Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:41:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]DeleteCoin ***GET IN WHILE YOU STILL CAN ****  (Read 36224 times)
Tercel

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:00:30 PM

Nxt-e Listed DEL, please add above.

Fly high~
King of the sky~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SecondHandTiger

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:01:15 PM

unless you completely delete the supply you are only making other coins more valuable
AltDeleter (OP)

Activity: 60

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:44:48 PM

So Nullu, are you willing to take 120Mil? Maybe yourself, Mike from Poolerino as I know him as a reputable pool owner and know he isnt going anywhere, maybe Niothor since he thinks I am going to bail, any other reputable volunteers to sit and hold 120 Mil delete? I honestly want to prove I am not out to scam anyone and I am more than fine letting whomever hold the coins.
virtualdn
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1093

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:51:13 PM

hello, we have listed your coin on http://coinok.pw/vote

1 BTC = 1 BTC
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:12:56 PM

So Nullu, are you willing to take 120Mil? Maybe yourself, Mike from Poolerino as I know him as a reputable pool owner and know he isnt going anywhere, maybe Niothor since he thinks I am going to bail, any other reputable volunteers to sit and hold 120 Mil delete? I honestly want to prove I am not out to scam anyone and I am more than fine letting whomever hold the coins.

Of course. I'd be happy to keep it safe and secure. I will make the address public, and once there is a block explorer it can be verified that the coins will not move until you request them to. If for any reason I am no longer able to hold on to them, I will return them all to you.

I'll set up a wallet on my portable drive, and the coins can remain there until required. Drop me a PM and we can sort it out. If not tonight, tomorrow night.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
AltDeleter (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:26:54 PM

block explorer ?

Bounty out for it. Nullu, trying to get confirmation back on others willing to hold. Can you suggest anyone else.
CrunchHarder

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 10:55:35 PM

Come and mine with the CrunchHarder DeleteCoin Pool for security, redundancy and stability.

https://del.crunchharder.net

https://crunchharder.net/images/logo-sm.jpg

Peace of mind DeleteCoin mining with Crunch Harder:

*UK-Based Pool
*High End Dedicated Servers
*Fully Redundant, Fault-Tolerant Architecture
*Automatic Backup of Wallets and Databases
*Technical Support from Experienced Coin Devs and Pool Owners
*Dedicated Support Ticketing System
*Support for Novice and Experienced Miners
*4096 Bit SSL Security with SHA256

wktian

Activity: 44
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:07:29 PM

Can somebody give me a good reason to mine DEL? It doesn't make a ton of sense to me in terms of why people would put there money into a coin that is only going to kill other alts, unless you plan on using it as an actual currency?

anybody? im really interested in this concept but don't really understand how it will all work

HOW
Nullu

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:11:37 PM

block explorer ?

Bounty out for it. Nullu, trying to get confirmation back on others willing to hold. Can you suggest anyone else.

Someone I speak to regularly, itsallpc, is very trustworthy.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=193920

Has helped me out on many occasions.

escrowguy

Activity: 99

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:49:39 PM

delete karma  Cry

Smiley
Mikellev

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:21:53 AM

Im also willing to hold some of the premine in a public wallet #   bankerino Cheesy
ALIVEcoin

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:57:21 AM

perhaps you could also set something public up showing some exchange values for various coins.
Mikellev

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:15:46 AM

block explorer ?

http://explorerino.com/chain/DeleteCoin

your welcome
AltDeleter (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:52:54 AM

OK, so right now I have 2 solid members willing to sit on the premine to ensure it's safety and to ensure the fact we are not dumping. If the community agrees, I'd like to just essentially halve the premine and send it to them, 249 Mil each, which would leave us 2 Million for exchanges for the time being which will be plenty for the time being (only exchanging 250-1000 at a time).
Nullu

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:11:47 AM

OK, so right now I have 2 solid members willing to sit on the premine to ensure it's safety and to ensure the fact we are not dumping. If the community agrees, I'd like to just essentially halve the premine and send it to them, 249 Mil each, which would leave us 2 Million for exchanges for the time being which will be plenty for the time being (only exchanging 250-1000 at a time).

This sounds good. Now that we have a block explorer, we're good to go.

Just be sure to keep a public record of any exchanges from the holders back to yourself. But if the address you receive the coins back on is also public then it'll all be fully transparent anyway, so there'd be no need provided all 3 addresses are on the OP; The two holders, and your receiving address.

block explorer ?

http://explorerino.com/chain/DeleteCoin

your welcome

Thank you.  Grin

AltDeleter (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:04:24 PM

Anyone able to test the new non-red windows client with the port fix in it? Runs and syncs fine on my side. Thanks!
sixteendigits

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:36:22 PM

hmmmm....interesting.  I understand the point of the premined coins, but why would anyone buy my DEL from me?  and why should i mine it?  are we just assuming value of DEL will go up because community will rally behind the idea?  It is obviously a coin that would be of interest to no one but miners (well honestly I guess most coins are only of interest to miners).

What happens when the entire premine is gone?  What usefulness does it have when it can't delete anymore coins?  Guess I havent crunched the numbers, but it can't last forever.

Is there a set rate at which the premined coins are to be distributed, or at least a cap? Like setting the max amount of DEL to be distributed at 1,000,000 a week.  Could be less but not more.  Then we know how many coins to expect to be flowing into circulation in a given time frame, and ensures the project goes on for at least a few years.

Honestly, I think this coin would have been better off 100% premined.  Only way to get it is by deleting your shitcoins.  That way we know every DEL has served it's purpose, and community can show support for project by buying the DEL with BTC.  If i place a buy order for DEL, how do I know that DEL actually deleted anything, or if its just a miner shitting on me?

The fact that you can mine it seems to defeat the purpose, and makes it likely it will just turn it into another pump and dump shitcoin that needs to be deleted.

Thats my biggest question really.  Why not 100% premine? If any coin begs for a 100% premine, IMO, this is it.

I do like the project, just dont quite get it.
Nullu

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:40:58 PM

hmmmm....interesting.  I understand the point of the premined coins, but why would anyone buy my DEL from me?  and why should i mine it?  are we just assuming value of DEL will go up because community will rally behind the idea?  It is obviously a coin that would be of interest to no one but miners (well honestly I guess most coins are only of interest to miners).

What happens when the entire premine is gone?  What usefulness does it have when it can't delete anymore coins?  Guess I havent crunched the numbers, but it can't last forever.

Is there a set rate at which the premined coins are to be distributed, or at least a cap? Like setting the max amount of DEL to be distributed at 1,000,000 a week.  Could be less but not more.  Then we know how many coins to expect to be flowing into circulation in a given time frame, and ensures the project goes on for at least a few years.

Honestly, I think this coin would have been better off 100% premined.  Only way to get it is by deleting your shitcoins.  That way we know every DEL has served it's purpose, and community can show support for project by buying the DEL with BTC.  If i place a buy order for DEL, how do I know that DEL actually deleted anything, or if its just a miner shitting on me?

The fact that you can mine it seems to defeat the purpose, and makes it likely it will just turn it into another pump and dump shitcoin that needs to be deleted.

Thats my biggest question really.  Why not 100% premine? If any coin begs for a 100% premine, IMO, this is it.

I suggested the idea of when receiving coins for Del, then taking those crapcoins, dumping them on the exchange, and re-buying up Del. Which would cause upward price pressure, while at the same time devaluing the crapcoin. Win win.

Provided this process is transparent, then it could make DeleteCoin a huge deal.

CrunchHarder

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 07:03:30 PM

Come and mine with the CrunchHarder DeleteCoin Pool for security, redundancy and stability.

https://crunchharder.net/images/logo-sm.jpg

Peace of mind DeleteCoin mining with Crunch Harder:

*UK-Based Pool
*High End Dedicated Servers
*Fully Redundant, Fault-Tolerant Architecture
*Automatic Backup of Wallets and Databases
*Technical Support from Experienced Coin Devs and Pool Owners
*Dedicated Support Ticketing System
*Support for Novice and Experienced Miners
*4096 Bit SSL Security with SHA256

AltDeleter (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:18:00 PM

hmmmm....interesting.  I understand the point of the premined coins, but why would anyone buy my DEL from me?  and why should i mine it?  are we just assuming value of DEL will go up because community will rally behind the idea?  It is obviously a coin that would be of interest to no one but miners (well honestly I guess most coins are only of interest to miners).

What happens when the entire premine is gone?  What usefulness does it have when it can't delete anymore coins?  Guess I havent crunched the numbers, but it can't last forever.

Is there a set rate at which the premined coins are to be distributed, or at least a cap? Like setting the max amount of DEL to be distributed at 1,000,000 a week.  Could be less but not more.  Then we know how many coins to expect to be flowing into circulation in a given time frame, and ensures the project goes on for at least a few years.

Honestly, I think this coin would have been better off 100% premined.  Only way to get it is by deleting your shitcoins.  That way we know every DEL has served it's purpose, and community can show support for project by buying the DEL with BTC.  If i place a buy order for DEL, how do I know that DEL actually deleted anything, or if its just a miner shitting on me?

Thats my biggest question really.  Why not 100% premine? If any coin begs for a 100% premine, IMO, this is it.

I suggested the idea of when receiving coins for Del, then taking those crapcoins, dumping them on the exchange, and re-buying up Del. Which would cause upward price pressure, while at the same time devaluing the crapcoin. Win win.

Provided this process is transparent, then it could make DeleteCoin a huge deal.

This was an idea that we had come up with one night as a solution, in reality I should have posed it to the community first to determine the best approach. The protocol is not set in place and I am 100% open as to how we progress from here. Anyone else have any input into how to proceed?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: