Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:56:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Mark Zuckerberg wants no privacy  (Read 901 times)
darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 01:16:49 AM

Why would Mark cares? It is all about numbers and in fact he is just following the footsteps of google. You should have to be more careful with dealing in google services. If the social media platform earns from marketing we don't know how google thinks towards it's data.

Google data are more beneficial to spying.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 02:55:17 AM

Why would Mark cares? It is all about numbers and in fact he is just following the footsteps of google. You should have to be more careful with dealing in google services. If the social media platform earns from marketing we don't know how google thinks towards it's data.

Google data are more beneficial to spying.

So don't use chrome, and use duckgogo instead of google.

Don't hand out "Google ID" to any apps that ask for it.

Again, this isn't just a manageable problem but it's extremely important to manage it.
darklus123

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 04:26:19 AM

Again, this isn't just a manageable problem but it's extremely important to manage it.

I still use  chrome it's more convenient ,isn't it? As you have said tho we should have to be more careful.  What I usually do is to not provide my personal info or an "ALIAS". But when it comes to having a personal email I don't have choice but to atleast give my full name.

It is so hard to managed especially when you are going to need those for work related.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 11:21:17 AM

I still use  chrome it's more convenient ,isn't it? ....
No.

...But when it comes to having a personal email I don't have choice but to atleast give my full name.

It is so hard to managed especially when you are going to need those for work related.

I don't think a person's exact name or part of it should ever be the email. If a company did require that then you can misspell or abbreviate a part of it in a way you never do personally. Then at least you can tell where incoming spam bought or stole its info.

The days of being proud and excited to own MarySmith@xyz.com are long gone....
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 11:58:07 AM

Google Employees Demand Management Respect Their Prejudices Against Conservatives and Climate Skeptics

When Google announced an external advisory board for AI projects last week, the company framed the decision as a step forward in accountability. Last year, the company had announced a set of principles for how to build AI tools, and this board, the company suggested, was the next step toward a more transparent Google.

But some members of the new board drew immediate scrutiny, especially Kay Coles James, president of the conservative Heritage Foundation. On social media, some characterized the decision as an attempt to cater to conservatives at the expense of true expertise in the field. By Saturday, one AI expert who was invited to the board had dropped out, vaguely noting that it may not be “the right forum” for the work.

Privately, several Google employees were also livid about the decision to include James, according to sources familiar with the discussions. On internal message boards, employees described James as “intolerant” and the Heritage Foundation as “amazingly wrong” in their policies on topics like climate change, immigration, and, particularly, on issues of LGBTQ equality. A person with James’ views, the employees said, “doesn’t deserve a Google-legitimized platform, and certainly doesn’t belong in any conversation about how Google tech should be applied to the world.”

By the end of the day on Tuesday, more than 1,600 Google employees had endorsed the petition, organizers said. Google did not respond to a request for comment.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/04/04/google-employees-demand-management-respect-their-prejudices-against-conservatives-and-climate-skeptics/
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2019, 08:02:33 PM

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-04-18/facebook-quietly-notifies-public-millions-instagram-users-had-passwords-exposed
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 11:27:30 PM

The Facebook source said the investigation so far indicates between 200 million and 600 million Facebook users may have had their account passwords stored in plain text and searchable by more than 20,000 Facebook employees. The source said Facebook is still trying to determine how many passwords were exposed and for how long, but so far the inquiry has uncovered archives with plain text user passwords dating back to 2012.

What's not explicitly stated is the simple fact that if passwords were stored in plain text, and if they were accessible to 20,000 employees, there was a reason. Because it's extremely easy, and an option in most programs that enable login, to store an encrypted hash. In that case the user's login works, but the employees cannot access it or the account it references.

Seriously, this is 1990s level stupid.

darklus123

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 12:23:31 AM

I don't think a person's exact name or part of it should ever be the email. If a company did require that then you can misspell or abbreviate a part of it in a way you never do personally. Then at least you can tell where incoming spam bought or stole its info.

You can do misspell your name in your email if you are the one making it. I don't personally know how things works in your place but in my place usually if we got a job ("officebased") or even some "remotebased". They are the one responsible for creating your own email and yes having marysmith@company still existing in the industry. They even put all your details on your google or microsoft account.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 01:23:11 AM

You can do misspell your name in your email if you are the one making it. I don't personally know how things works in your place but in my place usually if we got a job ("officebased") or even some "remotebased". They are the one responsible for creating your own email and yes having marysmith@company still existing in the industry. They even put all your details on your google or microsoft account.

That is a world I am not in....
Alpinat

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 04:39:48 AM

https://medium.com/elixxir/why-mark-zuckerberg-wants-no-privacy-why-he-wrote-his-letter-and-why-it-wont-help-him-c020e434ce36

According to a recent open letter on privacy, Mark Zuckerberg wants us to believehe can combine WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, and Instagram platforms with “end-to-end” encryption to create the ultimate privacy-protecting platform.

thoughts? what does this mean for society?
It means that there is no perfect. The ultimate privacy protecting platform is impossible and it will cost a lot of money for him. He will not pay a lot of money just for that. There are many hackers in the internet and Mark don't want to fight them so he did not wants privacy.
darklus123

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 05:41:10 AM

Then you are lucky, hopefully I can also make a living in which  I don't have to follow their rules anymore. When it comes to facebook tho, we can freely create other identity that we can use for our safety.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 12:07:25 PM

Then you are lucky, hopefully I can also make a living in which  I don't have to follow their rules anymore. When it comes to facebook tho, we can freely create other identity that we can use for our safety.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2019/04/19/federal-investigation-facebook-could-hold-mark-zuckerberg-accountable-privacy-sources-say/

On Thursday, Democratic Sen. Richard Blumenthal (Conn.) said the company’s top executive “wasn’t just aware of Facebook’s invasion of consumer privacy, he signed off on it and publicly downplayed legitimate concerns.”

“Holding Mark Zuckerberg and other top Facebook executives personally at fault and liable for further wrongdoing would send a powerful message to business leaders across the country: You will pay a hefty price for skirting the law and deceiving consumers,” Blumenthal said.

But in fact these sorts of slaps-on-the-wrist occur after the fact, and do not help you or I.
Woodie

Activity: 1806
Merit: 871

Rollbit.com ⚔️Crypto Futures

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2019, 01:10:15 PM

https://medium.com/elixxir/why-mark-zuckerberg-wants-no-privacy-why-he-wrote-his-letter-and-why-it-wont-help-him-c020e434ce36

According to a recent open letter on privacy, Mark Zuckerberg wants us to believehe can combine WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, and Instagram platforms with “end-to-end” encryption to create the ultimate privacy-protecting platform.

Easier said than done and combining all these platforms might be a bad idea because users might not like this which means lost revenue, a drop in users and possibly more legal work to be done to protect user data.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1176

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 08:10:03 PM

Mark Zuckerberg is a parasite. He has all the money and means to run a socially conscious network, yet is more interested in padding his bank balance even further. Social networks really are bad for your mind, especially with all the secret tests, psychological experiments and personal information leaks that have been discovered over time.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
dimondimon

Activity: 270
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 12:42:31 PM

He was originally a CIA agent, they helped him promote the project, he was conceived as a platform for tracking people . Just like Apple, he did not invent anything in the garage, just so they legalized the product stolen in Russia and that would hide the fact that it is a surveillance device came up with the story of the garage and the inventor
Splatters
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 11:18:32 PM

I've started my own privacy on facebook removing my surname. Ok you can put a fake name and it'll work anyway, but if you're using your real name and want remove surname (that normally it's not possible) you can do it, with a language setting trick

I know why your pray will never be answered!
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 09:49:00 AM

it's all dreams, which cannot be fulfilled. in this growing digital age where we are nearly done with the supercomputers, I do not think Facebook or any other encryption is secured. our current technology can not face the future challenges its just good till like 15-20years (if not monitored) but hackers are also growing and they have a community way larger then Mark Zuckerberg's Team of expertise. I am sure they can beat their security someday.
wattcrypto

Activity: 247
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 09:58:09 PM

Mark Zuckerberg is a parasite. He has all the money and means to run a socially conscious network, yet is more interested in padding his bank balance even further. Social networks really are bad for your mind, especially with all the secret tests, psychological experiments and personal information leaks that have been discovered over time.

They are all saying he is a CIA agent but i m not agree with that. He is more smart and educated for being a cia agent in his student years.

He is a parasite.  i completely agree with that. he is a real parasite for all internet anonymous community. He and his company more like a intelligence service, for dirty politic relations.

I very much doubt he is a CIA agent but do I think he works with the CIA? Yes.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 01:14:12 AM

They are all saying he is a CIA agent but i m not agree with that. He is more smart and educated for being a cia agent in his student years.

He is a parasite.  i completely agree with that. he is a real parasite for all internet anonymous community. He and his company more like a intelligence service, for dirty politic relations.

I very much doubt he is a CIA agent but do I think he works with the CIA? Yes.

Wake up, people. Operations like Google and FB may own operations like the CIA, or be angling to.
Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 03:53:55 PM

After the recent breaches in Facebook and the data that hackers have stolen, I don't believe that Zuckerberg is capable of protecting our privacy.
And I also think that he indeed doesn't want the full privacy because if that happens then he will probably lose data from the users and he wouldn't be able to "feed" his AI algorithms with userdata.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: