Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 02:18:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Sloth] Slothcoin - SHA3 - UPDATE TO 1.3 - Digishield  (Read 147812 times)
MaddRussian

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 12:26:56 PM

When we gonna reach doge's rate ? :-)
doremi

Activity: 654
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:10:43 PM

so...this is a coin that trying hard to be another joke coin?
thimo (OP)

Activity: 490

thimo the dev

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:32:15 PM

so...this is a coin that trying hard to be another joke coin?
We don't know, we're a bit slow.

i can rent this1
daimi85

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:25:15 PM

Slothcoin is takin` everything a bit slower. Nomen est omen ^^

coin5l1

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:48:17 PM

MrE78

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:26:52 PM

Why cryptorush became so slooow ? Because of sloths maybe ? :-)

Yyou been under a rock they stole the owner is a douche and CR is now a worthless exchange anyone that trades on there is about as stupid aas they come now.

Like CEX.IO but better SCRYPT.CC Scrypt based cloud hashing PM for script for auto reinvest
thimo (OP)

thimo the dev

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:35:54 PM

Twitter @Beezy_u asked the following question: "@Slothcoin Serious question - What are you and why are you? Whats the intention of Slothcoin?"

What is Slothcoin?
We are a new, modern cryptocurrency and we are aiming to be the most open cryptocurrency currently developing. With the most open, we mean that anyone can join, new users and old users. It's based on the idea of Dogecoin, and is technically based on Maxcoin, but improved. The thing is, Dogecoin uses Scrypt and as we all know Scrypt is hardware intense as it maximizes the use of your hardware's memory and stresses it to it's maximum. Scrypt has been around for a relatively long time (since 2011). Application Specific Integrated Circuits, or ASICs, were announced late last year and have been launched since February. Right now, as I type this, Scrypt is being overtaken by ASICs. There is no opportunity for people that are new to cryptocurrencies to try and mine coins that use Scrypt with the normal pc or with the laptops. And that scares away a lot of people.

The community around Dogecoin was created because it was open to anyone. A lot of people joined because they we're invited by nice people to try something else and stayed for the fun and the community.

In my opinion, Dogecoin is technically outdated and flawed. The flawed part is that the block time is 60 seconds, which results a way too high supply(which we found out the hard way). Another thing is that the algorithm is bad for your hardware. The algorithm is closed to newcomers because it is going to be dominated by ASICs (no algorithm is ASIC proof, there is always a way).

That brings in Maxcoin, it uses SHA-3 as it's algorithm. SHA-3 has currently a lot of advantages, it doesn't stress your cards as much as scrypt, therefore it's more energy efficient and that results in cooler hardware. A lot of people who are mining Slothcoin repeatedly say that it mines like a charm. SHA-3 knows no commercial ASICs, so there are no major players in the game except people who have huge mining rigs.

So, why not mine Maxcoin?
Well, Maxcoin had a shitty launched and was overhyped by Max Keiser. That doesn't mean it's a shitty coin, no no. But the blocktime of 30 seconds is as many say an invalid blocktime. There is no way a market can sustain a stable rate when the supply is as huge as it is with Maxcoin. The same can be said about Dogecoin.

If you look at the chart for both coins, you can see the declining line, here is dogecoin and here is maxcoin.

So why Slothcoin then?
We choose SHA-3 because of it's advantages, open to anyone and better for your hardware. We choose a Sloth as mascotte, because (almost) everyone loves Sloths. We didn't want a temporary meme hype so we choose an animal that's timeless and does not care about time.

So Sloth, has seen a succesfull launch, no fucking around, no relaunches. We've seen trade volume of up to 2 billion sloth which equated to around 25 BTC in a mere 3 days. We soon found out that 60 second blocktimes were too short so we've hardforked too a longer blocktime of 2,5 minutes. Unfortunately, people are clogging the Sloth/btc market with 1 satoshi order right now, so i've requested exchange owners to set up the Sloth/LTC pair to try and flush the market. The high blockrewards are there, to make sure that Slothcoin does not end up a comma-currency, which appeals more to anyone.

What does the future hold?
I'll be updating the wallet and we will be trying to keep things managed. There are a lot of plans, like adopting sloths and helping out sloth sanctuaries for some publicity. I and some of the dedicated Sloths you can find in this topic, will try to spread the word about Slothcoin. When i talk to people about Sloth, they usually sound enthousiastic, that's a point that tells me this coin has potential. If you join us, you will like it. The people in this thread are nice people and the people on the rest of our media are likeable people as well. I will be here to answer any questions and help you people as far as i can.

i can rent this1
daimi85

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:56:40 PM

Twitter @Beezy_u asked the following question: "@Slothcoin Serious question - What are you and why are you? Whats the intention of Slothcoin?"

What is Slothcoin?
We are a new, modern cryptocurrency and we are aiming to be the most open cryptocurrency currently developing. With the most open, we mean that anyone can join, new users and old users. It's based on the idea of Dogecoin, and is technically based on Maxcoin, but improved. The thing is, Dogecoin uses Scrypt and as we all know Scrypt is hardware intense as it maximizes the use of your hardware's memory and stresses it to it's maximum. Scrypt has been around for a relatively long time (since 2011). Application Specific Integrated Circuits, or ASICs, were announced late last year and have been launched since February. Right now, as I type this, Scrypt is being overtaken by ASICs. There is no opportunity for people that are new to cryptocurrencies to try and mine coins that use Scrypt with the normal pc or with the laptops. And that scares away a lot of people.

The community around Dogecoin was created because it was open to anyone. A lot of people joined because they we're invited by nice people to try something else and stayed for the fun and the community.

In my opinion, Dogecoin is technically outdated and flawed. The flawed part is that the block time is 60 seconds, which results a way too high supply(which we found out the hard way). Another thing is that the algorithm is bad for your hardware. The algorithm is closed to newcomers because it is going to be dominated by ASICs (no algorithm is ASIC proof, there is always a way).

That brings in Maxcoin, it uses SHA-3 as it's algorithm. SHA-3 has currently a lot of advantages, it doesn't stress your cards as much as scrypt, therefore it's more energy efficient and that results in cooler hardware. A lot of people who are mining Slothcoin repeatedly say that it mines like a charm. SHA-3 knows no commercial ASICs, so there are no major players in the game except people who have huge mining rigs.

So, why not mine Maxcoin?
Well, Maxcoin had a shitty launched and was overhyped by Max Keiser. That doesn't mean it's a shitty coin, no no. But the blocktime of 30 seconds is as many say an invalid blocktime. There is no way a market can sustain a stable rate when the supply is as huge as it is with Maxcoin. The same can be said about Dogecoin.

If you look at the chart for both coins, you can see the declining line, here is dogecoin and here is maxcoin.

So why Slothcoin then?
We choose SHA-3 because of it's advantages, open to anyone and better for your hardware. We choose a Sloth as mascotte, because (almost) everyone loves Sloths. We didn't want a temporary meme hype so we choose an animal that's timeless and does not care about time.

So Sloth, has seen a succesfull launch, no fucking around, no relaunches. We've seen trade volume of up to 2 billion sloth which equated to around 25 BTC in a mere 3 days. We soon found out that 60 second blocktimes were too short so we've hardforked too a longer blocktime of 2,5 minutes. Unfortunately, people are clogging the Sloth/btc market with 1 satoshi order right now, so i've requested exchange owners to set up the Sloth/LTC pair to try and flush the market. The high blockrewards are there, to make sure that Slothcoin does not end up a comma-currency, which appeals more to anyone.

What does the future hold?
I'll be updating the wallet and we will be trying to keep things managed. There are a lot of plans, like adopting sloths and helping out sloth sanctuaries for some publicity. I and some of the dedicated Sloths you can find in this topic, will try to spread the word about Slothcoin. When i talk to people about Sloth, they usually sound enthousiastic, that's a point that tells me this coin has potential. If you join us, you will like it. The people in this thread are nice people and the people on the rest of our media are likeable people as well. I will be here to answer any questions and help you people as far as i can.

CHAPEAU!! Nicely said ...

btw. good to see an enthusiastic and careing developer
BarryBatsBak

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 07:53:32 PM

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Slothcoin/611736302229706
daimi85

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:24:25 PM

I get lots of rejected shares @ imine.at

plz check,

thx
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 10:20:50 PM

Check out this game i made for slothcoin, it includes information about slothcoin too!!

two avaliable links;
http://flappysloth.clay.io/
http://bruins-tech.co.uk/games/sloth/

if you like what i've done please let me know!
Donations accepted:
BTC: 1MmUuoFx31HyPB7eLnyLAxRjyWBjLHNhFk
SLOTH: SisWwjWe7NbRdVUg9LxuwmQdzwht5iL1Yc
BorisTheSpider

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 10:25:27 PM

When i talk to people about Sloth, they usually sound enthousiastic, that's a point that tells me this coin has potential. If you join us, you will like it. The people in this thread are nice people and the people on the rest of our media are likeable people as well. I will be here to answer any questions and help you people as far as i can.

Nice! Yeah, that's why I'm mining SLOTH - it's not only a nice meme, the people in the thread all seem cool too - it's a refreshing change from a lot of other coins!
mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 10:48:48 PM

There are a lot of plans, like adopting sloths and helping out sloth sanctuaries for some publicity.

I want to do more on this front. Will donate 500,000SLOTH for a costa rica shelter.

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
djek31

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:31:04 PM

These guy's seem to have the right idea. Maybe this is what we need to do!?

BatCoin IPO Program

Goals:

1. get Batcoin to be listed on Cryptsy
2. rise the BTC that we need to pass Cryptsy voting ASAP
3. proft the BatShare holders
4. Dark Knight

Steps:

1. we are going to sell 100M BatShares (represented as BatCoins) for 7 satoshi each

2. the BTC earned from the previous step will be used strictly for Cryptsy voting, you will be able to follow the btc with blockchain.info

3. BatCoin will reach the first positions on the voting list and this will make people will start to invest and bat value will rise accordingly

4. BatCoin will enter the Cryptsy world

5. 15 days after the day bat is added to crptsy, the BatShare holders will be rewarded by this way:

*BatShares will be bought back at the price represented by this formula CurrentPrice + CurrentPrice-7,meaning we will double the difference between the prices
     so for example: you buy 10,000,000 shares at 0.7 BTC - the price goes up to 8 satoshis on cryptsy, we are buying back at 9 satoshis( 8+ 8-7) so that's 0.9 for you

*IF in 30 days the price won't rise on cryptsy to at least 7 satoshis, we will buy back the shares at 7 satoshis meaning you will NOT lose BTC in any case

*the list of the batShare holders will be publicly available (with censored usernames) trough google docs or a similar platform
whitesand77

Activity: 125

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 12:24:46 AM

Need a Scrooge McSloth meme.
eightspaces

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 12:25:28 AM

will this ever go beyond 1 satoshi?
thimo (OP)

thimo the dev

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 01:03:01 AM

will this ever go beyond 1 satoshi?
It will, we need to move the dumpers stashes to people who actually believe in the coin. We're going to do that by opening a Sloth/LTC market on atomic-trade, to flush the market.

On another notice: I have finished the Slothcoin 1.1.1 revision, it's not mandatory.

Changes:
-Minimum transaction fee of 1 Sloth
-Added formatting to balances, makes it easier to read
-Removed the miningtab with the integrated miner, as it's inneficient
-Fixed the logo inside the wallet(top and bottom being cut off)

Windows client can be downloaded here:
https://mega.co.nz/#!LsgS1T6S!yNFrNd3CLJs0Lwjtt3u05KKq2AjjXcsgaa_OC8sqQh4
Source can be found here:
http://github.com/thimod/Slothcoin

And don't forget to vote on https://coinano.com/vote

i can rent this1
thimo (OP)

thimo the dev

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:53:32 AM

There were some connection problems with the main nodes, a firewall decided that it would be okay to block incoming connections. Should be fixed right now!

i can rent this1
BtcBrothers

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:01:04 AM

iMine Pools Smiley - Enjoy mining
1% Fee | Prop Payout | Dedicated Servers | Multi Backups

We have nearly paid out 1 BILLION SLOTH Cheesy Come and join us miner. We will be giving away 2M SLOTH to celebrate our 1 BILLION Sloth party!!!!  Cheesy
as a continuous miner @ your pool, I can only thank you.

Fast pool, fast payout.

THX!!

Thanks mate! Means alot Smiley

We had a short break just then to upgrade the nodes. We were getting 0 active nodes, but thanks to thimo the great Slothman for the magical nodes we are back on the road.
BtcBrothers

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:35:11 AM

I get lots of rejected shares @ imine.at

plz check,

thx

We had lost our active node connection which resulted in the rejects. We have since resolved the issue Smiley. Thank you and appreciate the comment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: