Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:20:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Promising ICOs that didnīt live up their expectations  (Read 301 times)
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 02:18:29 PM

As the title already says. What are your promising ICOs (big investing, promising project etc.) that couldnt full fill their expectations ? Are maybe some of them still "living" and having a living community?

Well a good example of such project that didn’t live up to expectations is the kwatt tokens
A lot of hypes
A lot of news flying around; but later got abandoned, delisted and now left hodlers hoping

There are already thousands of it, I promoted most of them sold my shares at the right time  and didn't come back again to get updates, these coins are forgettable when you are a bounty hunter and investors you just go for the next big hype in the market, and see if there is a profit to be made here or if the project is for long term.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
kickdapa

Activity: 627
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 02:47:02 PM

Recently I have a big hope in MOBU ICO/STO project. They looked very professional with their work plan and ambition. I supposed to do their signature campaign to promote this project as much as I can! But yesterday I was shocked by seeing the announcement from the MOBU CEO that in these 6 months mobu raised only 27K USD from the investors and all other money came from the private investors. MOBU pre-ICO wasn't successful, so they became STO project to achieve 9 Million USD hardcap goal, but from 1st week of February to now, Mobu did not get 2K USD investment! So, Mobu was a promising ICO/STO project but they are not doing as expectations!

bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2019, 02:52:27 PM

Yes i had invested in a few and still holding them in the hope of something positive but at the moment there does not seem to be much hope among their own communities, one such ico i remember from almost 2 years ago is polybius while last year i experienced shivom which seemed super awesome but till now there is nothing solid.

rafi035

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 03:00:25 PM

The decrease of prices is forcing investors to consider more reliable opportunities. ICOs are no longer attractive, and everyone considers it as just a scam. In general, in recent months, it is impossible to find a successful project.
I agree with you . Most in March, all ICO projects are just scams to make money from investors and people are inclined to invest more IEO this year. I think IEO projects bring better profits for everyone and you can make a lot of money if that project gets the great attention of everyone so choose the best projects to join.

Yes, maybe the ICO will be replaced by the IEO, which is now a lot of success because the IEO is safer than the ICO, which is just left, investors will now be smarter in choosing.
geminiboy

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

https://ammut.network/

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 03:53:13 PM

maybe everyone knows about ico karatcoin by achieving hardcap well and faster than the time specified, but what happens, they leave everything without updates, telegrams and their webs are no longer active even bounty hanter and investors don't get the slightest bit of their coins

anume123

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 04:16:41 PM

Lot of ico's cant provide a promise once they get their money from investors because after selling for their tokens it will be a big days for them to manage the project what they wrote on their roadmap.

Mmesooma1
Copper Member

Activity: 150
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 04:38:09 PM

As the title already says. What are your promising ICOs (big investing, promising project etc.) that couldnt full fill their expectations ? Are maybe some of them still "living" and having a living community?

The list might be endless. To mention a few that I am most disappointed in, I will rank edenchain, fxpay, kelta, elementh, current as among the worst. It almost made me loose faith in cryptocurrency

prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 03:01:02 PM

We had a lot of promising ICO that never lived up to their expectation, the main reason being greed, one of the project that raised a lot of funds and never lived up to its expectation is regalcoin, at a point after the launch of regalcoin, we saw the price of the coin getting to $10 and we were all happy that we have invested in a very good project and we should be expecting good turnout that might give us the lambo we have always been talking about, but the reverse turned out to be the case because the coin is now very much worthless.
betty11
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 03:40:53 PM

Many ICOs that was advertised on CMC are just a shadow of themselves, the market has humbled them, but I equally believe the team are not sound enough. Just look at Storiqa, Ubex, Saveroid and some others. ICO will  stop soon.
legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 03:44:51 PM

I will list a few;

Telcoin

Noah

SelfKey

IoT Chain

Aragon

Credo

Utrust

Equal

Ohmcoin

-------

Now just because they haven't made their presence felt yet does not imply that they will never be able to do so in the near (or far) future. However, I am unsatisfied at their progress speed.

██████████        ████████████
     ██████████        ██████████
       ██████████        ████████
         ██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|
     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀                ▄▀█             ▄▀                ▄▀█
 ██████████    █             ██████████    █
 █                █                   █                █    █
 █                █     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █    █
 █                █  ▄▀             █                █  ▄▀
 ██████████▀                 ██████████▀
          █                                    █
          █                                    █
     ▄▀ █  ▀▀▀▀█                   ▄▀ █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀             ▄▀█               ▄▀               ▄▀ █
 █████████   █               ██████████    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █                █  ▄▀
 █████████▀                  ██████████▀

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
        ▄           ▄▄▀  ▄▀▄  ▀▄▄
      █▄█   █████████████████    █
        █     █                              █ ▄▀ ▌
        █     █        ▄    █   ▄         █▀ ▄▌
       ██    █      ▀▄   █    ▄▀       █▀█
       ▌ ▌   █            █                █  █
       ▌ ▌   █                              █  █
       ██    ███████████████████
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
                 █       ▄▀      ▀▄       █
               █▀     █      █      █     ▀█
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
               ▀▀█     █    █    █     █▀▀
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
             ▄▀ █▄                   ▄█  ▀▄
            █   █▀▄         ▀      ▄▀█    █
           █   █  █  ▌      ▀   ▐  █  █    █
           █   █▄▀▄▌      ▀   ▐▄▀▄█    █
           █       █          ▀        █       █
        █▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 03:52:43 PM

Decent was really hyped up, it was supposed to be a file sharing network where people can pay you when you upload something.  The devs didn't really do any serious work or promotion and the project has completely died.
voiceofthedead

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 03:54:50 PM

There was this project called Ingot Coin and I invested a great amount of money there. The project is improving from time to time on its ICO phase, however, later on, they decided to stop and return the investment to its investors. The company said that they will pursue their visions in private matter that's why the public will not be involved anymore.
donass1
Copper Member

Activity: 226
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 04:08:12 PM

2018 was the biggest disappointing year in cryptocurency and it made crypto loose millions of enthusiasts. I was surprised to see coins as big as Refereum fail. I hope this year brings recovery

Mendrofa

Activity: 455
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 04:15:57 PM

in my opinion there are a lot of investors who are deceived by the large number of scams and unsuccessful projects because the price continues to decline, but in my opinion there are also good ico for long-term investment and waiting until prices return
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 05:37:05 PM

Why would they not be living? First ICOs started in like 2015. That is only 4 years ago. Most ICOs have nothing done beside the idea when were crowdfunding founds. So in less then 4 years they could do little. Yes there are some ICOs that had project going on before and ICO was just crowdfunding for additional founds. Those projects are further ahead.  But judging ICOs right now is silly. Plenty of them will do very well. Of course plenty of them did nothing and some even did not even start doing nothing, but that should be first thing for anyone giving them founds to check it out and make sure is impossible to happen.  

You would not hire a basketball player in your team that cant play ball. Same as you will not hire and pay in advance basketball player that will never actual show up.  If you do such kind of things your team will by far be the least in the league.
elitemobb

Activity: 579
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 05:58:09 PM

Unfortunately, there are plenty of such projects on the market. And what do we have in the end? A bunch of disappointed investors who do not believe in cryptocurrency, but solutions are IEO is now the most real solution to such problems.
3meek

Activity: 2422
Merit: 679

God, save BTC!

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 06:10:18 PM

For me the first and only promising ICO was COMSA... I'd forgotten about that... But a good lesson! Grin

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
JuanPaulo

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2019, 10:30:27 PM

I have long since got rid of all of my investments that I made in ICO. And I sold some of the projects at a loss for myself, but I do not regret it, because now the price for most of them has fallen even lower. I am waiting for the general growth of the market to resume my investment. Maybe even I will buy those tokens as before, if they start to grow.
shiming

Activity: 798
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 11:03:00 PM

If the project is very promising and the idea is good, the project can consider extending the ICO time. Since the market is currently very bad, investors are not willing to invest. When the market recovers, I think it will be better.

BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 11:40:57 AM

If the project is very promising and the idea is good, the project can consider extending the ICO time. Since the market is currently very bad, investors are not willing to invest. When the market recovers, I think it will be better.

it will never be better for the ICO tokens that already exist. the best thing you can ever hope for them is a small pump that may or may not come which would last only a couple of hours up to 1 day tops where they get pumped then dumped to die for good.
when the market gets out of this overall dumping stage is when the new coins are starting to be created and be pumped not the old ones.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: