Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:31:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do most of You Traders just use a Laptop for trading with??? ?  (Read 14403 times)
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 09:41:48 PM

I typically use a Windows laptop or desktop to trade with since it's so much easier to navigate sites and execute trades with a mouse and keyboard compared to tapping away on a phone or tablet; I'm aware there's also Windows tablets out there, but I've already got a pretty capable laptop to use with trading on the go. I've never been a fan of having a hundred monitors, but I have three total monitors on my home desktop setup with the main one being a 144hz Viewsonic panel I also use for gaming and the other two are generic 21.5" 60hz screens at 1080p.

I don't personally use an AV as I don't download or click on anything potentially suspicious on my trading laptop, and using common sense should be enough to keep 99% of malware away. The brand of my laptop is actually Acer and it's the Nitro 5 to be specific; I like to game on the go too and the GTX 1050ti in the laptop is just fine for that purpose.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 09:45:30 PM

I'd never use anything other than a computer with a decently sized screen. I've no idea how anyone manages on phones but I am pretty old. Many apps deny features a computer has access to.

Since you'll be logging in and out of sites that hold amounts of your money if you can afford it it's best to keep a dedicated laptop that isn't used to access generalised websites. You never know what you may pick up out there.

You'd also need an adequate processor and ram. It's bonkers how overwhelming certain web pages are on a piece of crap 2gb intel atom machine.
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 10:05:20 PM

Yes a laptop or desktop will work fine. Laptops can use windows updated antivirus and so can desktops. Both should be able to handle charts and trading websites too. With laptops though you have the added ability of putting it on your lap Smiley helps strain your back much less than having to sit in front of a desktop always.
StephenJH

Activity: 1456
Merit: 521

No more Rekt and Bust

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 10:47:19 PM

Having both laptop and fast smartphone is necessary for every trader. It is almost impossible to continue trading with phone screen,so let's accept facts straightly. Laptop with the latest processor and at least 8 GB of Video card is required for running multiple platforms.

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FortuneJack.
  ▄█▄        █           ▄
 ▄████▄▄ ▄▄▀▀██▄▄      ▄███
█▄███████▄▄██████▄▄▄█████
 █▄██████▌▀▄▄███▀▄▄▄▀▀██
  ▄▀████ █▄██▄██▄▄▄▄▀██
   ▀▀▄▀███▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀█████▀▄
     ████▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▄█
    ▐▌▄█████▀   ▄▄▄█▄▄  ███
     ▀█▄▀█▀▀▄  ████▀███▄▀
       ▐▌▄ ▄█▄█▀██▌ ▀▄
       █▄████▀▀    ▄▄▄█▄
        ▀▄▄▀▄▄▄▀▀▀██▄▄
           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ BY
HACKSAW
G  A  M  I  N  G
          ▄▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▀▀██▄▄█▄▄
   ▄█▀████████▄▀▀██▄
▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄█████▐███▄
▀██▄▀█▀▀▀▀███▀▀▐▌
█▄██▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀██▄██▐▌
▐▀▀▄▀▀▀▀  ▀  ▀█▀████▀
 ▀█▀  ▐▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄▀██▄
 █  ▄██████████▄  ▄█▄
▐▌▀▀█████████████████
▐▌ ▐  ▀▌   ▀  ▀██▀▄█
 ▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▀▀
   ▀▀▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▄█▀▀
|
....OVER $2,000,000!....
ALREADY GIVEN AWAY
IN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS
....PLAY NOW....
clover12 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 11:02:37 PM

Having both laptop and fast smartphone is necessary for every trader. It is almost impossible to continue trading with phone screen,so let's accept facts straightly. Laptop with the latest processor and at least 8 GB of Video card is required for running multiple platforms.

I'm looking at Laptop prices.... Expensive!!  We are talking a Cool $400 MiniMum.  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

I can DO $400 but I would rather get it cheaper than that. How?Huh  This is some serious Green. but worth it
clover12 (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 11:07:07 PM

You'd also need an adequate processor and ram. It's bonkers how overwhelming certain web pages are on a piece of crap 2gb intel atom machine.

Tell me About IT!!  I am seeing these 4GB RAM laptops.  My needs are at least 8GB.  Im thinking it will need to be brand spankin new.

Should I order one online?? Amazon?? What model?? It looks like I am leaning towards not getting a Mac because they are so pricey.. It'd be Cool to get a laptop, then attach a seperate mini monitor... to have Dual Monitors but Portable so it fits in a little travel case. This new setup I get will be BOSS.
StephenJH

Activity: 1456
Merit: 521

No more Rekt and Bust

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 11:21:51 PM

I'm looking at Laptop prices.... Expensive!!  We are talking a Cool $400 MiniMum.  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

I can DO $400 but I would rather get it cheaper than that. How?Huh  This is some serious Green. but worth it
If your budget can't afford to buy a new laptop with these specifications then go for used or refurbished laptops under 400 bucks. You need to give something for getting the same value. After a few profitable trades, you can put back the same amount to your pocket Wink

████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FortuneJack.
  ▄█▄        █           ▄
 ▄████▄▄ ▄▄▀▀██▄▄      ▄███
█▄███████▄▄██████▄▄▄█████
 █▄██████▌▀▄▄███▀▄▄▄▀▀██
  ▄▀████ █▄██▄██▄▄▄▄▀██
   ▀▀▄▀███▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀█████▀▄
     ████▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▄█
    ▐▌▄█████▀   ▄▄▄█▄▄  ███
     ▀█▄▀█▀▀▄  ████▀███▄▀
       ▐▌▄ ▄█▄█▀██▌ ▀▄
       █▄████▀▀    ▄▄▄█▄
        ▀▄▄▀▄▄▄▀▀▀██▄▄
           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ BY
HACKSAW
G  A  M  I  N  G
          ▄▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▀▀██▄▄█▄▄
   ▄█▀████████▄▀▀██▄
▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄█████▐███▄
▀██▄▀█▀▀▀▀███▀▀▐▌
█▄██▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀██▄██▐▌
▐▀▀▄▀▀▀▀  ▀  ▀█▀████▀
 ▀█▀  ▐▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄▀██▄
 █  ▄██████████▄  ▄█▄
▐▌▀▀█████████████████
▐▌ ▐  ▀▌   ▀  ▀██▀▄█
 ▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▀▀
   ▀▀▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▄█▀▀
|
....OVER $2,000,000!....
ALREADY GIVEN AWAY
IN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS
....PLAY NOW....
clover12 (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 11:24:35 PM

Where do you recommend buying RefurbsHuh?
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 11:26:17 PM

I am thinking to buy a new computer. Fun. Wondering what you guys use?

Any special computer or just any ol' machine will do?! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Do you have a VPN or a personal Hotspot?

What Virus Protection do you use?  How about... Mac Afee?

Mac or a DELL?Huh Cool Cool
I can’t bring my laptop anywhere I go because of the weight so I decided to buy a good phone which is more convenient to use. Laptop is good for using many indicators and for a hardcore trader, but if not better to buy good phone, which you don’t need wifi to use because of the data available on your plan.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 11:30:08 PM

Where do you recommend buying RefurbsHuh?
Depends where you live. I live in the United States and buy most of my refurb and used computer parts off of Ebay and Newegg (site accepts Bitcoin for all products not sold by third-party vendors). Ebay's pretty good with buyer support so you'll be able to get a refund or replacement in case things aren't as described, and Newegg directly accepts Bitcoin for most products so you don't have to go through the process of trading your crypto into fiat or a gift card if you're buying a laptop with BTC.
clover12 (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 11:30:49 PM

Any special computer or just any ol' machine will do?! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I can’t bring my laptop anywhere I go because of the weight so I decided to buy a good phone which is more convenient to use. Laptop is good for using many indicators and for a hardcore trader, but if not better to buy good phone, which you don’t need wifi to use because of the data available on your plan.

....I AM a Hardcore Trader .. but what kind of phone are you talking about?

BTW, I 110% Agree, it would be better having a Data Plan, instead of WiFi....

You use an ANDROID of some kind?   BUT with Android, you cannot see all the INDICATORS.  All the Bells & Whistels
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 11:41:43 PM

Whichever you buy, keep everything backed up. You can have an external hard disk for that purpose.

I do it with my smartphone if you are fine with small screen (comparing smartphone to laptop or desktop) as I use fullscreen to watch the charts and I don't take worried decisions. But if you want to trade like scalping technically and you want to do it within a fraction of a second or something like that, then laptop or PC is good.

I don't use VPN as in my country, we are neither allowed nor banned from using crypto so I'm fine. You can use HotShield if you want to. Personal hotspot is fine if you are getting good data volume to be used daily.

The day John McAfee started giving bullshit comments like he would lick his own dick, I stopped using his virus protection. Try QuickHeal!

Once a Windows user, always a Windows user!
I will always prefer Dell over anything due to the smooth performance it has given me since a decade.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 11:41:55 PM

I am using a laptop with 7th gen core i5 by intel, the speed and storage is enough for me to trade and do my daily work. I don't use it for gaming.

At home I am using a broadband internet and when I am traveling I always bring with me my personal wifi. I don't connect to public wifi for security purposes.

Kasperskey anti-virus that's all I need and it cost's around $40 per year

Acer
TimeTeller

Activity: 2744
Merit: 588

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 11:52:10 PM

I am using a laptop with 7th gen core i5 by intel, the speed and storage is enough for me to trade and do my daily work. I don't use it for gaming.

At home I am using a broadband internet and when I am traveling I always bring with me my personal wifi. I don't connect to public wifi for security purposes.

What Virus Protection do you use?  How about... Mac Afee?
Kasperskey anti-virus that's all I need and it cost's around $40 per year

Acer

I'm using Mac. I feel secure using this laptop.
Also, easy to move around if you have larger screen.
But if there's urgent need, I use my phone.

I'm using my own personal wifi also when I'm out.
If you will just hook up with any available internet connection, you are opening yourself to risk.

nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 11:59:01 PM

I'm using Mac. I feel secure using this laptop.
Also, easy to move around if you have larger screen.
But if there's urgent need, I use my phone.

I'm using my own personal wifi also when I'm out.
If you will just hook up with any available internet connection, you are opening yourself to risk.
I use to trade using my smart phone and tablet, however there are times loading the page is slow and by the time the page is already uploaded, price has changed already so that's a lost opportunity for us. I just use my smart phone in monitoring the price through Blockfolio and store some coins too in my mobile wallet. I am using Trust Wallet.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 3853

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 04:35:33 AM

What kind of laptop is best?  For binance.  I am looking at these 4gb of RAM machines for cheap!!!

$250 Lenovo - 330-15IGM 15.6" Laptop - Intel Pentium Silver - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive

If you only need to solely run Binance alone with no other program or app that's going to need good hardware, then you're probably fine with that model. Just take note that you wouldn't probably get that laptop working for other more resource-hungry stuff like gaming.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
dark08

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 04:50:03 AM

What Virus Protection do you use?  How about... Mac Afee?

I do prefer to use my smartphone and laptop when I'm doing trading it's easy to use and convenient but of course its depend on your taste where do you prefer to use.
In my smartphone I use a http injector (vpn) when connecting to internet, I suggest do you dude buy what can you think it easy to use no hasle because in trading all you need is your analysis.By the way in my laptop I use Avira antivirus.

timmydakolo2

Activity: 225
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2019, 04:52:13 AM

In my own side I made use of my android phone which is very simple and easy to carry around, you dont need much app for this just your TABTRADER app and CMC app to monitor the market is ok now u have to link your TABTRADER with any Exchanger you are using with the API from the Exchanger to the TABTRADER and you are good to go.
timmydakolo2

Activity: 225
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2019, 04:56:35 AM

And another thing is you don't need to make use of VPN in other to trade most Exchangers don't require you use VPN on their site, and this brought about blockage of IP and as well Frozed your account when suspicious activities is been detected.
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 05:03:21 AM

When i am in home i use desktop as it is convenient to use it, but when i am in office i use laptop as i dont want to use office computer as i dont want to expose my cryptocurrency work to any other place. But when i am out i use my android phone which is more feasible to use in any place. So i have all option ready to use in any situation as i am doing day trading so i have to be ready in all situations.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: