Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:05:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I Screwed Up  (Read 7495 times)
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 09:00:08 AM

well in as much as i don't want to sound negative, I have to tell you the truth. Your bitcoin is lost, you should forget about it and move on. It will be difficult or rather impossible reaching the owner of the wallet you sent the bitcoin to so its better you take your mind off and move on. Just be extra careful with bitcoin transfers next time.
soljal543

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2019, 09:07:44 AM

I was trying to transfer my Bitcoin and for some reason my Bitcoin was sent to the wrong address, I just started to use bitcoin recently and now i'm suck on how to get my money back. The transaction ID is (0d2ab7e318058c36f10ad06c26b79ebde8ea532551f78d9150759e591a3a674e) and it was sent to this address (bc1qy4jleyqse9jka39296vzn6ykx7hk3mh63zpwvl) which I did not create nor facilitate which confuses me the most. Please help me if possible thanks.

If you have no idea whose address that is, then your device might be infected with malware or virus. There are some of this which changes what you copied into their own wallet address so they get to steal your funds while others records what you type and copy.

By the way I checked the address bc1qy4jleyqse9jka39296vzn6ykx7hk3mh63zpwvl and that it is receiving funds from 4 addresses. Are those all your addresses? Or which one is yours?
And what wallet or exchange where you using and where were you trying to send them?

I don't think this is a malware work, it's like the person made a mistake. Anyway there is nothing you can do to retrieve your bitcoin, just forget about it and move on. You will get more as far as you are hardworking. Goodluck
CryptoInsights

Activity: 141
Merit: 19

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 09:12:06 AM

I was trying to transfer my Bitcoin and for some reason my Bitcoin was sent to the wrong address, I just started to use bitcoin recently and now i'm suck on how to get my money back. The transaction ID is (0d2ab7e318058c36f10ad06c26b79ebde8ea532551f78d9150759e591a3a674e) and it was sent to this address (bc1qy4jleyqse9jka39296vzn6ykx7hk3mh63zpwvl) which I did not create nor facilitate which confuses me the most. Please help me if possible thanks.

Your system has been effected with the malware that changes the address while transferring funds. Immediate action can be change the hard disk of your system as the malware will be stored in your meta data and will modify the data in the clipboard.

When ever you are logging in into any exchange or account please make sure that the URL is not modified as there are many cases where the URL will be modified by the malware and your credentials and 2Fa will be hacked.
Check Address twice or thrice before sending an coin.

thankyoulord

Activity: 475
Merit: 1

Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2019, 09:32:17 AM

frankly speaking i will advice you stop crying over the money and count it as a loss you have to bear. this thing happens every now and then of people mistakenly sending bitcoin to the wrong wallet address. Just pull yourself together and move on and then be more careful will all transactions you make next time so as not to get yourself into same issue again. sorry

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄
▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌ (https://dago-mining.com)
manfredmann

Activity: 518
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2019, 10:47:04 AM

If you have no idea whose address that is, then your device might be infected with malware or virus. There are some of this which changes what you copied into their own wallet address so they get to steal your funds while others records what you type and copy.

By the way I checked the address bc1qy4jleyqse9jka39296vzn6ykx7hk3mh63zpwvl and that it is receiving funds from 4 addresses. Are those all your addresses? Or which one is yours?
And what wallet or exchange where you using and where were you trying to send them?

Oh noh, this does not sound too good for me. Anyway, i should better not download any malware being uploaded in telegram channel spamming every group with the malware. I know it already but it does not guarantee that I can accidentally click the link and download the malware. So, if ever the device gets infected with then I should better review every transaction to be made and change BTC address if it is not the right Recipient.
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 10:52:31 AM

So are you send into correct address but ended with wrong address ?
Are you sending from legal or verified device or website ?
It's very rare to happen !

But if this because of your own mistake, it's irreversible !

Smiley
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 10:54:47 AM

This is not necessary have to be phishing.
I've heard that there are some malware that change the receiver BTC address: so you copy the right address but it pastes the other one. Or you paste the right one but malware changes it right before you are pressing send button.
Now OP just lost money but for future, If you are not using a special OS and your anti-virus remain silent then just double check the receiving address before confirming the transaction.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 11:37:47 AM

Hey that’s really sad you said you were using electrum and have no malware found, did you recently update Electrum from the PC version without going to the site?. If you’re not aware a while ago there was a big Electrum wallet scam I feel you’re it’s victim. I would advise you to use it’s mobile app, also check 2 - 3 times before sending any funds.
ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 12:52:35 PM

You should be careful next time mate, do not just double check but triple check it before you send any crypto to peers. There's no way to recover recover your funds unless you know owner otherwise charge it to your experience. You should try scanning address than copy pasting it I think its better way of sending funds.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 01:59:21 PM

You should be careful next time mate, do not just double check but triple check it before you send any crypto to peers. There's no way to recover recover your funds unless you know owner otherwise charge it to your experience. You should try scanning address than copy pasting it I think its better way of sending funds.

Right. There's been a lot of the same case all in the forums with people trying to find ways on how to recover btc sent to the wrong address. I guess this just shows how secure blockchain in because there's no way you can recover or retrieve your coins once the transction pushes through. A lesson for the future dude.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
markdario112616

Activity: 816
Merit: 133

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 04:30:56 PM

This is irretrievable to be honest. I agree to one of the post, that you might have accidentally click a phishing link. For that, you're Cellphone or laptop is already compromised and most likely you need to reformat it or install a virus scanner tool. Just to clean your system and flush out that possible malwares/virus. Moving forward, just try to be more careful on your transactions. As for your lost coin, It's already long gone.
omone1

Activity: 845
Merit: 52

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 05:03:02 PM

Sorry about this, maybe you weren't careful enough to cross checking the bitcoin address, if you think you were very careful, try to send just less than a dollar to another known address and see if this will be diverted, if it's diverted, a malware might have just attacked your device, which in a wise sense, you need to either abandon that device or seek solution for it. As for the bitcoin, it can't be reverse.
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 07:48:21 PM

There is a common malware that puts in the hackers address when you try to send a transaction.  This is why it is always recommended to triple check the address you are sending to.  If you are signing offline with a hardware wallet this will never be a problem for you.

Does this malware exist in Android systems or justin Windows?

It's is not limited to either window or Android. It can happen in any operating system or platform. The main issue here is that the OP can't get his money back.
Though, aside from the malware, it's either OP manually typed the address and mistakenly inserted a wrong number or letter which changed the address.
Or, he opened a Bitcoin wallet from a phishing site which automatically changed his wallet address when sending the BTC.
Skyshark

Activity: 505
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 11:16:26 PM

I feel sorry for you OP. It's a good thing that you've only lost $80 worth [i've read this from other replies]. A certain individual/s was now the lucky owner of your coins. But although it's a not so big amount, that can also be frustrating. True enough, there is really nothing you can do to retrieve it. So be sure to be careful next time. It will really help if we double check all the informations involve before clicking the enter button.

malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 11:32:05 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2019, 03:55:50 PM by malikusama

Make it simple it's not possible to reverse the transaction in anyway, One way out is that if you find out that who owns the address on which you have sent your BTC, may be you can ge it back after requestion. However chances are very low ( approximately 1%).
I suspect that this happened may be due to malware in your computer. I suggest you to improve security of your account and pc by taking additional measures.
shinharu10282016

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 11:48:20 PM

So you sent it on a wrong address? I think it will be not possible since any transactions you process on the blockchain is irreversible. But what you can do is know who the owner of the address is, which is a bad idea because owners are anonymous here thanks to those addresses. You might want to check what went wrong, probably something that messed your transactions on your pc/mobile
MakeMoneyBtc

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 11:52:14 PM

You either screw it up by yourself and you copied the wrong adress or your device was hacked by some malware and the adress changed alone when you completed the transaction. In both cases your coins are lost forever and there is no way you can recover it so you it's better to forget about it and move on.
ivan376

Activity: 742

stabilascan.org

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 03:16:27 PM

There is a virus that will automatically change your BTC address. The copy and paste process will be affected. So be very careful, always check the address before sending BTC. The virus will only affect BTC copy-paste process, not other cryptocurrencies.

keziakusayang

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 03:34:27 PM

there's nothing more you can do, start again and make it your lesson so that it doesn't happen again.
keep in mind. you must be careful. now there are so many bad people who are targeting bitcoin because of the very high prices nowadays.
donuts1234

Activity: 186
Merit: 15

No banking,Only Bitcoin!

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 03:37:29 PM

Well, that definitely sucks for you, But Bitcoin is irreversible meaning there is no way to retrieve those sent Bitcoins without owning the private key to the other address. You should try keeping your Bitcoins more securely to prevent this from happening.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: