Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:48:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Am done with KYC  (Read 22078 times)
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 06:29:55 PM

I also feel what you feel, because I also feel uncomfortable by spreading my personal identity on KYC bounty, even though the bounty is a success, but it has become an obligation now, for the positive and avoiding bounty hunter cheating. my advice is wiser in choosing bounty, must be trusted
Bounty hunter usually avoids passing the required KYC due to the mentioned problems caused by the cheaters and fraud teams. Trusted exchanges can ask my personal identity condiments if I have the intention to participate in the IEO. Uncomfortable questions are asked and they want to know my annual income, my daily job and more.
jagaban
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 8

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 08:28:16 PM

Nobody likes to perform KYC. Even the project devs. It is unfortunate but that is just what is required for these crypto projects to operate in their various countries. It is just part of the law requirements there. So don't let the kyc requirements of a project deter you from missing out on it. You don't know if it will be the project that will lead you to your lambo

Christinebeauty
Copper Member

Activity: 420
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 22, 2019, 05:35:27 PM

After collecting all those information, all that you are being given in exchange is some useless tokens which has no value on the market. Surprisingly, all the good coins I have earned from bounties never requested for kyc but those who requested are now dead projects

Torps1

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
August 22, 2019, 05:57:00 PM

It is quite unfortunate that what was supposed to be anonymous has turned otherwise by providing confidential information and now becoming the norm.

Sadly, the rewards for majority of the project is not worth it. KYC is just another way of stealing information from hunters by some fraudulent team, only few are genuine.
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
August 22, 2019, 06:08:36 PM

There is one thing I have realized from my experience with KYC for bounties. Almost all the projects I have provided my personal information to them failed to even get listed on exchanges and the project dies off. Surprisingly, those that didn't require KYC paid me and the project is truly developing. My point is, am beginning to think those project requesting hunters to go through KYC are just in for their information to trade and do not have any intentions to develop their crypto project so let's be vigilant about whom we carelessly give our details to, for some peanuts...May God bless our hustle

There is definitely a threat, and it does mean we have to be more careful of those that request KYC. However whilst probably all or most scams will require KYC in order to sell the data, there are also some legitimate projects that want it too in order that they stay the right side of the law. So KYC doesn't always mean scam... but certainly sometimes that is the case.
gunhell16

Activity: 1708
Merit: 492

View Profile
August 22, 2019, 06:21:37 PM

My point is, am beginning to think those project requesting hunters to go through KYC are just in for their information to trade and do not have any intentions to develop their crypto project

I don't think of everything like that, all back to the project itself.
Warning. before give a personal identity to another party, think first. I see many people give their identity easy, only because for ($5/$10)

I did KYC for the BITEX campaign, i did it because the project is successful and already on exchange.
KYC is required to some project and i will do it if it is required with the investors also.
But it is not meant that i will provide KYC in every project, it will depend on what it is and their development and situation. will never do that for some dimes.,

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Jpti

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2019, 07:10:27 AM

We cannot trust any cryptocurrency project easily and we cannot give them our KYC information. Reports say that our KYC information maybe misused for personal interest, which is very dangerous. So for me, I often stay away from providing KYC information to any projects until I research to find the project is legit or not. So we must be vigilant.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
FLHippy

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 23, 2019, 07:31:54 AM

I am afraid of KYC process because think about this situation: You will receive a big payment for example 1 BTC to your address from person you do not know, now what to do? If you are sure that you are 100% hidden you can enjoy it, but if someone could connect your KYC with this address, you have a problem.

WHALES HEAVEN
Custody-free Swapping Platform
◈  ────────  Reddit ⬝  BountyWebsiteTelegramTwitterGitHub  ────────  ◈
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 23, 2019, 08:12:22 AM

I did KYC for the BITEX campaign, i did it because the project is successful and already on exchange.
KYC is required to some project and i will do it if it is required with the investors also.
But it is not meant that i will provide KYC in every project, it will depend on what it is and their development and situation. will never do that for some dimes.,

People need to learn how to be selective, where to leave KYC info and where to avoid doing that. Some project requires KYC, I was in a couple of successful ICO`s where I needed KYC done. But with some projects I didn`t want to get more involved, when something looks fishy I don`t participate, even less I don`t leave my personal information.
It always depends on many factors, people should evaluate the situation and only then to make a decision about what`s the best thing to do. Never leave your personal info for dimes, that`s a piece of good advice for newbies.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
andika2018

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 23, 2019, 08:17:48 AM

We cannot trust any cryptocurrency project easily and we cannot give them our KYC information. Reports say that our KYC information maybe misused for personal interest, which is very dangerous. So for me, I often stay away from providing KYC information to any projects until I research to find the project is legit or not. So we must be vigilant.

I agree we must agree to be vigilant when sending personal data. For some airdrops that require KYC, I better not participate because airdrops usually provide a small token value. In bounties that require KYC, we have to do research first because many projects end up scam
nwosuchristabe2
Copper Member

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 07:00:41 PM

The informations I've been hearing lately about what is being done with our kyc information submitted in good faith to projects, I doubt if it can continue submitting my personal information henceforth. Any project that doesn't want to employ bounty hunters without the kyc information should keep their tokens.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 07:19:43 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2019, 01:42:27 AM by PuertoLibre

The informations I've been hearing lately about what is being done with our kyc information submitted in good faith to projects, I doubt if it can continue submitting my personal information henceforth. Any project that doesn't want to employ bounty hunters without the kyc information should keep their tokens.
The bounty hunting theory requires to take care of the bounty conditions without second-order conditions. KYC can be requested by the proven exchanges, the team with solid working portfolio but it is dangerous to send the personal documents for the projects that launches the first crypto project in the blockchain ecosystem.  The information used by the bounty hunters is not original, by the way. Teams don't want to give away their hard work in the form of the token, asking KYC is fair enough. But my personal opinion with the KYC will not change the situation, hope the average option will be good for the both parties.
Jolly.Roger

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 07:38:32 PM

The bounty hunting philosophy requires to take care of the bounty conditions without second-order conditions. KYC can be requested by the proven exchanges, the team with solid working portfolio but it is dangerous to send the personal documents for the projects that launches the first crypto project in the blockchain ecosystem.
If possible, no one should trust their data. Known repeated data breaches and with the top exchanges.

⛊⛊⛊⛊⛊⛊  [ TRUSTEE ] MOБИЛЬHЫЙ MУЛЬTИBAЛЮTHЫЙ КPИПTO-КOШEЛEК  ⛊  XPAHEHИE/OБMEH/CASHBACK  ⛊⛊⛊⛊⛊⛊
https://trustee.deals/link/1MDZkOTA
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 07:39:06 PM

It`s up to services we use, some of them ask for KYC and some not. What can we do about it? If we want to use it
we must do KYC!
   I`m not done with KYC. I would like that, but due government regulations across the world, services will have to have
it, or they will not be able to do business. That can`t be changed.
   What we can do is to try to find alternatives in decentralized anonymity coins.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 08:41:10 PM

you must have been frustrated by the experience,sorry! i know KYC does not mean harm, although i experienced it. i was too and happy too but i cautioned myself incase i'm not doing it rightly or i'm not submitting it in proper hand,. that's actually why i have been dudging KYC projects.I have not been able to prove how helpful the KYC has really been . 
EmmaBen

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 08:42:55 PM

I understand your point and I can't fault you. With the recent revelations about how kyc documents of people put there are sold on the dark Web for pennies, releasing documents for any purpose is now questionable since we actually have no idea where these documents may end up. This is one of the major source for identity theft online and it happens without you actually knowing.
Azuliand

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 08:53:26 PM

There is one thing I have realized from my experience with KYC for bounties. Almost all the projects I have provided my personal information to them failed to even get listed on exchanges and the project dies off. Surprisingly, those that didn't require KYC paid me and the project is truly developing. My point is, am beginning to think those project requesting hunters to go through KYC are just in for their information to trade and do not have any intentions to develop their crypto project so let's be vigilant about whom we carelessly give our details to, for some peanuts...May God bless our hustle
Bounty now generally come across some scams, I would not recommend to pass kyc, due to the fact that your documents can fall into the wrong hands and scammers will use them for their own purposes.

[ EFT ] EASY FEEDBACK TOKEN [ EFT ] YOUR FEEDBACK MOVES THE WORLD (https://www.easyfeedbacktoken.io/en)
laskybok

Activity: 315

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 09:05:31 PM

Cryptocurrency was originally not designed to obtain KYC. I think KYC started with exchanges and even at the initial stage, it was not mandatory, since those who could not pass it were allowed to withdraw certain amount, I.e, there was limitation in withdrawal. However, we started seeing projects who ask for KYC and most of them turn out to be scam. Which means we must be careful when giving out our personal details.
acepro

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 09:14:46 PM

I just got back in bounty campaign, and I realize now there are a lot of projects that tell the hunters to do kyc, but the rewards given are not much, if I find bounties like that it's better I don't follow them and choose to follow bounties that don't need to do kyc although the reward offered is small but it's safer in my opinion and doesn't make us lose.
Starfranko

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 09:29:27 PM

Your suspicion might not be totally wrong considering that most of the projects I was involved that requested for kyc almost always ended as pure trash. None got listed in any exchange
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: