Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:49:42 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who will win the smart contracts competition?  (Read 548 times)
thecodebear (OP)

Activity: 2142
Merit: 824

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 11:09:58 PM

Ethereum was obviously the leader and the only main smart contract platform of 2017 and 2018. But now I see that EOS is doing roughly double the activity as Ethereum and even Tron is doing around as much if not more activity as Ethereum.

Do you think EOS will be the big smart contract platform of the next crypto boom (and possibly further in to the future)? Or will Ethereum manage to hold its lead with its future tech upgrade scaling solutions?

Or is there another platform you think will challenge them?

Right now I'm thinking EOS could very well challenge Ethereum for smart contract dominance during the next crypto boom.
EnormousCoin101

Activity: 510
Merit: 100

BBOD fast, non-custodial & transparent Exchange

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 11:35:20 PM

I've seen a lot of projects that has been drifting away from Ethereum-meta due to the network congestion though Ethereum blockchain is still one of the easy to use and understand platform for newbies in crypto industry so I think Ethereum will stay on top for a longer time.

bangjoe

Activity: 1470
Merit: 714

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 11:58:12 PM

EOS is good and has the potential to destroy ethereum dominance as a platform and smart contract, but even so I don't think that ethereum will lose easily because ethereum also seeks to improve the quality and number of users, one of which is to make hardfork and that will make people returned to see ethereum again after they tried to turn away

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Tipstar

Activity: 1806
Merit: 281

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 01:19:33 AM

Where can I find the data of which of them are having the largest number of smart contracts made and number of execution?
All I encounter everywhere are just ethereum smart contracts. It's something like 99 for ethereum and 1 for the rest of all.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

amrulshare

Activity: 1316
Merit: 546

Monday Hit Me Every week

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 01:33:22 AM

I don't think that EOS will be an Ethereum competitor on the scale of smart contract development, if compared to other smart paltforn contracts Ethereum remains superior and is a freindly user.

The main key to success is in the value of assets that are getting more valuable. Recommended Crypto Trading platform Binance.com
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 2150

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2019, 02:31:56 AM

Right now I'm thinking EOS could very well challenge Ethereum for smart contract dominance during the next crypto boom.
Too bad that Ethereum 1.0 cannot function properly. ETH camp desperately needs Ethereum 2.0 with much faster performance if they want to challenge EOS (and TRON). Just look at https://dappradar.com/ to see who is the real winner.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Beldon

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 02:40:38 AM

I think ethereum will still be the best smart contract, ethereum has the advantage that it is difficult to exceed other coins, but we will see it in the future, will ethereum remain the best contract or will it be shifted by other coins

▄▄▄        WINDHAN        |   RENEWABLE ENERGY PROJECT   ▄▄▄
||███    (((  Pre-Sale is Live  )))  ▐ ███  JOIN NOW   ███ ▌    ███||
Whitepaper  |  OnePager  |  ANN  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram
Cat Coin

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 04:57:48 AM

About the dispute who will be the first EOS or Ethereum will show time. Everything develops. I think that then there will be more specialized areas in the platforms. No one in the investment market can predict for sure. Choose what is convenient at this time.

jessyj48

Activity: 756
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 05:02:08 AM

Ethereum used to be the king of smart contracting on blockchain and now that the CEO himself hands down for tron does makes me feel that tron is better and in short time will beat ethereum and others like EOS and neo

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 05:10:01 AM

ethereum has a lot of problems and it has already lost the "competition" a long time ago. we didn't notice this because of ICO scams that have been occurring. an ICO scam focuses on easiness of creating their scam while wanting the most amount of hype. during 2017 although Ethereum's issues were clear but the hype was huge so they all stuck to it. but now that ICOs are dying we are seeing how everyone has already migrated to other platforms with less issues and better security, some of which are even decentralized unlike the centralized ethereum.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 07:11:39 AM

ethereum is only being used more because it is staying on top thanks to its manipulated market cap and when it is used more it translates into existence of lots of code that people can copy easier. and that is what the ICO scammers always wanted. they will never choose another platform where they can't find that many easy code to copy from.

but as others grow and the ICO scammers see the ease of use of those platforms they will dump ethereum just as fast and move to those platforms pumping them instead.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Ains_sama

Activity: 608
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 07:45:06 AM

it's true that EOS is increasing in its smart contracts, but I still strongly believe that ethereum will continue to be the leader of the altcoin and as a big smart contract.
Nekoma2018
Copper Member

Activity: 493
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2019, 09:02:32 AM

Ethereum was obviously the leader and the only main smart contract platform of 2017 and 2018. But now I see that EOS is doing roughly double the activity as Ethereum and even Tron is doing around as much if not more activity as Ethereum.

Do you think EOS will be the big smart contract platform of the next crypto boom (and possibly further in to the future)? Or will Ethereum manage to hold its lead with its future tech upgrade scaling solutions?

Or is there another platform you think will challenge them?

I strongly disagree with how eos smart contract work... if I was to pick an alternative smart contract I would go for tron instead of EOS...
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 09:14:13 AM

As of now, I am still seeing ETH to be the market leader for smart contracts. But we never know, maybe there will be a great project coming up to replace ETH in becoming the smart contract market leader.
sertans
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 09:35:34 AM

I think ETH has a big advantage of being the first one and having bigger community when we compare to other coins. On the other hand hard working will pay. As we know some of the projects are working harder then ETH team to get more share on competition.
Mr.Noda

Activity: 1344
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 09:39:19 AM

I hope it will be Ethereum. He has proven himself very well over the year of existence.

███    TWITTER     █████████████████ MEGABSC ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                  ██████  HYBRID DEFI ON BINANCE SMART CHAIN  █████    FACEBOOK PAGE    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████     SWAP      ███████████████████       MEDIUM      ███
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 11:03:51 AM

As of now, I am still seeing ETH to be the market leader for smart contracts. But we never know, maybe there will be a great project coming up to replace ETH in becoming the smart contract market leader.
Ethereum is the creator of smartcontract and other platforms only plagiarized the smartcontract that created by ethereum. EOS is a crap platform consider when dan larimer was seeing an opportunity to get a lot of money when he was moving to the EOS and leave steemit that this time it has no future.
bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 11:10:12 AM

I may sound a bit biased but honestly im a long time eth supporter and i do not see any massive reason why eth will loose this game as they are already coming up with advanced solutions to the issues they have faced in the past and this year is full of aggressive developments for eth network so i think eth will strengthen its rank and dominance im expecting massive 2020 for eth.

lizarder

Activity: 1596
Merit: 881

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 11:23:16 AM

For ethereum, in my opinion, it will still master the smart contract for the future because they will certainly develop it for the better, for EOS, the potential to be seen is booming because their development is quite good, but still the main program of EOS is I rarely see tokens / coins from EOS can be traded on the major exchange while ethereum is often and even easy to list on the major exchange

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
nightl

Activity: 686
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 11:46:14 AM

First I want to say that their competition is really cool.
Thus projects will be able to move to new levels of technology.
My opinion is that ETH was a leader, and it will remain, it has a very large user base and conceptual developments.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: