Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:41:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you still hodl? Then we go to you!  (Read 41676 times)
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 08:10:07 AM

Do you still hold coins and wait for them to grow?
I trade every day and make a profit. I can make a few in one day. For a month, it turns out about 100%
Why sit and hodl coin?

One reason is tax considerations. I am from the UK, and here a crypto-to-crypto trade is a taxable event for capital gains. If you buy $1 of BTC, then it goes up and is now worth $1000, and you then sell that $1000 of BTC for $1000 of ETH, then you have made a $999 profit on your BTC, which is taxable. This is why I no longer trade very much. I know a lot of people ignore tax considerations, but I'd prefer to play by the rules rather than gamble that crypto trades will never be traceable. If you do pay tax, then you're gambling that prices won't drop - in the example above, if the $1000 of ETH dropped to $1, then you have assets worth $1 and also tax on the $999 earlier 'profit'.

Galantin

Activity: 602
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 08:38:16 AM

I trade every day and make a profit. I can make a few in one day. For a month, it turns out about 100%
Why sit and hodl coin?

One reason is tax considerations. I am from the UK, and here a crypto-to-crypto trade is a taxable event for capital gains. If you buy $1 of BTC, then it goes up and is now worth $1000, and you then sell that $1000 of BTC for $1000 of ETH, then you have made a $999 profit on your BTC, which is taxable. This is why I no longer trade very much. I know a lot of people ignore tax considerations, but I'd prefer to play by the rules rather than gamble that crypto trades will never be traceable. If you do pay tax, then you're gambling that prices won't drop - in the example above, if the $1000 of ETH dropped to $1, then you have assets worth $1 and also tax on the $999 earlier 'profit'.

I do not think that the states have the right to pull their hands to cryptocurrency. Of course, you can pay them if you work as a trader and spin 1,000,000 per year. Otherwise. You can ignore this question.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
Pasaway2701

Activity: 479
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 09:03:00 AM

I still hold my altcoins. And waiting for the right moment to throw them. I have never regretted that I endured for a long time. The more I hold the coins, the more I earn from it.
Good for you but for me who rely on it for daily expenses, I used it in time even the price is not profitable. I regret for not having stable job which can support daily living. Now I am encouraging myself to have bitcoin as low price it has now. I am starting to gain bitcoin again and make it worth much as we hold them.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS: Please let CHAUL JHIN KIM win the NEW ZEALAND POWERBALL JACKPOT. He will use the money to set up his own RESEARCH LAB and find the CURES for CANCER and AGING! He will release the CURES into the PUBLIC DOMAIN! (a la Jonas Salk) EVERYONE regardless of wealth will no longer need to SUFFER! CHILDHOOD CANCER will also be HISTORY! Thank you! - A Faithful Believer. P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray with me!
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 09:11:51 AM

Why sit and hodl coin?

I do not think that the states have the right to pull their hands to cryptocurrency. Of course, you can pay them if you work as a trader and spin 1,000,000 per year. Otherwise. You can ignore this question.

Yes, different countries have different rules (or even no rules at all). And plenty of people ignore it anyway. But it is always good to be informed of what the rules are, so that we can all make informed decisions rather than being unaware.

angrybird3591

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 09:24:02 AM

right. I usually hold coin after receiving the bonus. Wait for the team to develop until it is appropriate to sell it. sometimes I also sell then buy back.
Ngewex Yuk

Activity: 1190
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 10:58:19 AM

Yes, am still holding multiple of altcois in my portfolio both the useful one and the shitcoin. I am the type of trader that am not in haste in selling my investment, I sell when the price hit the target most or the time.

Holding multiple coins is something we must do, putting money in one place is always risky so we have to divide our money into many places, and now is the right time to buy because altcoins are cheap and the market looks bullrun.

TIME
TO
SLEEP
trash321

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 11:19:59 AM

We must continue to maintain their tokens. I think that sooner or later you will be able to get a reward. I hope that there will be very good opportunities to receive dividends or simply not to lose their investments.
Buntel168

Activity: 854

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 01:44:40 PM

Not every trade will make profit and not everyone is an expert in trade. I am personal hold coin that i have because i know the project and sure to grow and develop. I am focus to long term thats why i always hold my coins.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     SPORTS ICON   │   NFTs WITH THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
[     Telegram     ] [       Twitter       ] [      Discord      ] [    Instagram    ] [      YouTube      ] [      Medium      ]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bangdol

Activity: 345
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 01:54:21 PM

Not every trade will make profit and not everyone is an expert in trade. I am personal hold coin that i have because i know the project and sure to grow and develop. I am focus to long term thats why i always hold my coins.
all people have the ability and interest in different crypto. There is nothing like the trade and you are fond of long term investment. for new people maybe long term investment is a great option, but for those who already know how to trade and experience, will certainly prefer to trade daily.
peoplean

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 02:09:41 PM

To me, hodling of currencies is a personally choice entranced close to every currency hodler at their have outlay, feel, profits or lossIt’s not actually equitable to aloof pursue the majority group and misact Exercise well timed and form away the specifics as well
BurstBurst

Activity: 494

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 03:12:19 PM

I am still holding altcoins who know that there is a potential and longterm when the price of altcoins is overwhelming and the coinmarket took the opportunity to buy altcoins with potential because it knows how much profit I'll get when I buy it cheap and hold it up increase but be careful about buying because not all altcoins appearing in coinmarket or new altcoins are longterm or potentially so be careful to keep your money out of pocket.
Romeotom

Activity: 814
Merit: 20

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 04:03:56 PM

Holding is a good aspect to achieve profits easily but it can be in short time and it may take more time. It depends on the surface of the crypto market. If your holding coins are huge in the demand market then it is possible to get good profits in less time.
Jenkins33

Activity: 194

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 04:46:36 PM

Why sit and hodl coin?

If you get such a big profit from trading, then you really do not need to hold your coins for a long time and wait for their prices to rise. Unfortunately, I can't trade, so I invest for a long time.

sends1

Activity: 756
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2019, 04:50:56 PM

I sit and hold the coin while monitoring the progress, if the price is at the peak I sell and vice versa the soul below I buy. If you already have more knowledge in the world of trading, the benefits are far more pronounced especially if the amount of the balance is large
pandanaran

Activity: 1048
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 05:15:03 PM

I sit and hold the coin while monitoring the progress, if the price is at the peak I sell and vice versa the soul below I buy. If you already have more knowledge in the world of trading, the benefits are far more pronounced especially if the amount of the balance is large
yes, right in my opinion, broad knowledge is important, especially about trade because we will more easily avoid risk and open opportunities for holding or selling. We know the market is very unstable and Altcoin must have weaknesses so that before deciding something, we must look at the conditions and not sell them when the price is high enough.

spydee1522

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 11:39:08 PM

Why sell cheap if you can hold and get enough profit for a couple of weeks of months, even bitcoin of all coins started somewhere before it reached where it is now so why will i sell cheap knowing my coins will one day yield enough. Proud hodler

HYDAX EXCHANGE ⎈ BOUNTY ⎈ ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
ExchangeFutures & OptionsIEOAPPCommunity
Cianix

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 12:53:54 PM

Those who held bitcoin for a long time and the rest of the altcoins clearly will not sell now , most will wait for a new bull market , as long-term investments can earn a lot

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Icologies

Activity: 994

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 01:02:11 PM

Those who held bitcoin for a long time and the rest of the altcoins clearly will not sell now , most will wait for a new bull market , as long-term investments can earn a lot
I a gree with you , there nothing wrong we hold guaranteed coins like bitcoin and ethereum even though to get profit takes a long time, the most important thing is clearly profit, so I think holding the road right, while waiting for the bull run

NewRanger

Activity: 1582
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2019, 01:03:25 PM

yes, right in my opinion, broad knowledge is important, especially about trade because we will more easily avoid risk and open opportunities for holding or selling. We know the market is very unstable and Altcoin must have weaknesses so that before deciding something, we must look at the conditions and not sell them when the price is high enough.
we have several reason why we hold our coins although its price down alot.our patience will help us someday while all cryptocurrency price already recovered,and we need to improve our skill in order same condition will not happen to us again.
dEjAvOU

Activity: 532
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 01:21:40 PM

It is difficult to answer when the market conditions have not recovered, if it sells now then I have to lose, better still hold and hope that the market will improve soon so that it can get a decent profit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: