Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:10:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AIRDROPS ASKING FOR KYC VERIFICATION  (Read 14223 times)
levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 03:32:33 PM

The issue of KYC always raises questions whose answers are mostly not very discerning to the ears. It is quite unfortunate, I know most crypto enthusiasts are not comfortable giving out their personal information for KYC but there is little we can do about the situation at the moment.  Most of these projects claim they are under a legal jurisdiction where KYC is very important for many business projects. The new trend is increasingly becoming worrisome as many airdrops are even requiring KYC verification from participants.

Lets be clear and smart. How worth is our identification document to be given ?
If it will worth no more than $100, then just forget about it. Airdrops should not request personal information like KYC.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Huntler1993

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 03:46:48 PM

Frankly speaking, airdrops does not deserve the status of KYC. most airdrops worth less than 30 dollars and I wonder why someone will put down his or her identity at this fee. Personally I son't go in for such things since I really value my identity. Just be careful with where you leave your identity
ariyzt

Activity: 602
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2019, 03:54:06 PM

i will just skip if there is airdrop that asking for KYC
different with bounty , airdrop should be something free and easy to get but when you need to complete kyc i dont think that worth to join
coinbirds

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 11:58:14 PM

Airdrops are usually worth of 5-10 $ ICO price and when listing on exchanges their value sometimes end up being worth some pennies.
Doing KYC for airdrops is a nonsense.
I would never participate on those airdrops requiring KYC.
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 12:54:17 AM

The issue of KYC always raises questions whose answers are mostly not very discerning to the ears. It is quite unfortunate, I know most crypto enthusiasts are not comfortable giving out their personal information for KYC but there is little we can do about the situation at the moment.  Most of these projects claim they are under a legal jurisdiction where KYC is very important for many business projects. The new trend is increasingly becoming worrisome as many airdrops are even requiring KYC verification from participants.

Not worth it, it is not convenient and not worth risking  disclosing personal information for a small amount of cryptocurrency.

karagun125

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2019, 05:03:45 AM

I remember couple of years past, kyc or know your customer has nothing to do with the bounty campaigns that we enter. And also even on airdrops, there is no such thing as kyc. Now they are requiring this because of some measures and i think this is not necessary, and only for thise who invest and their staff members that they should require the kyc thing.
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 05:08:39 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2019, 05:45:39 AM by iconoclast

You get airdrops asking for verification simply as a way of preventing people from signing up multiple times to the same airdrop. Despite the many promises nobody has invented a verification method that prevents duplication without giving away people's personal details. Should not really be that hard to do with a blockchain but nobody seems to have managed it yet.  

steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 06:05:12 AM

I always skip this type of airdrop. My identity information is not worth with that airdrop that maybe only have $1-$5 maximum price lol. I never do that. My identity is worth more than that. So guys, think twice before join an airdrop that asking for KYC verification, is it worth or not.
efxtrader

Activity: 924
Merit: 100

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 06:21:50 AM

I always skip this type of airdrop. My identity information is not worth with that airdrop that maybe only have $1-$5 maximum price lol. I never do that. My identity is worth more than that. So guys, think twice before join an airdrop that asking for KYC verification, is it worth or not.

I am agree. Most airdrop give us small amount worth US Dollar. Its better not giving our document for small money and better join in bounty campaign. Airdrop is good to build token community but if the developers team asking document, i am prefer pass and not join

terrific

Activity: 2128
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 06:27:24 AM

Right, you don't have to be a die hard airdropper and exchange your identity with it.
Our identities are even worth it to that.
What if those developers will sell or use our identities for illegal activities?

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

corrado25

Activity: 773

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 06:37:41 AM

Airdrops is not a profitable deal. You will not earn anything on airdops. I say this from your own experience. Well, perhaps 1 out of 100 airdrops will give you $ 5. It's a waste of time. It is not necessary to give your personal data in exchange for absolutely unnecessary tokens

DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 06:42:36 AM

Airdrops is not a profitable deal. You will not earn anything on airdops. I say this from your own experience. Well, perhaps 1 out of 100 airdrops will give you $ 5. It's a waste of time. It is not necessary to give your personal data in exchange for absolutely unnecessary tokens
you are right. I feel that airdrop shouldn't need KYC to get it. well, but it all depends on the project done. well, for me it's not right. however it is everyone's choice. we also cannot forbid other people from using their identities to make a profit

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
Jpt

Activity: 374
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 06:49:40 AM

I am always against the idea of providing my personal identity under any circumstances. So I do not support the idea anyway. I even do not know why projects are requiring personal identity of bounty hunters and traders? I am no longer in a position to give my personal details to anyone just for airdrops. In case of airdrops, some of them are just conducting for other purposes than the required. I have not even received any tokens under airdrop programme so far despite signing up for some.
qomariah95

Activity: 1190

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 07:21:22 AM

KYC for airdrop, of course, everyone doing airdrop has their own conditions. If you can't do KYC, then don't participate in the airdrop. But as I know, most airdrop doesn't do KYC. but the bounty is more frequent. Because it really doesn't make sense if only airdrop has to do kyc.

Thomas-s

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 07:31:12 AM

KYC for airdrop, of course, everyone doing airdrop has their own conditions. If you can't do KYC, then don't participate in the airdrop. But as I know, most airdrop doesn't do KYC. but the bounty is more frequent. Because it really doesn't make sense if only airdrop has to do kyc.

In many air drops, they pay a lot of coins for the KYC procedure, but I still think that for the airdrop, you should not send your data.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET ▬▬▬▬

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
Onika84

Activity: 1554
Merit: 250

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2019, 07:45:42 AM

I've done it before, but now, I don't want to do KYC, although stated $2/token. I am willing to do KYC when investing or ask my personal documents for bounty. But for airdrop, better join another airdrops. High risk low rewards.

█████▄
██▀   ▀██
██     ██
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄████▄   ▀███▀   ▄████▄
▄██▀  ▀██▄▄████▄▄██▀  ▀██
██       ███   ███       ██
██▄  ▄██▀▀████▀▀██▄  ▄██▀
▀████▀   ▄███▄   ▀████▀
▄██▀ ▀██▄
██     ██
██▄   ▄██
▀█████
          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄
Prasaga
                                                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████████▄
██████████████████▄
████████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER     
►  TECH WP
►  COMMERCIAL WP
kisfoxs

Activity: 289
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 07:52:55 AM

It's too risky if Airdrop needs KYC. KYC does make a lot of people confused because this is not in accordance with the crypto base, all of which are anonymous. But I see the results of Airdrop also very small and even many Airdrop fraud projects.

https://cerlos.io
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
🏠 -> Transforming The Trillion-dollar Building Materials Industry <- 🏠
StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 01:04:43 PM

KYC is a problem because Crypto has been anonymous since the beginning. And when this KYC is used, of course, many parties disagree. But this is now running and all depends on you who did it. For me, if Airdrop uses KYC, it's better not to follow it.
Most genuine airdrops now request for KYC since it is still coming from the same company that offers ICO, and since most Airdrop now request for it, it is either we don’t get to participate on any of it or we just do the KYC.

I don’t see need or reasons for this too, and I wish the document they are requesting for are not so complicated, I still understand why projects ICO are requesting for, at least they could back it up with the claim of protecting the system against fraudulent act, but what of airdrop, is there also any fraud activities too from the receivers, I think we need to just avoid airdrops completely for now, till something is done or the regulation reversed.
SRKNGL

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

Files.fm - Store, Share and Sell Files

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 01:28:18 PM

Airdrops did not want the Kyc, but now there are multiple participation in all campaigns. They started to ask for kyc to prevent this.

wenwen

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 07:14:44 PM

There is no legal reason to make KYC mandatory. Yes, I understand that many bounty programs are prohibited from participating residents of the USA and China. And that's all... in other countries, cryptocurrency is legal. But I can't understand why a man can't lie about his place of residence and buy fake documents on the black market. It turns out that KYC does not prove its effectiveness and it is useless.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: