Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:14:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Be aware, so many scam coins are around  (Read 3626 times)
cryptoblue77

Activity: 472
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 11:22:28 AM

Well, you have to be very careful in investing newly-listed altcoins, as many of these coins are a scams. Some people have been investing in newly-listed coins in the hope that they will get huge profits.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shiming

Activity: 798
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 11:44:55 AM

Thanks for sharing. This is important for novices, reminding them that there are many scams in blockchain projects. We need to pay attention to asset security and understand the authenticity of the project.

killerfrost

Activity: 1974
Merit: 254

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2019, 12:18:41 PM

Caution here certainly does not hurt. You understand that it is already necessary to understand that cryptocurrency is scary and you need to understand that it is cryptocurrency that today can also bring very large opportunities in earnings. This is definitely a good opportunity.
but I think if you can find a way to stay away from fraudulent projects, the results will be better. even though crypto is dangerous but there are definitely ways to reduce the danger so I think more about looking for knowledge so that I'm not nearing danger when investing in crypto

Sometimes I want to disagree that Crypto is not danger, crypto is like freedom. Rather I want to say the people are dangerous and some people are making the crypto field dangerous! If there was no scam, hack in the crypto industry then within these 10 years the crypto market could be accepted by over the worldwide than now! Many good projects scammed in crypto industry. some people are very harmful to the crypto market.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2019, 03:57:24 PM

therefore if you want to invest, then invest in coins that already exist in the top 10 markets, for example, bitcoin, etherum, ripple, cardano or many others. indeed for now there are still a lot of scam coins and risk will make us lose our money.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
nitin8263
Copper Member

Activity: 1568
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2019, 04:37:32 PM

Yes it is true that so many scam coins are around so when invest then you have to need to know all information about of that coins after of that you should invest.

Yalovtsev

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 04:48:50 PM

Yes, this is the market that as a result of it was formed so many scams and all kinds of fraudulent schemes,but in any case the tightening and measures,regulirovanie and implementation of all sorts of things,so that soon all these manipulators and fraudsters will leave the market,and I am sure thatin the near future the world will be cleaner and brighter

Viper_Unleashed

Activity: 584
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 04:55:12 PM

Its quite obvious that people are making money using such schemes in this bear market.Doing some free airdrops and bounty is almost good and sometimes beneficial in leisure time.We had already seen many good projects to fail.Also I had some loads of shit coins in my ether wallet LOL.So its only good to do our own research before participating or investing in any ICO.bear market has been continuing long enough and soon things will turn around and may be for better and people will make some bucks out of it.
monineklutak

Activity: 1890
Merit: 252

The OGz Club

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 05:23:19 PM

there is always a way to cheat so I really hope that there will be a team that manages every ICO that will enter this forum, each ICO must fulfill every condition and provide guarantees in the form of money and personal data of everyone involved in the project so that they will not dare to commit fraud
with that way I am sure that the scam will really be minimized and I am sure that one day that will surely come true will really be minimized and I am sure that one day that will surely come true

The OGz Club▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
AdamRay

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 05:23:35 PM

Now that most of the people are well aware of scam ICOs, scammer has found another way to scam people. I have observed 3 projects till now which I will list here and give you a highlights how they scam people, specially the newbie.

1. Privcy
Privacy was a free airdropped coin which was distributed freely over the community for helping promoting the project. Later, they decide to reward more to the holder of the coin in airdrops. The more coin you hold, the more airdrop coin you get. Newbies started to buy coins for getting more airdrop coin and DEV were selling their coin. I am sure they had a lot of fake accounts participating in the Airdrop. Can you believe they scammed people in such a way? Now, the project is died, 24 hour volume is- $620 which was less than $100 couple of weeks ago.

2. Profish
Profish was an ICO which came into the exchange before the bounty end. They were listed in mercatox and used to have some fake volumes. I don't know what happened to their ICO but they sold a lot of coins through mercatox and later, the price is now 1 or 2 satoshi from 650 satoshi. This is also a dead project. They scammed people.

3. Helios Protocol- Be aware
Helios Protocol is now airdropping coin to their community. This attract my eyes when I see user vectisitch was vouching the project. He was a moderator in privcy, so, there's no doubt that both of the project are from same person and this helios shit is also going to scam money. I want to alert you guys not to invest in this scam project.
Here is the vouching comment- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5118682.msg50087444#msg50087444

Thanks for your advice. I am a newbie and I really need such posts. It is really difficult to decide to join or invest in some ICOs. There are many risks. Even if I invest in ICOs that don't have potential, it's really bad

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
Andrey13101991

Activity: 551

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 06:15:21 PM

Yes, this is the market that as a result of it was formed so many scams and all kinds of fraudulent schemes,but in any case the tightening and measures,regulirovanie and implementation of all sorts of things,so that soon all these manipulators and fraudsters will leave the market,and I am sure thatin the near future the world will be cleaner and brighter

I also think that in a few years the cryptocurrency market will not be the same as now. scammers who are now deceiving new users will no longer be allowed to be here
UniversityCoin

Activity: 714
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 11:30:15 PM

In order not to fall into the hands of fraudsters, it is better to participate in investing in new projects in the IEO.
IEO is conducted by major exchanges and they act as a guarantor of a fair transaction.
dabenko

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 07:55:14 PM

I do not know of now, but the rate at which people fell victim of scam in the past few months was quite alarming.
I believe a lot of people have learnt their lessons.
I use mercatox and I know of some projects that are scam, so I am always careful of them.
vectisitch
Legendary

Activity: 1927
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 10:59:28 AM

these sorts of threads are ok to a point. i'm all for warning people of scams but as we all know many coins get called a scam simply because it is too like a project that someone is invested in and they see it as a rival. the problem is mud sticks. so when someone cries scam because they think a coin will take supporters away from their project they harm that coin even if it has the potential to forward crypto and it's tech. please remember that just because a coin is good and has a large following, it doesn't mean that coin can't be bettered with newer and better tech
trash321

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 11:23:11 AM

The main problem of our market today is the scam projects that create tokens, which eventually become just not necessary. I think that this will really be a profitable business, especially if you now try to create resources that will be interesting in the future.
meldrio1

Activity: 1358

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 11:24:10 AM

Lucky that I did not waste my time in the profish campaign, I tried to visit their website, but something fishy with their website it just ordinary with a little blog catching fish.

logisticalmother

Activity: 299

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 11:49:11 AM

agree with you, mostly ico project start on middle 2018 until now has many of them was fake, after they rob investor money, didnt pay bounty participant, and then run after that.
indeed, in the past there have been many projects like that, so we returned to how to choose them so that they could get good. I once joined a scam project and I felt very lost at that time in 2018 maybe a bigger deceptive project so far the way we can do it is always more careful and alert.
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 03:18:48 PM

However careful you might want to think you are, sometimes you still manage to fall into this scammy project that will take your effort as a bounty hunter and reward you with nothing, while as an investor, it's a different ball game, because in this regard both financially and emotionally you have have partake in the project and in the end it turned out to be a scam Shocked it is a very bad experience indeed, as an investors it even get worse because you just loss your capital scammers Shocked, so yes very important be careful.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 03:39:42 PM

It's good to know that you discovered their intentions and techniques on how to scam people. It's a lesson that we should learn. We must be careful next time and think of the best things to do to get rid of scammers. I have the same experience before and I tried to avoid airdrops. Doing some research upon joining helped me to choose a good project and coin.

ryap12

Activity: 700
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 03:45:14 PM

Good thing I didn't stumbled to any of these projects. Of course these scammers will continue to scam using different identities to themselves and naming different kinds of projects. It would be better to see a project going out attending important events showing how serious they are with their project. It should be a project not tweeting about their project only but through partnership and future plans. I see a lot of projects offering airdrop and I checked their twitter account, to my surprise they only tweeted about airdrop which immediately made me identify that it was a fake project.

Thanks for the warning OP.
ameliana

Activity: 887

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 06:47:47 PM

Lucky that I did not waste my time in the profish campaign, I tried to visit their website, but something fishy with their website it just ordinary with a little blog catching fish.
if we want to work harder in analyzing the project then it really helps us to avoid fraud.
so in this case we don't have to complain too much and focus on choosing projects because not all projects are bad.

and my advice is not easily affected by the site or anything because fraudsters are also smart to trick people.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: