Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:42:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The misunderstandings in KYC (know your customer)  (Read 789 times)
SixFigures

Activity: 798
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 11:48:32 PM

The bounty of the company for quite some time do not bring profit to the bounty hunters, so take KYC to participate in the bounty becomes less appropriate.

Definitely true! some projects are not worth it to give your own information because they might be a scam or not successful one so bounty hunters must be very attentive with regards of picking bounties especially if the project require KYC.

I dont have objection about KYC because i think its good to comply government regulation. If we join in the campaign, we should be trust the project is good and i think its not a problem if we give information about us because government regulation on ICOs

If the information stays with the projects and the projects are serious, it shouldn't be a problem. But what happens if they leak the data?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cashi

Activity: 392
Merit: 48

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 11:51:08 PM

The bounty of the company for quite some time do not bring profit to the bounty hunters, so take KYC to participate in the bounty becomes less appropriate.

Definitely true! some projects are not worth it to give your own information because they might be a scam or not successful one so bounty hunters must be very attentive with regards of picking bounties especially if the project require KYC.

I dont have objection about KYC because i think its good to comply government regulation. If we join in the campaign, we should be trust the project is good and i think its not a problem if we give information about us because government regulation on ICOs
LOL and scammers are celebrating this to steal your IDs and sell it for criminal actions. Just LOOOL. Plz make at least a somewhat decent post instead of such useless shitposts without any appropriate sense. Same goes to mega spammer LUCKMCFLY.  Roll Eyes

If the information stays with the projects and the projects are serious, it shouldn't be a problem. But what happens if they leak the data?
This!
That's why KYC is an extreme danger for everyone who must submit it. Nobody need KYC.

Smiley Smiley
SixFigures

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 10:24:27 PM

LOL and scammers are celebrating this to steal your IDs and sell it for criminal actions. Just LOOOL. Plz make at least a somewhat decent post instead of such useless shitposts without any appropriate sense. Same goes to mega spammer LUCKMCFLY.  Roll Eyes

This!
That's why KYC is an extreme danger for everyone who must submit it. Nobody need KYC.

Not that nobody needs KYC if it is a legal requirement, but the risk can't be ignored that the data gets abused or leaked.

alberdina

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2019, 04:30:35 AM

In my opinion, KYC is a good procedure. KYC for Bounty arises because many people violate regulations. ICO companies don't want their coins to fall on people who cheat. KYC is a procedure that must be done even if you oppose it.

aioc

Activity: 2898
Merit: 567

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 04:48:39 AM

I have seen many hunters talk about the kyc with utmost hatred. Many wants kyc removed, many thinks it's not fair for hunters, while some say it shouldn't be for hunters, because hunters are not investors.

But the point is, if the company or start-up project asks for kyc from hunters, they are not wrong in any way.

Kyc are not for investors only, as long as you will hold or holds a company's or start-up project equity share and have voting rights, you are a customer. What this simply means is that whether you bought the token or through bounty hunting but holds this token with the so called investors, there is no different between you hunter and an investor with cash.

Both of you holds the same token from this company and share equal right with them, which means that what an investor can do an this particular company, you as hunter holding the same token can do also.

The only difference is that the investors invested their cash and you invested your time and both of you holds the same token and shares equal rights.  So if you say that you can't pass through kyc because you are a hunter, then you are the cheater

You are fast to judge those who don't want to pass KYC or do not accept KYC, well if you are participating in all the ICO that you are investing and promoting and pass the KYC don't be surprised if you find all your personal details sold in the black market, let's admit it, these ICO's come and go and who do you ask what happen to your personal details, when the ICO that you've got in is already nowhere to be found.

kisfoxs

Activity: 289
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 04:54:12 AM

KYC is indeed a problem in every Bounty program. Many Bounty participants don't pass KYC and don't get tokens. Those who qualify for KYC can get tokens. But what's interesting to me is that every time KYC is used rarely the project can succeed. And I see that every time the token is entered in the Exchange the price immediately drops. Could this developer be unprofessional in doing his job.

https://cerlos.io
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
🏠 -> Transforming The Trillion-dollar Building Materials Industry <- 🏠
Pithaxz

Activity: 452
Merit: 2

EPSILOAN.xyz

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 04:57:50 AM

The KYC system often makes bounty hunters reluctant to join the project, in the end they always think that KYC is not commensurate with their work, whereas on the other hand I think KYC can also help reduce many accounts.

Jr Member

Join EpsiLoan's Seed Sale!
((((     EPSILOAN.xyz     ))))
Fair launch, No VCs or Insiders
Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 05:28:27 AM

the only problem with KYC is the risk that might you get from passing your KYC to the team, imagine they can used it to their own purposes like they pretend that they were you and used it for some legal or illegal purposes without your consent, that is what people are avoiding. Since sometimes KYC was announced after the campaign then the scammers are the team behind it because they were not transparent from the start, although they had the authority to change the rules but the image of them will be broken.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 06:13:08 AM

In my opinion, KYC is a good procedure. KYC for Bounty arises because many people violate regulations. ICO companies don't want their coins to fall on people who cheat. KYC is a procedure that must be done even if you oppose it.
Silly reasoning. The KYC check is carried out in order to prevent dirty money laundering and to combat the financing of terrorism. Conducting it for another purpose is illegal. The guillotine (clipping head) also treats headaches. But is it worth it for this to apply? Checking KYC with unregulated activities ICO does cryptocurrency and participants of the cryptocurrency market more harm than good.
Semar Mesem

Activity: 1484
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 07:59:14 AM

I agree that KYC is only used for bounty hunters, but unfortunately at the moment there are many ICO projects that require KYC so that investors don't like it, crypto is anonymous so anyone who has crypto doesn't need to know their identity.

Uju4real
Copper Member

Activity: 349
Merit: 0

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 09:24:28 AM

KYC is not a bad idea but I believe it should be stated before the start of the bounty. I have been denied some tokens from projects I did simply because of KYC which wasn't stated before I started the bounty campaign

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
█▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇█
ivaf

Activity: 980
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 09:47:26 AM

KYC is not a bad idea but I believe it should be stated before the start of the bounty. I have been denied some tokens from projects I did simply because of KYC which wasn't stated before I started the bounty campaign

Absolutely agree with you! If a KYC is needed for bounty hunters, please report it at the start of a bounty campaign. I also came across cases where the need for a KYC was reported at the end of a bounty campaign, and it was not always possible to successfully pass a KYC later.
anjho.ace

Activity: 371
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 10:32:27 AM

I have seen many hunters talk about the kyc with utmost hatred. Many wants kyc removed, many thinks it's not fair for hunters, while some say it shouldn't be for hunters, because hunters are not investors.

But the point is, if the company or start-up project asks for kyc from hunters, they are not wrong in any way.

Kyc are not for investors only, as long as you will hold or holds a company's or start-up project equity share and have voting rights, you are a customer. What this simply means is that whether you bought the token or through bounty hunting but holds this token with the so called investors, there is no different between you hunter and an investor with cash.

Both of you holds the same token from this company and share equal right with them, which means that what an investor can do an this particular company, you as hunter holding the same token can do also.

The only difference is that the investors invested their cash and you invested your time and both of you holds the same token and shares equal rights.  So if you say that you can't pass through kyc because you are a hunter, then you are the cheater

I do understand your point, KYC is a must for everyone as it is for the protection of the ICO team as they dont want to participate a restricted citezen of a specific country.
Though, what most bounty participants want, is to announce the KYC at the beginning of the campaign and not after it.
We all want to be transparent so people who can't do KYC will not join the bounty anymore.
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 11:06:22 AM

I do understand your point, KYC is a must for everyone as it is for the protection of the ICO team as they dont want to participate a restricted citezen of a specific country.
Though, what most bounty participants want, is to announce the KYC at the beginning of the campaign and not after it.
We all want to be transparent so people who can't do KYC will not join the bounty anymore.
Makes sense if they want to do KYC for bounty hunters, it should be done before the start of the campaign, some campaign run for 5 months to 8 months and you can imagine the frustration of not getting your 8 months work because you did not pass their KYC.
vanya.pronin.1983

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 01:13:22 PM

I agree with you and think that KYC process is a must for every investor as well as for all bounty participants, because as soon as they have got their tokens, they have the same right as investors because they are also holding their tokens.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 06:12:54 PM

Well any project that requires kyc for people to be part of shareholders or something is not really a true blockchain project. A real cryptocurrency that needs unique identifications could get it  without having direct access to them nor keep them on centralized platforms .
 I think all projects that require kyc should probably go through STO to raise funds and get all the identification they need. It is a bit confusing to portray cryptocurrency space as anonymity/privacy friendly space and then doing different thing entirely in violation of the principle.
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 06:51:33 PM

Yup that is true. Some of them will only ask for it when it is time for you to withdraw your earnings. That is very wrong, they should state it that you will need KYC at the beginning and not when you’re about to withdraw, that’s very wrong cause they are doing what’s not of the agreement. But one thing I do know is that KYC is important , just that they are doing it the wrong way.

KYC is not really bad as some people think, but the thing is that some ICOs are now using it as a way to kind of play tricks on hunters or something. But I do know for sure that KYC is a very important thing to be done in every ICO, but you should also be aware of those that are doing it for the purpose of stealing your info and selling it on the dark web.
SixFigures

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 10:42:25 PM

Yup that is true. Some of them will only ask for it when it is time for you to withdraw your earnings. That is very wrong, they should state it that you will need KYC at the beginning and not when you’re about to withdraw, that’s very wrong cause they are doing what’s not of the agreement. But one thing I do know is that KYC is important , just that they are doing it the wrong way.

KYC is not really bad as some people think, but the thing is that some ICOs are now using it as a way to kind of play tricks on hunters or something. But I do know for sure that KYC is a very important thing to be done in every ICO, but you should also be aware of those that are doing it for the purpose of stealing your info and selling it on the dark web.

It also should be handled extremely professionally by a dedicated third party provider. Do you feel comfortable giving your ID to 2 guys running an airdrop for a coin? That's the problem. Nobody on this forum should ever do that. It is not worth it.

crenfrosck

Activity: 470
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 11:32:19 PM

I understand your points that you have made. Anonymous owners of a company you are working in? That does not sound like a good idea. However, all participants should be aware of those requirements before they have joined a particular bounty. Many feel betrayed when they do not receive what belongs to them just because someone has changed requirements at last minute. A deal should be as clear as it can be before any action is taken. Otherwise, you will not attract many people with an unstable attitude  Wink.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
ataki

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 11:39:03 PM

You have to make difference between STOs and ICOs. STOs are a different animal and asking for KYC there is legally a must. Asking for KYC in ICOs for hunters is a nonsense. They are getting a small amount of tokens which is not worth for risking your personal data. Many ICOs doing the KYC process themselves which is not secure at all.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: