Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:34:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IEO can be a safer investment option than ICO  (Read 2146 times)
ICOchamps
Copper Member

Activity: 40
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 04:26:59 PM

I can understand why you think that IEOs are safer than ICOs (for reputable exchanges only), since to be listed on Binance for example you have to pass some sort of verification test.
But from an investment standpoint, I think that's where it ends. The only advantage is that you have somebody else that did the work for you already (some due diligence), which you should do for any investment - no matter if it's an IEO or ICO - anyway (make sure that the team is legit etc.).
Another advantage might be the hype that they are experiencing currently - which leads to the big pump&dumps that have already been mentioned in previous posts. But that is nothing I would think of as positive actually.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 04:46:13 PM

Do they selective to choose a project? And how they decide the project is scam or legit? these things are very important to know. Recently, I haven't know how IEO work as a whole, I just know this system will be running by exchange itself. In advantage side I agree IEO will be more calculated by some investors because they don't need a long time to see the token in the exchange different with ICO that need maybe a long time to see the token will be listed in some exchange.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 10:41:53 PM

~snip~

Don't forget about IEO from Huobi Prime, their first list project 'Top Network's is very successful, the sale was over only a couple of seconds on each round, and the ROI right now are massive! Almost x20 from first round price. And yeah IEO is far better than ICO in my opinion.
RapTarX

Activity: 1358
Merit: 850

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 05:36:04 AM

From what I have learnt until now, IEO is another form of ICO where IEO is vouched by an exchange. Generally, ICO is a good way of scamming chunk amount of money. IEO until now is better than ICO but in the long run, it will be the same for scammers. There are a lot of exchanges which don't have much volume. By issuing an IEO, the platform can raise X times more amount than their monthly volume. In that case, it will be easy to scam people. At the end, IEO still doesn't comply with the secured way of investment. At the beginning, it probably will have success and no risk will be there but at the end, door is still opened for scammers.

TalkStar (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 1204
Merit: 737

✅ Need Campaign Manager? TG > @TalkStar675

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2019, 07:06:56 PM

Do they selective to choose a project? And how they decide the project is scam or legit? these things are very important to know. Recently, I haven't know how IEO work as a whole, I just know this system will be running by exchange itself. In advantage side I agree IEO will be more calculated by some investors because they don't need a long time to see the token in the exchange different with ICO that need maybe a long time to see the token will be listed in some exchange.
For investing on ICO investor always fear about projects team legality but IMO for IEO atleast investor can feel relax about investigating about team. On the other hand ICO success stage start from the listing momentum where its not only hard to be listed but also time is a big fact there. Investor need to spend a lot of time to see the token/coin on best exchanges for a good price build up. But for IEO they are able to see that on exchange within a short time.

Recently ICO scam is a common issue on our forum where every single day these scammers finding new way to steal investors fund. I hope IEO will show them a better crypto investment option at least.

▄██████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████████▀

████░█▄
████░███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
█████████
█████████
█████████

████░█▄
████░███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
█████████
█████████
█████████

.KUCOIN LISTING WORKFLOW.
.KUCOIN COMPANY PROFILE..

pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 10:41:49 PM

IEO is safer because you know what you're investing in. You can lose money if the token gets dumped or ends like bittrex with not much attention from community but at least you know you won't get scammed.

If you like to gamble ICOs are still a better choice because they get pumped a lot at random. If you get lucky your coin will go up by 100% in 1 hour but like I said it's gambling.
omer-jamal

Activity: 490
Merit: 275

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 02:33:02 PM

actuality IEO a new trick from exchanges  Grin They want Height own tokens
you can't Participation if you don't have there token

The number participants few + there is no transparency ..
that what I think
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2019, 04:06:59 PM

Well it is somehow good because of these exchange partners with the project but mind you that it is not the barometer how the project will be brought. It is still depend on the development and its focus on how to create huge demand for the utility of the crypto.

Anyway, I just also think about it since a good partnership may going to boos the project like this good excahnges. No wonder that many will going to like on EIO compared to ICO.
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 08:28:31 PM

Curious to see how exchanges will do their background checks on the developers itself and the project as a whole. I don't want to see only some kind of promotion page for this offered tokens but the full background of the token itself because probably what they will be doing is they will just promote the token and its project which could also be a bad thing for us. It would be no different to some people hyping up an ICO to pump the prices as they might likely have a portion of the offered tokens themselves ready to sell. They might not do it on their first few IEOs but if they got the trust of the people behind them things could go on a different direction.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2019, 10:24:21 AM

IEO is safer but how to buy ? I have tried on Binance and Bittrex but I wasn't able to buy even I open my browser before 15 minutes. Bittrex had not enable buy options even timer was 00.00.00, so how we will buy. Once opened buy options then already sold out. WTF, who bought this tokens if users not able to buy? To be honest exchanges start new business really. They will hold all coin and sell on high price. Eventually innocent people's will lose their fund.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Simple_Plan

Activity: 113
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 03:58:32 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2019, 09:00:01 AM by Simple_Plan

IEO is safer but how to buy ? I have tried on Binance and Bittrex but I wasn't able to buy even I open my browser before 15 minutes. Bittrex had not enable buy options even timer was 00.00.00, so how we will buy. Once opened buy options then already sold out. WTF, who bought this tokens if users not able to buy? To be honest exchanges start new business really.
Buying IEO is a tricky puzzle. Obviously, there's intervention of exchanges on this to cause hype. Talking about Bittrex, they did this so beautifully. VeriBlock tokens sold out in a couple seconds (I couldn't buy either). A lot of my friends were able to buy, though, using some kind of tool or script. But Bittrex can't make VeriBlock's price fly high.

Eventually innocent people's will lose their fund.
Totally right but are you too naive saying this? Financial games are for 5% of population only. As long as crypto currency exists, ICO/IEO or some other forms of them exist. At least for now, IEO is a better choice than ICO.

∞ HYPNOXYS | A Backed Protocol To Decentralize The Chatting Industry
visit : www.hypnoxys.com
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 07:13:48 PM

Actually, i wouldn't prefer IEO as there are already many exchanges floating around here and are in a very worst condition you cannot expect that they will be easily successful.
For some of us that has really lose money in investing into icos market I can really tell you that it is far safer to invest IEO than during ico.  Most projects that I invested in 2018 has not been listed in any populars exchange like binance and kucoin but in those exchange that has little volumes and popurality! It is far better for us to invest into a projects that is already listed in those big exchange as the risk of been scam is quite reduce to bearable minimal.  Many projects that has gone through that are doing well than those one that has attracted huge funds during icos.
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 07:50:09 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2019, 08:00:23 PM by rosezionjohn

But one thing is true, ICO will become a cartel and centralized to Binance launchpad.
You mean IEO?

Basically investors had to think about a lot of things before putting their fund on a ICO project such as research whitepaper, project Accuracy, team members and many more......But this new IEO system has made this easier for investors IMO.

This one looks good and attractive but I also think this can be harmful. This may make some investors dependent on the judgement of these exhanges launching IEOs. Regardless of whether it's an ICO or an IEO, people should not abandon doing their own research before investing.

KarenW102

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2019, 12:36:54 PM

I fully agree with the author, only he mentioned 3 platforms, which are definitely great, but there are many more of them and some platforms make interesting proposals for IEO. I like Lukki Exchange (https://lukki.io). In my opinion, this is the eligible Exchange for an IEO listing. Just a few days ago I read that it offers strong security, KYS strength, and importantly, excellent marketing support. Due to this, the coin immediately becomes liquid. And I think that IEO has a great future. Wink

*Link Removed*
bitc0000

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 01:20:58 PM

One of the success factors of IEO is the exchange promoting it. This is because, the exchange will give users or investors the assurance that there won't be any scam. Also, IEO looks better than ICO because when a major exchange promotes it, there will be a good profit thereafter.
In the same way, unlike ICO which finishs sales and keep investors waiting to list on exchange which might still end up not being a good exchange; IEOs on the other hand assures investors of listing once sales finishes.

rdewilde

Activity: 925
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 12:20:30 PM

Yes, that's true. The recent activities in IEOs has shown that most if not all investors have migrated from ICO to IEO and are glad they did. Also, the success of these IEOs solely depends on the exchange reason why most people don't try all the time to get a slot in Binance IEO.
On the other hand, funds security is also an added advantage when it comes to IEOs as there is little or room for scamming. Listing after saleis also guaranteed. In conclusion, from my own understanding, IEO offers a better investment option then ICOs.

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 12:35:25 PM

no it won't.
in fact IEO will soon become the least safe investment because the tokens will already be listed on exchanges and ready to be dumped. so as soon as the "doors" open, the surge of sells will crash that token's price so much faster than it could crash an ICO price and there is no difference between the underlying projects running an I"C"O with those running an I"E"O apart from that middle letter Cheesy

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
nowlscor18

Activity: 282
Merit: 11

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 11:29:57 PM

It looks good and fun, but it can be dangerous. This had lead some investors to rely on reviews particular on news and social media shares. In the case of ICO or IEO, people should not neglect research before they decide investing.

fvb

Activity: 1470
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 11:40:57 PM

Took part in one IEO on Bittrex.  Invested in tokens and now my investments, minus 5x.  I came to the conclusion that it is better to buy on the stock exchange after IEO, during trading and then you can buy tokens much lower.  And later get income.  So not all IEOs are profitable, the main thing is to choose the right strategy.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 12:41:17 AM

Took part in one IEO on Bittrex.  Invested in tokens and now my investments, minus 5x.  I came to the conclusion that it is better to buy on the stock exchange after IEO, during trading and then you can buy tokens much lower.  And later get income.  So not all IEOs are profitable, the main thing is to choose the right strategy.

Everything depends on the project. Indeed, currently the IEO is becoming a new trend in investing but not all IEOs provide long-term benefits. For the short term, the IEO on a large exchanger is good and profitable because usually the price immediately rises after the first listing but to hold for long term, i think its not a good strategy
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: