Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:48:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DO WE REALLY NEED MORE STABLE COINS?  (Read 17386 times)
ePesoInitiative

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 09:29:35 AM

The market will dictate whether we need more stablecoins. In the end, the ones with the most adoption will take dominance in the end. Only time will tell. But this is a free market after all, anybody can take a shot at making new stablecoins.

nutriagrigia

Activity: 1270
Merit: 254

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 09:35:28 AM

The market will dictate whether we need more stablecoins. In the end, the ones with the most adoption will take dominance in the end. Only time will tell. But this is a free market after all, anybody can take a shot at making new stablecoins.
why do they still do. we have some very good stable coins! For what to do even more. people get confused and the market becomes more difficult for everyone

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Teknisi88

Activity: 1050
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 09:42:26 AM

In the crypto world everything can be obtained including coins that can be stable through several promising projects, only now is it very difficult that we also get a truly promising project with stable coins.
Collinberg

Activity: 407
Merit: 14

Collectrix-Bridgin the physical and Virtual worlds

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2019, 10:26:40 AM

There are hundreds of currencies worldwide and there is one fact that we all tend to.forget... 'Stablecoins are not just US Dollar pegged coins".
I want to see an era where stable.coons are available in all conceivable.currency worldwide so that people can transact with stablecoin that matches their local currency in price, I think this would go a long way in boosting worldwide cryptocurrency adoption.

Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 10:33:12 AM

Is it possible to have more stable coins on the crypto market? What would really happen if we get more stable coins on the crypto market, would the volatility reduce?
I think yes, if they comply the needed regulations and they need approval from the regulators, the volatility of cryptocurrency will not reduce since Stable coins aren't really crypto by the law, it will not affect the performance of cryptocurrency.
crzybilly

Activity: 703
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 10:40:24 AM

No we do not, but people that are developing stable coins are earning huge money by bringing such coins on the market. But in my opinion five or six stable coins are more than enough to represent the market conditions.
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 10:55:49 AM

The market has enough coins but there is no convenient attraction for the investors that's why we need to search and receive the new currency is again and again but there is always a huge things waiting for us so using them will be the right area so don't expect new coins.
e@symode

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 03:34:02 PM

I do not see the point in this, although probably if, as usual, to look from the point of view of a situation that would talk about decentralization and competition, then of course we need a lot of similar projects. But still, the community itself decides who and what.
labenea

Activity: 327
Merit: 1

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 03:40:55 PM

We already have the likes of TrueUSD (TUSD), USD Tether (USDT), Bitcoin Air (USDAP) and other examples of stable coins; we do not need more any longer

But this is a decentralized ecosystem and anyone can come up with another form of token any time

Yes, few tokens are stable that you have said. I think there is no stable coins beside these (TUSD, USDT, USDAP) in coinmarket. Any coin or token is unstable, price are always changeable.
It is true that the market is not regulated and coins can change at any time including what you have mentioned. I think there is no stable coin, the market is always active, investors / traders always buy and sell so there is no stable price movement on the market.

───────     Decentralized Asset-Backed Banking     ───────
██  ███  ██████     TheStandard.io     ██████  ███  ██
pinkpanther03

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 03:51:51 PM

Some friends of mine always lament  that 'we  need more stable coins in the cryptosphere' and I think that is highly achievable looking at the promising prospects that has been achieved by tether. It seems some upcoming projects are also promising to introduce stable coins. Is it possible to have more stable coins on the crypto market? What would really happen if we get more stable coins on the crypto market, would the volatility reduce?

why do we need more stable coin? at the first place cryptocurrency known because of its volatility. most of the investor invest because of it.

I beg to disagree. We need stable coins for cryptocurrency to go mainstream. It would be very hard to achieve if coins are really volatile in nature. As of now, while cryptocurrency is too young, volatility is highly expected. But, as time passes by, we need coins to be stable just like the price of US dollar and gold.
Aligab166

Activity: 194

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 04:22:16 PM

Some friends of mine always lament  that 'we  need more stable coins in the cryptosphere' and I think that is highly achievable looking at the promising prospects that has been achieved by tether. It seems some upcoming projects are also promising to introduce stable coins. Is it possible to have more stable coins on the crypto market? What would really happen if we get more stable coins on the crypto market, would the volatility reduce?
I have often wondered of the need to creating more stable coins. For example, PAX and GUSD were both launched the same day which I believe were both not even necessary since there are already existing stable coins.

●  ●  ●    CryptoMarketAds    ●  ●  ●
►  Democratize Crypto Advertising & Marketing  ◄
Kodok Bencot

Activity: 994
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 05:22:32 PM

If it is stable then it makes people not interested in investing in crypto, I am sure that volatile prices provide an opportunity for us to get big profits, the most important thing is that we understand risk.
Fumzy

Activity: 255

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 06:05:04 PM

Stablecoins will lead us on the road to a positive financial revolution, since it is practically cheaper, easier and more reliable when it comes to exchanging cryptocurrencies instead of using fiat
ujinice

Activity: 574
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 06:12:47 PM

I think it will be enough only one stable coin that is provided any of the backup Fiat money. The number of stable coins will not affect the volatility.
Tomcolor

Activity: 663
Merit: 10

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 06:23:29 PM

In my opinion, it will all expect because of stable trading, it is possible to get more profits by trading. i think which is people do not understand risk moment, they will be good for them to be stable coin.

bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 08:36:21 PM

What are these stablecoins exactly necessary for? For traders and merchants? Traders have already access to fiat money in almost any exchange so they don't really need to buy these coins, and I don't think merchants will be really interested since these coins don't have a big community behind them and they are managed by entities or companies, so they have to trust in those entities.
proTECH77

Activity: 1120
Merit: 30

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 08:56:50 PM

why do they still do. we have some very good stable coins! For what to do even more. people get confused and the market becomes more difficult for everyone

Many at times, people think that coins are not stable but the question is: are we not experiencing or seeing stable coins in the market? the market current price show element of stability, which come to a conclusion that most coin in the market are stable. Categorically, even though not a good choice for the market, we need stablecoins in the market to curb it volatility.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄          bisq.network          ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
<<<<<<<<<<<Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀          DOWNLOAD    N O W           ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
abake

Activity: 555
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 09:58:07 PM

There are already enough stable coins serving its purpose, but more and more keep entering the crypto space. I noticed that institutions/firms including banks who run crypto projects will likely have a stable coin. Well, it gives more assurance with regards the dwindling crypto market, talking about volatility. In my own opinion, the stable coins don't really have any negative effect, they help traders to reduce loss.

[ IQ ]           cash            ▐               THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                          ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
Denton

Activity: 798
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 10:32:35 PM

Crypto is slowly moving towards this. It will be adopted in many countries and many will want to have a stable currency in order to be able to pay it in everyday life. Therefore, perhaps we are waiting for such a future.

crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 10:37:08 PM

Crypto is slowly moving towards this. It will be adopted in many countries and many will want to have a stable currency in order to be able to pay it in everyday life. Therefore, perhaps we are waiting for such a future.
Stable coin can make this market more stable and attract more businesses to adopt. Well, so far there is no stable coin at the moment since we are on the sideways but yes the future is still bright and we can still expect more good coins to come. Shitcoins should also be eliminated for good.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: