Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:23:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC Community Release free-easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 4094 times)
sikke1

Activity: 44
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 08:32:50 PM

To get latest updates, Run:
Code:
bash ~/NVOC/mining/nvOC upgrade

You can always remind us if you noticed a miner is updated so we update it faster in nvOC miners repo

T-Rex miner has some updates.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4432704.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bobers

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 10:55:28 AM

why after i close and reopen terminal or restart mining nvOC with

Code:
bash ~/NVOC/mining/nvOC restart

i receive this message WARN: ApiServer: failed to bind socket 0.0.0.0:4068 (Address already in use), next attempt in 5 second
bdog1234

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 09:02:09 AM

Hello,

I just upgraded my 8 rigs to the latest version. Prior to this they have been running on 19-2.0 from December 2017. I am gone a lot and very busy now and don't have a lot of time to mess with them so they have just been running Nicehash ET hash rather than me trying to chase the most profitable coins, deal with multiple wallets, etc. The pay in BTC is so convienent.

I decided to clean off all the rigs today and while at why not upgrade. It took me a while to get going as I was using the wrong 1bash.template. I downloaded the entire 7zip image but the 1.bash.template contained in it was not the newest and I had to get the latest from GitHub. Got that working.

I am still having an issue with the miners. the only one I can get to work with nice-ethash is claymore. I don't know if this is good or bad. On the old version I was using ethminer and it doesn't have a fee I think and Claymore does. Anything but claymore gives me "could not subscribe" errors.

What miner should I be using for best performance and how do I make it work if it isn't claymore?

Thanks.
papampi (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 140

Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2019, 02:13:53 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2019, 11:43:32 PM by mprep

To get latest updates, Run:
Code:
bash ~/NVOC/mining/nvOC upgrade

You can always remind us if you noticed a miner is updated so we update it faster in nvOC miners repo

T-Rex miner has some updates.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4432704.0

T-Rex updated to latest 0.12.1

Hello,

I just upgraded my 8 rigs to the latest version. Prior to this they have been running on 19-2.0 from December 2017. I am gone a lot and very busy now and don't have a lot of time to mess with them so they have just been running Nicehash ET hash rather than me trying to chase the most profitable coins, deal with multiple wallets, etc. The pay in BTC is so convienent.

I decided to clean off all the rigs today and while at why not upgrade. It took me a while to get going as I was using the wrong 1bash.template. I downloaded the entire 7zip image but the 1.bash.template contained in it was not the newest and I had to get the latest from GitHub. Got that working.

I am still having an issue with the miners. the only one I can get to work with nice-ethash is claymore. I don't know if this is good or bad. On the old version I was using ethminer and it doesn't have a fee I think and Claymore does. Anything but claymore gives me "could not subscribe" errors.

What miner should I be using for best performance and how do I make it work if it isn't claymore?

Thanks.

Latest ethminer has made some changes.

have a look at their wiki and if you have problem with worker name check 1bash extended info for eth wallet address format:

Code:
ETHASH_WALLET_FORMAT="$WALLET_ADDRESS_FORMAT"       # Some pools require to use "%2e" instead of "." More examples available :https://github.com/ethereum-mining/ethminer/blob/master/docs/POOL_EXAMPLES_ETH.md

sikke1

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 07:39:22 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5034735.0

GMiner has updates too.
Thank you for T-Rex update.
LuKePicci

Activity: 128
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 01:01:04 AM

Gminer 1.50 update is served as well, please test, it's linked to "latest" because I have not tested it yet. Will move to "recommended" when if all is fine.

ie you need to set GMINER_VERSION="latest" in 1bash to use the latest version

@bdog1234 ethminer has yet to release the updated finale post-fork version, so you will probably get better performances with claymore meanwhile

@bobers which miner gives the api binding error? try disabling foreman, reboot, and see if it still gives that error. Also check if it gives tha same error stopping, waiting a minute, and the starting nvOC back.

still @bobers: it is NICE_EQUIHASH, make sure it is there into EQUIHASH_COINS definition. It is there already in latest 1bash.template for sure. Just to be clear, you are no using any nvOC autoswitcher (wtm/salfters), right? If not: wtm switcher manages COIN="" value by itself automatically (you see its value being changed); salfters decides what to mine by themselves, they don't care the COIN="" value.

@urnzwy sorry, I missed your message, looks like there is something wrong in the good old salfter switchers, use WTM_SWITCHER instead, it works fine with nicehash too.
sikke1

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 09:05:18 AM

Thank you. I started testing GMiner 1.50 with one rig
nanominer.official

Activity: 55
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2019, 01:43:15 PM

Dear miners and friends

This is nvOC Community Release based on the original nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia by fullzero

nvOC Community Release like the original nvOC is free and has No Dev-Fee. You can always check 1bash to find developers BTC addresses if you wish to donate.

nvOC Community Release is set of scripts can be use in any Ubuntu system (need some expert edits) or use with provided images (Ubuntu 16.04/18.04) build with Nvidia individual card OC and individual card power limit support, manual fan support, auto launching on boot, auto switch coin based on wtm profits and a single easy to configure Bash Script (1bash) which can be configured from any computer using a text editor.

With nvOC Community Releaed you can set almost anything you wish for in your mining rig and easily add any new coin, algo or miners from 1bash.

Built-in Algorithms:
BITCORE CRYPTONIGHT CRYPTONIGHTHEAVY CRYPTONIGHTV7 CRYPTONIGHTV8 CUCKAROO29 CUCKATOO31 CUCKOOCYCLE DECRED ENERGI EQUIHASH ETHASH GRS LBRY LYRA2V2 LYRA2RE3 LYRA2Z MYR_GR NEOSCRYPT PASCAL PHI1612 PHI2 SIA SIB SKEIN SKUNK X13 X16R X21S X22I XEVAN ZHASH

Builtin miners:
BMINER  CLAYMORE CryptoDredge DSTM ENERGIMINER ETHMINER EWBF GMINER LOLMINER NBMiner PhoenixMiner Tpccminer T_Rex XMR_Stak ZENEMYminer Z_EWBF cpuOPT

Available Settings:

• Set Auto Start Miner on boot
  • Set Auto Switching coins
  • Set the GPUs you want to mine with
  • Use TEAMVIEWER and set the resolution you want to use with it
  • Auto Reboot rig timer
  • Auto restart miner timer
  • Schedule mining to stop and start between given times in a day
  • Set your desired worker names
  • Set to clear logs on reboot
  • Use of SRR
  • Control GPU LED and brightness
  • Miner Watchdog: Monitors the rig and automatically corrects the detected problems if possible by restarting miner or rig
  • Load Check to check system load average and reboot if needed
  • Use sys request reboot or normal reboot
  • WatchDog check cycle period
  • Set Minimum GPU utilization threshold to warn and restart mining if it goes bellow
  • Alternate pool settings
  • Power limit and Overclock modes: Global, GPU Specific, Algo Specific, Global with GPU Offset, Algo Specific with GPU Offset
  • Use Headless mode (for P100 card variants with no monitor output)
  • Use OhGodAnETHlargementPill
  • Miner Temp Control to automatically adjusts the fan speed to keep the desired temp
  • Use manual fan control individual target temps
  • Set Hot ShutDown to shutdown rig if temp exceeds
  • Set TempControl check cycles
  • Set Minimal and Maximal fan speeds
  • Set Allowed fan difference, fan adjust and power adjust steps
  • Foreman monitoring
  • Supports Nicehash, Zpool and MPH Algo mining

Check contributors and all the settings available in 1bash.template

Hello there,

I'd like to ask you, is there any chance you can add Nanominer to nvOC?

Here's the website: https://nanominer.org

Thanks in advance!

Sure will do,
Send miner command line example and we will take a look into it.

Please find the commands here: https://help.nanominer.org/article/169-main-settings and let me know if you have any questions.
CWJ1007

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 10:16:18 AM

Grin coin had hard fork , plz kindly help for update gminer to v1.51

Thank you very much
LuKePicci

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 11:12:17 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2019, 11:43:47 PM by mprep

Please find the commands here: https://help.nanominer.org/article/169-main-settings and let me know if you have any questions.
Feel free to open a PR with the miner binary tarball and necessary json manifest to get nanominer included into nvOC. You are probably better then us into understanding how nanominer works and which arguments it needs.

Grin coin had hard fork , plz kindly help for update gminer to v1.51

Thank you very much

Done. Next time open an issue on github if you would like to get it updated much quicker. Here's what we needed to update, mayber you will be able to do it on your own and share (the json is just a copy of the old one with minor edits to version numbers): https://github.com/papampi/nvOC_miners/commit/9af8fe160983f448c112d1c9d475a64772ae2612
nanominer.official

Activity: 55
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2019, 02:13:02 PM

Feel free to open a PR with the miner binary tarball and necessary json manifest to get nanominer included into nvOC. You are probably better then us into understanding how nanominer works and which arguments it needs.

Sure, will do. And I'll update you as soon as done.
monck

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 02:17:32 PM

It would be great if you could update GMINER to V1.55 - it is necessary for BEAM V2
Many thanks in advance!
papampi (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 140

Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2019, 11:28:39 AM

It would be great if you could update GMINER to V1.55 - it is necessary for BEAM V2
Many thanks in advance!

LuKePicci updated Gminer
Update your miners and it should be fine.

Set it in 1bash to latest, if all is ok let us know to set it as "recommended" too.

mibjt

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 01, 2019, 04:31:22 PM

Hi,

Can someone walk me through how to setup nvOC to mine NiceEthash? I already updated the miners and set the 1bash for nice_ethash as follows:

# NICE_ETHASH
NICE_ETHASH_ADDRESS="$NICE_ADDRESS"
NICE_ETHASH_POOL="daggerhashimoto.jp-new.nicehash.com"
NICE_ETHASH_PORT="3353"
NICE_ETHASH_WORKER="woker"
NICE_ETHASH_OPTS=""            # To mine with claymore add "-esm 3 -allpools 1 -estale 0"
NICE_ETHASH_POOL_PROTOCOL="stratum2+tcp"

Its able to mine and the nicehash new site shows the rig is up but the accepted hash rate and earnings are 0. Would appreciate greatly if someone could assist me on this?
sikke1

View Profile
September 01, 2019, 07:18:43 PM

Shocked GMiner update please

v1.61
+ improved compatibility with large rigs (>= 13 GPUs)
+ improved launch time of miner

scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2019, 04:25:53 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2019, 01:01:38 AM by scryptr

Hi,

Can someone walk me through how to setup nvOC to mine NiceEthash? I already updated the miners and set the 1bash for nice_ethash as follows:

# NICE_ETHASH
NICE_ETHASH_PORT="3353"
NICE_ETHASH_OPTS=""            # To mine with claymore add "-esm 3 -allpools 1 -estale 0"

Its able to mine and the nicehash new site shows the rig is up but the accepted hash rate and earnings are 0. Would appreciate greatly if someone could assist me on this?

SET NICE_ETHASH_OPTS--

# NICE_ETHASH
NICE_ETHASH_PORT="3353"
NICE_ETHASH_OPTS="-esm 3 -allpools 1 -estale 0"            # To mine with claymore add "-esm 3 -allpools 1 -estale 0"

The answer is in your post.  For Claymore, if "-esm 3" is not set, the miner will not communicate properly with the NiceHash stratum server.

--scryptr

P.S. I DID SOME EXPERIMENTING--

I pointed a single miner (my 1080ti in my desktop) at the new pool address (above).  It mined and hashes and shares were accepted.  However, the miner did not appear on the old dashboard monitor.  I mined with the same wallet as my other miners, but the statistics did not appear on the dashboard with my other miners.

Come September 10th, I will switch my mining address if necessary.  Currently, all my miners are on "daggerhashimoto.usa.nicehash.com:3353".  The statistics are properly reported.

--scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2019, 04:08:38 PM

Hi,

# NICE_ETHASH
NICE_ETHASH_PORT="3353"
NICE_ETHASH_OPTS=""            # To mine with claymore add "-esm 3 -allpools 1 -estale 0"

SET NICE_ETHASH_OPTS--

# NICE_ETHASH
NICE_ETHASH_PORT="3353"
NICE_ETHASH_OPTS="-esm 3 -allpools 1 -estale 0"            # To mine with claymore add "-esm 3 -allpools 1 -estale 0"

The answer is in your post.  For Claymore, if "-esm 3" is not set, the miner will not communicate properly with the NiceHash stratum server.

--scryptr

P.S. I DID SOME EXPERIMENTING--

I pointed a single miner (my 1080ti in my desktop) at the new pool address (above).  It mined and hashes and shares were accepted.  However, the miner did not appear on the old dashboard monitor.  I mined with the same wallet as my other miners, but the statistics did not appear on the dashboard with my other miners.

Come September 10th, I will switch my mining address if necessary.  Currently, all my miners are on "daggerhashimoto.usa.nicehash.com:3353".  The statistics are properly reported.

--scryptr

scryptr ...

That is because you have set the stratum link to the new stratum not your old one. For example, 'jp-new' not 'jp'. Otherwise the stats will be reported to the old NH page.

#crysx

scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2019, 06:03:59 PM

NICEHASH HAS NOT BEEN SO CLEAR--

The explanations about the "New NiceHash" website have been vague about those miners that do not use NiceHash Miner, and an old (external) BitCoin payment address.

--scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
LuKePicci

View Profile
September 04, 2019, 06:44:25 PM

I just pushed an update for gminer to 1.62. I changed a few things to allow tarballs to be downloaded from their release sources. I did this to allow quicker updates as miners are now more "pluggable" then before. We don't need to prepare and upload a special tarball anymore when an update is released by developers.

So, just run a miners update as usual and let me know how it goes with gminer 1.62 (it's set as latest, usa 'latest' or '1.62' as GMINER_VERSION in 1bash)
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2019, 06:54:05 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2019, 11:44:02 PM by mprep

NICEHASH HAS NOT BEEN SO CLEAR--

The explanations about the "New NiceHash" website have been vague about those miners that do not use NiceHash Miner, and an old (external) BitCoin payment address.

--scryptr

Agreed ...

#crysx

I just pushed an update for gminer to 1.62. I changed a few things to allow tarballs to be downloaded from their release sources. I did this to allow quicker updates as miners are now more "pluggable" then before. We don't need to prepare and upload a special tarball anymore when an update is released by developers.

So, just run a miners update as usual and let me know how it goes with gminer 1.62 (it's set as latest, usa 'latest' or '1.62' as GMINER_VERSION in 1bash)

Does nvOC have any form of 'decent' profit switching? ...

I am wondering if it does, and if not, what would be a viable way to autoswitch the miners in nvOC effectively? Anyone have anything running that is useful?

i would appreciate it.

Great work with the updater also. Will try and push a test of this soon. I am REALLY after the rxOC style of mining solution for the 7970/280x cards. I have been failing at getting these older cards running for sometime now, and are really in need of some help in this 'older' area of AMD cards if you/anyone have any advice.

#crysx

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: