Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:19:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 [369] 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BCN] Bytecoin. Secure, private, untraceable since 2012  (Read 1070029 times)
clixcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 11:18:05 AM

Dear Community, the Bytecoin Team is working together with the Binance team to get the wallet deposits back online as soon as possible. Your patience and support is appreciated in the meantime!

Thanks for this update but you should have to make this possible to don't get repeated the same story what happened few days ago. People are still into huge shock why they get entered at the peak price of this coin because of fake hype. I hope you will do more better job this time wish you all the best.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BCN_official

Activity: 295
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 12:05:08 PM

Yes, undoubtedly. I supply with some information below:

Hi there,
I have an old wallet with the *.bin extension (sample of 2015). Prompt please, how it possible to convert to the latest *.wallet format?
Create wallet from keys function does not work with an old format in a new wallet.

Hello there!

Well that is an interesting question. To start with could you supply me with some information in order to help?

Which wallet version are you using/
^^^^^^^
I used bytecoin wallet v1.0.2.358. Either this or the subsequent versions converted a wallet from *.bin format to *.wallet format. Just at that time I forgot the password for this wallet (and I strained not enough to recall). And at last it was succeeded to recall now, but the old version of the wallet without connection to a blockchain does not properly work. I cannot make anything with coins)))). I can see a balance only.
Latest bytecoin wallet GUI 3.1.1. but it have no Console. So it can't help to do enything by command line.
Create wallet from keys function cannot provide creation from keys of old format. The window with keys is shown, but OK button is not aviable.

Which OS are you operating on?
^^^^^^^
Windows10

Have you tried to select open wallet with the new software and select the old version to see if it will upload automatically?
^^^^^^^
Yes, I tried to select open wallet with the new software, but new software is not support old *.bin format of bytecoin wallet. In the menu of a choice of already existing wallet my old file is not visible absolutely. Only  *.wallet file in the same directory is visible.

If you can answer those for us we can do our best to assist you.

In Bytecoin Desktop 3.1.1 when you select "Create wallet from keys" there is a button "Load from file", and it supports opening any file type. Could you try that?

Yes, as I wrote: "Create wallet from keys" function cannot provide creation from keys of old format. After press a button "Load from file" ...The window with keys is shown, but OK button is not aviable.
So I can't press button of the last confirmation and the convertation process is not finished. If it interested - then I choose my old file wallet.bin.keys the window with keys shows some groups of digits only. No one character. I do not know, is it perhaps necessary to add something. The password probably.
I can send to you the test wallet .bin and *.bin.keys 2015's sample to try.
And I can try to install and start the wallet on Ubuntu if it can help too.

We saw your post in Reddit but we will reply here as well. What are the length of his keys you are trying to load there? Is it letters and symbols?

Good day!
I did not create the file with keys by my side. I have in the old directory three files concerning a wallet: wallet.bin, wallet.bin.address, wallet.bin.keys. So I try to use that keys file that "I was in a set" in case of start of a relevant wallet. To judge that it contains only digits I can only based on the key which is taken away in a window of loading from the file. The wallet loads it, but last OK does not allow to click. What do I do incorrectly?

I will repeat. The password works. In case of start of simplewallet.exe the password gives the chance to open a wallet and to check balance for example. But bytecoind.exe is not launched. So my old wallet is not on friendly terms with a relevant blockchain.

I have showed your question to the devs and according to them you shouldn't be having any issues in your situation. Would it be possible to take some screenshots of what you are experiencing so I can show them directly? You may upload them to Imgur or a site of your choosing and send them as a private message to our Reddit. Having a visual basis for this would do a lot to help you in this situation.

cromex

Activity: 128
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 03:16:03 PM

Dear Community, the Bytecoin Team is working together with the Binance team to get the wallet deposits back online as soon as possible. Your patience and support is appreciated in the meantime!

Thanks for this update but you should have to make this possible to don't get repeated the same story what happened few days ago. People are still into huge shock why they get entered at the peak price of this coin because of fake hype. I hope you will do more better job this time wish you all the best.

"they get entered at the peak price of this coin"
They made a choice, the dev have no part in that

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:47:36 PM

As all the same there was a lot of noise for the addition of coins to the exchange. I think then a lot of people have lost their money or very much lost in price. Apparently it was conceived on the script exchange.  Cry

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
AlexNiko

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 07:46:06 PM

Hi there,
I have an old wallet with the *.bin extension (sample of 2015). Prompt please, how it possible to convert to the latest *.wallet format?
Create wallet from keys function does not work with an old format in a new wallet.

Hello there!

Well that is an interesting question. To start with could you supply me with some information in order to help?

^^^^^^^
I used bytecoin wallet v1.0.2.358. Either this or the subsequent versions converted a wallet from *.bin format to *.wallet format. Just at that time I forgot the password for this wallet (and I strained not enough to recall). And at last it was succeeded to recall now, but the old version of the wallet without connection to a blockchain does not properly work. I cannot make anything with coins)))). I can see a balance only.
Latest bytecoin wallet GUI 3.1.1. but it have no Console. So it can't help to do enything by command line.
Create wallet from keys function cannot provide creation from keys of old format. The window with keys is shown, but OK button is not aviable.

^^^^^^^
Windows10

Have you tried to select open wallet with the new software and select the old version to see if it will upload automatically?
^^^^^^^
Yes, I tried to select open wallet with the new software, but new software is not support old *.bin format of bytecoin wallet. In the menu of a choice of already existing wallet my old file is not visible absolutely. Only  *.wallet file in the same directory is visible.

In Bytecoin Desktop 3.1.1 when you select "Create wallet from keys" there is a button "Load from file", and it supports opening any file type. Could you try that?

Yes, as I wrote: "Create wallet from keys" function cannot provide creation from keys of old format. After press a button "Load from file" ...The window with keys is shown, but OK button is not aviable.
So I can't press button of the last confirmation and the convertation process is not finished. If it interested - then I choose my old file wallet.bin.keys the window with keys shows some groups of digits only. No one character. I do not know, is it perhaps necessary to add something. The password probably.

We saw your post in Reddit but we will reply here as well. What are the length of his keys you are trying to load there? Is it letters and symbols?

Good day!
I did not create the file with keys by my side. I have in the old directory three files concerning a wallet: wallet.bin, wallet.bin.address, wallet.bin.keys. So I try to use that keys file that "I was in a set" in case of start of a relevant wallet. To judge that it contains only digits I can only based on the key which is taken away in a window of loading from the file. The wallet loads it, but last OK does not allow to click. What do I do incorrectly?

I will repeat. The password works. In case of start of simplewallet.exe the password gives the chance to open a wallet and to check balance for example. But bytecoind.exe is not launched. So my old wallet is not on friendly terms with a relevant blockchain.

I have showed your question to the devs and according to them you shouldn't be having any issues in your situation. Would it be possible to take some screenshots of what you are experiencing so I can show them directly? You may upload them to Imgur or a site of your choosing and send them as a private message to our Reddit. Having a visual basis for this would do a lot to help you in this situation.

Yes, I answer to my Reddit with screenshot of convertation's problem in the latest wallet
Odeoke

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 10:24:29 AM

Down trend is still looking powerful and we are losing value consistently if this would continue than in the middle of next month price will go under 30 sats. My orders are ready there and waiting for to get filled again.
AlexNiko

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 12:15:48 PM

Hi there,

Hello there!

^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^
Windows10

^^^^^^^

Good day!

Yes, I answer to my Reddit with screenshot of convertation's problem in the latest wallet

Can you check obtaining the image and my response about 578 characters?
billy.ryoko

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:18:33 PM

BCN made me crazy, I have invested it in the highest price, I bought it in 300 Satoshi before, and the price today dropped below to 40 Satoshi, anyone has lost the money in this coins? Please share your opinions about this.  Cry

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
versprichnix

Activity: 876
Merit: 291

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:55:46 PM

BCN made me crazy, I have invested it in the highest price, I bought it in 300 Satoshi before, and the price today dropped below to 40 Satoshi, anyone has lost the money in this coins? Please share your opinions about this.  Cry

Who did make you buy at a price of 300 sat? Which people did you ask about their opinion before?
BCN_official

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 10:32:19 AM

Hi there,

Hello there!

^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^
Windows10

^^^^^^^

Good day!

We have replied to your post on Reddit.

ANDREW 555

Activity: 182
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 12:26:06 PM

Roadmap
https://coindar.org/en/event/bytecoin-bcn-roadmap-11042
Freaks
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 12:34:45 PM

Who did make you buy at a price of 300 sat? Which people did you ask about their opinion before?

It happened due to FOMO buy when people invest blindly just looking over the fake pump and throw their money in a hurry. We can find so many people who are crying like that because of their bad decision now it could very long time to get recover.
Bitcoin Miners

Activity: 440
Merit: 100

Roobet

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:23:50 AM

Your question makes much sense!
No one can force someone else to buy any coin, it totally depends upon each person decision.

Naive investors will easily fall to FOMO waves and buy at highs, mostly at peaks, then fall to panic sell and sell at lows, mostly at bottoms.
Consequently, they easily lose all their original money.
It happened due to FOMO buy when people invest blindly just looking over the fake pump and throw their money in a hurry. We can find so many people who are crying like that because of their bad decision now it could very long time to get recover.

Saritap

Activity: 106

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 05:13:34 AM

why BCN getting dip down ?

can we see price spike in near future . I bought BCN at 150 sat . it seems I bought it on very much high price
BCN_official

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:20:22 AM

The Bytecoin team is happy to present you an updated version of our development roadmap!

For more info, please, read the blog post:
https://bytecoin.org/blog/the-updated-bytecoin-development-roadmap

BCN_official

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:11:04 AM

Attention! Anxiety!

A month ago I downloaded wallets: bytecoin-desctop-2.0.4-win64.msi, bytecoin-desctop- 3.1.0-win64.msi, bytecoin-desctop 3.1.1-win64.msi  from the official site https://bytecoin.org/.
Today I checked them with Avast antivirus. And I got such a result:
bytecoin-gui.exe Infected MacOS: BitCoinMiner-CA[PUP];
2.0.4 - Infected MacOS: BitCoinMiner-CA[PUP];
3.0.1 and 3.1.1 - Infected MacOS: BitCoinMiner-CA[PUP] too.
What is it?
How to understand this?
The computer has the Windows operating system installed.

We responded to your question on Reddit about this.

HammadAli

Activity: 136
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:42:36 AM

[/quote]
Do you have any news this week?
AlexNiko

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 03:17:36 PM

Hi there,

Hello there!

^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^
Windows10

^^^^^^^

Good day!

We have replied to your post on Reddit.

All done. Nothing more is necessary. I found the bytecoin wallet v1.0.8.608 in archives and converted the old file in a new format. It is a pity that to your devs it is so difficult to give operational advice in similar questions.
BCN_official

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 08:51:52 AM

Do you have any news this week?
[/quote]

We will have an update soon about our July 4th surprise which we think many members of our community will appreciate! The second anything else comes up we will of course share it with our community!

rockmoney

Activity: 439
Merit: 297

www.amazon.com/shops/MinersSupply

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 03:53:44 PM

Attention! Anxiety!

A month ago I downloaded wallets: bytecoin-desctop-2.0.4-win64.msi, bytecoin-desctop- 3.1.0-win64.msi, bytecoin-desctop 3.1.1-win64.msi  from the official site https://bytecoin.org/.
Today I checked them with Avast antivirus. And I got such a result:
bytecoin-gui.exe Infected MacOS: BitCoinMiner-CA[PUP];
2.0.4 - Infected MacOS: BitCoinMiner-CA[PUP];
3.0.1 and 3.1.1 - Infected MacOS: BitCoinMiner-CA[PUP] too.
What is it?
How to understand this?
The computer has the Windows operating system installed.

*************************************************************************************************************

A few hours later I received such answers(https://old.reddit.com/r/BytecoinBCN/comments/8v7vyf/attention_anxiety/):

… “There is built-in bytecoin miner in desktop wallet, where user can start to mine or not. Antiviruses determine any miner as potential thread, but its actual only for hidden miners. In our case everybody knows about that build-in miner.”

… “A Potentially Unwanted Program, also called in short as PUP, is a software that contains adware, installs toolbars or has other unclear objectives. The term “Potentially Unwanted Program” was given by McAfee to avoid labelling downloadable programs as malware. PUP is fine.”

… “Well, since there is a miner built in, windows thinks there is a miner in the file.”

Good. Let's assume. Why then does the antivirus write “BitCoinMiner” not “ByteCoinMiner”?

An hour later I got this answer to this question:

..."Because in threads database miner marked as bitcoin miner. Not matter if its cryptonote, ethash, script or other mining algorithm."

I just received such an official response(https://www.reddit.com/r/BytecoinBCN/comments/8v7vyf/attention_anxiety/):

..."I just heard back from the devs and they have told me that all is normal, the antivirus is reading the miner that comes with the desktop wallet. Antiviruses usually read any program that has a potential miner in it as dangerous but since it is a crypto wallet that is able to mine BCN all is as it should be. We hope that was able to help!"

On July 2, I received this answer(https://old.reddit.com/r/BytecoinBCN/comments/8v7vyf/attention_anxiety/):

"...the easiest way to make sure that the hidden miner works - check the processor usage in the task manager. if there is no abnormal load - everything ok.
Current wallet version work good. I am also care about it.
For example previous ver 1.1.9.3 has little lags on my PC, so I use it neatly.
Also you don’t need have wallet running 24/7, you can open one or twice in week for 10minutes to make transaction. "

What other ideas are there on this issue?

As I am sure other have already replied and answered your question, I would like to help put your mind at ease. So, most (good) anti-virus programs will flag any type of "miner" as a virus and/or potentially unwanted program (PUP). The reason these files are flagged as such is because [in your case] the wallets you downloaded could be used for "mining". The wallet could [potentially] use your computers resources to begin "mining", and it could do it for someone else - like a default address [sometimes] builtin to these programs (an address that is not yours). The program therefore has the capability to act maliciously by using someones computing power to "mine" in the background and make money for whoever owns the potentially builtin address used by the "miner".

For those reasons, your antivirus should pick up on something like the wallet file you downloaded, but in your specific case is considered a false-positive because you intentionally downloaded the file and [presumably] know how to use it. Bytecoin is a wellknown, established crypto and confirming the checksums of the downloaded file from the official download repository ensures it poses no threat. Additionally, you may also have to add the file(s) to your antivirus' "exclusion" list in order to use them because it will often quarantine such detected file(s). Unfortunately, there are many malicious files floating around out there, as you automatically become a "target" for attackers who would love gaining access to your computer and stealing your crypto (especially since they know you likely have digital assets to steal because the potential file was [for example] a closed-source miner or something similar), so BE CAREFUL and diligent at all times!

Hope I was able to offer you some insight and make you feel more comfortable about the specific file mentioned in your post. Feel free to send me a message if you have any other questions and/or need any related help in the future!  Wink

GekkoScience Products on Amazon Prime 1-DAY SHIPPING 
Pages: « 1 ... 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 [369] 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: