Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:30:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN|Kepler Network|First Confidential Asset Platform Based on MW | Cuckatoo31  (Read 5187 times)
onetwo12

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 01:39:00 AM

1) Pre-mine of 42,000,000 coins is not 2% of the total supply in any meaningful sense for a very long time.
In a month, you would have a total supply of 43,800,000 coins mined, giving your dev team nearly HALF of the total supply.
This is completely unreasonable for any crypto.

2) Also the confidential assets line is silly: both BitGrin and Grin core team are already working on this, and given that you haven't been part of those discussions, it seems pretty clear that you have no intent of implementing a solution.

3) There is a SERIOUS security vulnerability in your code due to the commit you started your fork from. Good luck.

4) BitGrin is already a better solution for the problem you're trying to solve. BitGrin uses the time-tested Bitcoin emission schedule and has confidential assets in the roadmap. Learn more about BitGrin here: https://bitgrin.io/

or you expect every project like grin and live on donations?

i think it's silly if the dev team have no coins, because they have no incentive to maintain the project for long term?

seems the economic model of kepler is better since it's halving every 2 years rather than 4 years.

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
onetwo12

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 01:41:42 AM

1) Pre-mine of 42,000,000 coins is not 2% of the total supply in any meaningful sense for a very long time.
In a month, you would have a total supply of 43,800,000 coins mined, giving your dev team nearly HALF of the total supply.

2) Also the confidential assets line is silly: both BitGrin and Grin core team are already working on this, and given that you haven't been part of those discussions, it seems pretty clear that you have no intent of implementing a solution.

3) There is a SERIOUS security vulnerability in your code due to the commit you started your fork from. Good luck.

4) BitGrin is already a better solution for the problem you're trying to solve. BitGrin uses the time-tested Bitcoin emission schedule and has confidential assets in the roadmap. Learn more about BitGrin here: https://bitgrin.io/

BitGrin has a modest dev fee as part of each block for the first 4 years. By the end
of 4 years the dev team will have acquired 4.9% of the total supply through this
feature. After this, no further dev fee applies.

Huh Huh Huh

so bitgrin will take 4.9% of the coin while Kepler take 2% of the coin?

and you are saying dev should work for free like grin ?

onetwo12

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 01:48:57 AM

pub const DEV_FEE_TOTAL: u64 = 1_000_000; // 1M coins to match Satoshi’s Bitcoin holdings
that’s what they have 1M dev share
total coin 21M

4.76% of the total coin of bitgrin dev fees.......

BitGrin

Activity: 45
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 02:00:42 AM

pub const DEV_FEE_TOTAL: u64 = 1_000_000; // 1M coins to match Satoshi’s Bitcoin holdings
total coin 21M

These BitGrin coins are height locked and only unlocked once per month at 20k coins each time. This means the dev team always has 10% or less of the circulating supply, and rewards ongoing development and health of the coin by incentivizing the developers to continue well after the initial launch. Kepler on the other hand will have 100% of the circulating supply now, 50% of the circulating supply in a month, and so on. This is far too much and creates a terrible economy for a currency. There incentive will be to sell as many coins as possible, as quickly as possible, and then discontinue work.

Also: it looks like they have been shadow premining for 12 days: https://github.com/keplernetwork/kepler/commit/368bb2690389e0a9825ce2a1485dbb3e833d1732
BTCspace

Activity: 952
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 02:44:39 AM

total coin 21M

These BitGrin coins are height locked and only unlocked once per month at 20k coins each time. This means the dev team always has 10% or less of the circulating supply, and rewards ongoing development and health of the coin by incentivizing the developers to continue well after the initial launch. Kepler on the other hand will have 100% of the circulating supply now, 50% of the circulating supply in a month, and so on. This is far too much and creates a terrible economy for a currency. There incentive will be to sell as many coins as possible, as quickly as possible, and then discontinue work.

Also: it looks like they have been shadow premining for 12 days: https://github.com/keplernetwork/kepler/commit/368bb2690389e0a9825ce2a1485dbb3e833d1732

are you sure you are a developer?  it's so silly you say they have a shadow premine for 12 days.
please double check and try to FUD it again.

running farm worldwide
BitGrin

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 02:50:07 AM

total coin 21M

are you sure you are a developer?  it's so silly you say they have a shadow premine for 12 days.

Please explain to me why the genesis block was created 12 days ago, and the chain was announced today.
BTCspace

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 02:51:50 AM

total coin 21M

Please explain to me why the genesis block was created 12 days ago, and the chain was announced today.

if you ask this question, i think you are really new to crypto. you should setup an explorer and check it. Grin

running farm worldwide
BitGrin

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 02:56:09 AM

total coin 21M

if you ask this question, i think you are really new to crypto. you should setup an explorer and check it. Grin

The explorer tells you nothing. It is simple to mine blocks on an offline node, giving you the longest chain after 12 days of mining, then broadcasting it later as the longest chain.
This leads to a re-org of the chain and is the single most effective way to attack a chain. It's called shadow mining or selfish mining. Instead of resorting to name-calling, please google it.
In fact, I'll do it for you:
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/selfish-mining.asp
BTCspace

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 03:02:24 AM

total coin 21M

are you sure you are a developer?  it's so silly you say they have a shadow premine for 12 days.

The explorer tells you nothing. It is simple to mine blocks on an offline node, giving you the longest chain after 12 days of mining, then broadcasting it later as the longest chain.
This leads to a re-org of the chain and is the single most effective way to attack a chain. It's called shadow mining or selfish mining. Instead of resorting to name-calling, please google it.
In fact, I'll do it for you:
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/selfish-mining.asp

even right now, the diff of kepler is too high to do the attack.

what's the diff of bitgrin for C31 algorithm?

running farm worldwide
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 03:47:25 AM

what's the current block number?
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 04:18:12 AM

Can I mine the Kepler coin with AMD or NVIDIA with limited memory, like 4GB and below?
better economic model than grin and looking forward to the mining.

another coins with algorithm Cuckoo Cycle, I saw the last few months Cuckoo Cycle become a hot discussion. maybe, this can be something interesting
There are always hot trend in crypto, that changes over time.
For crypto mining industry, since late of 2017, we have seen several hot trends in mining algorithms, from NeoScrypts, Quark, then the Cuckoo Cycle within recent weeks.

need support Cuckatoo31 algorithm. seems you need at least 8GB memory GPU Card.

since big amount of 4GB or 2GB cards are holding by Ethereum and Zcash mining farm.

that's maybe the reason why they choose Cuckatoo31, that means only high end GPU with at least 8GB memory can mine Kepler.
BTCspace

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 04:22:54 AM

i hope Kepler can change the bear market.

Kepler will be the first good coin in 2019!

but we need a roadmap for confidential asset.

then i will mine some.

running farm worldwide
mwgrinpool

Activity: 3
Merit: 9

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 04:53:41 AM

You know, RESERVED (yep)
cybterpunk

Activity: 414
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 05:42:16 AM

You know, RESERVED (yep)

when will the pool ready?

will try to mine some.
cybterpunk

Activity: 414
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 05:44:52 AM

Can I mine the Kepler coin with AMD or NVIDIA with limited memory, like 4GB and below?
better economic model than grin and looking forward to the mining.

another coins with algorithm Cuckoo Cycle, I saw the last few months Cuckoo Cycle become a hot discussion. maybe, this can be something interesting
There are always hot trend in crypto, that changes over time.
For crypto mining industry, since late of 2017, we have seen several hot trends in mining algorithms, from NeoScrypts, Quark, then the Cuckoo Cycle within recent weeks.

need support Cuckatoo31 algorithm. seems you need at least 8GB memory GPU Card.

since big amount of 4GB or 2GB cards are holding by Ethereum and Zcash mining farm.

that's maybe the reason why they choose Cuckatoo31, that means only high end GPU with at least 8GB memory can mine Kepler.

yes, for grin, there is a long discussion on ASIC Friendly or ASIC Resistance

“ Kepler PoW consensus with Cuckoo Cycle (C31 only.) We selected C31 exclusive mining as it is more fair to the miners”.
mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 12:22:03 PM

Just making a note: Don't mine this junk SCAM.

This is my signature...
aleandromagno
Legendary

Activity: 1323

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 12:33:33 PM

Is this project related in some way to Kepler technologies ICO - https://keplertek.io/ ?
Here is announcement thred of the other Kepler: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2839512.0

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀      
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████      
████████▌    
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████    
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
keplernetwork (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 55
Merit: 50

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2019, 03:01:28 AM

Is this project related in some way to Kepler technologies ICO - https://keplertek.io/ ?
Here is announcement thred of the other Kepler: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2839512.0

No, Kepler Network is a new project, not related to any other project.

Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 07:08:40 AM

Social

Shocked Is that all? No project's details, no whitepaper, no roadmap? Just an index page?..

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
keplernetwork (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 55
Merit: 50

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2019, 06:38:43 PM

Social

Shocked Is that all? No project's details, no whitepaper, no roadmap? Just an index page?..

Whitepaper and roadmap are being worked on. We've just launched a few days ago and the project is targeted for long term development.
We've been attacked with FUD from another project but that's expected, when someone comes out with new tech, the ones that don't have it, well, panic.
Confidential assets are coming on Kepler. We will point this out on the roadmap.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: