Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:18:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who will win the smart contracts competition?  (Read 543 times)
thefoex

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 12:15:22 PM

Ethereum was obviously the leader and the only main smart contract platform of 2017 and 2018. But now I see that EOS is doing roughly double the activity as Ethereum and even Tron is doing around as much if not more activity as Ethereum.

Do you think EOS will be the big smart contract platform of the next crypto boom (and possibly further in to the future)? Or will Ethereum manage to hold its lead with its future tech upgrade scaling solutions?

Or is there another platform you think will challenge them?

Right now I'm thinking EOS could very well challenge Ethereum for smart contract dominance during the next crypto boom.
At present EOS still does not have enough strength to challenge ethereum. if you look at the advantages of eos it might be better. but if seen from the support of the ethereum community it is still far ahead of eos.

I think ethereum still can't be beaten even for the next few years, even though eth still has the same problem now. but that won't make eth left behind

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ivanserfg

Activity: 756
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2019, 12:20:44 PM

First I want to say that their competition is really cool.
Thus projects will be able to move to new levels of technology.
My opinion is that ETH was a leader, and it will remain, it has a very large user base and conceptual developments.
although of course there are already many other projects, and many have already written that the broadcast was killed. Before this is still very far away. simply because it was the first broadcast, and continue to work on it.

efrenbilantok

Activity: 576
Merit: 39

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 12:42:36 PM

I do believe ethereum will always remain as the best in smart contract,
tho eos and tron are doing well for improving the smart contract, still eth is the original and also have continuous development as well.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 03:36:38 PM

I don't there is a "winner" in this "competition" because this is not a competition, they all grow together and they all improve together.

If you want to look for a winner in the smart contract world than look at the mirror because you me and all others won thanks to this smart contract works. Ethereum will still exist and be amazing, eos will be too, and all others like that will be amazing too.

There is no stopping any of these. Think of the crypto currency world, bitcoin is huge but there are other amazing great coins too so that means bitcoin didn't "won" anything special, it just grew bigger thanks to other coins as well so everyone won, same applies here as well and we all will win thanks to the increasing rivalry between these coins in smart contract world.
danielchris

Activity: 574
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 03:48:33 PM

Although there are many different types of altccoin in the market & also apply way of competition one to another. But l think eth.is the best for  using and no anyone can beat.
Mikell556

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 05:00:30 PM

Ethereum was obviously the leader and the only main smart contract platform of 2017 and 2018. But now I see that EOS is doing roughly double the activity as Ethereum and even Tron is doing around as much if not more activity as Ethereum.

Do you think EOS will be the big smart contract platform of the next crypto boom (and possibly further in to the future)? Or will Ethereum manage to hold its lead with its future tech upgrade scaling solutions?

Right now I'm thinking EOS could very well challenge Ethereum for smart contract dominance during the next crypto boom.

On the basis of the EOS, game projects and projects for betting on various sports are created.
Etherium remains the platform for all other projects. I am sure that Ethereum will remain the best platform for creating new projects in the next few years. The network has seriously dropped the cost of transactions and this is a great opportunity for those who often make payments.
budiarmed
Copper Member

Activity: 381
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 05:14:14 PM

I think Ethereum will still be the best smart contract holder in Crypto, EOS and Tron can't get past Ethereum.

───[ PointGenieCoin ]───
─────────────[  ⭐ ⭐ Make money with your Social Media Content ⭐ ⭐  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    INSTAGRAM    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
takngantuk

Activity: 1024
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2019, 05:18:20 PM

for now and in the next few years, I think ethereum is still king.
there is no platform that can rival ethereum from various aspects. whether it's eos, waves, stellar and others. it is difficult to challenge ethereum, because the crypto community still believes in and supports ethereum
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2019, 09:27:36 PM

We can say that behind most of the successful projects are eth. But I do not really know how it will continue. Because, the falls in eth's price made the devs feel a little more thinking. Perhaps this will lead to changes in future decisions.
bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 10:45:30 PM

EOS and TRON are competing nicely with Ethereum. This is a good sign that the cryptocurrency industry is a healthy one. The presence of great competition in the market will surely lead to a more improved platforms. Thinking that Ethereum has lined up its upgrades already few months ago that will last until next year. Now, as EOS and Tron are growing in terms of clients, for sure upgrades will be needed in the future. This is a healthy competition.
republicrypto

Activity: 1386
Merit: 252

Keep it Simple guys :)

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 10:51:24 PM

well, at this moment a lot of project with smart contracts, but never beat ethereum
wich mean ethreum still be the top crypto with smart contracts, and i believe there will be no altcoins can beat ethereum my friend
EOS have a lot of chance on that, but, i'm sure, ethereum still better than eos  Wink
regards
cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 12:30:56 AM

I am always believe EOS will be good competitor for ethereum and i think have a chance to replace ethereum. Many new coin with smart contract but ethereum still the popular one. Its getting more interesting looking on crypto market right now and its become more attractive
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 02:54:04 AM

I think eth has already being trademark for smart contract for a long time and its not that easy to asked people to switch to other coin, EOS is not a bad coin and many people is fond of the coin to switch eth for smart contract, but its still too early for eos to compete with eth
fast2fix
Legendary

Activity: 1612
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 03:40:37 AM

there are a lot of smart contract platforms, which are more faster and better, it's hard to draw any conclusions. ethereum has large consumers and developers, with tons of improvements to eth network they most likely will be at top of the competition for some time, but sooner or later they will be replaced with something much better.
sircy

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 04:13:30 AM

Maybe it's not just EOS or TRON which is now increasing to become a smart contract platform, but there are still many others. But I see Ethereum will last a long time and will still be the top choice as a platform. Ethereum can continue to grow like Bitcoin, great hope is still in Ethereum.

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 06:55:07 AM

I am sure that Ethereum will continue to maintain its lead, if you compare their community base, you will understand that Ethereum community are much more quite stronger than any other existing or upcoming smart contract.

The challenge while other ones may also not be able to keep up is that of competitors and too many options that will come in at the same time not giving EOS room to be the only competitor, if EOS were to be the only Ethereum smart contract competitor, I will believe that it can get so close but, other ones will come into and there will be too many of them splitting same user, So this will also contribute to why Ethereum smart contract will always be recognized most.
guffie

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 07:04:53 AM

I think Ethereum is still the king of smart contract platforms. Ethereum is still recommended because so far it uses many successful Ethereum platforms. And the Ethereum platform still gets great support from investors.
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1158

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 03:48:01 PM

Despite their slow performance and 1.0 version, they have never disappointed any of their users, if they have not disappointed me in anyway; I see no reason why I should migrate to any other smart contract. Overtime we will see,an action speaks louder than words. These other guys are still learning from where Ethereum is, ethereum is their trainer, opened their eyes to smart contract after BTC, ever since ethereum was created to compete with Bitcoin, are they still mate when it comes to usage and adoption? Same way ethereum will gap these ones in functions, adoptions and price value.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2019, 04:12:55 PM

In my opinion Ethereum is still number 1, what i wish for Ethereum devs to do, i want to somehow when sending tokens from Ethereum network, to see how much fee is need to get confirm, and to not send twice and lose ETH on gas fee. This will be great if can be done.
Melo20

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 04:51:51 PM

It’ll be hard to catch up, though. Ethereum has thousands of developer courses, tutorials, articles, and Stack Overflow answers, and that’s quite a head start. They also have the largest, most active community working on improvement proposals and core protocol development.

Developers may be frustrated with slow transactions and terrible user interfaces, but Ethereum still owns the developer mindshare by a wide margin. Over 3,000 ICOs have launched on Ethereum, and its closest competitors are still in the low hundreds. Ethereum has suffered some major blows in 2018, but a big rally this week serves as an answer to challengers: Don’t count Ethereum out just yet.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: