Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:51:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Hotmine Convector-Miner. Development on the Clarke ASIC chips  (Read 901 times)
CoinEraser
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1718

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 03:28:16 PM

I like the idea itself quite well, because I have already thought about something like this. Since I can only heat my apartment with electricity, I also thought about such a solution. Unfortunately, I didn't go on with the idea, but it was nice to see that other people really put it into practice. I wonder if such a system is really enough to heat my whole apartment with it and what about the noise nuisance? Is such a mining-heating very loud?  Smiley

Well, look. Previously, in miners, power supply units and coolers for heat dissipation were noisy, they were active, with fans. There was a double noise. But in this development there will be a power supply with passive cooling, as well as specially designed radiators, which also passively remove heat from the chips, that make calculations, through the upper openings of the convector. So, it will be completely noiseless Smiley

Ah, now I get it. Thank you for the explanation. That's of course a great idea and noiseless is of course great too. Without the noises, the project becomes even more interesting. I will definitely keep an eye on your project, because i am very interested in it.  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 11:08:46 PM

This is a wonderful idea for people living in a cold climate especially in Iceland but not here in my country a tropical country, they have done the right making this product because this is going to be in demand when the top currency price get up and people wants an alternative to their heating equipment.
selo (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 96
Merit: 51

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2019, 02:25:58 PM

I like the idea itself quite well, because I have already thought about something like this. Since I can only heat my apartment with electricity, I also thought about such a solution. Unfortunately, I didn't go on with the idea, but it was nice to see that other people really put it into practice. I wonder if such a system is really enough to heat my whole apartment with it and what about the noise nuisance? Is such a mining-heating very loud?  Smiley

Well, look. Previously, in miners, power supply units and coolers for heat dissipation were noisy, they were active, with fans. There was a double noise. But in this development there will be a power supply with passive cooling, as well as specially designed radiators, which also passively remove heat from the chips, that make calculations, through the upper openings of the convector. So, it will be completely noiseless Smiley

Ah, now I get it. Thank you for the explanation. That's of course a great idea and noiseless is of course great too. Without the noises, the project becomes even more interesting. I will definitely keep an eye on your project, because i am very interested in it.  Smiley

Thanx! Smiley

This is a wonderful idea for people living in a cold climate especially in Iceland but not here in my country a tropical country, they have done the right making this product because this is going to be in demand when the top currency price get up and people wants an alternative to their heating equipment.

Exactly! Where the temperature drops to 20 degrees Celsius and below, the convector miner is useful there.
selo (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2019, 04:40:47 PM

Today we received and assembled the first demonstration case without painting. 120cm width, 10cm thickness, 45cm height. If standing on legs - height 50 cm  Shocked

selo (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2019, 07:18:49 PM

~snip

An interesting find! We are developers and equipment manufacturers. Smarheat is one of our many partners and distributors for our products. In 2016, they received from us, as from manufacturers, the right to distribute our products for one year, until 2017, but then we stopped working with them. In the picture that you sent above this is the first version of the server, also we have 2nd and 3rd version. Also in partnership with smartheat, they made for us only case for the 3rd version of heater (2016), but we did all the R&D for first one (2013) and the second (2014).
This does not explain why smartheat.io have the same product picture as you do. If the picture above was the first version then why is smartheat.io using it and not their actual products you have sold to them? Things really don't add up as Smartheat is also a russian manufacuturer and distributor which earlier you have claimed in your other posts that you haven't heard about heat convection miners in Russia.
Same assumptions if smartheat is one of their partners or distributor and even tell that they do have lots of partners i cant even see another same product when trying to search out its only smartheat which
i do presume that they do just dragged out that picture and the original seller is smartheat itself.What you think? Grin
At this point I wouldn't assume on who's product belongs to who but so far they are not complying to what I asked for which was a really easy task all they have provided is just a screen recorded mobile phone scrolling to a bunch of mining equipment which at any point does not connect them in anyway being the owners of the mining equipment. Don't you think that there is a possibility that these people, Hotmine, just stumbled a bunch of mining equipment from a unknown manufacturer and started taking pictures and claim that its theirs.

With their latest posts in their other thread they just watermarked the old photos I am talking about which does not prove anything about them being the owners of the mining equipment. Again they already gone the trouble of creating a Youtube video and even watermarking their existing pictures then why can't they provide a written company name tag on their alleged mining equipment and take a picture of it?

Here is the promised photo of the rest of the server version one that lies in our warehouse. There is no marking on it, so providing you a printed company logo on old peaces of mining equipment:

In addition to an entire album of photos of the development process, you would not believe on video and photos earlier, it's proof that we are the manufacturers of the equipment.
selo (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2019, 07:28:42 PM

Today we had a demonstration of the work status indication. It remains a bit - to bring the LEDs on the convector panel Smiley

HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2019, 07:21:56 PM

Wow,
Very cool to find this thread!

This could be a great replacement for guys who have a Antminer R4.

And a great device for heating instead of a normal electric conventional heater.

Would there be any chance to have a demo and write a review?

I have done it in the past with the Hotmine X5 upg. kit and Hotmine X6 miner.

selo (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2019, 02:46:15 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2019, 04:55:50 PM by selo

Today we got the convector's body from painting. We installed radiators, power supplies, hardware, we are waiting for only the boards based on Clarke chips from production:

aioc

Activity: 2884
Merit: 564

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 12:02:33 PM

Today we got the convector's body from painting. We installed radiators, power supplies, hardware, we are waiting for only the boards based on Clark chips from production:

This is going to replace antminer because this technology is the double purpose, you are not buying this device or machine to mine Bitcoin but to experience the benefit of heating your apartment, and this is going to be a big threat for antminers,.

selo (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2019, 07:50:02 AM

Today we got the convector's body from painting. We installed radiators, power supplies, hardware, we are waiting for only the boards based on Clark chips from production:

This is going to replace antminer because this technology is the double purpose, you are not buying this device or machine to mine Bitcoin but to experience the benefit of heating your apartment, and this is going to be a big threat for antminers,.
Wow,
Very cool to find this thread!

This could be a great replacement for guys who have a Antminer R4.

And a great device for heating instead of a normal electric conventional heater.

Would there be any chance to have a demo and write a review?

I have done it in the past with the Hotmine X5 upg. kit and Hotmine X6 miner.

Thanx for supporting us! We will be in touch with you Smiley
selo (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2019, 05:27:53 PM

Hello, dear visitors to this page.

In the production process, an idea came to make a mini-convector based on a single module. So it will be interesting to people who have $400 instead of $ 1,800.

Let me remind you that the convector consists of 5 modules, each with Clarke 33 chips. The retail cost of the convector will be around $1,800.

What do you think?

selo (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2019, 03:33:01 PM
Merited by HagssFIN (5)

Hi there!  Smiley

Yesterday we connected a mini-computer and a control board to a board with chips of previous development - U6. We did this in order to test the operating states of the indicator lights in a running mining process. Roll Eyes New boards based on Clarke chips are in production, but will come to us in a month at best.

Also yesterday we tested the control board of the miner, where the settings take place, and also the states of the convector miner is displayed.

The photo shows a translucent white window, under it will be lights. Also we embedded a power button:

Control panel:

Convector's working conditions, on the left blue lights on the video: https://youtu.be/nLWmbqwKE94
The next step is to connect all the led's on the one board. And it will remain to build led's under a translucent window.
HagssFIN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2019, 03:46:37 PM

Nice progress,
the designs are looking neat. Smiley

selo (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2019, 09:29:00 AM

Hello, dear visitors to this page.

In the production process, an idea came to make a mini-convector based on a single module. So it will be interesting to people who have $400 instead of $ 1,800.

Let me remind you that the convector consists of 5 modules, each with Clarke 33 chips. The retail cost of the convector will be around $1,800.

What do you think?

Do you think it is better to transfer this branch to the "hardware/mining" board? Will it increase the views or is it better to leave as it is in "project development" board?
HagssFIN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2019, 09:37:19 AM
Merited by selo (5)

I will ask about this from a hardware subforum moderator.

I think that this subject fits quite well to the hardware subforum
and should be very interesting for people visiting there. Smiley

selo (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2019, 05:35:23 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), HagssFIN (1)

The plant has already made boards, waiting for delivery  Wink

HagssFIN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2019, 05:54:19 PM

Looking good..!

I like the looks of your pcb design. Smiley

selo (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2019, 06:05:02 PM

Looking good..!

I like the looks of your pcb design. Smiley

Thank you! Praise to our engineers Smiley
selo (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2019, 08:09:40 AM

Hi everyone! Smiley Today we made a calculation of the Convector's mining profitability in different modes. We took two electricity prices as a basis: $0.05 and $0.1. We suggest you familiarize yourself with the calculations  Cool

Option №1
Electricity cost - $0.05

Maximum Convector Operation Mode, 11 TH / 900W
1) daily income - $2.15
2) consumption per day - $1.08
3) daily profit - $1.07

Optimum Convector Mode, 8 TH / 600W
1) daily income - $1.56
2) consumption per day - $0.72
3) daily profit - $0.84

Minimum Convector Operation, 9 TH / 550W
1) daily income - $1.76
2) consumption per day - $0.66
3) daily profit - $1.10

Option №2
Electricity cost - $0.1

Maximum Convector Operation Mode, 11 TH / 900W
1) daily income - $2.15
2) consumption per day - $2.16
3) daily profit - "-$0.01"

Optimum Convector Mode, 8 TH / 600W
1) daily income - $1.56
2) consumption per day - $1.44
3) daily profit - $0.12

Minimum Convector Operation, 9 TH / 550W
1) daily income - $1.76
2) consumption per day - $1.32
3) daily profit - $0.44

Calculations were done on the website http://whattomine.com, thanx!
HagssFIN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2019, 10:10:39 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2019, 10:29:57 PM by HagssFIN

Ok,
So did I understand it correctly?

With 0.05 cent electricity price,
if household heating benefit is not taken into account,
it will take roughly 1800 days to make even,
if the numbers stay the same and if the miner retail price is 1.8k USD.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: