Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:04:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Am done with KYC  (Read 22075 times)
bartusv

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 11:04:28 PM

Personal data is sensitive information and we have to be careful with them. It is for verifying the identity of the clients.
The purpose of it is mainly anti-money laundering regulations requirement and it cannot be avoided if you want to invest.
KYC does not insure that the project will be successful.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄
▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌ (https://dago-mining.com)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shiming

Activity: 798
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 11:12:23 PM

KYC involves sensitive personal data, and if it is sold online by others, it will cause us a lot of damage. Now some projects, in order to monitor demand, need our KYC, we can choose not to participate in such projects. Of course, the project is reliable and you can choose to participate. This requires your own judgment.

pinoy.bolanon

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

"In CryptoEnergy we trust"

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 11:12:32 PM

There is one thing I have realized from my experience with KYC for bounties. Almost all the projects I have provided my personal information to them failed to even get listed on exchanges and the project dies off. Surprisingly, those that didn't require KYC paid me and the project is truly developing. My point is, am beginning to think those project requesting hunters to go through KYC are just in for their information to trade and do not have any intentions to develop their crypto project so let's be vigilant about whom we carelessly give our details to, for some peanuts...May God bless our hustle

i also have experienced this one where all the projects with kyc is not developing after all, but one thing i dont understand is that i recently received some emails that someone is opening my exchange accounts i mean almost all of my accounts someone is opening because i got the notifications.

┈┈┈┈┈ VECTORIUM ┈┈┈┈┈
In CryptoEnergy we trust
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2019, 12:22:07 AM

the obvious difference is between the 2018 year before the bear market. so when previously bounty or airdrop went well and without kyc, but after the bear market, bounty requires that those who do not necessarily have tokens will be registered in the market exchange and also a low exchange rate. in my opinion it is not worth it, because before without any kyc I was able to get good rewards too.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 12:29:50 AM

This is the reasons why i always ask if there will be a kyc for bounty hunters when the campaign end and if they say yes then ill pass on it,i dont like giving my identity to some online company which can easily hide them self and run with your money and identity is not safe.

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 12:30:42 AM

There is one thing I have realized from my experience with KYC for bounties. Almost all the projects I have provided my personal information to them failed to even get listed on exchanges and the project dies off. Surprisingly, those that didn't require KYC paid me and the project is truly developing. My point is, am beginning to think those project requesting hunters to go through KYC are just in for their information to trade and do not have any intentions to develop their crypto project so let's be vigilant about whom we carelessly give our details to, for some peanuts...May God bless our hustle

You're right. People will dismiss your concerns or call you crazy, but KYC documentation is being sold on the dark web - this is a FACT. All it takes is a rogue employee among these questionable ICOs to grab ahold of dozens and dozens of KYC documents and sell them on the web. Hackers could even get ahold of these documents to convince exchanges that they are you. KYC is dangerous.
sergiokkl

Activity: 258
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2019, 01:11:02 AM

Maybe you got bad luck for those campaigns required kyc program. Yes i alaso have experience the same with you but im not thinking that way, there is recently posted bounty camapign from the project named harmony. They required hunters to go through kyc program but i believe in them since apple is one of their investors at first seed. So i dont think this is just for show and not have intention to develop.

Augustyusuf

Activity: 546
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 01:39:57 AM

for me doing KYC is never be a problem, but problem came when our database of KYC using for wrong act, like aold our data to some company or project for making their database of user or investor, its totally wrong.

RideNodeTM (RIDE) is the First American Ride and Transportation Blockchain and Virtual Currency.
https://ridenode.io/[/cent
Haterstestbtc

Activity: 329
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 01:47:56 AM

This is the reasons why i always ask if there will be a kyc for bounty hunters when the campaign end and if they say yes then ill pass on it,i dont like giving my identity to some online company which can easily hide them self and run with your money and identity is not safe.

Yeah! Better to ask for KYC requirement at first. But there is one thing which is best thing for it. There is a rules which the bounty manager should initiates this. They only got the kyc requirements of every participants once the distribution of token is final to avoid stealing of personal identity of others.
TWW

Activity: 1456
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 01:51:39 AM

Yeah! Better to ask for KYC requirement at first. But there is one thing which is best thing for it. There is a rules which the bounty manager should initiates this. They only got the kyc requirements of every participants once the distribution of token is final to avoid stealing of personal identity of others.
each manager or team has a different policy. sometimes there are announcements that do not need KYC but after the campaign is finished they announce a new rule for charging KYC. we as bounty hunters can only follow to get rewards. as long as the requirements are still normal I don't think it's a big problem.
restuibu

Activity: 994
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 02:05:40 AM

it's indeed very risky to give personal data to people we don't know/KYC and maybe what you say is true if they trade our data. But if you really want to join bounty and do KYC please do a lot of team research and etc, so that your personal data can be safe

boyz97

Activity: 658
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 02:11:15 AM

each manager or team has a different policy. sometimes there are announcements that do not need KYC but after the campaign is finished they announce a new rule for charging KYC. we as bounty hunters can only follow to get rewards. as long as the requirements are still normal I don't think it's a big problem.
we have to calculate with its reward value too.personally i will not pass kyc if its value only small amount.i am prefer to keep my document than give it to strenght people.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Taufik blackspade team

Activity: 431
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 02:11:24 AM

it's indeed very risky to give personal data to people we don't know/KYC and maybe what you say is true if they trade our data. But if you really want to join bounty and do KYC please do a lot of team research and etc, so that your personal data can be safe
what do we sell our data for? I myself did some KYC and as long as I considered it safe and nothing went wrong I would not question KYC that I did. indeed I had heard that there was an abuse of data from a site that uses KYC from their members for other purposes. but I'm not too troubled. as long as the project I am following goes well, I think everything is safe.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 02:22:07 AM

we have to calculate with its reward value too.personally i will not pass kyc if its value only small amount.i am prefer to keep my document than give it to strenght people.

Right . kyc is serious thing to be consider because our personal identity is at stake here  .  if a bounty pays small i dont think its worth the risk  but if a bounty pays huge rewards ( for example : 200 usd and up ) i think its already worth to do  but the only problem is that most bounty campaign and airdrops do only pays with their own token and their tokens is usually unlisted .  how can we identify the value that way  ?    Even the project is good , that wont still be guarantee that they could gather alot of investor.
BennyK

Activity: 672
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2019, 02:34:25 AM

KYC is not a guarantee for the success of a project. "Know your Customer" as the name goes is chiefly for verification purposes thus to eliminate the double and bot entries. It also gives the project a clue on how strong and supportive their actual community is. For this reason, every investor or bounty participant is required to perform a personal study on a project before joining in order to ascertain its authenticity, capabilities and if KYC will be required.

tondenga2122

Activity: 490
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 03:06:25 AM

KYC is not a guarantee for the success of a project. "Know your Customer" as the name goes is chiefly for verification purposes thus to eliminate the double and bot entries. It also gives the project a clue on how strong and supportive their actual community is. For this reason, every investor or bounty participant is required to perform a personal study on a project before joining in order to ascertain its authenticity, capabilities and if KYC will be required.
Absolutely right, there's no way we can determine the success of the project through its verification method.
KYC is only needed to prove that the user is real, not a fake account. And besides that is only for better security.
harrypotpot
Copper Member

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 06:28:58 AM

In that case, you should've provided your KYC in the first place, one characteristic of block chain and cryptocurrency is the anonymity, you should retain that in the beginning and now, project might sell your information and the risk that you have is high. For now, let us focus on obtaining reputation of good projects. Other good projects are getting dragged into the situation.

Stavri

Activity: 980
Merit: 275

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 08:14:25 AM

sharing private informations and passport details is extremely dangerous in this market. i have seen so many id leakages before. the teams sold passport details that they collected. it is very dangerous.
Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 10:15:12 AM

Just try not joining in some bounties that requires KYC. It is being announced usually on all bounties that they are requiring KYC for bounty hunters. It's so bad whenever you do KYC when the project dies because of people that are scammers.
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 10:25:52 AM

Just try not joining in some bounties that requires KYC. It is being announced usually on all bounties that they are requiring KYC for bounty hunters. It's so bad whenever you do KYC when the project dies because of people that are scammers.

Try to avoid bounty campaigns requiring KYC for their participants. You don't even know where your info will end up with. I wonder what they are doing with those collected info for those failed projects. Maybe, sell it to the highest bidder?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: