Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:43:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: just been hacked all btc gone trojan in minerd for maxcoin  (Read 3786 times)
r0b1nuk (OP)

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:19:11 PM

somehow someone or something has got into my pc and stole all my bitcoin. the thing is it managed to disable to the wallet so I didn't even know until I went to send bitcoin to exchanges and it just sat there as unconfirmed for about a day. it wasn't until I checked through the block chain and noticed that the account had been rinsed but the wallet still showed as synced and up to date.

I checked the addresses back and the bitcoin just filtered away to different address in blockchain checker

I found a Trojan in minerd for maxcoin so im guessing this is the issue. this came from a senior member on the maxcoin ann thread posting up a link to a wallet he had composed. got to try and remember where I was his post but will be checking.

the price you pay for trying to be the first to get something working

ggggrrrrraaaarrrrgghhhhhhhhhhhh so annoying!!!!

Bitrated user: r0b1nuk.
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:27:10 PM

It will be good if you can post transaction Id's/bitcoin address of hacker, btw download your pc throughly with malware byets anti malware or some other AV and if you are already using av, check logs and search file names on google, maybe you can find some links.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 09:29:14 PM

somehow someone or something has got into my pc and stole all my bitcoin.
Sounds like a personal problem to me. See my signature.

Don't come whining here again, or I will be forced to point out all the red flags in your obvious and despicable money-grab of a post.

The most obvious indicator that your post is utter bullshit is this, "someone or something". What a dipshit you are. GTFO.

Why don't you try spinning your tales on the forums for altcoins? Those people are probably less intelligent than the Bitcoin community.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3219

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:44:26 PM

I found a Trojan in minerd for maxcoin ...

Which trojan did your AV report? Many virus scanners flag mining software as a trojan because they assume  it could be part of a mining botnet.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
miztaziggy

Activity: 432
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:44:37 PM

Don't come whining here again, or I will be forced to point out all the red flags in your obvious and despicable money-grab of a post.

The most obvious indicator that your post is utter bullshit is this, "someone or something". What a dipshit you are. GTFO.

Why don't you try spinning your tales on the forums for altcoins? Those people are probably less intelligent than the Bitcoin community.

Wow, you're a dick

*Image Removed*
baller1

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:48:02 PM

He doesn't solicit donations once in his entire post.. you come off as some authority on BCT, you are not.

As to the OP, just a headsup, sometimes Malwarebytes (if that's what you're checking with) will give false positives to mining .exe like  minerd etc, I think it goes back to the days of solo mining where there were bad malicious mining software that would actually have you mining for someone else. the consensus is if you get the software from a good source that has been used a lot, you're probably fine. (although checksum/sigs are always best to have) I wouldn't use that anymore if you think that was the cause. your culprit stuff could be coming from somewhere else is my point.

I know not easy for everyone, but I always use new mining software on a separate computer from any of my good warm wallets. it's just much safer.

edit* and if you can find the exact link where you DL'd it from. make sure to post and follow-up.
bassclef

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:54:06 PM

Sorry to hear about your loss, but don't say you weren't warned. Newbies would be wise to stay out of the altcoin forum.
BitCoinsLOL

Activity: 214

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:55:04 PM

Hey halfwit your signature says "Anyone who creates a thread soliciting donations on this forum should be mocked and despised"

Where in his thread does he solicit donations?Huh

I never thought my life could be. Anything but catastrophe. But suddenly I begin to see. A "BIT" of good luck for me. Cause I've got a golden ticket!
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:57:35 PM

Hey halfwit your signature says "Anyone who creates a thread soliciting donations on this forum should be mocked and despised"

Where in his thread does he solicit donations?Huh

because he removed it? I mean this forum sucks donkey balls, and the admin rather use $10 mill in donation to fck holes and smoke cracks.
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:13:46 PM

Sorry for your loss bro.

Try and keep your wallet in an encrypted drive.
You can do this for free or buy software that allows you to encrypt parts of your hard drives as separate encrypted drives.
This is what I do.

Remeber, most of this malicious software target the default directory of Bitcoin and your wallet.dat.
if you move that to an encrypted drive then you are safe(r).

wasamata

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:27:16 PM

Sorry for your loss,

That's how brilliant these satoshi developers are,

Can't even make a secure wallet. Fucking morons.

http://www.secureworks.com/cyber-threat-intelligence/threats/cryptocurrency-stealing-malware-landscape/
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:40:24 PM

No amount of security is going to protect a user who is making poor security decisions such as storing Bitcoins on the same networked computer used to experiment with alt-coins.

+1
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 10:46:17 PM

No amount of security is going to protect a user who is making poor security decisions such as storing Bitcoins on the same networked computer used to experiment with alt-coins.
+1

There is no cure for stupidity.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
wasamata

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:20:47 PM

+1

There is no cure for stupidity.

The only stupidity actually are those who build insecure wallets with massive security flaws and the sheeple like you who recommend them.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:20:17 AM

somehow someone or something has got into my pc and stole all my bitcoin. the thing is it managed to disable to the wallet so I didn't even know until I went to send bitcoin to exchanges and it just sat there as unconfirmed for about a day. it wasn't until I checked through the block chain and noticed that the account had been rinsed but the wallet still showed as synced and up to date.

I checked the addresses back and the bitcoin just filtered away to different address in blockchain checker

I found a Trojan in minerd for maxcoin so im guessing this is the issue. this came from a senior member on the maxcoin ann thread posting up a link to a wallet he had composed. got to try and remember where I was his post but will be checking.

ggggrrrrraaaarrrrgghhhhhhhhhhhh so annoying!!!!

Obviously your BTC wallet should have been encrypted.
Really sorry about your loss.

BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:28:26 AM

Gotta love this shit.

A 45 day old newbie giving a 30 day old newbie shit like he is some sort of regular around here.

Personally, newbies shouldn't even be allowed to post in this forum.

~BCX~

Hey now, you were a noob once too you know...

Anywho, I do happen to agree that we need to have some sort of "guidelines" with the newbs.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:30:02 AM

Or rather, the price you pay for using Windows crap. 

Never had any issues with trojans, crashing, or viruses since the day I moved to Mac. 

Mac is such a small market share when you think about it. I can bet you ten bucks that if the roles were reversed, Macs would have just as many issues. Plus, who mines on macs anyways?

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:19:56 AM

Hey dipshit, altcoins are essentially a part of the bitcoin community. As I support alt coins and Bitcoin.

Just because I support alt coins does not mean I am less intelligent than someone who is only pro bitcoin. Check your flawed logic buddy.

Leave your ego at the door. lol  Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:43:02 AM

I hate to come off as a dick, but seriously, next time try to watch what you download. The altcoin subforum is the official home of people trying to steal your Bitcoins, either through pump and dumps or viruses. When you're in there you really got to watch your back no matter the OS you are doing. When you run a program as admin, you are giving that program access to your entire computer, I don't care what OS you have, or what security features you have installed, or what AV you have. This means that if your unencrypted Bitcoin wallet is stored on a computer, and by unencrypted I mean decryptable by looking at files on that computer or via keylogger, you are giving that program access to your Bitcoins, for better or worse.

Unless you trust the distributor of a program so much so that you would be willing to trust that distributor with your Bitcoins, then don't run that program on your computer with an unencrypted wallet.

It really is as simple as that. There's literally NO OTHER FOOLPROOF way to go about protecting yourself. If you want Bitcoin to be truly zero-trust, you're going to have to find some way of storing them offline.

I know I might get a lot of hate for saying this but its true. I'm sorry for your loss; lets hope it serves as a valuable learning experience.

btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 06:58:23 AM

I call it LEB. A cure for all problems related to crypto theft.

1) Linux
2) Encryption
3) Backup

When done properly - you just cannot loose your money.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: