Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:33:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Sloth] Slothcoin - SHA3 - UPDATE TO 1.3 - Digishield  (Read 147805 times)
LordCoder

Activity: 712
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:27:10 PM

I didn't remember this coin. Nice to go back in the past.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
oldambtster

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

It's life Jim, but not as we know it...

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 09:37:46 AM
Last edit: August 21, 2015, 06:45:12 AM by oldambtster

Hm, something says me that there is something going on with root of all coins...?
Seems that even SN spoke from the hidden again.

But anyway, almost done with the (rebranded) fork.

sounds good, what changes are you making?  block 300000 is around 36000 blocks away, should allow everyone enough time to update.

Noticed there is a Sloth Coin:1.3.0.1 on the network, someone tinkering?  is there an updated walletqt available yet for windows users?

Definitely on board with anyone that can help slothcoin Smiley

Yes, there is still time, 45 days +/-. ( Lost most of my coding changes yesterday, so there is a little hickup there...  Grin )

Most significant change is the reward system, to make sure it will stay under the int64 range limit. The first 10 days will give a nice big reward round, after that it will reward at a steady 4321 COIN per found block. Which will last for a few years, nice and sloth.

Difficulty will change every block, instead of two and there will be new hardcoded peers added. The network is still very healthy and confirmations go fast. (Almost 1GH of miner power active.) And some minor code changes, putting some dots on the i.

The 1.3.0.1 version is an experimental version of mine. And there is no Qt update for Windows yet, code not yet released on Github.

Graphical designer by profession, geek by nature.
oldambtster

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 09:44:29 AM

I didn't remember this coin. Nice to go back in the past.

It is still going sloth all the way.  Cool

oldambtster

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 06:47:50 AM

Difficulty is low, sub zero, now at the moment. So give solo-mining a go, try the console:
Code:
setgenerate true
Get 125K a block.  Cool

jm1978

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 10:33:59 AM

Difficulty is low, sub zero, now at the moment. So give solo-mining a go, try the console:
Code:
setgenerate true
Get 125K a block.  Cool

working good, got 3 million Sloths in less than 30 mins with my laptop.... like BTC at the begining Wink hahahahaha
oldambtster

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 11:08:49 AM

Code:
setgenerate true
Get 125K a block.  Cool

working good, got 3 million Sloths in less than 30 mins with my laptop.... like BTC at the begining Wink hahahahaha

Multi millionair in no time.  Cheesy

oldambtster

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 01:37:06 PM

One might notice a strange version number: 1.3.1.2  Grin

Currently testing Qt Wallet [GNU Linux]

LordCoder

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 02:02:47 PM

Where to download wallet?
oldambtster

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 02:29:42 PM

Where to download wallet?

Wallet is not yet ready for download, still testing.
Will anounce it here when it is.

( Currently only have a GNU Linux version. )

www.slick.cf/coin/sloth will be used for download info etcetera.

oldambtster

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 09:12:19 AM

Slothcoin 1.3.1 [build 2] has been released.
Currently only GNU-Linux binaries and sourcecode available

All data available at www.slick.cf/coin/sloth

May the Sloth be with you!

LordCoder

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 02:37:49 PM

Nice to hear that. I will mine this for sure.
oldambtster

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 05:38:51 PM

Nice to hear that. I will mine this for sure.

It is very mine-able. If version 1.3.1 takes off it will be for a longer period.

digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 03:06:56 AM

i'm using windows so cant try it out yet.   Undecided

but wow so much activity, sloth is moving fast, thanks for taking it up Cheesy

I also have some suggestions,  if there is going to be a hard fork seems a good time to improve and address some other issues affecting our sloth

Has coincontrol been added in the new build?  would be really helpful maintaining our wallet.dat    

difficulty adjustment? can DGW from DASH be implemented? from what i understand its currently the most advanced of the KGW, and fixes the issues with earlier versions of KGW which i think will fix the Sloth problem of long delays in finding the next block after large hash hits and then leaves after pushing difficulty up really high.

New ANN page, unlikely we get an updated OP here so it would good to have new thread that can be updated and reflect current status, info, exchanges, partners etc on sloth.  

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
oldambtster

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 07:37:10 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2015, 07:29:43 AM by oldambtster

i'm using windows so cant try it out yet.   Undecided

but wow so much activity, sloth is moving fast, thanks for taking it up Cheesy

I also have some suggestions,  if there is going to be a hard fork seems a good time to improve and address some other issues affecting our sloth

Has coincontrol been added in the new build?  would be really helpful maintaining our wallet.dat    

difficulty adjustment? can DGW from DASH be implemented? from what i understand its currently the most advanced of the KGW, and fixes the issues with earlier versions of KGW which i think will fix the Sloth problem of long delays in finding the next block after large hash hits and then leaves after pushing difficulty up really high.

New ANN page, unlikely we get an updated OP here so it would good to have new thread that can be updated and reflect current status, info, exchanges, partners etc on sloth.  

Thank you for thinking with me on this.

The focus of this build was mainly to get the figure of MAX_COIN fitting int64 limits and the reward system to match.

You could give it a go, on the current build, if you have some knowledge of VirtualBox and get Ubuntu/Lubuntu, or maybe even Debian, going in there, should do the trick. More about downloading: http://slick.cf/coin/sloth/download/ or if you just want the GNU-Linux build binaries: https://app.box.com/s/89m5is5k0oth03pe2yub56nj9wqjkjwv

Allready digging into making a WinX version, but this could take a while... Still hope somebody will pick up the challenge, besides me. It'd be better if a team were working on Sloth. So if anybody wants to be added as a collaborator at Github just Telegram.me / Oldambtster. (Telegram is a free messaging system works on all possible systems: telegram.org)

To answer your questions:

• Cointcontrol has not been added. (Will have to dig into that as well, first.)
  • Difficulty adjustment should be looked at, noticed this severe problem. It should alter the high difficulty and lower it after a certain time. Have to look into DGW, if that solves the problem.
  • A new ANN could be done in the near future, but only if this version takes off, could then be considered as a hard fork.

First thing to implement would be fixing the stuck blockchain after high difficulty. But any of that would not be of any use if there isn't someone that will make a WinX build.

Still, there is some time left. Otherwise the last version 1.3.0 would stay active, and I'll have to pull back 1.3.1 before block 300K.
(The real challenge for the unsigned 'int64' limit starts at 4 billion Slothcoin after block 300K has been mined.)

So Sloth we go.

Note: Diff. recalc will change from block 300K. From 2 to every block.

thimo (OP)

Activity: 490

thimo the dev

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 12:14:55 AM

ANNOUNCEMENT FROM FOUNDER and EX-DEV OF SLOTH

Sorry it took so long to write this but i felt little bit ashamed that i`ve disappeared from the community. Im really glad to see the coin still lives and you guys took it over.
While i do not want to go into details, i had many life issues [also loosing a job] and i had to go out from the internets for longer time. Situation was really unexpected and i do not want to say too much. That`s just how life is.
Great to see you guys still hold the coin and try to make it working.

Im currently back with new bigger project - MAPC, where we have a team of devs and will really do something good and big.
If you guys still believe in me and can understand my situation from year ago, give it some support. ICO at C-CEX ends in 24h from now.
Sorry to post so late but i was really ashamed, yet i feel i have to share with you my new project.

Links:  ANN THREAD https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1158633.0
ICO escrwoed by C-CEX here: https://c-cex.com/?p=mapc-btc [last 24h]

About SLOTH. While until coin+app are released im tied to MAPC after this time if you will have issues i will help with Windows/OSX QTs.
I get a tear in the eye seeing how good this community is and how loyal to SLOTH you guys are.
So for now mine/use SLOTH and check my other project, after things clam down with MAPC i will give here my support hand.

Regards guzs, You are GREAT!

thimo

i can rent this1
bumbacoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 06:18:09 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2015, 01:09:14 PM by bumbacoin

here's a mac osx version .. compiled from https://github.com/oldambtster/Slothcoin
tested on 10.8.5

https://mega.nz/#!mUFSCY7a!kwU23u57GJYuWuqAXipe6kFXaTYCrcwvADEEEnbDpAM

💦☔️🐳💚💖💛
go to
cryptobetfair.com
ask for a voucher

████████████████
██████████████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████
███████████
█████████
███████████
████████████
████████████
███████████
█████████████
██████████████
███████████████
████████████████
████████████████
🐠👻🍗🌳🐵
oldambtster

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 08:31:12 AM

ANNOUNCEMENT FROM FOUNDER and EX-DEV OF SLOTH

Sorry it took so long to write this but i felt little bit ashamed that i`ve disappeared from the community. Im really glad to see the coin still lives and you guys took it over.
While i do not want to go into details, i had many life issues [also loosing a job] and i had to go out from the internets for longer time. Situation was really unexpected and i do not want to say too much. That`s just how life is.
Great to see you guys still hold the coin and try to make it working.

Im currently back with new bigger project - MAPC, where we have a team of devs and will really do something good and big.
If you guys still believe in me and can understand my situation from year ago, give it some support. ICO at C-CEX ends in 24h from now.
Sorry to post so late but i was really ashamed, yet i feel i have to share with you my new project.

Links:  ANN THREAD https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1158633.0
ICO escrwoed by C-CEX here: https://c-cex.com/?p=mapc-btc [last 24h]

About SLOTH. While until coin+app are released im tied to MAPC after this time if you will have issues i will help with Windows/OSX QTs.
I get a tear in the eye seeing how good this community is and how loyal to SLOTH you guys are.
So for now mine/use SLOTH and check my other project, after things clam down with MAPC i will give here my support hand.

Regards guzs, You are GREAT!

thimo

Hi Thimo,

Great to see your back. We all can relate to life giving unforseen challenges that will take all our time and effort. So hopefully there are new horizons coming up for you!

The Sloth is an amazing creature and and a coin to match that is awesome, specially because it is keccak. Thank you for creating it in the first place. Hope that a team can make it go Sloth all the way for a long time. Thanks to Multifaucet and Cryptopia it got a positive boost. It does it's name honour, Sloth so it goes.

Would indeed appreciate if you could / would take care of the WinX builds. ( I am really horrible at that...  Grin) Thanks in advance and send me your Sloth Address so I can then send you the Bounty.

Good luck with your new project!

oldambtster

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 08:34:16 AM

Awesome! Thanks very much!
Please give me your Sloth address so I can send you your Bounty.

BTW I saw that that I miscalculated about 900K in the new reward system, so am working on build 3. Hope you'll support that too.

oldambtster

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 08:39:14 AM

Another build needed for version 1.3.1, unfortunately...

Embarrassed Miscalculated about 900K in Sloth, sorry, so had to go back to altering the award system. Allready have fixed it last night, but it needs to be (re)build.

Will commit the changes to Github ASAP.

pineapples
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

to your stations, man the pineapples!!!

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 08:41:32 AM

Another build needed for version 1.3.1, unfortunately...

Embarrassed Miscalculated about 900K in Sloth, sorry, so had to go back to altering the award system. Allready have fixed it last night, but it needs to be (re)build.

Will commit the changes to Github ASAP.

willl keep an eye out for updates ..

YEEE F*#KIN HA BIG RED TEXT !!!           

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: