Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:27:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ask The Bounty Team before joining  (Read 838 times)
thaliaand

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 07:21:54 AM

Recently, I just had this bad experience with a bounty campaign I joined (Vanta to be specific). They've extended the campaign, added some task, and threatened participants that they'll not get all the bounty rewards if they won't participate. I raised my concerns to the bounty manager and I was quite disappointed with the response.

To all fellow hunters, you may want to ask this questions to your bounty managers before joining a campaign:

1. Bounty campaign extension
- Will the team ask for an increase in the bounty pool?
- Will the team close the registration and allow only those participants prior to extension?

2. ICO team inserting rules after the campaign
- Will the team allow ICO teams add rules like exchange voting and require hunters to participate?
- What would be the bounty team's response if ICO teams would withhold the bounty rewards to force hunters to participate?

These questions might help you understand how strong the bounty manager is when it comes to protecting its group of bounty hunters.

Disclaimer: I've also posted a similar topic in other forums I'm into. In case someone checks my post for plagiarism

Bounty managers are like doctors, they can only give you answers for the now and not tomorrow, that's why bounty hunters are supposed to be patient enough to swallow whatever comes. No matter the tricks you have up your sleeves, remember there is a disclaimer on every bounty that bounty managers have the right to make changes anytime during the course of the bounty
Agree. Especially when the campaign has the "disclaimer" that they have the right to make changes anytime, we can only obey and accept the terms and conditions. So I think questioning will be useless.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
macshad

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 07:47:45 AM

What's the problem is that most of the project team or manager does not know if you would be an extension on announced and do you mostly kept in the dark only the ico team Knows if there will be an extension And they would rather not tell bounty participants untill its too late and even end up locking bounty rewards for 4months and above for no good reason
soramon

Activity: 983
Merit: 100

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 07:48:06 AM

I think the bounty hunter may ask rules or term of condition to bounty manager. But if you ask question like that they cant asnwer you. You should ask to the team behind it. All changes maybe come from the team BM only follow their order.

bonker

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 07:55:48 AM

Asking about the extension of the bounties to the bounty manager will not help at many times because they are not aware of the sales effectiveness so they will continue to manage and run the campaign until the team ask them to close it.Better join on the bounties run by reputed managers to avoid scams.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
kingpin4321

Activity: 280
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 07:57:48 AM

Probably you should have not mentioned the project here you can report them on tge reputation section.
Also the question you listed are good ones and might be helpful. But understand something a bad project would always be what it is. Even if you ask this questions you might get an answers that would just lure you in
dirgayeah

Activity: 868
Merit: 103

*Indonesian Professional Translator and BM*

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2019, 08:18:29 AM

To all fellow hunters, you may want to ask this questions to your bounty managers before joining a campaign:

1. Bounty campaign extension
- Will the team ask for an increase in the bounty pool?
- Will the team close the registration and allow only those participants prior to extension?

sometimes, you can ask this. but based on my experience, extended bounty will increase the pool (especially bounty which handled with professional BM)

2. ICO team inserting rules after the campaign
- Will the team allow ICO teams add rules like exchange voting and require hunters to participate?
- What would be the bounty team's response if ICO teams would withhold the bounty rewards to force hunters to participate?

I guess without forcing bounty participant for voting, they will do it with their own. due the interested for profit from both (Dev and BH).

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 08:28:40 AM

Asking about the extension of the bounties to the bounty manager will not help at many times because they are not aware of the sales effectiveness so they will continue to manage and run the campaign until the team ask them to close it.Better join on the bounties run by reputed managers to avoid scams.
It's always in the hands of the developing teams and not with the manager itself, but in some points if the manager really attached from the project his holding, might have a good information regarding to the campaign if the team will continue or stop it, he will be informed first to provide information for the bounty hunters.

I also agree to work with well known managers or make your own research about the project before joining.
letecia012

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 09:34:45 AM

Even you will ask the bounty managers the question you are posted here they can't give you guarantee that there answers may be applicable once ICO is getting over as we are aware that there are always a disclaimers in bounty rules that bounty managers and admins has the authority to revised their rules anytime they want. And this really give headache to bounty hunters.
Innocant

Activity: 1414
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 10:24:59 AM

Must better to ask first on what the bounty campaign in a future than to participate we don't on what it comes. Even me if i'm participated in the bounty ill go first in the telegram as to them about the project they have and the future of it.
hongus

Activity: 736

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 10:30:24 AM

Even you will ask the bounty managers the question you are posted here they can't give you guarantee that there answers may be applicable once ICO is getting over as we are aware that there are always a disclaimers in bounty rules that bounty managers and admins has the authority to revised their rules anytime they want. And this really give headache to bounty hunters.

This is one-sided protection that would nebylo pritenzy. This is the oral form of the contract and we cannot do anything about it. It is a pity that sometimes companies refuse to pay hunters.

lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 11:01:42 AM

Recently, I just had this bad experience with a bounty campaign I joined (Vanta to be specific). They've extended the campaign, added some task, and threatened participants that they'll not get all the bounty rewards if they won't participate. I raised my concerns to the bounty manager and I was quite disappointed with the response.

actually all bounty hunters that have a participation on some uncertain projects on the bounty section had the same experience wherein very dissapointed and frustrated because of that reason when it comes distribution of the rewards. And even though participants provide negative statement to the owner they always ignored it and continue making excuses . However if this issue always occur in some projects then much better to create an article about it or publish a post iespecially here in forum in my opinion m so that everyone can prevent joining such project that always make excuses just to scam investors and bounty hunter.
monster2

Activity: 448
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 11:29:50 AM

Yes gather some information from the team but the best thing to do  is to do your own research about the project. because the choice is yours don't depends on what some are saying on the group but make research , because now there are a lot of scam bounties.

INVECH - SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE - INVECH (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5052844.0)
Thyristor

Activity: 471

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 12:00:27 PM

Cryptomarket was dip in the long term period we see that. So ICO projects not get enough respond from investors that's why normally team will be decide to coin sale extend. Bounty manager never want to bounty extend it is dev decision. Some project increase bounty pool after extend.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 12:16:49 PM

we are aware that there are always a disclaimers in bounty rules that bounty managers and admins has the authority to revised their rules anytime they want. And this really give headache to bounty hunters.

Its normal to revise a rule but its not usual if they modify the rules all the time  because that is considered shady  . 

Even you will ask the bounty managers the question you are posted here they can't give you guarantee that there answers may be applicable

Why not ?  If they wont answer your queries . that is again considered shady  . 

Lastly ,  there is no point of asking the bounty team before joining their ico because they already laid out all of the infos  that are frequently asked   .
shakesbear

Activity: 684

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 01:22:59 PM

Unfortunately bounty hunters are not protected in any way, and team project can change the rules already during the bounty of the company, you need to be ready for this. In particular Vanta promised more tokens for the implementation of the new task. Nothing complicated, so I support them.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
Meryn

Activity: 248

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 01:25:47 PM

There's no way we would ask such a ridiculous thing. sometimes, the Bounty Manager has provided a pinned message. Moreover, Bounty Manager has nothing to do with the questions you mentioned. Something like that, it's better to ask directly to the ICO Team. The Bounty Manager only answers bounty questions.

toast

Activity: 1582
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 01:28:24 PM

the problem is right now if we do not ask the bounty project team, do not join the project carelessly because now there are so many projects that are deceptive or that there are no prizes that we get

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
kiansantan

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 01:30:12 PM

True, before we enter a project deeper, you must know about the project first. So you don't regret later if something happens.
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 01:34:08 PM

Some rules are changed are applied during the bounty, so even the team or the manager will not be able to answer some questions like that. Most bounties end after the ICO and ICO end date are sometimes extended due to not reaching the soft cap or targeted cap during the ICO stage.

tranquangvinh

Activity: 546

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 01:53:37 PM

I agree with you that we should ask the bounty team before joining because it will help us make good decisions when joining that bounty! For me, I often participate in projects that have reputable managers and their rules are very clear
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: