Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:16:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Protecting Your Computer?  (Read 1481 times)
sirohige

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 04:02:23 PM

just don't click suspicious link and don't download any program on a random/un-trusted website. there is no perfect protection just remember prevention is better than cure.
That is right prevention is better than cure. I think usually why the other computer hack by the hackers because they click the link who are pishing link thag cause to their computer to hack and they got all the information that they have. Make sure trusted link only that yoh click you must be watchful.
some time ago I had experienced something like this, the computer that I had was infected with a virus when I made a transaction to the wallet that I had I forgot to issue my account, so the assets that I had vanished and were stolen by hackers who hacked my computer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 04:04:50 PM

I am not just protecting my computer but the whole cryptocurrency inside it.
I do have 2 computers, one is for the cryptocurrency only and one with the other stuff.
Even though it is for cryptocurrency i always make sure that every downloads i make is safe. every link i will visit is legit.
Nivelir

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 04:07:01 PM

Computer protection is a very important part in our life with you. We have already come to the conclusion that today computer protection is as important as the protection of your personal life.
anobtc

Activity: 1176
Merit: 12

Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2019, 04:21:07 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2019, 05:31:36 PM by anobtc

I used Licensed windows and software, and just use windows defender as a defaul antivirus program. And never click on wrong link or unknown source software on the internet.

Finding a local Moderator and Translator?
View My Portfolio and feel free to contact me if you need! 😉
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 04:24:15 PM

It is nothing new in crypto sphere that hackers are trying their best to earn easy money by gaining access to other's account or wallet by phishing or hacking. That is why as a user it is our responsibility to secure our wallet and computer by protecting all important details by installing necessary software to protect our computer from such activities.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 04:27:30 PM

just don't click suspicious link and don't download any program on a random/un-trusted website. there is no perfect protection just remember prevention is better than cure.
That is right prevention is better than cure. I think usually why the other computer hack by the hackers because they click the link who are pishing link thag cause to their computer to hack and they got all the information that they have. Make sure trusted link only that yoh click you must be watchful.
some time ago I had experienced something like this, the computer that I had was infected with a virus when I made a transaction to the wallet that I had I forgot to issue my account, so the assets that I had vanished and were stolen by hackers who hacked my computer.
We are not really free from those badass, they are just keep rounding around trying to find new victims, we need to have extra precautions, needs to  add more knowledge and keep yourself updated from any thing around, antivirus and all those tools which is needed to prevent hackers to penetrate our computers,with good knowledge also you can be more wiser choosing site to visit and allow only those who's already trusted before opening or downloading any files.
19Nov16

Activity: 1722
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 04:56:26 PM

When we go online, there are many malicious programs that want to corrupt or steal data from a PC, now I use Windows 10 and activate the security feature, namely Windows defender so that it always prevents malicious programs.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

dizzy1996

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

MoonDeFi

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 04:57:57 PM

If we are talking about the security of your personal computer, it is necessary to understand that the operating system has nothing to do with it all depends on you, since it is you who install questionable programs and the protection system of your computer will not help here.

► MoonDefi ◄ ♦ Decentralised Protocol For Automated Liquidity ♦ ► MoonDefi ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit
CryptoLogo

Activity: 656
Merit: 251

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 05:30:33 PM

On my work computer is the Linux operating system. I think this is a basic level of security. The Windows operating system has too many "holes".

Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 05:50:01 PM

Since there is no way your PC can be 100% secure, the best solution will still be that you should use hardware wallets to protect your asset.
There are times you might not be able to prevent attacks by malware, because new ones are being developed almost every time. So you just have to keep updating your PC with with anti-malware, which I feel might be strenuous and not effective.
spike420211

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 06:22:38 PM

I myself only use antivirus avast to protect my computer, there are no other programs, my advice is that we better download programs that are clear and from well-known webs so that we avoid dangerous viruses

To protect your computer does not even need an antivirus, all that is needed is your attentiveness, and inquisitiveness to the resources that you visit. Your task is to avoid all dubious and always create bookmarks of safe places, it will save you from any threat.
levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 02:18:14 AM

Besides making sure not to download the wrong programs that can be fake programs like fake wallets and not clicking on links, what other important things should you do to protect your computer?  Yes i know you should not put crypto in it but even those who have hardware wallets, some coins cannot be put in the hardware wallet and you need to put it on its own wallet you install or in an exchange. 

First off, does everyone here put a password on their computer?  I read the windows password is completely useless.  But does anyone here use veracrypt or a program where you must enter a password on your computer before you can log in?  Because i read cases where a hacker if they have access to your laptop can put a virus, trojan, keylogger in your computer... then shut down your computer and if you never knew someone accessed your computer, well anything you type on it can be visible to the hacker.  Of course this requires someone smart to have physical access to your laptop.  Thus if they take your laptop, well even if they put a trojan on it, well as long as you don't type your stuff on it, thats fine.

Can someone tell me what program they use to password protect their laptop?  I do not do this as i heard this process is not that simple.  I heard there is either veracrypt or bitlocker.  Are those the only 2 options or best 2 options?  If so, which do you choose and with it, does that mean a thief with access to your laptop cannot get into your laptop and store anything in it like trojan unless they have the password?  Because say someone installed a trojan in your laptop while you are not there for a bit... let say its just a friend who did it b/c they know you have crypto... that is dangerous.  Any advice here? 

Just don't save your passwords or other confidential data of your wallet in your PC.
Store the backups in somewhere safe and different place from your pc or notebook.
Using offline device is more secure, or using a device that you use it very rare to avoid getting exposed by viruses.
Kencha77

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 02:31:33 AM

In my opinion, it would be better if you have an hardware wallet to store your cryptos. This is a better solution since you would know when there is a transaction happening or not because all the operation is executed on the device itself and you will manually open agree whether you accept or not the transaction happening. Since, you always use your PC online everytime you can't refrain yourself from downloading contents you see online.
djuragan

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 02:43:18 AM

Besides making sure not to download the wrong programs that can be fake programs like fake wallets and not clicking on links, what other important things should you do to protect your computer?  Yes i know you should not put crypto in it but even those who have hardware wallets, some coins cannot be put in the hardware wallet and you need to put it on its own wallet you install or in an exchange. 

First off, does everyone here put a password on their computer?  I read the windows password is completely useless.  But does anyone here use veracrypt or a program where you must enter a password on your computer before you can log in?  Because i read cases where a hacker if they have access to your laptop can put a virus, trojan, keylogger in your computer... then shut down your computer and if you never knew someone accessed your computer, well anything you type on it can be visible to the hacker.  Of course this requires someone smart to have physical access to your laptop.  Thus if they take your laptop, well even if they put a trojan on it, well as long as you don't type your stuff on it, thats fine.

Can someone tell me what program they use to password protect their laptop?  I do not do this as i heard this process is not that simple.  I heard there is either veracrypt or bitlocker.  Are those the only 2 options or best 2 options?  If so, which do you choose and with it, does that mean a thief with access to your laptop cannot get into your laptop and store anything in it like trojan unless they have the password?  Because say someone installed a trojan in your laptop while you are not there for a bit... let say its just a friend who did it b/c they know you have crypto... that is dangerous.  Any advice here? 
All i do to prevent me from getting infected by a virus or any other malicious software is, by installing an antivirus, and actively scanning my computer ever several days. and also doing something that you mentioned, that is not to install any suspicious software or accessing untrusted website.

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▐▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▐▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▐▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌  ▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▓▓▓▌    ▀▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌        ▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓              ▐▓▓▓
      ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
.Money Transfer and Investment.
...Instagramhugeb Facebook hugeb Twitter hugeb Youtube ...

█▄                                     ▄▄▌
     ██▄██▄▄                                ▄███▄█
     ▀▀█▄█▄██▌▀▄                       ▄▄█▀█ ▄███▀
     ▐█▄█▀▀█▀██▄█▀▄                 ▄█▀█▄██▐▀▀█▄▄█
       ▀▀█████▀█████▄              ██▌███▀█████▀▀
      ██▀█████████ ██▄▄▄▄██▄▄█▄█▄▄█████▄▄▀█▄█████▀
     ▐████ ▄▄██████▐███▀▀▀████▀▀▀███▄██████▄▄▀████
       ▀ ███▄█████████▐▄▀▀   ▐█▀▐▐██████▀█▄███▀▀▀      ▌
       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▐█▀█▄ ▀  █▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
          ▄██▐█▀ █▀██▄██▌      ██ ▄█▄▐█ ▀█▐█▄
              ▄█▐ ▀▀▀▐ █ ▌█▀█▌▌▐██ ▀▀ ▀▐█▄
                      ▀▐ █ █▄▄▌▐
                       ▄ ▄██▐█
                    ▄██▌▄  ▄  ▀▄▀██
                     ▄████ ▌███▀██
                       ██▌█▌█▌██▌   
                          ▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JOIN OUR VISION TODAY
FOR A BETTER WORLD TOMORROW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
     █   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ██████
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
     █              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
dmzworld
Copper Member

Activity: 178
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2019, 02:51:46 AM

There are lots of ways by which our computer systems can be hijacked through hacking. Some of these things include malware, virus, password licking, and so on. The truth is as one solution is coming out for any vulnerability, another loop hole will be out as well then expert start looking for another solutions to them again and this is how the circle runs.
Let's continue to stay protected always and not relent!
hd49728
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2019, 04:02:53 AM

My advice is:
Dedicating computer or laptop (not mobile devices), that only be used of only limited purposes:
- Using your bitcointalk account.
- Trading on well known exchanges.
- Downloading, installing wallets from well known coins from official websites.
- Preparing Internet Security softwares (still have active license key).
That's all you need to protect your computers.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 04:14:25 AM

My advice is:
Dedicating computer or laptop (not mobile devices), that only be used of only limited purposes:
- Using your bitcointalk account.
- Trading on well known exchanges.
- Downloading, installing wallets from well known coins from official websites.
- Preparing Internet Security softwares (still have active license key).
That's all you need to protect your computers.
Great advice but if you want to be fully secured, don't use internet at all. This is serious, I am planning to have a laptop at least the cheapest one just to store my coins and never to connect it into any internet connection. Its a must to be wise, we have more reason to protect our wallet so the hackers will never see any chance on touching our precious coins. My advice is to back up everything and use all the security features of the wallet.
cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 04:47:48 AM

Just do this thing:
Never visit an unknown website nor downloading any applications from it. Also make use of your bookmark page, to prevent you from visiting the wrong domains.

With just that, you have already prevented unnecessary problems in the future. In fact, staying on your trusted website isnt that bad, as for it has been already tested, the features and its security. No need to take risks.

And if you're still at it, make sure to do a research first before clicking the website.
calandra78
Copper Member

Activity: 840
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 04:54:12 AM

Can someone tell me what program they use to password protect their laptop?  I do not do this as i heard this process is not that simple.  I heard there is either veracrypt or bitlocker.  Are those the only 2 options or best 2 options?  If so, which do you choose and with it, does that mean a thief with access to your laptop cannot get into your laptop and store anything in it like trojan unless they have the password?  Because say someone installed a trojan in your laptop while you are not there for a bit... let say its just a friend who did it b/c they know you have crypto... that is dangerous.  Any advice here?
i dont know how bitlocker work even i never use it. searching on github and found https://github.com/elceef/bitlocker
you can test it and check it to be sure that's safe.

torjan become when you click any strange website or use other flashdisk you don't cleaning at anti virus. any how dont trust website when you gt it from email, because i did in the past, when click website got from email and my pc got already trojan
Coin-Desk

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 07:37:03 AM

Yes, it is very important to protect the computer. Because our computer has much important information. We also keep Cryptocurrency stored on our desktop wallet. Now if our computer is not protected, then hackers can hack our computer at any time. So, I think, to keep the computer safe in all cases, a password must be used and check any software before downloading. We also can use Antivirus for computer protection. It is very important to protect the computer nowadays.

Thank you

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: