Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:35:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: EOS AIRDROP SCAM ATTEMPT  (Read 220 times)
steampunkz (OP)

Activity: 1162
Merit: 268

50% bonus on your First Topup

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 06:10:38 AM
Merited by cryptodevil (6), morvillz7z (1)

I recently receive today an email from eos.news@yahoo.com that there is an airdrop from EOS. I browsed the information and its Obviously a scam, "15 EOS" monthly?! too good to be true, BEWARE! They will force you to install unknown software on your desktop or laptop and steal your cryptos after you install it. I visited Atomic wallet official website and there is no such giveaways and airdrops from EOS.  --> https://atomicwallet.io/eos.
 Even in the official site of EOS The latest news and announcements is from past January 2019.
Too many emails addressed have been hacked and one is mine be careful if you received this one don't be fooled by this scammers.

Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScEGUl8WIn91TyqiUIScRg-aKuz9z-wKRvOLzZ1lkbDnOA0fw/viewform

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3633

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2019, 11:30:41 AM

A small edit:

Thanks for the warning.
In the past, verified accounts of many famous sites and people have been hacked and then used to spread such gifts to make it easy to scam participants.
It seems that scammers have developed their ways, download wallets, and others.

I remember such an attempt where I am asked to sign in and then deposit an amount from my account * you must download a program to withdraw that amount.*

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2172

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2019, 11:53:53 AM

I always try to avoid this kind of offer from unknown source. If received this kind of offer then I check official media of original coin. If there is nothing then it's pure scam attempt or something wrong. So everyone should avoid submit personal details like password or private key. I can say from my paste experience that this kind of offer proved scam eventually. So better to stay away from this kind of offer.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 03:36:04 PM
Merited by morvillz7z (1)

I recently receive today an email from eos.news@yahoo.com

Can you mark that email as 'spam' or 'phishing' in your inbox and also forward a copy to phishing@cc.yahoo-inc.com so they can actively mark it as a fraud and hopefully it'll hamper its delivery enough to save some people getting caught out by it.

The grammar in that text is pretty lousy, too, which is usually a big sign that its a scam as legitimate marketing is always properly proofed before sending.

Good work on getting this posted up quickly, steampunkz. Time is always of the essence in alerting the community to these types of scams.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
steampunkz (OP)

Activity: 1162
Merit: 268

50% bonus on your First Topup

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 04:10:44 AM

I recently receive today an email from eos.news@yahoo.com

Can you mark that email as 'spam' or 'phishing' in your inbox and also forward a copy to phishing@cc.yahoo-inc.com so they can actively mark it as a fraud and hopefully it'll hamper its delivery enough to save some people getting caught out by it.

The grammar in that text is pretty lousy, too, which is usually a big sign that its a scam as legitimate marketing is always properly proofed before sending.

Good work on getting this posted up quickly, steampunkz. Time is always of the essence in alerting the community to these types of scams.

Done on reporting and sending the scammers email to phishing@cc.yahoo-inc.com.

magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 10:54:26 PM

They didn't even BCC the recipients, or address them individually. This is as obvious as a scam email comes. I'm quite surprised though that this isn't in your spam folder, because generally Gmail does a good job of filtering these messages into the rightful places.

Whenever you see an article, a link, or an email that claims there is free money to be made, but the terms state that you have to download some software and/or send some funds to them first before you can claim your free coins, it is 100% a scam.

This can happen on social media platforms as well, there are phishing social media profiles doing the same thing (scammers impersonating exchanges seem to be quite the trend nowadays). If you're unsure, always check with the official site/team which the airdrop/giveaway is supposedly conducted by.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: