Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:29:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ask The Bounty Team before joining  (Read 838 times)
Bttzed03 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 04:22:26 PM

Recently, I just had this bad experience with a bounty campaign I joined (Vanta to be specific). They've extended the campaign, added some task, and threatened participants that they'll not get all the bounty rewards if they won't participate. I raised my concerns to the bounty manager and I was quite disappointed with the response.

To all fellow hunters, you may want to ask this questions to your bounty managers before joining a campaign:

1. Bounty campaign extension
- Will the team ask for an increase in the bounty pool?
- Will the team close the registration and allow only those participants prior to extension?

2. ICO team inserting rules after the campaign
- Will the team allow ICO teams add rules like exchange voting and require hunters to participate?
- What would be the bounty team's response if ICO teams would withhold the bounty rewards to force hunters to participate?

These questions might help you understand how strong the bounty manager is when it comes to protecting its group of bounty hunters.

Disclaimer: I've also posted a similar topic in other forums I'm into. In case someone checks my post for plagiarism

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cashi

Activity: 392
Merit: 48

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 04:34:45 PM

It's a good approach to ask but most answers you'll get are lies to get more bounty hunters or just the response 'wait, we can't say it yet, it will be announced 'soon''. Joining a bounty is always a risk of being scammed for the time and the majority of projects don't follow their own rules.

Smiley Smiley
HatakeKakashi

Activity: 1274
Merit: 513

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 04:36:54 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2019, 10:02:53 PM by HatakeKakashi

Bounty hunters can ask that question the bounty manager to make sure the requirements ia good so it will help for them to decided if they join or not.

Edit: Because it's free to ask question and it can help to you to avoid mistake once you are in the campaign if you want to join because mostly the hunters make mistake because they did not fully understand the rules and regulation that implemented by the campaign and manager.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Bttzed03 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 04:41:18 PM

I think that bounty managers would be unable to answer such type of questions at the beginning of a bounty.

Why not? This is merely asking them how will they respond in case the ICO teams do the above.

It's a good approach to ask but most answers you'll get are lies to get more bounty hunters or just the response 'wait, we can't say it yet, it will be announced 'soon''. Joining a bounty is always a risk of being scammed for the time and the majority of projects don't follow their own rules.
If that's the response, then it is likely that the bounty team are weak and push over.

Bounty hunters can ask that question the bounty manager to make sure the requirements ia good so it will help for them to decided if they join or not.
Exactly.
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2019, 04:48:28 PM

Sadly this seems to have become normal for the bounty campaigns. I am personally against the extensions and all the sudden changes and especially change and reduction in rewards but even after provoking the bounty managers in different campaigns the results are not seen may be we need some guaranters to interfere to mark a legit campaign.

Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 04:48:32 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2019, 05:01:41 PM by Muzika

Recently, I just had this bad experience with a bounty campaign I joined (Vanta to be specific). They've extended the campaign, added some task, and threatened participants that they'll not get all the bounty rewards if they won't participate. I raised my concerns to the bounty manager and I was quite disappointed with the response.

To all fellow hunters, you may want to ask this questions to your bounty managers before joining a campaign:

- Will the team close the registration and allow only those participants prior to extension?

- Will the team allow ICO teams add rules like exchange voting and require hunters to participate?
- What would be the bounty team's response if ICO teams would withhold the bounty rewards to force hunters to participate?

These questions might help you understand how strong the bounty manager is when it comes to protecting its group of bounty hunters.

Disclaimer: I've also posted a similar topic in other forums I'm into. In case someone checks my post for plagiarism

the BM of a certain project wont know the answer about the question above the only person has the answer regarding the question is the team behind it, and the rules can be modify anytime by the team.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 04:51:33 PM

This is because they always add that in the rules like bounty team has the right to change any thing so you agreeing by participating on it so you need to accept what they are demanding or else don't join on those bounties.
Anait

Activity: 218
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 04:51:42 PM

Very few campaigns will be managed directly by the team itself, those teams can provide answers for this questions. Most of the campaigns were managed by campaign managers who will be paid by the team. They'll be doing what's insisted for them by the team.
gunhell16

Activity: 1694
Merit: 475

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 04:54:30 PM

It should be on the rules, and as it always there, they have the rights to change it. prior to ICO!

The first thing to say is the time and work is the problem if you will leave, but it is always on your side and decision!
You can't ask them as it is already stated on the thread. though if you do and they answer then you are lucky!

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Bttzed03 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 04:57:17 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2019, 05:09:01 PM by Bttzed03

the BM of a certain project wont know the answer about the question above the only person has the answer regarding the question is the team behind it, and the rules can be modify anytime by the team meaning the team rules are always the paramount.
I am aware of that golden rule "team has the exclusive right to change...."
Same reply to a similar comment - this is merely asking the BM how they will respond to such event.

Sadly this seems to have become normal for the bounty campaigns. I am personally against the extensions and all the sudden changes and especially change and reduction in rewards but even after provoking the bounty managers in different campaigns the results are not seen may be we need some guaranters to interfere to mark a legit campaign.
It is sad. I've started asking already some bounty teams and some of them are already taking measures to protect their hunters. I hope we start to see BM's raising these issues before working with these ICOs.
septi.JR

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 05:00:51 PM

the majority bounty manager is paid by the team from the project, and it depends on the team's decision, indeed the question is very good and has a high level of question, but if things don't want it all depends on the project team

````````````````██
```````````````████
``````````````██████``█
`````````````▓▓██████`██
````````````▓▓▓██████████
```````````▓▓▓▓▓██████████
``````````▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████
`````````███████████████████
````````█████████████████████
```````███████████████████████
`````██████████████████████████
````███████████``````███████▓▓▓▓
```████████████``````███████▓▓▓▓▓
``█████████████``````█████████▓▓▓▓
`████████``````````````````████████
█████████``````````````````█████████
█████████``````````````````██████████
``█████████████``````██████████████
`````██████████``````███████████
````````███████``````████████
```````````███████████████
``````````````█████████
Greentoken
ROCKZ
|
Jamalzzz

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 05:16:14 PM

Yes, that might be an annoying thing if the project is extended. I think they have problems in raising funds. This situation is certainly not convenient for bounty hunters because the rules have been changed. Managers do have the freedom to change rules. But you also have to think about the fate of the bounty hunters who have helped this project.
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 05:50:34 PM

These are good questions. I might ask the bounty groups that I am into before participating in the campaigns that they run. It's better to know the position of the bounty managers from the very beginning.
forexandcryptoauditor
Copper Member

Activity: 1162
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2019, 06:13:56 PM

My experience with two recent bounties is not so good.
One bounty got ended early and that also with reduced rewards and one bounty got extended for four weeks.
In both cases there was a statement from bounty manager that they are just managing the bounty please and all decisions are from ico teams where they can not influence it.
Day by day the trend is increasing and we have to be careful about it.

Ifemini

Activity: 690
Merit: 12

There are consequences for every action

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2019, 06:15:41 PM

Lol
Asking the bounty team is not going to help
Except you want to find out basic information like bounty timing and the rules and terms
ansi

Activity: 882
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 06:32:50 PM

There is no shame extending a bounty for more coupe months, i t happened to me more than once & it's just fine as long as the project is legitimate. I got paid for doing 1 year bounty last couple days & other bounty is finished months ago & their tokens will be locked for bounty hunters for 12 months, so it's normal as long as there is enough transparency about it.
uralcryptocoin

Activity: 1042
Merit: 328

SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 06:41:31 PM

Finally did you receive the reward from that bounty campaign?
I don't see a criminal in adding new tasks but only for new participants that connected after new rules implemented

BTC   Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System   BTC
A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution. Digital signatures provide part of the solution, but the main benefits are lost if a trusted third party is still required to prevent double-spending. We propose a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network. The network timestamps transactions by hashing them into an ongoing chain of hash-based proof-of-work, forming a record that cannot be changed without redoing the proof-of-work. The longest chain not only serves as proof of the sequence of events witnessed, but proof that it came from the largest pool of CPU power. As long as a majority of CPU power is controlled by nodes that are not cooperating to attack the network, they'll generate the longest chain and outpace attackers. The network itself requires minimal structure. Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis, and nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the longest proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone.
Sanford

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 06:45:04 PM

I think the manager is doing everything he says. I do not think that they tend to protect hunters. If their reward is high they simply follow the terms of the project.
fibrolit

Activity: 784
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 06:59:45 PM

You forget that at the beginning, when the bounty campaign is launched, there is always one rule - the bounty campaign rules can be changed at any time. As the ICO team decides, so it will be,the bounty Manager is not to blame here,almost always he is the same employee as we are with you. Until the regulation of ICO by the state authorities begins, I think such topics are useless.
geminiboy

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

https://ammut.network/

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 07:03:53 PM

Maneger is only worker not owner of the project, maneger has no power to protect the gifted team from fraud, maneger has information that is limited by the project team, and all sudden changes often occur from the project team without giving prior notice

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: