Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:36:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why IEOs Came Into Existence?  (Read 1013 times)
ariyzt

Activity: 602
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2019, 01:14:14 PM

the only big exchange that success to held IEOs just come from binance and huobi only
the other still on progress and look at bittrex , their IEOs not success and the price went down after release on market

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bttzed03 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 05:31:20 PM

of course. it is obvious. The exchanges have invented this method of raising funds in order to earn good money themselves, because people buy stock exchange tokens. It's all scam

Yes, as I have mentioned all these were done by exchanges to fill their pocket since they can see a high demand. I'm not sure if that can be called a scam yet unless they charge exorbitant fees. I'm also not sure anymore if they were really concerned with the crypto community.
kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 05:43:22 PM

I think IEOs have proven to be a wave of fresh air for ico market and we have seen boost in trust among investors especially for the projects listed on big exchange platforms and its impact has been positive for overall crypto market as well which is showing really nice growth now.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 06:05:30 PM

People are scared of investing into ICO directly again, most of the ICOs in 2018 struggle to get exchange listings and when they do some on exchanges with little volume and when private sale and pre-ICO investors starts selling the price crash  below ICO price and remaining this way for long, Eden and Tolar are two good example but IEO came with solution to exchange listings and provide initial liquidity in their exchange for some months before the lock tokens are released because this is the main issue long term, how the price would perform when all the locked tokens are released to the market

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 08:33:22 PM

These guys running IEOs are business people. If they see an opportunity to earn big, they will pounce on that. They only needed to provide the platform and it's profit time. The method is still popular and some would still rush to these exchanges and fight for a place in the IEOs. Let's wait and see once the hype dies down and the price starts falling also.
Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 10:24:04 PM

It's a natural process. ICO ceased to be relevant and they do not enjoy such success as before. So now there is something new, ready to replace the ICO and improve it.

blokklanc

Activity: 226
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 11:26:13 PM

Of course, everything is about $. In 2017 there was a boom in ICOs and that was a fuel for ETH as most of them were on it`s platform.
Binance was aware of that and they introduced their launchpad and they also want their piece of the crowdfunding cake.

▄ ◤ HyFi ◥ ▄
▐░ DeFi & CeDeFi Marketplaces ░▌ (https://hyfi-corp.com)
reynald70

Activity: 598
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 11:28:05 PM

Yes, I am very concerned about the ICO now, because most projects always fail in exchange, and the same reason they complain that Bitcoin prices are declining, so their projects die, obviously this is a loss for investors who have bought at ICO prices, and still there are many more ICO stories that are very sad, for example, a project takes away Investor's money or Scam. So, in my opinion, the current IEO will be safer for investors, very different from ICO.
jvper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 11:32:05 PM

Have you ever thought of this before?

When I first heard of IEOs from smaller exchanges, I thought they were simply catering to one of the demands of ICO investors which is immediate exchange listing.

Then came the bigger centralized exchanges like Binance, Bittrex, and Kucoin. It somehow made me wonder why would they open up their platform to crowdfunding. Maybe because they also think that the ICO market is dying? If so, then that would mean less new projects. With less new projects, less potential source of income (listing fees). 

So in the end, it is still all about the $$$. These exchange are probably afraid of losing one of their major source of income  Grin

What's your take on this?

Of course, exchanges do this becuase they want to make money. And customers want protection, just like they did in the past at the era of so called escrows in ICOs.
Vitalicus

Activity: 467
Merit: 100

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 12:50:17 AM

Yes, I am very concerned about the ICO now, because most projects always fail in exchange, and the same reason they complain that Bitcoin prices are declining, so their projects die, obviously this is a loss for investors who have bought at ICO prices, and still there are many more ICO stories that are very sad, for example, a project takes away Investor's money or Scam. So, in my opinion, the current IEO will be safer for investors, very different from ICO.
I agree with you . The IEO is the best solution for this market and greatly reduces risks for investors. According to my assessment, 96% of ICO projects are fraudulent and this causes a great loss for many investors. I think the IEO is being considered a new trend of this market because it is a very popular investment channel in recent months and many projects have brought a huge profit for those who are lucky to join.

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 04:45:12 AM

it is not just exchanges it is the ICO scammers who could no longer scam people by running the same old thing over and over again so they had to change their methods and adding that centralization of exchanges is currently like the (fake) stamp of approval that gives some newbies that confidence they need to throw their money away. and in the middle of this chaos the exchanges are making a ton of money by getting paid to advertise these scams (give the stamp of approval) while not being liable for anything!
this method will also soon die just like any other previous scammy methods have died.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 04:56:00 AM

it is not just exchanges it is the ICO scammers who could no longer scam people by running the same old thing over and over again

no they are not . ieo's are backed by legit and big/famous exchanges  ( binance for example have thier own ieo )  so how can you say that they came from a scam ico's ?  the reason why ieo's exist is because they see that people are suffering from the frauds/scam ico's . they want to do something to save people from wasting their cash on these  greedy people  . yet  , there are still legit ico's out there but they are now harder to find .

this method will also soon die just like any other previous scammy methods have died.

did the ico died ? no right ? ico's are still here even though most of them are just plain scams  .  ieo's on a nutshell are more legit since they are came from centralized exchange  .  they wont die as long as there are still crypto   .  
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 05:05:36 AM

Have you ever thought of this before?

When I first heard of IEOs from smaller exchanges, I thought they were simply catering to one of the demands of ICO investors which is immediate exchange listing.

Then came the bigger centralized exchanges like Binance, Bittrex, and Kucoin. It somehow made me wonder why would they open up their platform to crowdfunding. Maybe because they also think that the ICO market is dying? If so, then that would mean less new projects. With less new projects, less potential source of income (listing fees). 

So in the end, it is still all about the $$$. These exchange are probably afraid of losing one of their major source of income  Grin

What's your take on this?

They came into existence because exchange thinks that they are going to make a huge profit here, Yobit is also doing that they invite ICO to use their platform to launch their crowdfunding and they charge a huge fee to ICO, so there is huge money to be made for exchanges.
xabre

Activity: 580
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 05:30:06 AM

I love IEO because will give competitor for ICO to grow up and have best solution for the future how to have higher price after listing in exchange market and could be more profitable for investor.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 05:54:06 AM

It is all about reaching the investors with ease. A project becomes more successful when it easily gets the investors. For the same earlier it was ico and now exchanges have come up with the plans of IEO. Till date very few launch were done through top exchanges, can expect more to happen in the coming days as IEO keeps gaining more attention.

CLywaTeLb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

send and receive money instantly, no hidden costs

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 05:54:20 AM

I agree with you . The IEO is the best solution for this market and greatly reduces risks for investors. According to my assessment, 96% of ICO projects are fraudulent and this causes a great loss for many investors. I think the IEO is being considered a new trend of this market because it is a very popular investment channel in recent months and many projects have brought a huge profit for those who are lucky to join.
Oh, 96% seems too terrible.
IEO is a logical evolutionary transition from ICO. This is a kind of IPO on the stock market. In this case, the exchange takes responsibility for its reputation for checking the project.

mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 11:45:38 AM

If you gain at the ICO, exchanges also gain. Consider about earnings that come from big volumes.
Also consider binance : big profit, price increase in bnb.
Petchant

Activity: 172
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 12:39:15 PM

The reason why IEO came into existence is because of the anomalies of ICO which makes it not enticing to invest in them again but with IEO, investors are sure of liquidity for their investments instant which is the bane of many ico projects

BLOCKMASON LINK
Create Web APIs From Any Smart Contract
isen

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 01:35:01 PM

The market needed a stable platform for ICOs, and it appeared even in several copies in the form of cryptocurrency exchanges. I am very happy about this.
ronwewee
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 01:56:21 PM

Because they are the answer on how to gain back the confidence of the investors in the crypto space.
With the advent of IEO, investors feel safer with investing, although the number of projects that has come into existence is now limited but we can ensure that majority of them are good projects. I believe we quality projects more than quantity alone.

It just came into my mind right now, so, my question sir, is the IEO's the reason why we are experiencing a bullish move from bitcoin right now? Or maybe, it contribute to the factor that it is? Then how long will IEO's going to dominate the market because I am thinking about bitcoin reaching its ATH really soon.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: