Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 10:56:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Sloth] Slothcoin - SHA3 - UPDATE TO 1.3 - Digishield  (Read 147811 times)
whitesand77

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:57:26 AM

Coinano shows bltz buy orders instead of sloth with a course 0.00000153 btc... Am I the only one who see it ? :-)

I saw that and got excited to see it moving then refreshed....
thimo (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

thimo the dev

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:42:56 PM

The site is updated! If anyone has some suggestions for the site, please post here or send me a message.
We also had a somewhat other design of the site that you can find here: http://slothcoin.org/index1.html.

I have also received some suggestions, that we need to get rid of the rapey images.

Some suggestions coming from Rasdisputin
1.) Unique Services - Value driven by utility rather than market speculation
2.) Website Update - Who are the developers (technical backgrounds/roles) and what's on the horizon for sloth coin.  (Will do this)
3.) Reddit Presence - I liked the hardfork giveaway. It would be awesome if someone could set up a tipbot. (I can't get the standard tipbot to run, 10 million Sloth bounty if you can get one to run.)

Now for point 1 to happen, there needs to be some market and/or a reasonably sized community. Now people are always positive when i tell them about Sloth. Let's start inviting them to the subreddit and this thread.

i can rent this1
djek31

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:45:23 PM

Coinano shows bltz buy orders instead of sloth with a course 0.00000153 btc... Am I the only one who see it ? :-)

Same here!
BarryBatsBak

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:09:49 PM

Together we can make this happen, and more likes will help introduce slothcoin to new people

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Slothcoin/611736302229706

b1nary

Activity: 113

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:13:49 PM

The site is updated! If anyone has some suggestions for the site, please post here or send me a message.
We also had a somewhat other design of the site that you can find here: http://slothcoin.org/index1.html.

I have also received some suggestions, that we need to get rid of the rapey images.

2.) Website Update - Who are the developers (technical backgrounds/roles) and what's on the horizon for sloth coin.  (Will do this)
3.) Reddit Presence - I liked the hardfork giveaway. It would be awesome if someone could set up a tipbot. (I can't get the standard tipbot to run, 10 million Sloth bounty if you can get one to run.)

Now for point 1 to happen, there needs to be some market and/or a reasonably sized community. Now people are always positive when i tell them about Sloth. Let's start inviting them to the subreddit and this thread.

Some suggestions.

- I am missing some paddings / margins
- None of the used fonts exists on my work machine, so i get the default font (Windows 7 box)
- It could use a somewhat more modern touch

Well, give me a sec, ill do a quick redesign with my thoughts Smiley
thimo (OP)

thimo the dev

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:39:12 PM

Some suggestions.

- None of the used fonts exists on my work machine, so i get the default font (Windows 7 box)

It's the Georgia font, so that should not be a problem on any machine. What do you mean, modern touch?

i can rent this1
b1nary

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:30:25 PM

2.) Website Update - Who are the developers (technical backgrounds/roles) and what's on the horizon for sloth coin.  (Will do this)

Some suggestions.

It's the Georgia font, so that should not be a problem on any machine. What do you mean, modern touch?

Ok i failed, doesnt look nearly as good as imagined.

Georgia is part of the MS-Core fonts. I dont have them installed on any of my systems, except my windows work machine. (I found out that it does work here, but i didnt get it because its defined twice in the css and i only disabled it once to see the diff.). I am no fan of serif fonts anyway, so you dont have to listen to me at all here.

About the modern touch, again its the font that let it look like a "classic website", the small navigations with the strong borders, the single pinkish background color, the more or less random paddings and margins on the top, between navigation and the hr, and the 2 boxes left and right which seem to be a little alone down there.

Look at how dogecoin uses a similiar design but strong colors to make clear where the user has to look at. All important links are directly accessible, without probably crazy submenus. When talking about submenus, as user i assume this to be a navigation and not that it is linking me to varius different resources.

Or to take something totally different, RDD has my favorite coin site so far. You go on this site, and instantly know it has to be something social. Then you keep reading and get the idea why RDD is better/different/whatever than other coins plus you get linked to every other information you could probably need in a related context.

Another factor that needs to be named is the responsive'ness. I dont know about coin sites, but i usually see something between 15-30% mobile users in webstats. People love adaptive mobile optimized designs (or i do so intense that i assume everybody does). And yet another thing, i would not download any resources from mega where i could use github or a orginal resource aswell. I think it looks a little fishy (i know it isnt, but people could see it that way) to dont have orginal resources linked in the miner section.

I hope you dont get me wrong, its actually my day work to criticize and create websites, there is nearly no website i can look at without seeing small details everywhere that could be optimized.
thimo (OP)

thimo the dev

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:04:21 PM

Georgia is part of the MS-Core fonts. I dont have them installed on any of my systems, except my windows work machine. (I found out that it does work here, but i didnt get it because its defined twice in the css and i only disabled it once to see the diff.). I am no fan of serif fonts anyway, so you dont have to listen to me at all here.

About the modern touch, again its the font that let it look like a "classic website", the small navigations with the strong borders, the single pinkish background color, the more or less random paddings and margins on the top, between navigation and the hr, and the 2 boxes left and right which seem to be a little alone down there.

Look at how dogecoin uses a similiar design but strong colors to make clear where the user has to look at. All important links are directly accessible, without probably crazy submenus. When talking about submenus, as user i assume this to be a navigation and not that it is linking me to varius different resources.

Or to take something totally different, RDD has my favorite coin site so far. You go on this site, and instantly know it has to be something social. Then you keep reading and get the idea why RDD is better/different/whatever than other coins plus you get linked to every other information you could probably need in a related context.

Another factor that needs to be named is the responsive'ness. I dont know about coin sites, but i usually see something between 15-30% mobile users in webstats. People love adaptive mobile optimized designs (or i do so intense that i assume everybody does). And yet another thing, i would not download any resources from mega where i could use github or a orginal resource aswell. I think it looks a little fishy (i know it isnt, but people could see it that way) to dont have orginal resources linked in the miner section.

I hope you dont get me wrong, its actually my day work to criticize and create websites, there is nearly no website i can look at without seeing small details everywhere that could be optimized.
I have not read your story yet, but the font is fucking amazing!
So how did you create that website, because that one it ten times better than the current one. It's a lot more neat, it may use some extra styling but it looks great. I actually suck at making websites, the person who does our website, is pretty decent, but not proffesional.
Also, i don't have a lot of money, our hosting contract says we may not upload and share files from the server. We may only host a website and smaller files. Reddcoin site is pretty amazing, but i don't think it will fit Slothcoin. It looks too neat for me and slothcoin needs a more chill out and relax type of site.

i can rent this1
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:20:32 PM

`""==,,__ 
         `"==..__"=..__ _    _..-==""_
              .-,`"=/ /\ \""/_)==""``
               ( (    | | | \/ |
                \ '.  |  \;  \ /
                 |  \ |   |   ||
            ,-._.'  |_|   |   ||
            .\_/\     -'   ;   Y
           |  `  |        /    |-.
           '. __/_    _.-'     /'
   b        `'-.._____.-'

b1nary

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:39:42 PM

So how did you create that website, because that one it ten times better than the current one. It's a lot more neat, it may use some extra styling but it looks great. I actually suck at making websites, the person who does our website, is pretty decent, but not proffesional.
Also, i don't have a lot of money, our hosting contract says we may not upload and share files from the server. We may only host a website and smaller files. Reddcoin site is pretty amazing, but i don't think it will fit Slothcoin. It looks too neat for me and slothcoin needs a more chill out and relax type of site.

sorry for the wall of text, i was flashed Smiley you are right that RDD is not the right example, its not what slothcoin is.

I did that "mockup" in like an hour or an half just to try my idea. it didnt work out to well, but i probably gonna try to make something when i find some more time. just playing with some ideas.
thimo (OP)

thimo the dev

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:05:19 PM

sorry for the wall of text, i was flashed Smiley you are right that RDD is not the right example, its not what slothcoin is.

I did that "mockup" in like an hour or an half just to try my idea. it didnt work out to well, but i probably gonna try to make something when i find some more time. just playing with some ideas.
I'm going to try and style the wallet in such a way, that's a bit more jungly Smiley

i can rent this1
MaddRussian

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:54:09 PM

Slothcoin.org needs more info about coin... What is crhptocyrrency, what is sha-3, how to mine, etc... Not everyone know the fact that cryptocurrencies exists and what is is :-) And somehow promote the idea, that slothcoin is a great opportunity to invest...
And of course everyone must create sell orders not less then 0.00000002 :-) (English is not my first language)
UltraMegaMan

Activity: 75

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:44:50 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2014, 11:24:44 AM by UltraMegaMan

alnitak

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:52:12 AM

Sloths are on the BBC!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-26734289
MaxOnBit

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:58:59 AM

This is nice Smiley

MaddRussian

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:14:10 AM

Lets donate her some slothcoins :-)
g0re79

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

I´ve got a picture! Haha!

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 12:47:28 PM

This is actually scary as hell:

Don´t deal with crappy shitcoins and stop wasting electricity
Support real science instead
[/url]
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 01:43:52 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2014, 11:35:47 PM by Brewins

GIVEAWAY ON REDDITS!!!! >>>>>>>http://www.reddit.com/r/SlothCoin/comments/228edi/millionaires_slothcoin_giveawaycompetition/
stan26

Activity: 195

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 01:54:53 PM

The Tao of Sloth

What would it be like to be a sloth? Human life would be a blur. Sloths seem to embody a central tenet of Taoism "action through non-action" so let's consider a "Tao of Sloth":

* Eat slowly - The sloth's diet of leaves is hard to digest, their approach is to allow plenty of time
    * Hang out - Sloths save energy by hanging from their claws rather than using their muscles
    * Smile all the time - Sloths are cute and appear to smile though they're not primates, they're related to anteaters and armadillos
    * Be kind and others will be kind to you - Three-toed sloths climb down from the safety of the tree canopy to poo on the ground, for the benefit of moths that live in their fur (the moths in turn encourage the growth of beneficial algae)

thimo (OP)

thimo the dev

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:12:33 PM

Great giveaway brewins!

You guys should check out the new website htpp://slothcoin.org/. I will try to expand it a little, compile some linux clients add some more info!

i can rent this1
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: