Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:19:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Am done with KYC  (Read 22078 times)
Isiaka208
Copper Member

Activity: 411
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 09:47:39 PM

This is relatable even though not applicable to all, but you should refrain from giving out your personal information to groups you don't have full knowledge of their genuiness.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
Invigorated

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 10:11:31 PM

Seriously, this issue of KYC has done far more evil than good with a lot of people falling victims to personal abuse, attacks as well as private life encroachment. These days, several of these companies tend to sell out kyc information to the highest bidders which makes it all the more highly risky. Rules governing crypto kyc have to be enacted to forestall any further negative occurrences.
powerman24

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 11:04:03 PM

Do not think that KYC has to do anything with the success of the project. It could be just a coincidence that those project you did KYC failed. I do not believe projects with KYC  are doing data phishing.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄  ▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌
【We produce energy from renewable sources to use it for mining and the blockchain.】
ANN THREADFACEBOOKTWITTERWHITEPAPERYOUTUBE
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 11:14:28 PM

There is one thing I have realized from my experience with KYC for bounties. Almost all the projects I have provided my personal information to them failed to even get listed on exchanges and the project dies off. Surprisingly, those that didn't require KYC paid me and the project is truly developing. My point is, am beginning to think those project requesting hunters to go through KYC are just in for their information to trade and do not have any intentions to develop their crypto project so let's be vigilant about whom we carelessly give our details to, for some peanuts...May God bless our hustle

There is no guaranty that ICO that ask for KYC, can become successful and there is also a guaranty that those who do not ask a KYC will become a failed or scam project, so it's better for you not to undergone KYC to protect yourself since there's a possibility that you can imperil your personal information to a third party.
prayogi

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 11:29:12 PM

I always make sure the bounties that I follow really have good potential, I also have concerns about KYC filling, but I believe that the projects that I follow can maintain the security of the personal data that I provide, indeed not all bounties that require KYC have good prospects, I follow a bounty that requires KYC and that do not require KYC, as long as the bounty has a good project, I will join it.
Sanitough

Activity: 2828
Merit: 673

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 03:17:53 AM

I always make sure the bounties that I follow really have good potential, I also have concerns about KYC filling, but I believe that the projects that I follow can maintain the security of the personal data that I provide, indeed not all bounties that require KYC have good prospects, I follow a bounty that requires KYC and that do not require KYC, as long as the bounty has a good project, I will join it.
Actually for bounties I cannot assure that they can protect our data or they are legit.
Project that are in ICO are new project, they are just taking a journey hoping to be successful, so they could also fail, and when they fail
they already have our data or information and that's the risky part as they can sell it in the black market.

I am just confident in bounty that does not require KYC.
libert19

Activity: 2506
Merit: 943

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2019, 03:27:15 AM

There is one thing I have realized from my experience with KYC for bounties. Almost all the projects I have provided my personal information to them failed to even get listed on exchanges and the project dies off. Surprisingly, those that didn't require KYC paid me and the project is truly developing. My point is, am beginning to think those project requesting hunters to go through KYC are just in for their information to trade and do not have any intentions to develop their crypto project so let's be vigilant about whom we carelessly give our details to, for some peanuts...May God bless our hustle

Are you sure it was okay for you to provide your full identity over the internet with just KYC paying? I think money is not enough if you will going to risk yourself on the crypto community. One of the feature of crypto is the anonymity, and what's the essence of KYC?

For investors it is understandable, as it is to make sure there is no money laundering but for bounty hunters it doesn't make sense.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bellaayu

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 03:40:10 AM

Projects that use KYC don't always work. And you have to be more careful and not easily provide information about your personal data. I also have several projects that have been completed and some have requested to use KYC. And I have finished but until now I have not received a coin.

Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 03:59:44 AM

Actually for bounties I cannot assure that they can protect our data or they are legit.
Project that are in ICO are new project, they are just taking a journey hoping to be successful, so they could also fail, and when they fail
they already have our data or information and that's the risky part as they can sell it in the black market.

It's always been tackled regarding this possible risk after providing your personal information, KYC procedure is really a risky options when joining or
participate to any bounties that required this information to fill in, not unless you are really confident that the project is for real and you carefully investigate
about the team and how they are performing and securing your data.
tetyulfania

Activity: 653

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 04:18:40 AM

If you have pass and done with your KYC just waiting when bounty campaign distribution, many bounty right now needed KYC because to know which one bounty campaign participants using multi account or not.
qomariah95

Activity: 1190

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 05:38:39 AM

This often happened to me before, I also often gave my KYC data to projects that were really not good and after that they did not develop in the project and it could be said that the project was dead. But now I always look at the project first if the project is good going forward, of course I will give my KYC for the requirements of course. Because if you don't do KYC, you certainly won't get payment.

glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 05:46:22 AM

this is an old story that just becomes a mode for people to steal our data,
this is quite dangerous indeed if we do a project that is a scam,
it makes it safer to avoid the Kyc project, because there are still many good projects that don't need kyc.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Mikcik

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 06:08:28 PM

It's always been tackled regarding this possible risk after providing your personal information, KYC procedure is really a risky options when joining or
participate to any bounties that required this information to fill in, not unless you are really confident that the project is for real and you carefully investigate
about the team and how they are performing and securing your data.

In the past, I have seen many bounties are asking the participants to KYC. What before was what few bounties needed, I don't understand why recent bounties require KYC. I find it unnecessary
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 06:22:32 PM

this is an old story that just becomes a mode for people to steal our data,
this is quite dangerous indeed if we do a project that is a scam,
it makes it safer to avoid the Kyc project, because there are still many good projects that don't need kyc.
Just a few bounty hunters who has an aware to makes their identity keep anynomous, most of them just take a short think and joined into bounty campaign quickly without know the project is and don't know about KYC things. Moreover they only know about scam projects that didn't pay to the work that has done by them, didn't know if the project end up to the scam then their identity will use to illegal act and etc.
Ben Shedly

Activity: 242

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 07:24:24 PM

I have long known that the presence of KYC does not guarantee that the bounty campaign will be successful and you will be able to earn good money. Moreover, KYC does not guarantee that a large number of multi-accounts will not take part in the campaign bounty, because documents for KYC can be bought.
That is why it makes no sense for anyone to go through KYC.

Falgorn

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 07:56:19 PM

Most likely your observations are random. It is unlikely that ICO teams create their projects only to announce a KYC check and steal our confidential information. Although I do not exclude the possibility of such isolated cases.
In any case, I firmly believe that it is illegal to conduct a KYC audit in relation to bounty hunters, because we are not investors in these ICO projects and therefore conducting such an audit against us is contrary to the purpose of this audit. In any case, the ICO teams should provide an opportunity for bounty hunters to pass it at the initial stage, and not at the end and not after the completion of the ICO.
burky155

Activity: 532
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 08:10:07 PM

Today nearly all projects requiring KYC procedure from their investors and also their bounty hunters. Mny bounty projects has asked the KYC before sending rewards and they told us there will be no KYC at the beginning. Also the exchanges ask for KYC too, otherwise you can't make withdraw. This is not good, the idea was about the invisibility but know we send our passport to everywhere..

Melo20

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 08:15:30 PM

Kyc is just a waste of time, that is if it's based on bounty,  cos with kyc and the whole stress,  the reward will still be nothing to write home about.. They implement kyc to cheat hunters,  cos most countries don't have ID too..  Kyc in crypto is definitely a scam, if it can be ruled out of crypto space,  really it will be perfect...  And Like you have said,  am done with kyc also ...
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2019, 08:17:25 PM

Kyc is just a waste of time, that is if it's based on bounty,  cos with kyc and the whole stress,  the reward will still be nothing to write home about.. They implement kyc to cheat hunters,  cos most countries don't have ID too..  Kyc in crypto is definitely a scam...  And Like you have said,  am done with kyc also ...
For catching the bounty cheaters and investors with multiple accounts KYC is necessary but overdosing the required amount of forcing the customer to pass KYC is not ok in my opinion. Most projects want to clean their database from cheaters with the help of KYC.
Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 09:06:26 PM

I am also very cautious about projects that require KYC. Now this is a fairly common phenomenon, so you should choose very carefully. Just be more selective, not all projects requiring KYC are scams.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: