Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:19:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]DeleteCoin ***GET IN WHILE YOU STILL CAN ****  (Read 36224 times)
vitarian

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:43:39 AM

yes, delete dogecoin, I second that
xtrm

Activity: 153

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:46:02 AM

how will you delete other alts with your 50% premine?
1% or 1 Million DeleteCoins is worth 100% of the Max_Money of the alt in question. We will then create an address to confirm that the alt was transferred and in return send the equal amount of DELs in return. So if the alt coin had a 100 Million Max Coin, the alt would be worth .01 DELs, if the alt had a cap of 750 Million, it would be worth .001333333 DELs

Interesting. I will follow your thread.
strasboug

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:47:38 AM

under the name of delete and grab more money with huge premines? lmao Grin
jam52633

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 04:49:12 AM

I like the idea.

In a round about way, doesn't this promote the mining of garbage coins especially in the beginning stages?  So we can trade them for /d coins?
Mylo

Activity: 196

%insert your text% soon!

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:52:49 AM

DELETE ALL 150+ ALTCOINS!
loljosh

Activity: 751
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:54:46 AM

Good idea Cheesy I am in.

Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers write code that humans can understand.
wasamata

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:55:36 AM

To delete a coin wouldn't every single bagholder have to sell their stake for deletecoin?  Huh
jam52633

Activity: 50

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 04:59:17 AM

To delete a coin wouldn't every single bagholder have to sell their stake for deletecoin?  Huh

Yep, and then if you just hold on to your old crappy coins, wouldn't they go up in value as there is less and less of them?
The One
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:07:31 AM

Interesting concept but may not be the right way of doing it.

When a company is in trouble and the shares value are almost nothing, a merger and share swap (reduction) in order to save the company by another healthy company who wants certain parts of the business. Hence the troubled company would exchange 100 shares for 1 new healthy company share.

You could do the same here but that altcoin that becomes part of Deletecoin would need to end. How can this be done?

Finally the name Deletecoin is crap.....sorry.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

wasamata

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:15:10 AM

It is surely gonna "delete some coins" but it wont actually "kill the coin" unless of course every bagholder sells out.

Can we tweak this coin to be more of a "killcoin" than a "wipe a few coins off your scrip coin"?
fusecavator

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:24:42 AM

Doesn't this just encourage people to buy whatever garbage has the best price per % of the coin supply, most likely ones that are barely still active anyway? It also rewards coins having very fast reward drops.
tom14cat14

Activity: 826

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:33:31 AM

Should we delete every countries currency? Everyone that hates all of the alt coins and wants them deleted is basically saying we should delete all currencies other then maybe the dollar(bicoin) and the eruo(litecoin). Who really cares if there are many coins out there. they will eventually be weeded out if no one wants them.
rednalexa

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:02:39 AM

Should we delete every countries currency? Everyone that hates all of the alt coins and wants them deleted is basically saying we should delete all currencies other then maybe the dollar(bicoin) and the eruo(litecoin). Who really cares if there are many coins out there. they will eventually be weeded out if no one wants them.

Because money get spread out, the mining profitability is going down really fast now

knightrader

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:06:42 PM

What is wrong with weekends?
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:09:35 PM

If this is legit, then I'm interested in this idea.

Crapcoins should quake in their boots.

But..

Won't this just cause altcoin deflation? If you delete 10% of the supply of some crapcoin, then surely you'll just be making it more valuable, won't you? May be a flaw in this concept.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
AltDeleter (OP)

Activity: 60

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:53:11 PM

If this is legit, then I'm interested in this idea.

Crapcoins should quake in their boots.

But..

Won't this just cause altcoin deflation? If you delete 10% of the supply of some crapcoin, then surely you'll just be making it more valuable, won't you? May be a flaw in this concept.

This seems to be a reoccurring question and is a valid point/concern. In no way do we plan on being able to get 100% of any coin. At most we may be able to grab 10% as most people have probably deleted their wallets or, they could simply return to mining their crap alt with the mindset of no competition = 100% of every coin generated. That being said, this coin was designed more with the mindset of giving back to the community and helping those left holding the bag of crappy alts that, if with no action taken, would potentially be worthless forever. If this does some how revive some coins, all the better as the community is getting something back for the work they put in to start. However, if we could remove a few more .dat files one miner at a time for each junk alt, I feel it is progression. The coin cap vs our equal value is so minimal, we feel this would only be beneficial to those currently holding and it would not be worth reviving a coin for.

I like the idea.

In a round about way, doesn't this promote the mining of garbage coins especially in the beginning stages?  So we can trade them for /d coins?

We don't feel it does unless it is a coin aimed directly at trying to exploit DeleteCoin, in which we will address it and provide 0 exchange for the coin. For example if it is a coin created before yesterday, and have a huge front end of coin rewards, we would still accept it. However, if someone makes a 100% premine coin tomorrow, we simply can't take coins like that. We will also rely on the community in cases where there is a grey area and in the end, any contributes to DeleteCoin will be ultimately deciding the faith of what new alts are accepted and which ones are not.
Danz0r77

Activity: 574
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:59:21 PM

The world is changed.

I feel it in the water.

I feel it in the earth.

I smell it in the air.

Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

It began with the forging of the Great Alt Coins. Three were given to the Elves, immortal, wisest and fairest of all beings. Seven to the Dwarf-Lords, great miners and craftsmen of the mountain halls. And nine million, nine million alt coins were gifted to the race of Men, who above all else desire power. For within these alt coins was bound the strength and the will to govern each race. But they were all of them deceived, for another alt coin was made. Deep in the land of Mordor, in the Fires of Mount Doom, the Dark Lord Sauron forged a master alt coin, and into this alt coin he poured his cruelty, his malice and his will to dominate all life.

One alt coin to rule them all.
AltDeleter (OP)

Activity: 60

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:16:55 PM

Also I have been contacted about rewards/bounties for specific work. We will address these on a case by case but 0% of the premine will be used for this. If we feel something is needed that we can not create in house than we will contract it out via bitcoin from our personal wallets. However if it is community driven and for the betterment of the coin, we will try to use donations and crowdfunding as the primary means. That means that all faucets, block explorers, etc, will be generated from or by the community. This coin is not your typical alt coin with a premine as the premine is already allocated for its intended purpose.
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:19:27 PM

Yeah..., I don't think so.
Kheg

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:01:05 PM

So you're taking a coin with no intrinsic value and exchanging it for other coins with no intrinsic value with the purpose of destroying intrinsic value where none exists?

Basically what you're trying to do is get people to "donate" coins that can be exchanged to BTC to you for your junkcoin.  An interesting spin on an IPO/Premine scam.  No exchange needed!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: