Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:17:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]DeleteCoin ***GET IN WHILE YOU STILL CAN ****  (Read 36224 times)
wktian

Activity: 44
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 06:14:28 AM

when will this coin be added into a Chinese exchange?
目前国内的形式就那样了,,还不如在国外网站交易,
https://www.swisscex.com/market/DEL_BTC
lingyong1992

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 06:42:19 AM

ok, delete all the coin.
such as cent...
lingyong1992

Activity: 58

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 06:49:22 AM

ok, delete all the coin.
such as cent...
sixteendigits

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 06:54:28 AM

Another thought I was having.  Obviously the details of how this whole system is gonna work are still up in the air a bit, but I would be careful about overly-automating the whole process of buying alts/dumping alts/buying DEL/deleting DEL.  This system needs to have some unpredictability and randomness to it or it will never work and will be abused by traders.

Here is what I mean.

Say I am some poor schmuck stuck with loads of Shitcoin #112.  Now, I do a bit of math based on the exchange rates for DEL you posted and all of a sudden I realize, hey, if I just swap my bag of Shitcoin #112 with the DEL devs, the DEL I get will trade for twice the BTC I would get if I just dumped Shitcoin #112 on the exchange!  Well, I might as well just dump this DEL, keep half the BTC, and since I know how much of Shitcoin #112 I just sold you, I can take my profits and put in some low orders and get my bag of Shitcoin #112 back again when they dump it.  Then I'll trade my reacquired bag of Shitcoin #112 for DEL...................................I think you know where I am going with this.

As hard as trust is to come by in this world, for this project to succeed the community needs to trust the development team here a bit and let certain things be unknowns.  What if it was revealed that the DEL devs held 25% of Shitcoin #112?  Well it would certainly hold the price of that coin down momentarily, but all you will have is traders jockeying to get really low buy orders in to scoop those coins back up crazy cheap for the inevitable dump by DEL devs.

Even worse would be if dump alt day and buy DEL day had some sort of pattern or happened on the same day of the week.  On dump day, all the traders are slipping in really low buy orders.  On buy DEL day, all of the a sudden all the low DEL sell orders are cancelled.  Then, all the traders are just selling you back the same coins every week!

I am sure many other situations can be imagined.  If the rate of trade between shitcoins/DEL is 100% predictable and calculable, if the DEL team is 100% open about what coins they are currently holding and in what quantity, and if the dumps/buy ups happen with any sort of regularity or predictability, you aren't helping to destroy shitcoins.  You are creating a wealth of information that any trader worth their salt will exploit to the fullest.

My opinion is some randomness and unpredictable needs to be introduced here.  The calculations included in the ANN on exchanging your alts for DEL, well maybe fine as a base, cannot be that predictable.  Perhaps some way to randomize the reward for exchanging your alts.  You might get 100% of the DEL you are owed based on those calculations, but that is just the average.  Based on some sort of random factor, you may only get 33% of that figure, or 75%, or 140%, or 300%.  Can't be sure.

And while I think the amount of DEL distributed through trading for unwanted alts should be revealed for all to see, I don't think anyone but the DEL devs should know what coins they are holding.

Dumps and buys entirely random.  Maybe 3-4 dumps one week, 0 the next, 2 the next.  Same patterns with the buys, random and unpredictable.

We thought about this also, it is not going to be an immediate thing which should combat people doing anything like this. We will build a quantity large enough to crash the alt an no one except my team and our partner exchange will know when, how much, and how frequent.

Awesome, glad you guys are way ahead of me and thinking of these possibilities as well.
AltDeleter (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Alright guys, the exchange is almost ready to start. We are going to start with 10 coins and progress from there. What I need is suggestions for 10 coins to start so we can start testing the process. We will progress from there but we would like to keep it small while it is still kind of in the POC. That being said, please post any coins, with any form of active exchange, here in this thread and we will go from there. What we are going to do is allow for an auto delete function which people can submit direct exchange. We may have to rework the math a bit at the start until we can get the volume up on ALTS as well as the overall value of Delete up. AS of right now, if some alt is at 1 Satoshi, and they have 1,500 worth 1 Delete, math simply does not work for them it they will not sell. We may have to increase it to match current market prices but that will be tested/changed as we progress.
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:58:17 PM

I like this concept if it works

Dimelord

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:12:19 PM

Why do you keep changing the name of the thread? It's very annoying.
AltDeleter (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:06:57 PM

Proposed coins for first 10 listed, simply grabbing the lowest volume from CoinMarketCap

NoodlyAppendageCoin
    BellaCoin
    Credits
    Zeuscoin   
    ORObit   
    LeproCoin   
    FoxCoin   
    Magic Internet Money
    Emucoin     
    Skeincoin
    Aliencoin
Dimelord

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:24:29 AM

Proposed coins for first 10 listed, simply grabbing the lowest volume from CoinMarketCap

NoodlyAppendageCoin
    BellaCoin
    Credits
    Zeuscoin   
    ORObit   
    LeproCoin   
    FoxCoin   
    Magic Internet Money
    Emucoin     
    Skeincoin
    Aliencoin

Noodly appendage coin? Kill it with fire  Grin Maybe I was wrong about you guys  Smiley
englishbad

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:29:45 AM

what??
AltDeleter (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 03:03:02 PM

Still finalizing the new direct delete function. We are also looking to partner with the new Better BTC Bureau to help get some support for a stronger tomorrow. That being said, we were kicking around the idea of creating a supporting badge for legitimate coins to get our branding out. Feedback will be appreciate.

First I'd like to reiterate what the goal is here as I have had a run in with some coin devs lately, and after explaining our point we gain support. DeleteCoin is not here to try to crush all alts, there are some legit alt coins out there that have a place, a need, and are doing things for the community. These are not the focus of DeleteCoin. What we are here to do is give support back to those who supported coins and were burned. A lot of coins seem to just be made for profit, the devs get some cash back for their hour of work, then bail and leave the community holding the bad. At times, the community step up and try to revive the coin, other times, they are just left out. Our point is to bring a quick and painless end to their suffering and give them some value back for their coins that they spent the time, effort, and resources to mine and support. I'd like to create a list of coins that are legit and deserve a right to stay and give them a badge of support from Delete they can display as a marking of safety.

As I explained it to one earlier, it is like the Buffalo Theory. Crypto is like a heard of buffalo in our eyes, and a heard of buffalo is only as strong and fast as it's slowest and weakest. If we systematically kill off the slow and weak ones, we ultimately make the heard (crypto) so much stronger than it was before. The dilution of BTC and support across cryptos in the end will continually make the heard slower and slower each time a new one is added. It is our goal not to allow the whole heard to be eaten.
rosechose00

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 03:14:14 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2014, 07:22:48 AM by rosechose00

I for one am glad of the changes, and for a developer who is willing to listen to the community and make the changes necessary to make the coin a success. Or would you rather a developer who left things as they were, or just abandoned the coin? If so, perhaps DeleteCoin isn't for you.

I think this coin has massive potential to shake up the market, so I'll be supporting it, and following its progress with great interest.
Mikellev

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 03:14:48 PM

0% fee - nothing less!

Updated with new fork (24.03.2014)

http://del.poolerino.com/

for our complete list of supported coins, visit poolerino.com
awais3344

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:20:03 PM

its based on which algo?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
NEOSCOIN
  +POD Developers +Active Community - V2 Coming Soon! Live In-App Trading, Live Pool Stats - IRC - Arbitrush Anonymous System soon!! NEOSCOIN
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
gustav

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 02:49:25 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 03:48:35 AM by gustav

so to get the best deal for deletecoin i have to buy the most wothless crap first so you can dump it back? We  can do that forever. Only thing accomplished is more destruction of value. Fail!

Do you still take pennie cents and other dead coins by the way? Do you take coins that are not on exchanges?

edit: ok, i thought it all the way through. Here is what will happen:
people buy the most worthless crap or just unload the most hopeless and dead coins at this place. You then dump it, ok. But what happens in the long run? In the long run someone will be buying those coins you dump at 1litoshi and less until he ownes them all (one person or group buying the crap you dump basically for free) - after that person or group has more than 90% of coins they can set price whereever they want. You would have achieved the exact opposite of what you initially wanted PLUS adding volume to idiotic coins that don't have volume and for a good reason.
So you would essentially bring back to life the dying shit also by increasing volume on exchanges prevent them being delisted. So this is not really thought out well.

I personally still believe the free market will take care of everything - it just takes a bit of time. Creating coins that actually represent something and have value for that reason would be a better strategy to kill off crap faster. So if you are sick of crap like everybody else then create something with real value - problem solved.
sixteendigits

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:59:36 AM

NoodlyAppendageCoin
    BellaCoin
    Credits
    Zeuscoin   
    ORObit   
    LeproCoin   
    FoxCoin   
    Magic Internet Money
    Emucoin     
    Skeincoin
    Aliencoin

These coins are already low though.  This is about knocking down shitcoins, not beating a dead horse.

Also, FoxCoin and MIM have gone nowhere simply because their distributions were too fair, IMO.  They weren't mined out in a month so didn't appeal to the get rich quick crowd which seems to represent this generation of miners.  They are solid little coins, and don't deserve to be murdered.

I guess this is all relative, which is why I think a formal voting system of some kind is needed, but PANDA, GLD (the original scam coin!), and MOON seem to fit the bill.
AltDeleter (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:13:11 PM

NoodlyAppendageCoin
    BellaCoin
    Credits
    Zeuscoin   
    ORObit   
    LeproCoin   
    FoxCoin   
    Magic Internet Money
    Emucoin     
    Skeincoin
    Aliencoin

These coins are already low though.  This is about knocking down shitcoins, not beating a dead horse.

Also, FoxCoin and MIM have gone nowhere simply because their distributions were too fair, IMO.  They weren't mined out in a month so didn't appeal to the get rich quick crowd which seems to represent this generation of miners.  They are solid little coins, and don't deserve to be murdered.

I guess this is all relative, which is why I think a formal voting system of some kind is needed, but PANDA, GLD (the original scam coin!), and MOON seem to fit the bill.

We are building a formal one on the exchange itself, I was just trying to get the ball rolling. Ill go with Panda, GLD and moon to start and we can add from there.
Dimelord

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 01:09:21 AM

We need to delete reddcoin...  Roll Eyes
mf1234

Activity: 41

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:08:03 PM

Why cant i send my coin to swisscex? it says the transaction has failed. My wallet is synced, any advice?
AltDeleter (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 07:30:57 PM

Why cant i send my coin to swisscex? it says the transaction has failed. My wallet is synced, any advice?

Im not really sure, I haven't sent anything to them. Anyone else able to help out? If not I'd be happy to open a ticket. Also still ironing out the final details of the new marketplace and voting system. If anyone has any other suggestions for coins to be listed to start please let us know.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: