Bitcoin Forum
December 09, 2019, 09:45:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.19.0.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WoodCollector]Nine Public Coin Collection Completed  (Read 1272 times)
teeGUMES

Activity: 864
Merit: 682

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 05:03:30 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2019, 10:11:59 PM by teeGUMES
Merited by Flying Hellfish (50), suchmoon (9), Lesbian Cow (3), krogothmanhattan (2), JanEmil (2), OgNasty (1), minerjones (1), andulolika (1)

If you are unfamiliar with the WoodCollector saga/drama that dominated the forums for a good three+ months in late 2014/early 2015 you can read about it here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1011340.0
It is a very long read but it is very very entertaining, there are a few other threads if you want to dig deeper into the rabbit hole here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=930649.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=932131

Anyway lets get to my point...
As many of you caught on to 4 months ago when some info leaked on the forum There was a hidden secret about the 10 wooden coins i made for 2015. Today you find out what was worth $1,000 to protect.

I have always been a fan of hidden treasure movies and the concept of something being on this planet that nobody has found that is worth enough to change someones life. My favorite movies have pretty much always been the Da Vinci Code and the National Treasure movies. Over the years as life has passed me by i had often thought about my legacy. Making my mark on history. Inspired by Satoshi Nakamoto himself and the loads of money i saved re-stocking my warehouses this year buying wood from you all directly i decided that now was my time.

Hidden on this planet somewhere is a 22" long 8" round titanium air proof time capsule container. Inside that container is 1,000 bronze bitcoins. Each one of those bronze coins is engraved with the private key to an address that holds 5BTC. Total inside the container there is key's to 5,000BTC.

I have made and sold 9 2015 wooden physical bitcoins listed below. Each one of those coins has hidden in or on it a part of the puzzle. The key to decoding the first part of that puzzle is coin #10 which after much though is being given to someone whom i already chose from this forum. In order to decode each individual wooden coin you will have to have #10 in its physical presence and in order to solve the entire first clue you will need to posses and have all 10 coins in the same physical location. The clues in the coins were crafted in a fashion that you will never find them let alone figure them out via photographs, with x-rays, or in any fashion other than having all the coins in the same location at the same time to solve the puzzle.

These 10 coins are scattered around the globe from the U.S.A to Vietnam, Germany, The Netherlands, The UK & Singapore. Inherently making it difficult or a process to put all 10 of them in the same location. Once the first clue has been solved by decoding the 10 coins it will lead you to another clue which leads to another. 5 clues in total which must be found and solved in order to gain the location of the titanium capsule which holds the 5,000BTC (or roughly $1,277,000usd at current value) treasure.

For reasons which i am sure are obvious to most of you, much like Satoshi this will be my last post or presence on the world wide web to protect my identity.

Thank you to all of you whom purchased my artworks from this forum and a very special thanks to all of you whom sold me wood over these past months which made this all possible. Regardless of the poor treatment of the self-righteous trolls and children on this forum, this treasure is my parting gift to all of you who support bitcoin in hopes that it can bring at least 10 of you together from around the globe with bitcoin at the center of it all.

Coin #1
Coin #2
Coin #3
Coin #4
Coin #5
Coin #6
Coin #7
Coin #8
Coin #9
Coin #10 - The recipient of Coin #10 can post pictures of it when he receives it if he / she wishes to do so.

FAREWELL MY FRIENDS !!!!

Many of the original buyers of these coins developed a bad taste in their mouth over the development of WoodCollector and the drama that also filled their inboxes just because they had bought pieces. I watched from the sidelines while all of this happened and never in a million years figured I'd end up owning one of his coins, let alone all nine.

My journey started in October 2017 with this auction here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2223623.0
A perfect snipe at XX:00:00 at the end of the auction landed me my first two coins. Once they made their way to me and I unboxed them, it became like crack. I couldn't stop.
Questions in my mind arose whether or not people would have kept these, set them on fire, lost them in transit, or just having been sold to a friend of a friend that had a garage sale and someone's grandpa/grandma wanted it for an extra large wood coaster.

Fast forward a few months, June of 2018 I reached out to all the original owners, some replied quick, others I waited and waited for a reply.
Four of the coins were no longer in the hands of the original owners.. adding an even bigger obstacle in my path to aquire all nine. Low and behold a message comes a couple days later that two of the four were given away as gifts to the member's family and that if I would like them aswell he/she could work on getting them back.. my answer.. absolutely.
Through trust from trades I was able to track down the other two and luckily it was a particular valuable member to the Collectibles community. Eventually through talks back and forth we worked out a deal for me to get these aswell.

This put me at seven coins and the whole while the above was happening I was messaging back and forth with the owner of the eighth I needed. We eventually worked out a price and the count went up to eight pieces.

Now... the last guy/girl. It had appeared the account was hacked or sold sometime in 2017 so I pretty much gave up hope on being able to finish this collection.. damn.. so I start reading his post history(pre 2017) and kept track of certain speech patterns/unique things about them.. a post included a reddit link, so I followed it and read through the post history of every single person that commented in that reddit link. One stood out so I vaguely contacted him through reddit in a way that a scammer would just be like "What?", but instead after a couple months a reply comes back that says, "Yes I own this, why?"

Over a month of very slow replies with this guy I managed to strike a deal, then one day I get a "teeGUMES, we have a problem" message. So close... but it actually was owned by his wife and she didn't want him to sell it. Well thats no reason to give up right? What'd I do? As cliche as it sounds I counter back with wouldn't she like a new pair of shoes instead of this big round block of wood? The answer came a few days later... yes.. so I tacked on the cost of her pair of shoes to our original agreed price, definitely worth it seeings how this was the last coin I needed.

Nine coins, 475 days from the first one entering my house to the ninth one being torn out of its box and the biggest smile gracing my face as I had just completed collecting all nine of WoodCollector's publicly released coins.

Now supposedly there is a tenth, and if you've read through the links I had provided earlier you will know that there is not much if anything known about it, it may not even exist. The treasure may not exist (lets just say for a second it did, how many of us would have been running out to dig this sucker up during the 2017 bullrun)
My curiousity for this story took me through a crazy journey, talking with and meeting the owners of these coins. Each and every one of them was actually surprisingly kind and in the end they could see what I was trying to achieve by putting this collection together.. and most importantly each and every coin was damn near intact and in fairly mint condition.

With all this being said, you may think i'm an idiot for collecting these due to all the Scam/Fraud/Liar accusations.. but in my mind as long as nobody died or got hurt, drama adds a whole new level to the strange things we collectors like to collect.
I will post some more pictures in the first reply after this long winded story. This was just my cliff notes. Happy to answer any questions about these.

Let me finish this all off with:
Hey Mr/Mrs. Coin Ten, if you're out there.. lets talk Smiley I've got a treasure map and you've got the compass.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
teeGUMES

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 05:03:50 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2019, 10:12:15 PM by teeGUMES
Merited by Kryptowerk (1)

All 9 front

High res - https://i.imgur.com/FPoqb4W.jpg

Proof they're mine/current

High res - https://i.imgur.com/ZccdReP.jpg

All 9 back

High res - https://i.imgur.com/kDk000t.jpg

Backs with proof

High res - https://i.imgur.com/IYx4Rsh.jpg

Two forum members ended up getting laser engraving/CNC machines and made these to disprove WoodCollector's Hand Carved claim

High res - https://i.imgur.com/cAEfJIm.jpg

The stack from OP

High res - https://i.imgur.com/SdJcd1P.jpg

anonymousminer

Activity: 686
Merit: 543

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 05:13:17 PM

I was not around for this.... cool story, nice coins and a great accomplishment!!

MANTIS CRYPTOS & PHYSIBIT - The best places to shop for physical bitcoins and more!!
chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1130

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2019, 05:15:03 PM

nice story. must have been great.

I love a coin with story/history.

Great pictures :O
JanEmil

Activity: 798
Merit: 353

I WORK FOR BTC

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2019, 05:24:51 PM

Thats a good story. When you need a helper in the jungle please invite me Grin

OgNasty
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1746

I 💚 Bitcoin

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 06:01:55 PM

Coin #10 - The recipient of Coin #10 can post pictures of it when he receives it if he / she wishes to do so.

Was this coin ever made public?  I think I might be the mystery recipient...

teeGUMES

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 06:11:35 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2019, 07:09:09 PM by teeGUMES

Was this coin ever made public?  I think I might be the mystery recipient...

Never made public. Zero clues given out. I've read and reread every post probably 20times each.
FFrankie

Activity: 1344
Merit: 888

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 06:13:01 PM

Are these the ones that you put together to find the 5,000 cas coins that he buried?

O wait no, those where those gaint pieces that people paid like 15 grand for
krogothmanhattan
Krogoth

Activity: 952
Merit: 1600

Escrow Service & ฿it฿ills Enthusiast

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2019, 06:15:52 PM

Amazing story and hunt for these. Congratulations! Now that's a serious collector indeed!  Cheesy

███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███
KROGOTHMANHATTANESCROW
SERVICE
███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███

`▄███████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄`
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████▌█████████████▌█████████████                      ▐████
████▌████████████▀████████▄█████▄         █████████████████
████▌████████████████▄██████████▄         ████████████████
████▌████████▐█▄████████▀█████████▀        ▄███████████████
████▌█████████████████████▀█████         ▄█████████████████
████▌█████████████▌█████████████         ████         ▐████
████▌█████████████▌█████████████         ████         ▐████
████▌█████████████▌█████████████         ███▀         ▐████
████▌█████████████▌█████████████         █▀           ▐████
████▄█████████████▌█████████████                      █████
███████▄██████████▌█████████████                   ▄███████
██████████▄███████▌█████████████                ▄██████████
██████████████████▌█████████████             ▄█████████████
██████████████████▌█████████████          ▄████████████████
████████████████████▄███████████       ▄███████████████████
███████████████████████▄████████    ▄██████████████████████
██████████████████████████▄█████▄██████████████████████████
`▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀`
███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███

Reliable escrow service at your disposal

███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███▮▮▮███
wheelz1200
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1162

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 07:30:35 PM

Get out lol that's crazy.  Cant believe you tracked down all of these coins.  Good luck sir I hope you find what it is you are looking for.  Cheesy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1817

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 07:33:34 PM

I guess you and teeGUMES are going on a $25,830,000 treasure hunt! Grin

████████████████████████████
████████▀▀ █▀ █▀ ▀██████████
█████████▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
██████████▀     ▀  ▀████████
███████▀ ▀  ▄█▀▀▀█▀▀████████
██████▄      █▄  ▀▀  ▀██████
██████         ▄▄█▄ ▄ ▀█████
█████ ▄         ▀▀ ▄ ▀ █████
██████▌          █▀█▀ ▐█████
███████  ▄▌         ▄ ██████
████████▄█         ▄████████
█████████▀     ▄▄ ▄█████████
.JACKMATE'S...........
MAJESTIC..
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
..WIN 1 BITCOIN ON EVERY PREMIER LEAGUE MATCHDAY..
████████████████████████████████
████████████▀█▀ ▀█▀█▀███████████
███████████▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████
███████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
█████████▀▄ ██▀▄▄▄ ▀ ▄▀█████████
███████▀ ▀█████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████████
███████▀▄████████▀  ▀█ █▐███████
███████ ▀█████████▄█▀▀██ ███████
████████ ███▀██████ ▄ ██ ███████
████████▌▐▀▄ ██████████ ▄███████
█████████▄██▌▐█████▀██ █████████
████████████▄▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▄██████████
.JOIN US - IT'S FREE! .
iBitcoinHongKong8
Copper Member

Activity: 172
Merit: 61

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 07:36:23 PM

This is an insane story. I can't believe you tracked all of these down. If completed this must go to Hollywood for an amazing movie. Either a documentary or a cool action flick that is befitting of its tale played by whoever you choose. Good luck and WOW again!

iBHK8
wheelz1200
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1162

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 07:44:29 PM

I guess you and teeGUMES are going on a $25,830,000 treasure hunt! Grin

Oh I did not see that, contact discovery channel see if they will fund the adventure and they can televise it  Shocked

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
Mbitr

Activity: 322
Merit: 47

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 07:46:25 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2019, 09:17:16 PM by Mbitr
Merited by teeGUMES (1)

Wow story and a half. Really hope it’s true and really hope you find the last coin and Bitcoin. I don’t want to read the historical threads as I may fall down that rabbit hole too ! Hopefully someone in the collectibles knows where it is . Come on finish the story folks !!

EDIT- Just been reading through the old threads. Fear I’m well down the rabbit hole now ! What a intriguing saga. Just hope it comes to a fairytale ending. I’ll be watching this closely. THANKS teeGUMES
FFrankie

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 07:57:28 PM

I can't wait for like 50 years to pass, and someone actually finding the treasure and it be worth billions.

I think a lot of people would owe WC an apology
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1817

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 08:01:36 PM

Realistic scenario: IF there even was a treasure, WoodCollector has likely dug up the case and sold everything during the last bubble.

████████▀▀ █▀ █▀ ▀██████████
█████████▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
██████████▀     ▀  ▀████████
███████▀ ▀  ▄█▀▀▀█▀▀████████
██████▄      █▄  ▀▀  ▀██████
██████         ▄▄█▄ ▄ ▀█████
█████ ▄         ▀▀ ▄ ▀ █████
██████▌          █▀█▀ ▐█████
███████  ▄▌         ▄ ██████
████████▄█         ▄████████
█████████▀     ▄▄ ▄█████████
.JACKMATE'S...........
MAJESTIC..
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
..WIN 1 BITCOIN ON EVERY PREMIER LEAGUE MATCHDAY..
████████████▀█▀ ▀█▀█▀███████████
███████████▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████
███████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
█████████▀▄ ██▀▄▄▄ ▀ ▄▀█████████
███████▀ ▀█████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████████
███████▀▄████████▀  ▀█ █▐███████
███████ ▀█████████▄█▀▀██ ███████
████████ ███▀██████ ▄ ██ ███████
████████▌▐▀▄ ██████████ ▄███████
█████████▄██▌▐█████▀██ █████████
████████████▄▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▄██████████
.JOIN US - IT'S FREE! .
FFrankie

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 08:08:21 PM

Realistic scenario: IF there even was a treasure, WoodCollector has likely dug up the case and sold everything during the last bubble.

He said he doesn't remember where it's buried if I can recall correctly
eddie13
Legendary

Merit: 1136

BTC or BUST

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 08:10:15 PM

I read about woodcollector a while ago and the treasure story but figured he was just full of shit..

Even on the slim chance that their is a treasure it is amazing that you have collected all 9 coins and OG might have the secret one!
Very interesting, subscribing for more..
terphi
Copper Member

Activity: 24
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 08:12:51 PM

I read about woodcollector a while ago and the treasure story but figured he was just full of shit..

I was around for that nonsense, it's 110% bull.
OgNasty
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1746

I 💚 Bitcoin

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 08:26:12 PM
Merited by teeGUMES (1)

Even on the slim chance that their is a treasure it is amazing that you have collected all 9 coins and OG might have the secret one!
Very interesting, subscribing for more..

I would agree that there is next to no chance the treasure hunt is real.  That being said, still interesting.  I'm not sure if I've ever posted this publicly or not.  I guess my best evidence that this could be coin #10 is that this picture (prior to the addition of gold plating) was sent to me on 2/5/15 which seems to line up perfectly with the time frame.  That being said, this one may have a similar back design and the size seems to be about right, but the denomination clearly stands out as being unique.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.