoin (cryptocurrency). The main criteria to listing an altcoin in CMC is that coin/token have to trade publicly and actively traded on at least two exchanges.

I think just one exchange is enough, and that altcoin's daily volume must exceed 100k $ so you can qualify to be listed in coinmarketcap

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
AhmadM

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 02:39:49 PM

I think just one exchange is enough, and that altcoin's daily volume must exceed 100k $ so you can qualify to be listed in coinmarketcap
Really? Have you read this one buddy?

For a cryptocurrency to be listed on the site, it must meet the following criteria:
  • Must fit the definition of a cryptocurrency.
  • Must be traded publicly, and actively traded on at least two (2) exchanges that are supported on CoinMarketCap (if the cryptocurrency is an exchange-based token only traded on its own exchange, we may add it given that off-platform withdrawals are possible).

Source: https://coinmarketcap.com/methodology/#listings-criteria
I don't think only listed on one exchange will be accepted in Coinmarketcap.
rose9696

Activity: 770
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 02:52:55 PM

Hello world,
So I've been trying to list an exchange in CMC. They actually manage the whole thing almost like a state secret.
The selection criteria is not clearly stated and they do not give any feedback on why the exchange was or wasn't accepted.
Of course it's important to have the basics like a fully functional product, clear rates and fees, customer support, and other customer client channels like a Telegram helpdesk group, Twitter for public announcements, etc.
But does anyone know which are the critical factors?
Or have some advice on how to get it approved?

maybe the CMC manager approach is sketchy and cannot get their attention. Or you are not having good partners to help your altcoin listed on CMC.
In a decentralized market, we need relationships to achieve the ultimate goal. Wink

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
grifinmch

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 03:02:40 PM

Hello world,
So I've been trying to list an exchange in CMC. They actually manage the whole thing almost like a state secret.
The selection criteria is not clearly stated and they do not give any feedback on why the exchange was or wasn't accepted.
Of course it's important to have the basics like a fully functional product, clear rates and fees, customer support, and other customer client channels like a Telegram helpdesk group, Twitter for public announcements, etc.

maybe the CMC manager approach is sketchy and cannot get their attention. Or you are not having good partners to help your altcoin listed on CMC.
In a decentralized market, we need relationships to achieve the ultimate goal. Wink

Studying CMC policies and obeying, maybe the requirements have not been fulfilled so the CMC has not responded.
A good approach and having coins or active tokens will certainly be considered by CMC.
various

Activity: 854
Merit: 267

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2019, 03:28:55 PM

I don't think you can find very detailed information on this forum, I think it would be better if you consult other exchange founders. There are other platforms alternative to the CMC, so you can try your luck with them.

malphite534

Activity: 319
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 04:43:30 AM

Listing your altcoins in coinmarketcap is very important to know the volume and price of it. Ofcourse same as the market which is it get listed to know.
AhmadM

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 05:42:01 AM

Listing your altcoins in coinmarketcap is very important to know the volume and price of it. Ofcourse same as the market which is it get listed to know.
If I am not wrong you have been posted like it before, see my quote below...

Is your post has been deleted? If it's right, your post is same as your post (deleted post) before. IMO it would be deleted again as soon as possible LOL
Tipsters

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 05:52:25 AM

IMHO they are looking on trading volumes and rare tokens that you trade. As I remember coin will add on CMC after 50000 USD day trading volume.

Are you reading between the lines? He meant was the exchange, not the coins or tokens to be listed there. Not all exchanges can be easily listed there fast.

Going back to the OP, the criteria is well indicated when you fill up the form, if you not met all requirements then dont expect to be listed easily there. The support of cmc is bad since there are no feedbacks but I guess. If youre exchange is good it will be listed soon.
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2019, 05:58:45 AM

Judging from how they listed novaexchange, coinexchange, yobit and even some proven dodgy exchange
I think they doesn't had any much strict criteria

But its not their fault either if they list/not list an exchange because coinmarketcap is a site which provides data for the crypto market
Hence, good luck applying, i believe you would likely get to list on Coinmarketcap as long as you have the requirement of trading volume, APIs for them to display price and etc
Jenkins33

Activity: 194

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 06:15:44 AM

Hello world,

You need to write a letter to the administration of the site Coinmarketcap and ask them about the selection criteria listning on their website. Judging by the fact that some projects appear there immediately after the implementation of the ICO, getting to the site is not that difficult.

Tamilson

Merit: 503

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 07:08:10 AM

I don't think you can find very detailed information on this forum, I think it would be better if you consult other exchange founders. There are other platforms alternative to the CMC, so you can try your luck with them.

Probably coingecko will help OP out. It's an alternative ranking site but then again it needs to meet the requirements however this don't guarantee the listing.

Kindly check their methodology.
https://www.coingecko.com/en/methodology

Disclaimer: I'm not part of coingecko nor promoting them. I'm just giving an option.

Happy Coding Life Smiley
cryptobae10

Activity: 658
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2019, 09:02:09 AM

Hello world,

There are no secrets, we call them terms and conditions
That is if you are qualified, your exchange gets listed

Do you required trading volume ?? And other requirements
Don’t just complain

What’s the name of your exchange??
SRKNGL

Activity: 476

Files.fm - Store, Share and Sell Files

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 09:14:04 AM

I'm a member of a stock market for 5 months cmc also tried to be listed but somehow they could not. They flung the coins with the latest volumes on the exchange.

TobiasVR

Activity: 626

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 09:48:20 AM

Hello world,

as far as I know, to be able to register in CMC it must have a large trading volume and this could be one of the requirements to make it easier to enter in CMC. other than that maybe the coin must be registered on several exchanges
Zalaster

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2019, 10:07:07 AM

They removed the exchange volume requirement a while back.

https://in.finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/coinmarketcap-removes-volume-requirements-cryptocurrency-192959566.html

Coingecko is far better than cmc tbh, they have excellent customer support which I adore the most about them.
Coingecko does not have such authority as Coinmarketcap, so listing there is much easier. However, the Coinmarketcap should be more transparent regarding the listing conditions.
Gargo

Activity: 585

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 10:13:04 AM

Coinmarketcap has been very mysterious and inaccessible over the last year. On the one hand, they announce that they simplify the possibility of listing, but on the other hand, new projects do not appear on their site at all. Unfortunately, but in this situation, it's only patience.
ATSgrowth

Activity: 924
Merit: 106

homt.net

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 10:20:04 AM

Listing on exchange doesn´t mean that coinmarketcap will list your project. On the exchange your project should have big volume and that is important.
There are thousands of cryptocurrencies, but listed on coinmarketcap are only the biggest one with the highest trading volume.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 07:27:15 AM

Coinmarketcap actually looks at the trade volume of your exchange before listing it.
The last time I checked, your exchange will have to get a minimum of 50,000 USD trade per 24 hours basis.

You can also fasten the listing of your exchange by also telling your team to send a listing request to them. Once coinmarketcap see a request from lots of users and the exchange meets requirements, it would be listed immediately.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: