Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:41:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Am done with KYC  (Read 22078 times)
bangjoe

Activity: 1428
Merit: 689

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 10:58:18 PM

I do not consider that all projects that ask for bounty hunters to do KYC are projects that fail or just want to trade our data, even though our experience is almost the same but I judge that KYC cannot be used as a benchmark that the project will actually pay us or project it was a good project, it made me learn that I still had to be careful or not expect too much even though the project was finished and just left to give us  token reward

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sammyp

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 11:21:11 PM

I have tried several times to avoid bounties which require KYC not just because they may not be successful but for the reason that KYC is meant for customers but not promoters.  If KYC means "know your customer'' then why do bounty hunters have to fill such forms when they are actually not buying anything? Bounty hunters should not have tolerated this KYC thing from the beginning.

███████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ███████
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│     TELEGRAM     │      TWITTER      │       REDDIT       │      MEDIUM      │
siena23

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2019, 01:37:27 AM

For me there are some who require KYC and the project is good. So not all projects that have to be KYC are considered to be failed or bad. All depends on the project itself.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂   https://tecracoin.io  ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
UNITING SCIENTISTS, INVESTORS AND THE BLOCKCHAIN COMMUNITY
Akonobea

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 01:48:54 AM

I share  your frustration bruh, sometimes it's so annoying that you work tiredlessly for a project only to be asked to perform KYC and if you are not able to do it, then they don't pay you the tokens.

Commitments

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 02:25:07 AM

When you pass your KYC just waiting for distributing of your token from bounty campaign, I dislike with bounty campaign needed KYC because is not good safety for our data and afraid use for other way.
coinsycrip09

Activity: 910

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 02:34:38 AM

I also will not go through the KYC procedures, which many people undergo today. I realized that after the next project, which could not or did not collect anything or simply deceived people, our documents just go online and are sold. This is a terrible situation.
It's the baddest thing that we can ever know on what they do with the identities passed to them. Don't passed on KYC if you don't want your identities to be used in some other things.
it's a little creepy, i will also do what you say.
i don't want to make mistakes, just to get a few dollars i have to endanger my identity.

i only do KYC if indeed the project they are working on is a real project and really has a responsible team. difficult indeed to distinguish real and scam a project. but i always see the people who work in it, i hope i'm always lucky and always on a good project.
LiquorBan

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 03:59:44 AM

I think mostly of the projects now requires a KYC procedure,In bounty, airdrops and even the investors needed KYC to participate. And it is still a normal to make a project peaceful, but we have no idea in the future, what are the consequences of submitting a KYC.
dang thi bich thuy

Activity: 381

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 04:14:16 AM

There is one thing I have realized from my experience with KYC for bounties. Almost all the projects I have provided my personal information to them failed to even get listed on exchanges and the project dies off. Surprisingly, those that didn't require KYC paid me and the project is truly developing. My point is, am beginning to think those project requesting hunters to go through KYC are just in for their information to trade and do not have any intentions to develop their crypto project so let's be vigilant about whom we carelessly give our details to, for some peanuts...May God bless our hustle
First I agree with your opinion, KYC exists a lot of issues for us to mention. I think when we confirm KYC will have a very high risk. So before projects that require KYC supply, you should consider it carefully because it can be a double-edged sword to attack you at any time.
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 04:50:28 AM

I have heard about instances in which the bounty manager asked the users to undergo KYC after the campaign ended. While the campaign was ongoing, there was no indication that KYC would be required. But after the coins were listed, the manager informed the participants that if they want the bounty, then they have to undergo the KYC process. In the end, 99% of the participants didn't got their reward.
Yes, KYC checks are in many cases used by unscrupulous ICO teams as a form of fraud in order not to pay to the bounty hunters the tokens they earn. And in this case, they justify non-payment as our guilt - non-compliance with the established deadlines, incorrectly inserted information and, in general, any clues that can be thought up with such a desire.
KYC verification is generally illegal for bounty hunters, since we are not investors.

drumamat

Activity: 1193
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 05:02:41 AM

I have heard about instances in which the bounty manager asked the users to undergo KYC after the campaign ended. While the campaign was ongoing, there was no indication that KYC would be required. But after the coins were listed, the manager informed the participants that if they want the bounty, then they have to undergo the KYC process. In the end, 99% of the participants didn't got their reward.
Yes, KYC checks are in many cases used by unscrupulous ICO teams as a form of fraud in order not to pay to the bounty hunters the tokens they earn. And in this case, they justify non-payment as our guilt - non-compliance with the established deadlines, incorrectly inserted information and, in general, any clues that can be thought up with such a desire.
KYC verification is generally illegal for bounty hunters, since we are not investors.
I on the contrary can provide and tell about many projects which demanded KYC and paid to participants of bounty the tokens.I, of course, are against the participants of the bounty going through the KYC procedure,but if initially you need to go through KYC in the rules of the bounty, then why complain? Just do not participate, that's all.
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2019, 06:04:35 AM

There is one thing I have realized from my experience with KYC for bounties. Almost all the projects I have provided my personal information to them failed to even get listed on exchanges and the project dies off. Surprisingly, those that didn't require KYC paid me and the project is truly developing. My point is, am beginning to think those project requesting hunters to go through KYC are just in for their information to trade and do not have any intentions to develop their crypto project so let's be vigilant about whom we carelessly give our details to, for some peanuts...May God bless our hustle

No offense,  but you picked up by your own the projects you considered good options to invest at least your time.

I participated into a lot of bounties, many have required KYC, but some of them paid really well. You should just be more careful when choosing the projects. It has nothing to do with KYC.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Sanitough

Activity: 2828
Merit: 673

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 06:06:31 AM

I on the contrary can provide and tell about many projects which demanded KYC and paid to participants of bounty the tokens.I, of course, are against the participants of the bounty going through the KYC procedure,but if initially you need to go through KYC in the rules of the bounty, then why complain?

We all want it simple, we just do the task and receive the reward, that's it.
But as the crypto space is evolving, some rules are change so we need to adopt if we want to continue to be a bounty hunter.

Just do not participate, that's all.

Some bounties are scam, at first they don't tell about KYC so they can attract more participants, but after the ICO they will start to require KYC,
ParabellumLite

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 07:23:50 AM

First I agree with your opinion, KYC exists a lot of issues for us to mention. I think when we confirm KYC will have a very high risk. So before projects that require KYC supply, you should consider it carefully because it can be a double-edged sword to attack you at any time.

I see the bounties asking KYC participants to be good projects. They are serious about their bounty, and the number of tokens for bounty is not too much, from that we can see it's feasible to participate with KYC
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 07:26:46 AM

It doesn't make sense how many KYC implemented projects are fooling participants, I've stop joining any bounties that wants KYC because I haven't seen any that paid me,when KYC was first introduced I used to join projects thinking that KYC implemented is another source of guaranteed projects and I was totally wrong

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
Seeker#9

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 07:42:41 AM

KYC is required by law in some countries so those companies that are based in this countries need to follow the regulations that imposed by their government. ICOs that came from this companies will naturally follow the requirements by their government in order to be approved. If a bounty campaign requires a kyc, it is better to make a research on the company that launching the ICO before joining it and find if the coin they offering has a potential to grow inthe future.
shadowdio

Activity: 1876
Merit: 289

Zawardo

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 12:30:49 PM

Passing KYC doesn't mean that the bounty is legit or the ICO. I never join the bounty that needs KYC, it is really risky to pass our personal information to them so next time don't join bounty that requires KYC.
pant-79

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 12:44:14 PM

I think it is not necessary to draw hasty conclusions. Yes, indeed, some projects are unfair, but not all. Especially if the project initially warns that it will be necessary to pass a KYC plus you understand that the project is perspective, then I consider participation in it quite acceptable.
It is another matter when projects put forward such a condition only after the bounty campaign has been completed or comes to an end. Then it is  bad sign.
funnec

Activity: 149
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 12:48:01 PM

The issue of KYC is something that we need to be very careful about because you might just be selling yourself unknowingly by giving out your identity.
vin1103

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 12:54:45 PM

well, if that bounty you not sure why you join, and i think KYC is the rules for some bounty campaign like translator, signature, media, and article i think fill the KYC is still worth it, but not for airdrop

D U C A T U S      ◥          Designed for Usability    | BUY DUC
[     ◾ (D) Ducatus Coin (DUC)  ◾ (X) DucatusX (DUCX)    ]
DOWNLOAD WHITEPAPER         /   ◼ twitterfacebook
mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 01:17:49 PM

well, if that bounty you not sure why you join, and i think KYC is the rules for some bounty campaign like translator, signature, media, and article i think fill the KYC is still worth it, but not for airdrop
Providing Kyc to a bounty campaign is must to be careful about since there are many project collecting documents but some ends up no value and no exchange. This is we have to be check before joining since our personal data exposed when submitting kyc.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: