Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:48:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]DeleteCoin ***GET IN WHILE YOU STILL CAN ****  (Read 36224 times)
whale123

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 01:32:43 PM

Let's just say I have too many.
I am willing to support this coin but I need the devs to cooperate and actually do something about this coin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AltDeleter (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 02:18:40 PM

We are working on the hard fork as described as we speak. Ill get an update once we have it all together.
AltDeleter (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:26:13 PM

OP updated with fork information. I know it is a drastic change but we feel it will be the most effective way to proceed. That being said, anyone mining thus far will be ahead of the game as coins currently being mined to block 6,000 will reward 10x what future blocks will. Please let me know if anyone has any questions.

New Source - https://mega.co.nz/#!5oUnUQRY!ZpdjFmV7XQS_O5QK1HxF7dMgtriJrc5bRo7iq43o58o
New Wallet - https://mega.co.nz/#!NwFnXILS!shtP7TSUFjpYlSfN0g9RKCYrV_ioi_6v34Z6dcN1-zI
loljosh

Activity: 751
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:48:56 PM

OP updated with fork information. I know it is a drastic change but we feel it will be the most effective way to proceed. That being said, anyone mining thus far will be ahead of the game as coins currently being mined to block 6,000 will reward 10x what future blocks will. Please let me know if anyone has any questions.

New Source - https://mega.co.nz/#!5oUnUQRY!ZpdjFmV7XQS_O5QK1HxF7dMgtriJrc5bRo7iq43o58o
New Wallet - https://mega.co.nz/#!NwFnXILS!shtP7TSUFjpYlSfN0g9RKCYrV_ioi_6v34Z6dcN1-zI

Done!

Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers write code that humans can understand.
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:11:40 PM

Can you please put the source back on github? Smiley
AltDeleter (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:14:18 PM

I will the second I get home. I am stuck at work at the moment and don't have access, will be up within a few hours
Xav243

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:05:42 PM

what is a fork and what benefits will it does to the coin/the community?
AltDeleter (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:10:05 PM

Github updated.

I outline it in the OP. Essentially we are reducing the total coins and block reward, hopefully increasing the coin value to allow for a more effective manner of purchasing alts. Secondly, we are changing the process for the coin entirely. Only alts on an exchange can be traded for Delete, at that point we will sell back the coins on exchange to drive down the price and hopefully render the coin worthless, use that BTC generated to buy back DeleteCoins, and than remove those coins from circulation forever, thus reducing again the overall Deletes to be in circulation. Essentially it will become a self deleting coin.
Mikellev

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:46:30 PM

0% fee - nothing less!

Updated with new fork (24.03.2014)

http://del.poolerino.com/

for our complete list of supported coins, visit poolerino.com
Crunch-Harder

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 10:16:04 PM

Thanks for the notification regarding the hard fork OP, the CrunchHarder DeleteCoin pool is now up to date with the new fork!

Come and mine with the CrunchHarder DeleteCoin Pool for security, redundancy and stability.

https://del.crunchharder.net

https://crunchharder.net/images/logo-sm.jpg

https://del.crunchharder.net
nobigdeal

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 11:13:47 AM

has this coin been left to itself?
ownerbest

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:36:15 AM

This coin has a good idea, should value much more than now

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QM8Q7itiFjs9b2QaXgDuedT8cfX5qaYeqC
wktian

Activity: 44
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:46:36 AM

But only a idea
This coin has a good idea, should value much more than now
ownerbest

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:51:44 AM

I think the DEL coin should dev a change system, support some coins to exchange fro Del at a fix rate

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QM8Q7itiFjs9b2QaXgDuedT8cfX5qaYeqC
sixteendigits

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:25:55 PM

hmmmm....interesting.  I understand the point of the premined coins, but why would anyone buy my DEL from me?  and why should i mine it?  are we just assuming value of DEL will go up because community will rally behind the idea?  It is obviously a coin that would be of interest to no one but miners (well honestly I guess most coins are only of interest to miners).

What happens when the entire premine is gone?  What usefulness does it have when it can't delete anymore coins?  Guess I havent crunched the numbers, but it can't last forever.

Is there a set rate at which the premined coins are to be distributed, or at least a cap? Like setting the max amount of DEL to be distributed at 1,000,000 a week.  Could be less but not more.  Then we know how many coins to expect to be flowing into circulation in a given time frame, and ensures the project goes on for at least a few years.

Honestly, I think this coin would have been better off 100% premined.  Only way to get it is by deleting your shitcoins.  That way we know every DEL has served it's purpose, and community can show support for project by buying the DEL with BTC.  If i place a buy order for DEL, how do I know that DEL actually deleted anything, or if its just a miner shitting on me?

The fact that you can mine it seems to defeat the purpose, and makes it likely it will just turn it into another pump and dump shitcoin that needs to be deleted.

Thats my biggest question really.  Why not 100% premine? If any coin begs for a 100% premine, IMO, this is it.

I do like the project, just dont quite get it.

I suggested the idea of when receiving coins for Del, then taking those crapcoins, dumping them on the exchange, and re-buying up Del. Which would cause upward price pressure, while at the same time devaluing the crapcoin. Win win.

Provided this process is transparent, then it could make DeleteCoin a huge deal.

That's a much better approach I think.  See the irony here is unless you are able to delete 100% of a given coin, it will just be used as a reason to pump that coin.  "Hey guys,  shitcoin #255 just got 20% of it's coins deleted.  Now all the coins we hold are worth that much more!"

I don't think the coins that are being traded for DEL should just be instadumped either.  Thats what the pumpers want, cheap coins.  This coin needs to a team to monitor the different exchanges, and if one of these shitcoins even thinks about pumping, someone is right there to nip it in the bud and dump all over it.  Make sure that's always looming overhead.  "Pump that trash we shit all over you!!"

And then yes, when these coins are finally dumped, the BTC gained is used to buy up as much DEL at market rate to push the price higher and keep the project going indefinitely.

Now this I can get behind, even the only 50% premine makes sense in this regard.  Miners will mine it knowing that it will be bought up by the DEL team, and the ample supply held by the devs assures plenty of shitcoins can be collected.  It is not so much deleting the coins, as constantly assuring they will be kept in the dirt where they belong.

This is how it should be done!  I think the dev team should get together a dozen or so volunteers to monitor the price movements of the shitcoins they hold, and alert them if it looks like a pump is in the works on one of the coins they are holding.  I would love to take part in this.

I just quit my job and trade crypto full time so got nothing but time on my hands, if you revamp the coin in this manner in can be a huge success and I will pitch in anyway I can!  I should start by trading the 20% of total SPICE I own for some DEL.
136BTC

Activity: 125

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:30:17 PM

To delete a coin wouldn't every single bagholder have to sell their stake for deletecoin?  

NXT:7107941072651674325
NTXCoin - 20%Free+75%IPO Next Exchange System address:68867263540612482
Painful Truth

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:32:46 PM

Github updated.

I outline it in the OP. Essentially we are reducing the total coins and block reward, hopefully increasing the coin value to allow for a more effective manner of purchasing alts. Secondly, we are changing the process for the coin entirely. Only alts on an exchange can be traded for Delete, at that point we will sell back the coins on exchange to drive down the price and hopefully render the coin worthless, use that BTC generated to buy back DeleteCoins, and than remove those coins from circulation forever, thus reducing again the overall Deletes to be in circulation. Essentially it will become a self deleting coin.

Interesting to see how this works out. Might work if enough people go that route.
sixteendigits

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:34:38 PM

AltDeleter, if I am one of the people you are happy to hold half of the premine, I can have my cold storage set up tonight and put up the address.

There seem to be a few different suggestions as to how exactly DeleteCoin should operate. It would be a good idea to get that nailed before we start trading in altcoins for DeleteCoins.

Agreed. I think both suggestions are great idea's, it's just which was is the best route to go for the coin. The exchange I am getting for most coins is about 200 delete coins on average, which is less that one block.

So at this point, do we try to implement Nullu's idea where we try to dump the coins back onto exchanges, and buy back deletes and remove them and essentially boost our price? The only issue I see with that is finding an exchange that will take the coins or finding a buy order.

Second option would be to hard fork the coin and change max coins to make the premine worth more. At that time we could change the block reward to drive down the total supply. This will have a big impact on the front end as there is already people out there with a large supply. However with this it will reduce the max amount of coins increasing the price substantially and allowing us to acquire more alts. If we forked, I'd suggest we make max coin 600 Million (500 of which would be the premine) and change the block time for minting coins to 10 minutes instead of 1. That would make the minted coin just over 13 million per year.

If there are another suggestions I am 100% open to suggestions. I want this coin to be beneficial to the community most of all, and I want us to help alleviate this epidemic of horrible alt coins. In my eyes, an alt coins needs to offer something to the world.....not just have a picture of a squirrel on it.

I would expect that as you buy up Deletecoins and destroy them, you will push up the price. and therefore the odds of other exchanges taking an interest. It's going to take time for that to happen. I would say no fork is required. Just do as proposed.

The only real technicality is the exchange of Dels for the altcoin in question. There should be a community selection process (community suggest coins, and you open up a poll thread for which coin to target, community vote decides) Then the hand over of altcoins for del can take place. This is going to be tricky without Del being listed on more exchanges, and this will only work with coins on exchanges with buy orders, but you can escrow the trading, or perhaps you can get the coin listed on a website such as coinswap, and just make trades that way to start with until the gain is on more exchanges and has more exposure.

Ideally Del needs an exchange on board with the idea, so they not only list DeleteCoin, but whatever coin it is you wish to delete.

I don't think the DEL being bought up should be destroyed, they should be recycled back into the the premine stash to continue this process until all shitcoins are ground into the dirt.  DEL needs to be a constant threat.  You see the hordes of shitcoins released day after day, we need a steady supply of DEL to keep this going indefinitely.  And it gives the DEL the dev team buys a purpose beyond just sending DEL to the moon.

Agree there needs to be a community selection process though, the community shouldn't willy nilly target any alts.  I am not a huge DGC or LTC fan, but I think we can all agree they don't belong in the same category as PANDA and FLAP.
sixteendigits

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:38:36 PM

Github updated.

Interesting to see how this works out. Might work if enough people go that route.

Huh, well i suppose it is fitting if in the end, DEL deletes itself.  Still, would have rather seen the coins recycled to continue the project as long as possible.  Anyway, I love it.  I'm mining and collecting all the shitcoins I have lying around to start trading for DEL.
CMDlu

Activity: 132

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:43:28 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2014, 09:27:28 PM by CMDlu

Github updated.

Huh, well i suppose it is fitting if in the end, DEL deletes itself.  Still, would have rather seen the coins recycled to continue the project as long as possible.  Anyway, I love it.  I'm mining and collecting all the shitcoins I have lying around to start trading for DEL.

This could have a role, but how do you decide what is to be deleted
Essentially it will become a self deleting coin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: