Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:45:24 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Am done with KYC  (Read 22082 times)
hulla

Activity: 1834
Merit: 566

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 11:56:39 AM

I think you were just unlucky with that. Many projects that required me to KYC to get tokens paid me everything as expected. It is necessary to analyze the project very carefully and sometimes even after a long participation in the bounty campaign I refused to pass KYC, because the project looked suspicious and looked like a scam.
Firstly, I dont support the act of project owners asking bounty participants to apply for KYC since they are not investors doesn't seems right to me..
Secondly, be carefully in choosing project is not enough for bounty hunters need to be smart enough to understand a seems not right.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
Kemileye

Activity: 573
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 12:12:05 PM

There is one thing I have realized from my experience with KYC for bounties. Almost all the projects I have provided my personal information to them failed to even get listed on exchanges and the project dies off. Surprisingly, those that didn't require KYC paid me and the project is truly developing. My point is, am beginning to think those project requesting hunters to go through KYC are just in for their information to trade and do not have any intentions to develop their crypto project so let's be vigilant about whom we carelessly give our details to, for some peanuts...May God bless our hustle

I also experienced the same thing with some KYCs I have done so far. Most of them are typical waste of time because once they get listed on exchanges, they dump like shit and never recover.

Oikos.cash      Decentralized Finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
     github  ◥ telegram   ◥ twitter   ◥ discord            synthetic asset trading  
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN OIKOS   ❰❰❰                     trustless token exchange  
valuater

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 12:50:49 PM

My experience is that all projects that have requested kyc have not been dead projects, only the first thing I hate from kyc is the payment problem, usually the project I follow offers a small reward, secondly the required documents are quite difficult because some projects request passport and bill, for bill unfortunately I always use online payment so the invoice bill cannot be used for kyc
lesstoothless782

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 03:07:25 PM

I Am done with KYC? If you are experiencing some bounty campaigns that are needed a KYC or know your client I think is because they want to lessen the multiple accounts in the bounty campaigns, because many people are trying to abused the bounty campaigns if they saw that it is a good bounty campaign and have a good whitepapers. If you are done with your KYC it is a good thing because if you already have some ID's to do for KYC you can easily access and join different bounty campaigns and also you can easily access also some cryptocurrency games so that if you already have the access into it you may be able to earn more money by just playing crypto games. It may helps you to access and earn more than the usual earnings that you may get. Because in games you can double your money by just playing, worrying about the security and safeness of the games? It is save as Bitcoin has been recognized as a highly secure currency system and this makes our site a safe place to play.
Ochakemaput

Activity: 483
Merit: 10

terra-credit.com

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2019, 03:12:09 PM

I also experienced the same thing with some KYCs I have done so far. Most of them are typical waste of time because once they get listed on exchanges, they dump like shit and never recover.
You must see the progress of the project and its products. because it's only natural now that after being listed the price of many coins is wasted. but for projects that have good plans, they will grow back in one year. all depends on the planning and progress made by the developer.

► TerraCredit ◄ ♦ TerraCredit - An Effective Alternative To Cash Since 2018 ♦ ► TerraCredit ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂| ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
Xclusive5

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 03:44:49 PM

As a bounty hunter, whenever I see a project that request KYC the next thing is to abandon the project because KYC gives me a lot of headache. I have done some in the past but the result was nothing to write home about when the coin eventually got listed on exchange.

Amejoaquim

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 03:53:15 PM

There is one thing I have realized from my experience with KYC for bounties. Almost all the projects I have provided my personal information to them failed to even get listed on exchanges and the project dies off. Surprisingly, those that didn't require KYC paid me and the project is truly developing. My point is, am beginning to think those project requesting hunters to go through KYC are just in for their information to trade and do not have any intentions to develop their crypto project so let's be vigilant about whom we carelessly give our details to, for some peanuts...May God bless our hustle
You absolutely right most of the project who want the hunters to do kyc maybe they just want to steal our ID and most of the project who required the participant to kyc are failed to develop and the price of that token so cheap (very far from ico price).
anjho.ace

Activity: 371

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 03:56:34 PM

First, you need to go on their website and some group channel if they are requiring investors to do KYC also.
If not then you should worry about it, KYC are meant for those person who are restricted to join.
Also they use it to catch cheaters on the bounty. basic rule! always do your research before do anything on it.
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 03:57:40 PM

There are stillman bounties that never asked for kyc but never sent out payment which I have personal experience about. Stopping kyc is your choice and also you aren't mandated to do kyc or join projects that asks for kycs

I have never joined any project in which KYC was mandatory. I always keep my ID documents confidential and have never sent them to unknown people. And my advise to others is to do the same. Don't get too greedy and risk someone stealing your identity. Once your documents are stolen, you will lose sleep for the rest of your life.  
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 10:16:55 PM

Are you sure it was okay for you to provide your full identity over the internet with just KYC paying? I think money is not enough if you will going to risk yourself on the crypto community. One of the feature of crypto is the anonymity, and what's the essence of KYC?
Well, you've got choices to make and these choices should not be questioned. It is your right to give or hold your personal information. Some ICO requires KYC at the end of the project and you cannot claim your reward of you don't do that. It is really pain in the ass when that happens.
odukoyaewatomi27

Activity: 536
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 10:27:36 PM

I agree with your point,  however they do have a defense that the kyc is a prerequisite from the regulatory bodies, yet I completely concur the contention that kyc should just be important for investors to prevent money laundering, bounty hunters don't fall in investor class they are increasingly similar to advertisers or laborers so they are not legitimately liable to conduct kyc to disclose their identity.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
umbara ardian

Activity: 1344
Merit: 259

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 12:41:30 AM

I don't support KYC, yeah I know that KYC for security for token sale. This kinds of project try to show that their ICOs will be real and where only real consumer.
me too, i don't.
I am very paranoid about KYC . i got someone sell my friend KYC on facebook a month ago for only $10. wtf, i told my friend about this and true he followed ICO to requiring KYC for gettin reward. Not yet become reward till now.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
islafilipina
Copper Member

Activity: 518
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 02:38:23 AM

I think some bounties really require KYC like in regulation in malta that KYC is required but honestly it doesn't bother me to take KYC it takes only couple of minutes  Cheesy
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 02:57:24 AM

I think some bounties really require KYC like in regulation in malta that KYC is required but honestly it doesn't bother me to take KYC it takes only couple of minutes  Cheesy

The time it takes is meaningless. The risk is someone stealing your identity.

I hate doing KYC, even for exchanges. But sometimes it's a necessary evil ... at least with exchanges
the amounts we are talking about are larger.

I would never bother doing it for a bounty that may not even pay out in the end. It's simply not worth the risk.
TheHas

Activity: 616
Merit: 167

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 03:18:48 AM

I would never do KYC at bounty/investing stage of ICO.

Way too much risk in my opinion. Could have issues with identity theft or selling on your information. Even just from a spam perspective it isn't a good idea.

I will only do KYC for projects once they've been set up with a product for at least a year, and even then it is rare.
martabaktelor

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 03:31:57 AM

Probably used to be many bounty projects that do not use KYC. But it can achieve success and the coin can be well developed. Since 2018 I also often find bounty projects using KYC. But I do not directly provide my personal data. I had to check first for a lot of fake projects.
mandor

Activity: 1638
Merit: 260

Trphy.io

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2019, 03:50:51 AM
Last edit: May 23, 2019, 04:19:20 AM by mandor

almost all ICO projects currently require KYC and it seems that it is indeed mandatory do to get a prize, in fact the success of a project is not from KYC but from a team that always provides progress from the project. sometimes projects that is do not require KYC that can provide benefits but not all project is like that, and projects that require KYC also do not guarantee success.

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
NightMar_1St

Activity: 309
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 03:52:03 AM

It's not exactly as you say. there are many ico that catch kyc and they still thrive. It is clear that you choose bad ico projects and do not smile at you
TopT3ns

Activity: 2604
Merit: 572

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 04:05:47 AM

I would never do KYC at bounty/investing stage of ICO.

Way too much risk in my opinion. Could have issues with identity theft or selling on your information. Even just from a spam perspective it isn't a good idea.

I will only do KYC for projects once they've been set up with a product for at least a year, and even then it is rare.
For now to find project that have real product is too hard. Even we can find it, not really guarantee if that is a good project because i already get some in my country. Not want to mention about project, it is hyped and get hardcap very fast. In market, it is not really good.

qomariah95

Activity: 1190

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 04:18:29 AM

It's not exactly as you say. there are many ico that catch kyc and they still thrive. It is clear that you choose bad ico projects and do not smile at you
Doing KYC is not really a bad thing. It seems that you say there are still many projects that do KYC. And it all depends on the project, for example now is Bcnex. Bcnex requires its participants to do KYC and that I have done because this project has very good sales.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: