Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:42:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you hate the most about your current exchange?  (Read 758 times)
ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 08:57:38 PM

I hate the high transaction fee and fake volume, this is happening in over 80% of exchanges.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2019, 09:06:49 PM

I'm really curious about what other people hate about their exchanges, maybe if we start complaining loud enough the exchanges will improve or new exchanges will solve these issues.

Right now what I hate is the fact that I don't have access to the private keys of my funds, I don't feel secure because of that.

Also, I would for the process to be simplified and streamlined, I want to buy crypto with Fiat as easily as I buy stuff on Amazon.

So, what would you change? what would you remove? and what would you add?
Due to this reason, you can use decentralized exchanges and private key will be on your own use. If the reason is that the DEXs are more useless, I agree with you.
I do not think there is a big problem with exchanges. There are already hundreds of exchanges available and you can find one that suits your own criteria.
RockDJ

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 09:11:12 PM

I'm really curious about what other people hate about their exchanges, maybe if we start complaining loud enough the exchanges will improve or new exchanges will solve these issues.

Right now what I hate is the fact that I don't have access to the private keys of my funds, I don't feel secure because of that.

Also, I would for the process to be simplified and streamlined, I want to buy crypto with Fiat as easily as I buy stuff on Amazon.

There's a reason why both centralized and decentralized exchanges exist. Both with different advantages. If you want more control over your private keys, you should choose Dex. I guess that is why Binance is introducing its Dex exchange to satisfy customers that may prefer Dex characteristics

Aponkye1

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2019, 10:25:15 PM

Well if you really hate trading on centralized exchanges then i think you can trade on decentralized exchanges like idex, forkdelta etc. But what i hate about upcoming exchanges these days is the high fees that most of them charge when trading on their platform.

Invigorated

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 11:45:10 PM

Actually, my issue with Decentralized exchanges borders mostly on their non flexibility and directness. I keep finding it difficult to accept them truly as exchanges. Albeit Etherflyer which seemingly has a well grounded interface and design, the rest are actually crappy. Really looking forward to what Binance brings to the table. It could change the view on Decentralized Exchanges forever.
Sinone

Activity: 597
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 11:52:58 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2019, 12:42:25 AM by Sinone

I don't think exchange will move from these things and that's why everyone suggests you withdraw your funds from the exchange and never store your assets in any exchange! Centralized exchanges are not cold storage, so you should stop hating it and be alert to move your coins in your hardware wallet! And to buy coins with Fiat, you may use Coinbase or localbitcoin!
Cryptolord_ng
Copper Member

Activity: 365
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2019, 12:09:17 AM

Actually what I really hate about some exchange it's when they kept asking me to verify my location or let say when they ask to verify ip that my previous ip address as been changed or something, that really give me big headache when I'm on other devices that my email is not log, I believe they should make it once, if I can verify my mobile is address once, they shouldn't be ask me to do it again anytime I wanna login

patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 12:57:40 AM

In time, for sure perfect timing would be the best thing since I can say that we still in development stage when it comes to adaption. Yes, they might hear us out but it is not that easy. These exchanges need to do something for their own improvement just like what youve said buying crypto with fiat. Verification is good for me as  I dont have anything to hide.
efxtrader

Activity: 924
Merit: 100

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 12:59:40 AM

Until now, i dont have any problem with my exchanger because i am choosing trusted exchanger. When choosing exchanger, my priority is security and having big daily transaction volume and so far, i dont have any problem with exchangers

rachman mahesa

Activity: 966
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 05:11:58 AM

Actually what I really hate about some exchange it's when they kept asking me to verify my location or let say when they ask to verify ip that my previous ip address as been changed or something, that really give me big headache when I'm on other devices that my email is not log, I believe they should make it once, if I can verify my mobile is address once, they shouldn't be ask me to do it again anytime I wanna login
Actually it is one way to avoid your account being used by other people. Of course it is not wrong for an exchange to do that. I strongly agree with that, because it is one of the additional security that must be done. But not all exchanges do that. You should have an e-mail on your cellphone to get a link so you can enter the exchange.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 05:14:16 AM

Customer support is one of the major issues with all the crypto exchanges,we need to wait for days to get a response for your tickets.ON;y people who faced that situation knows how much pain they were experienced at the waiting time.
Sacramentus

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2019, 05:16:31 AM

What I hate about some of my current exchange are the high trading fees, high withdrawal fee, and lack of proper UI. I can relate to ddex which is a decentralized exchange but with a very high trading fee which you will not find funny at all. Also most exchanges I use don't care what you pay as a withdrawal fee

[ IQ ] cash  ▐   THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
████████████ [ https://iq.cash ] ████████████
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 06:00:04 AM

~
Why sign up to these centralized exchanges in the first place? Before signing up, you are asked to agree to the terms. Somewhere in there says that they keep your private keys, so why agree? Stay with DEX if you're unhappy.

There are already OTC exchanges like Coinbase.

For suggestions:
Add more customer support
Some exchanges do not have dark mode, I wish everyone would have that.
aioc

Activity: 2912
Merit: 567

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 06:10:10 AM

On all the exchange I'm trading there is no option to keep your private key on centralized exchange you can do this on the decentralized exchange, security is my main concern right now since I can easily trade my cryptocurrency to fiat money in our local exchanger.

maydna

Activity: 2940
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 06:25:45 AM

So you don't need to store your coin in every exchange, and it's better to start to move all of your coin in the offline wallet. I don't hate the exchanges although I don't have access to the private keys and I know that consequences and as long as I know what I'm doing, I can accept that.

The only thing that I hate from the exchanges is when they apply a high fee for withdraw because I've already seen that before and I moved all my coins to the other exchange.

When you engage in the exchange, you need to realize this, and you need to protect our account from anything bad things that might happen. I am sure you can buy crypto with Fiat as easily, but you need to search which services in out there that might fit you.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Tipsters

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 06:37:34 AM

Actually these stuff you want to alter isnt that simple. First of all not all exchange can follow on some rules of the country regarding the legalities of the funds circulating on the exchange. Havent you noticed KYC is now crucial for more exchange as withdrawing huge funds is now forbidden due to some recent transfer of scam tokens and coins. Decentralized is like by those scammer so they will do anything and everything to retain this aspect.
SwiggHeart

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 06:51:12 AM

It's because I have already so many losses in my investment so much rather than my pocket. I will quit trading until I had no money left in my exchange!
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 10:12:12 AM

the only thing that i have ever hated about the exchanges have been the fact that i can never be sure whether my money is safe or not. i know for a fact that as long as i am using the exchanges (any of them without exception) even for a minute my money is at serious risk.
the exchange can get hacked, i lose money.
the exchange can scam, i lose money.
the exchange can decide to single me out and scam me, i lose money.

and complaining is never going to change that. the solution is simple: not using centralized exchanges and moving to decentralized ones.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Starfranko

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 10:23:34 AM

I don't wanna mention names of exchanges but mine is the high gas charges for transactions . It is absolutely ridiculous and I wish something could be done about
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 10:35:16 AM

KYC verification that I hate, we are connected to a private network where the advantages of cryptocurrencies are anonymous. almost all exchanges have to get everyone's personal biodata document, I'm afraid it will be misused if there is a data leak by the evil hackers well even though it's for our own security but still it deviates from the very special cryptocurrencies

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀