Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:35:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Am done with KYC  (Read 22075 times)
IPVPIRL

Activity: 192
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 01:59:25 PM

I avoid any project asking for ID's passports,photos and other documents. The only reason they do KYC is to sell the information. Nothing else.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Malsetid

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 03:47:42 PM

Now many projects unexpectedly decide that their members are required to go through KYS. Why does a Bounty project want to have Bounty member documents? He is not an investor, but a person who helps promote a project. . And the funny thing is, payments from Bounty projects are very small today? Why provide personal information for these pennies?

It all just depends on whether it's okay for a bounty hunter to provide their information. I think if you'd ask any logical person about it, it's really not worth the risk in your security for a couple of tokens that would most likely have neglectable value, if it would have any value at all. It's like freely compromising your private information for spoils and crumbs.

▄▄██████▄▄                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
        ▄██████████████▄           ▄▄███████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████▄       ▄████████████████████▄
     █████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄   ▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
   ███████▀        ▀█████▀ ▄███████████▀       ▀████████
  ▄█▄█████▀           ▀█▀ ▄███████████▀          ▀███████▌
▄█████▄███              ▄███████████▀             ███████▌
  ▀█▀█████▄           ▄███████████▀ ▄▄           ▄███████▌
   ███████▄        ▄███████████▀ ▄████▄        ▄████████
     █████████▄▄▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████████
      ▀████████████████████▀     ▀████████████████████▀
       ▀███████████████▀▀         ▀████████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀▀
.CryptoMania.            ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▐██████████▄▄██▌
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████████████▄▄ ████████████  ▄█████████████▄▄
▐███████████▌  █████████▀█████████
 ██▀▀ ██████ ▄████████▌▀▀ ▄███████▌
     ██████▐█████████  ▄███████▀▀
    ▐█████████████████▄███████
    ████████████████████████
    ▐████████████████████████
   ▄███▄▐███  ▄█████▄███████▄███▄
  ▐██ ██▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███ ▐██ ██
   ▀███▄▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███  ▀███▄
   ██▄█▀▐█████▀█████▀  ███  ██▄█▀

.The Real Slots.........
.Experience on-chain.

$

$
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2019, 03:59:33 PM

So what does this mean?that those who asked for KYC is scammers and only gathering details of participants to use for their personal interest
Maybe they will use for social.media groups or for email details to gathers.money from dev who are looking for real person subscribers

What you said is always a possibility, but we can't generalize them all. At least some of the ICOs ask for genuine KYC information, as it is mandatory in those countries where they are based (South Korea is an example). But it is irritating when some campaigns never mention about the KYC in the start and then make that mandatory to receive the rewards.
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 04:03:45 PM

There is one thing I have realized from my experience with KYC for bounties. Almost all the projects I have provided my personal information to them failed to even get listed on exchanges and the project dies off. Surprisingly, those that didn't require KYC paid me and the project is truly developing. My point is, am beginning to think those project requesting hunters to go through KYC are just in for their information to trade and do not have any intentions to develop their crypto project so let's be vigilant about whom we carelessly give our details to, for some peanuts...May God bless our hustle
You will change your opinion again when you will be pushed into KYC or not receiving tokens. You will never choose the second option when you will see that other people are positive about the project, people are always manipulated by mass behavior.

IPVPIRL

Activity: 192
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 08:14:06 PM

So what does this mean?that those who asked for KYC is scammers and only gathering details of participants to use for their personal interest
Maybe they will use for social.media groups or for email details to gathers.money from dev who are looking for real person subscribers

What you said is always a possibility, but we can't generalize them all. At least some of the ICOs ask for genuine KYC information, as it is mandatory in those countries where they are based (South Korea is an example). But it is irritating when some campaigns never mention about the KYC in the start and then make that mandatory to receive the rewards.

This happens a lot and it is infuriating. Totally scam behaviour. Changing the rules during or after bounty means the project wanted free publicity all along, as they know not even 10% will go through the procedure. If this happens it is a major red flag and even people that are used to go through the procedure of KYC for bounties, shouldn't sent anything and better consider they lost the time/effort invested.
amonymous

Activity: 1177
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 08:32:31 PM

Almost that far unless they took the decision for kyc on the project, But it is announced when the bounty ends. So kyc for bounty hunter I do not agree. But if kyc is needed for bounty hunter individually then it should be announced at the beginning of the bounty.
sandgluenick

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 09:14:17 PM

So far, I see KYC still being a serious consideration in a project because many people experience failure in it, so we always wonder whether KYC is good or vice versa and most people say no. KYC is a matter of personal data for processes or conditions for participating in a project but given that a large number of scammers must be vigilant because in the Cryptocurrency world we collaborate with foreigners.
JCviggen

Activity: 1260
Merit: 505

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 09:44:28 PM

Almost that far unless they took the decision for kyc on the project, But it is announced when the bounty ends. So kyc for bounty hunter I do not agree. But if kyc is needed for bounty hunter individually then it should be announced at the beginning of the bounty.
Why are you afraid of KYC at the end of the bounty campaign? what's the difference? if you honestly do your job and do not use multi accounts then you should not be afraid

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars
doycku

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 07:34:04 PM

Why are you afraid of KYC at the end of the bounty campaign? what's the difference? if you honestly do your job and do not use multi accounts then you should not be afraid
I once participated in Desico's Bounty and I had difficulty providing passport information.  The fact is that I do not have a passport, but I have a residence permit, but not every bounty campaign can approve this document.  Actually, this document is a real and legal identity not only in my country, but also abroad, but many bounty companies do not agree with this, such as Desico.  I lost my reward because I could not get past the kyc at the end of the Bounty companies.  Here is one example of those Why managers should warn about passing KYC at the very beginning of a Bounty company.
InGODweTrast3

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 07:44:44 PM

They receive a reward to collect the maximum KYC, and then exchange your data in the darknet, we are often deceived and there is not any defense mechanism!
Rogkim1

Activity: 262
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 07:47:49 PM

I also came across many bounty campaigns where I had to go through the KYC, but none of them had paid their money.
Therefore, they are probably scammers and I do not advise you to get involved with them no matter how much money you are offered for the job.
Inosend
Copper Member

Activity: 299
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2019, 07:50:49 PM

There is one thing I have realized from my experience with KYC for bounties. Almost all the projects I have provided my personal information to them failed to even get listed on exchanges and the project dies off. Surprisingly, those that didn't require KYC paid me and the project is truly developing. My point is, am beginning to think those project requesting hunters to go through KYC are just in for their information to trade and do not have any intentions to develop their crypto project so let's be vigilant about whom we carelessly give our details to, for some peanuts...May God bless our hustle
well it's your options and opinion,  even most bounties that don't ask for kyc still don't pay so what's the difference? I hate people coming here to show their ignorant without Making proper investigation before coming here to rant

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
prof7bit

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

https://youengine.io/

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2019, 08:50:06 PM

I do not like this process, the fact that it takes a lot of my time. I do not want to prove my worthlessness at such a price, time is very valuable now!

SlimShadyMmp

Activity: 1470
Merit: 103

COMBO 2.0

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2019, 09:44:12 PM

my problem with some of them is they will never mention anything KYC until the last day when you go to make report or check spreadsheet you just be greeted with Team decided KYC I mean if there will be KYC make mention first not on the last day Thats kinda really annoying I dont do Bounties where KYC is required First and when is asked at the end of the bounty i just forfeit my work I see bounties KYC as waste of time

jpnl0008

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 09:47:37 PM

i believe that the idea design for the blockchain space does not have any room for the creation of kyc as it is strictly on anonymous codes of cryptography but the whole kyc thing has modified most of its system and now people are actually done with it all
ije07

Activity: 1414
Merit: 250

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 11:03:11 PM

I don't really understand what they can sell from the bounty hunter's personal data, because I think the majority of bounty hunters are ordinary people, but if that's true then it seems this is a bad thing because this can indeed be misused for things that are wrong and at wrong, but I also can't say that KYC is not important because in my opinion KYC can be a solution to reduce fraud committed by bounty hunters in their campaigns

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
DarkEagleMan

Activity: 84
Merit: 5

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 11:12:20 PM

It is difficult to generalize about it, because not all projects that require KYC are scams, nor all projects that do not require KYC have been successful. However, it is true that we must be very cautious when it comes to providing our online information, although it is really difficult to identify which project will be successful enough in the future to be worth risking to give our personal data. In any case, common sense must always prevail.

△ M!R△CLE TELE (https://miracletele.com/) ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY ▐
3core

Activity: 152

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2019, 12:26:35 AM

I will not join any bounty or project that have KYC has mandatory for bounty participants, I cannot give my personal information out to some strangers, I do not know what there true intentions are so I'll not participate in the project.

ceteris paribus
/ˌkɛtərɪs ˈparɪbʊs/
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2019, 04:02:03 PM

This happens a lot and it is infuriating. Totally scam behaviour. Changing the rules during or after bounty means the project wanted free publicity all along, as they know not even 10% will go through the procedure. If this happens it is a major red flag and even people that are used to go through the procedure of KYC for bounties, shouldn't sent anything and better consider they lost the time/effort invested.

Unfortunately, it happens very frequently here, and even I am a victim of such fraudulent behavior. A change in the rules is needed to eliminate such cheating. First of all, the bounty rewards must be held in escrow by some of the DT members. And in case some user gets disqualified for some reason, then his share must be given to this forum instead of giving it back to the ICO promoters.
evenotto

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 04:09:35 PM

KYC for bounty hunters is bullshit.This is fraud in nature - in fact, people get paid in cryptocurrency, and do not give their fiat money.
besides that, scam projects like to introduce KYC at the end of bounty

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: