Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:44:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]DeleteCoin ***GET IN WHILE YOU STILL CAN ****  (Read 36224 times)
Mikellev

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:48:51 PM

I have a problem with the wallet.
Besides the fact it is ugly and unreadable, it can not connect to the network;
I created the sample.conf file and copied the content in the first post but nothing happens.... What did I do wrong?

reading the previous posts, it seems the node (the IP and poolerino.com) are offline. so i do not think its an issue with you, more so the OP not keeping the supernodes alive

We are NOT offline and having 40+ connections stable.

Addnode=del.poolerino.com is working perfect, I just updated my wallet 5 mins ago.
Mikellev

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:49:25 PM

I created the sample.conf file and copied the content in the first post but nothing happens.... What did I do wrong?

Did you rename the config file deletecoin.conf and put it in your roming dir ?
Xav243

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:58:17 PM

Did you rename the config file deletecoin.conf and put it in your roming dir ?

No I kept it where my wallet is. Just moved it to the roaming directory and it works; Thank you!

So to all of you who have the same pb, I guess that is the solution.

Now the only pb remaining is this ugly red colour Smiley
AltDeleter (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:28:12 PM

Sorry...I am no artist by any means and was trying to do something different....it is ugly.....I apologize. Ill get an updated one out with the port fix soon.
Xav243

Activity: 50

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:03:35 PM

Sorry...I am no artist by any means and was trying to do something different....it is ugly.....I apologize. Ill get an updated one out with the port fix soon.

I appreciate you listen to the community. I think this helps trust grows, and I believe trust plays an important role in the success of a coin.
AltDeleter (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:01:39 AM

Bounties have been posted. These are coming out of my personal mining, not the premine. I again want to point out that the premine will not be used for anything else other than defined unless absolutely necessary, and if it is it will be posed to the community first.
CatalystCoin

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:35:14 AM

Flappycoin. I would like to delete Flappycoin.
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:34:41 AM

Can you post some addnode IPs? Debug is reporting 287 addresses in my peers.dat, but I'm only connected to 3. This is after 24+ hours of running the client.

FWIW, del.poolerino.com is up, but 96.27.101.117 (the other peer listed in the OP) is not.
Mikellev

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:30:39 AM

Can you post some addnode IPs? Debug is reporting 287 addresses in my peers.dat, but I'm only connected to 3. This is after 24+ hours of running the client.

FWIW, del.poolerino.com is up, but 96.27.101.117 (the other peer listed in the OP) is not.

You can use every running pool as an node.

addnode=del.poolerino.com
addnode=delete.okaypool.com
addnode=del.sumpool.com

The port you have to open in your FW is 45651, then others connect to you and vis versa.

Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:44:46 AM

Things seem a little quiet.

What's the plan, then?

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
AltDeleter (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:28:55 AM

To be 100% transparent we are not receiving the amount of exchanges we were expecting to see. Apparently people are more willing to see on their failed alts in the hopes they may be revived as opposed to trading them in. I just don't think we have the visibility we need right now which I take responsibility for. I am going to get out and really spread the word and get to converting. We are ready but at this time have 0 pending orders for exchange. We are not going anywhere even if is a small amount per week we are exchanging we are still making progress.
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:56:26 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 12:20:41 PM by Nullu

To be 100% transparent we are not receiving the amount of exchanges we were expecting to see. Apparently people are more willing to see on their failed alts in the hopes they may be revived as opposed to trading them in. I just don't think we have the visibility we need right now which I take responsibility for. I am going to get out and really spread the word and get to converting. We are ready but at this time have 0 pending orders for exchange. We are not going anywhere even if is a small amount per week we are exchanging we are still making progress.

Your probablem may be one of legitimacy. 50% Premined coins are in right now, but perhaps exchanges aren't getting it, and perhaps don't feel as confident in this 50% Premine than others.

Have you contacted Coinswap?

It might perhaps also help if a trusted member of the community held some of the premine to instil confidence. I'm happy to offer my services. I have a portable hard disk so they could be held in cold storage.

I think a better plan, or a more fleshed-out plan would be;

Provided you can verify and prove to the community this is being done, you could dump the altcoins you recieve and buy back up DeleteCoins from the exchange, pushing up their price, and making them more valuable to mine and to hold.

You should need to show that;

1: The value the coins were exchanged for in BTC
2: The amount of DeleteCoins purchased with said BTC

These DeleteCoins could either be added back to the pot, or sequestered for some other purpose. Or destroyed into a verifiable address that can't possibly be spent. Someone more technical than me can explain this process, but I believe it is relatively straight forward to make coins unspendable by sending them to a particular address. This would reduce total supply, and therefore increase the value of DeleteCoin as well.

Absolute transparency is paramount, and provided the community feels safe knowing the premine won't get dumped, it will also encourage exchanges too.

A major step forward would be setting up a block explorer, so we can see where any of the Premine is at any time. This would be a good place to start.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
AltDeleter (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:24:23 PM

Your probablem may be one of legitimacy. 50% Premined coins are in right now, but perhaps exchanges aren't getting it, and perhaps don't feel as confident in this 50% Premine than others.

Have you contacted Coinswap?

It might perhaps also help if a trusted member of the community held some of the premine to instil confidence. I'm happy to offer my services. I have a portable hard disk so they could be held in cold storage.

I think a better plan, or a more fleshed-out plan would be;

Provided you can verify and prove to the community this is being done, you could dump the altcoins you recieve and buy back up DeleteCoins from the exchange, pushing up their price, and making them more valuable to mine and to hold.

You should need to show that;

1: The value the coins were exchanged for in BTC
2: The amount of DeleteCoins purchased with said BTC

These DeleteCoins could either be added back to the pot, or sequestered for some other purpose. Or destroyed into a verifiable address that can't possibly be spent. Someone more technical than me can explain this process, but I believe it is relatively straight forward to make coins unspendable by sending them to a particular address. This would reduce total supply, and therefore increase the value of DeleteCoin as well.

Absolute transparency is paramount, and provided the community feels safe knowing the premine won't get dumped, it will also encourage exchanges too.

You have some great points Nullu, and I would be happy to send of the premine, even all of it mining what we need for daily exchanges, to a few trusted members to hold. Like I said I am not trying to pump, I just have been burned in the past by greedy devs and I feel the community has as well, and I am just trying to give back and make alts a more solid and permanent place than what it is today with all these random alts. Here is my suggestion posed to you and the community. I'd like to send 120 Million of the premine to 4 respected members of the community. We can have a consensus on who they go to and make the addresses public for all to see to ensure the premine is not being dumped or used for things outside their designated purposes. Let me know your thoughts. Thank you again!
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:44:28 PM

You can use every running pool as an node.

addnode=del.poolerino.com
addnode=delete.okaypool.com
addnode=del.sumpool.com

The port you have to open in your FW is 45651, then others connect to you and vis versa.

I added those 3 peers to my config, 2 hours later I'm connected to those 3 peers, and only one additional peer...

Debug log shows it's attempting connections to a bunch of IPs, but they all time out. Ghosts of clients that have been closed?
Aflredrail

Activity: 58

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:03:06 PM

Maybe getting a subbreddit? I could make one. Also getting on coinswap would be good since it would be easy to swap coins for worthless acts that are their.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Bwincoin - 100% Free POS (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624842.0). BHgFMSPDdQXic1qRbk3zqDGnf5kLGuYzSm
samspaces
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1030

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:24:15 PM

Innovative excuse to do another outrageous premine.
knightrader

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:43:59 PM

Any exchanges? I really need some btc.
Mikellev

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:52:31 PM

Sorry but, how the hell did you get some DEL ?
knightrader

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:58:27 PM

Sorry but, how the hell did you get some DEL ?

I was here from day 1 and i only have like... 8 coins. I mined for like 24 hours with my shitty pc but it still doesnt look right.

How many coins do you people have?
sabyd

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:59:58 PM

Already Sold yesterday 880 DEL @ 0,00004890. (0,043btc total)

I think it was a good price.. Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: