Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:59:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Hardfork. What we need to do with it?  (Read 266 times)
btc_love (OP)

Activity: 566
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 03:46:06 PM

On February 28, the Ethereum community received the hard fork it had awaited since a security bug delayed its implementation in mid January: Constantinople. But what is Constantinople exactly, and what does St. Petersburg have to do with it?

Below we discuss upgrades, Constantinople’s security issues, EIPs, St. Petersburg’s arrival, the “Difficulty Bomb,” and the reason behind it all; Ethererum’s quest to transition from proof-of-work to proof-of-stake.

What are Constantinople and St. Petersburg?

Constantinople and St. Petersburg are network upgrades – though it has been contested by some that “upgrade” is an unlikable euphemism for a hard fork (see the comments Vitalik Buterin has received about this) – that were successfully implemented on February 28, at 19:57 (UTC), at block number 7,280,000. St. Petersburg was implemented to undo one of Constantinople’s Ethereum Improvement Proposals (EIPs), which contained a security vulnerability.

About the Constantinople fork: EIPs, the bug, and the delay

Constantinople, like the hard forks that came before it (Homestead in 2016 and Byzantium in 2017) was meant to introduce a new, upgraded branch to the blockchain, with an improved protocol. It would usher in five specific implementations, called the Ethereum Improvement Proposals (EIPs).

Why was St. Petersburg necessary?

Test networks are always upgraded before the mainnet, as a precaution. Ropsten is one such test network. The original Constantinople changes were applied to test networks before the delay, and “require a 2nd network upgrade to reverse the original changes,” explains the Ethereum blog. This second upgrade would be St. Petersburg. It occurred at the same time as Constantinople on February 28th, and all it did was simply to remove the buggy EIP 1283. You can check details for this here.

source: https://coin360.com/blog/constantinople-and-st-petersburg-ethereum-forks-a-crash-course
5thFear

Activity: 1260
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2019, 03:55:41 PM

I was hoping for some bull run atleast by ethereum before this Hardfork but i think everything in the cryptoworld is so gloomy right now that even the good news are unable to make some positive impact.
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 04:21:37 PM

I was hoping for some bull run atleast by ethereum before this Hardfork but i think everything in the cryptoworld is so gloomy right now that even the good news are unable to make some positive impact.

That is usually the case when a new coin is created as a result of the hardfork, It is different for Constantinople, no new coin that's why it did not pump as you were expecting.
btc_love (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 11:39:15 AM

I'm interested in what will happen with ETH in a year
clonely

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

SEND AND RECEIVE MONEY INSTANTLY

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 11:50:30 AM

All depends on Bitcoin. Bitcoin price will show us what will happen future. All coins affects from Bitcoin price deeply. So, you may look what trend is going on with BTC.

Westfiled

Activity: 271
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 12:06:52 PM

All depends on Bitcoin. Bitcoin price will show us what will happen future. All coins affects from Bitcoin price deeply. So, you may look what trend is going on with BTC.
Not sure about all will depend on bitcoin but i should remind you about slowly ethereum will try to leave from the domination that created by bitcoin. It's not so deeply as you said. It's only a little bit higher than bitcoin but that's not the same as 2017.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 12:25:45 PM

I think there is a little bit bull run happen past days ago which also affect all crypto price including bitcoin but there are still many ETH miner out there that will prevent ETH to increase it's value like what happened few days ago where the price of ETH reach $160 USD  and then drop to $130 because there are many miners holding their ETH and hoping for the price of ETH increased.

I think they are just making this news just to let the price of ETH increase so that those big farm ETH miners who hold big amount of ETH can sold their ETH in the higher price. 

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
BITSPANISH

Activity: 486
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 12:31:10 PM

I think there is a little bit bull run happen past days ago which also affect all crypto price including bitcoin but there are still many ETH miner out there that will prevent ETH to increase it's value like what happened few days ago where the price of ETH reach $160 USD  and then drop to $130 because there are many miners holding their ETH and hoping for the price of ETH increased.

I think they are just making this news just to let the price of ETH increase so that those big farm ETH miners who hold big amount of ETH can sold their ETH in the higher price. 
I think this hardfork is not really good cause it didn't affect too much on ETH. Take a look back few days ago, ETH price just increased a little bit and dumped right after that so I think this hardfork coin is not really good and it's just a cause of ETH whales to sell their ETH with higher price as usual. Beside, I still don't know anything about ETH hardfork until now.

✦ ───   OATH   ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium  ────── ▌▐ 
dodgecharger

Activity: 1005
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 01:00:06 PM

I think the impact of this Ethereum hard fork is very low, and it has not had a huge impact on the price of the currency. I thought I could get a forked token, but unfortunately nothing.
btc_love (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 01:02:07 PM

I'm not sure it depends on bitcoin. ETH and BTC are two different coins
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2019, 01:17:11 PM

I'm not sure it depends on bitcoin. ETH and BTC are two different coins

As 52% of total value of cryptocoin held by a single coin Bitcoin, it easily defines the trend of every cryptocurrency. The dominance of Bitcoin is one of the reason why the cryptosphere is not getting diversified use and adoption of crypto as all of the cryptos are looked as an alt of bitcoin.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 01:27:09 PM

On February 28, the Ethereum community received the hard fork it had awaited since a security bug delayed its implementation in mid January: Constantinople. But what is Constantinople exactly, and what does St. Petersburg have to do with it?

Below we discuss upgrades, Constantinople’s security issues, EIPs, St. Petersburg’s arrival, the “Difficulty Bomb,” and the reason behind it all; Ethererum’s quest to transition from proof-of-work to proof-of-stake.

Constantinople and St. Petersburg are network upgrades – though it has been contested by some that “upgrade” is an unlikable euphemism for a hard fork (see the comments Vitalik Buterin has received about this) – that were successfully implemented on February 28, at 19:57 (UTC), at block number 7,280,000. St. Petersburg was implemented to undo one of Constantinople’s Ethereum Improvement Proposals (EIPs), which contained a security vulnerability.

Constantinople, like the hard forks that came before it (Homestead in 2016 and Byzantium in 2017) was meant to introduce a new, upgraded branch to the blockchain, with an improved protocol. It would usher in five specific implementations, called the Ethereum Improvement Proposals (EIPs).

Test networks are always upgraded before the mainnet, as a precaution. Ropsten is one such test network. The original Constantinople changes were applied to test networks before the delay, and “require a 2nd network upgrade to reverse the original changes,” explains the Ethereum blog. This second upgrade would be St. Petersburg. It occurred at the same time as Constantinople on February 28th, and all it did was simply to remove the buggy EIP 1283. You can check details for this here.

source: https://coin360.com/blog/constantinople-and-st-petersburg-ethereum-forks-a-crash-course
I think the hardfork is only intended for the upgrade of the Ethereum Blockchain and nothing to worry about. Im a ethereum fan so im very positive that the result of these hardfork was only to elevate more the position of Ethereum as one of the top cryptocurrency in the cryptomarket today.
HERIS BALGIS

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

https://www.empirehotels.io/

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 01:52:14 PM

honestly we don't need to do anything, we just need to believe in developing a project like ETHEREUM.
but sometimes I think ETH only needs a C.E.O compared to hardfork.

EMPIREHOTELS  (EMPC) (https://www.empirehotels.io/) The Future of Hospitality
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 02:01:41 PM

honestly we don't need to do anything, we just need to believe in developing a project like ETHEREUM.
We need a lot of investors because I think it will become higher the value of the ethereum . Maybe hardfork have good effect because it will become high the value but not all the hardfork is good because they can cause for us to dump to the value.
I hope the C.E.O of the ethereum will do more upgrade to the ethereum so that's why we can earn more profit because of upgrading will rise the price.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 02:20:09 PM

it already has a CEO, people may not call him that but it is the part and parcel of a centralized altcoin! it has always been like this from the early days, they decide and changes go through without regarding the network and things such as consensus have no meaning in centralized altcoins.

in fact that centralization is the only reason why there is no hope for the future of ethereum and the coins like it. as we move forward more people realize that the key to success in this system is to be decentralized that is why bitcoin is the only one that is succeeding.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
btc_love (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 12:45:03 PM

I think the impact of this Ethereum hard fork is very low, and it has not had a huge impact on the price of the currency. I thought I could get a forked token, but unfortunately nothing.

well as they explain it was needed. but I don't know
indoagung88

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

Files.fm - Store, Share and Sell Files

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 02:37:16 PM

Maybe after Ethereum Hardfork, there will be price changes that attract the attention of ethereum fans. Because of the increase in tissue, of course, it will make ethereum tissue faster in transactions. So I was very happy to hear this news. Thank you!

✦ files.fm library ✦
P2P File Catalog & Marketplace with AI and Blockchain Payments
kingzpro

Activity: 756

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 08:49:41 PM

Looks like they have added everything in this upgrade that was said by the community so ot is very positive that they listen and act according to the community advice as they have also done stpeterburgs upgrade too which was intended to cover the security threat that was pointed out by some people as a result of constantinople upgrade so seems like eth developers have got everything covered im sure this upgrade will prove to be huge for eth in future.

creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 08:52:00 PM

Its already stated before that its just a development and there will be no forked token, and this is also why there is no hype with ETH. There’s an impact of course, if you can see ETH are more faster now than before and this development will soon give a big impact in the market, and I know ETH will pump because of this.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 08:53:18 PM

I don't expect this hardfork will have any effect over ETH's price. No new coin, just an upgrade to the old blockchain. I guess this will only have positive changes in the speed of ETH transactions.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: