Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:55:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Am done with KYC  (Read 22069 times)
baobao2000

Activity: 462
Merit: 23

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 09:36:06 PM

I stop to attend any airdrop require for KYC too. It consumes too much time and some of them don’t pay after all the works. There are too many scammers out there and it isn’t safe to give your personal information for strangers who you know nothing about them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
oriontab

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2019, 09:36:58 PM

The success of any project really does not have anything to do with KYC, It is however done as a regulatory requirement especially for projects that may have cause to comply with certain jurisdictional requirements such as not being a citizen of the US or China for example. There a a number of projects that are facing legal battles because they sold to countries with restrictions. My fear for the kycs for bounties is the possibility of your details getting to the wrong hands
seggardinggins

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 10:14:45 PM

Sometimes things can change and are not always the same, as in the example above, when the project dies but maybe because the product is good and demand increases and develops so it doesn't die. Many people do not like KYC because this is quite complicated and does not guarantee success but behind all that is just the opinion of others, we should not be provoked before seeking our own knowledge. I think there is more to the positive side of the KYC system.
coinbirds

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 10:37:34 PM

Do not thing that your experience is representative one,
but agree on that  KYC has nothing to do with the success of the project and we have to be careful with to whom we our handling over our personal data.
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 10:41:08 PM

For bounty KYC is unnecessary, I agree with you. For trading on the exchange yes ok, for ICO is also normal, but for the bounty I think need to cancel KYC.
They just wanted to protect their project from cheaters or they just really want to collect datas from us. Its hard to trust new projects now because of many scammers, so KYC is not that important i think if you are a new project. Its really up to you whether to participate or not, if you’re not confident with the bounty campaign then don’t participate.
jerrison

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2019, 10:43:31 PM

the idea behind kyc was just to verify the user identity behind the users or owners of the various crypto wallet owners and also to know the investors getting into the crypto space via ICO projects and also to follow regulations but in total i do not believe that crypto space is really a place for such regulations.

TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 10:52:31 PM

-let's be vigilant about whom we carelessly give our details to, for some peanuts -

the idea behind kyc was just to verify the user identity behind the users or owners of the various crypto wallet owners and also to know the investors getting into the crypto space via ICO projects and also to follow regulations but in total i do not believe that crypto space is really a place for such regulations.

That idea of kyc is true if the project is genuine. But who can assess the authenticity of the project if it is in the early stages of development?
Many rating websites are just being paid for the reviews. So they will make a good review if you paid well.
It is the investor's responsibility to do his own homework and assess for himself if a project is worth taking risk for or not.
Submitting your vital info online is a personal choice, so don't fret if sooner or later, you will find trouble with your data.
galundan9

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 10:53:22 PM

I don't think that all projects that ask for KYC for us as bounty hunters can get tokens from them, because there are some projects that I have followed asking for KYC until now they can still survive in the market and continue to develop their tokens.

basically, we ourselves have to be careful with a project that requires KYC, because it is also prone to our personal data being known to other people who we ourselves do not know.

You should be more careful about a project that requires KYC about their truth, because unfortunately also if the results of our efforts to participate in the project do not get any results.
kickdapa

Activity: 627
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 10:56:29 PM

This is sadly truth! I have been facing this issue for a long time. Last year, I have joined in many bounty campaigns and invested in some ICOs but most of them asked KYC because KYC/AML has been raised in last year actually! But guess what happened? Almost 90% of projects were death or scam! Some projects reached the soft cap but after that, they went to inactive mode! There was a time when people thought that KYC is the measure of a good project, but the reality is different. But sorry, I don't believe that they trade people's KYC for money!

Quintrix

Activity: 259
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 11:05:01 PM

There is one thing I have realized from my experience with KYC for bounties. Almost all the projects I have provided my personal information to them failed to even get listed on exchanges and the project dies off. Surprisingly, those that didn't require KYC paid me and the project is truly developing. My point is, am beginning to think those project requesting hunters to go through KYC are just in for their information to trade and do not have any intentions to develop their crypto project so let's be vigilant about whom we carelessly give our details to, for some peanuts...May God bless our hustle

What you're thinking is true and it is very evident on the many ICO that ask for KYC, they are here to get your money and they are here to get your information, they are scamming you two times and bounty hunters should be aware of this.

rodel caling

Activity: 952

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 11:46:37 PM

There is one thing I have realized from my experience with KYC for bounties. Almost all the projects I have provided my personal information to them failed to even get listed on exchanges and the project dies off. Surprisingly, those that didn't require KYC paid me and the project is truly developing. My point is, am beginning to think those project requesting hunters to go through KYC are just in for their information to trade and do not have any intentions to develop their crypto project so let's be vigilant about whom we carelessly give our details to, for some peanuts...May God bless our hustle

I agree with you mate

Are you sure it was okay for you to provide your full identity over the internet with just KYC paying? I think money is not enough if you will going to risk yourself on the crypto community. One of the feature of crypto is the anonymity, and what's the essence of KYC?

Yes we need to follow the regulations implementing by the government to avoid hassle getting rewards from any kind of investment. Before i hate kyc but I realize it's for security porpuses to avoid crypto use by the bad elements.
monineklutak

Activity: 1890
Merit: 252

The OGz Club

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 11:55:24 PM

I never thought about that because I had good and bad experiences on projects that required participants to verify KYC and those who did not so I could not judge the project only from that.
all depends on the project team we follow, not based on whether the project requires participants to verify KYC or not
I don't think that makes sense because even if you have a bad experience on a project like that, you still can't say that everything will end badly

The OGz Club▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 11:59:31 PM

This is why I am against KYC .
We don't really know what would happen next when we submit our personal information.
They could sell it out and earn more from our information .
They could use our personal information for illegal activities.

daniel08

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 12:07:47 AM

I also do not want KYC in the first place , because as far as i know KYC is onpy required to those people who have invested more money to the project but now even bounty hunters need to undergo KYC just to have their rewards. And many bounty hunters including me disagree about KYC process because we do not want to know our true identity.

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum StatableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / J O I N / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER                FACEBOOK                TWITTER                TELEGRAM                ANN THREAD
hellyah070
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 12:48:26 AM

I don't think you can say that in general, some projects are really trusted as they conduct KYC for the safety of their investors and marketing team such as bounty hunters. KYC procedures are sacred and we should be careful but it doesn't mean that projects will just sell our identity.
dark08

Activity: 798

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 01:41:26 AM

I don't think you can say that in general, some projects are really trusted as they conduct KYC for the safety of their investors and marketing team such as bounty hunters. KYC procedures are sacred and we should be careful but it doesn't mean that projects will just sell our identity.

Let's say there still some ico projects that provide KYC have been success in the market but personally I dont want to give my information to other people in other words I hate doing KYC.
I want a project that not need to provide KYC because those people can use your identity to fraud other.

celot

Activity: 1492
Merit: 269

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 01:53:17 AM

I will check how potential coins I earn from bounty campaign for KYC data submit, have value or not before giving my id, how ever I dislike KYC and I am worried my document is use not only for KYC but also other information data.

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 01:56:35 AM

I know what that feel mate, adding a KYC for bounties is not a key success of the project. I also saw many bounties that not need KYC is success too. That's why if i think this project will not go well, i will not give my KYC to them. It would be a loss for us.
reality18

Activity: 938
Merit: 14

Earn more with Earn Network

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 01:58:55 AM

It does not always happen like this, mate. There are equally good number of projects which get listed and become successful after requesting for KYC. KYC is not the issue here because it is just for verification purposes. The main point here is the ability of every bounty hunter to do their own research into projects in order to come out with the ones which are more capable of becoming successful (that project may or may not ask for KYC pass).
Kencha77

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 04:09:19 AM

I also experience this. There are many bounties that I had given my personal info but the ICO didn't even got half of their soft cap. Though, some paid but still it's a hustle to take pictures of yourself along with your I.D. and get a photo of your I.D also. I think bounty managers should already be the ones to be the one who is responsible for checking this because they are paid to do so.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: