Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:12:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IEOS are no different from ICO tricks; just an upgrade  (Read 11666 times)
Alpha0One1

Activity: 588
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 09:01:02 AM

I have no doubts after a few observation but ieos are just an upgrade how ?

Ieos that successfully sold out on binance bittrex and kucoin, can they sold out on latoken? Or dobi trades  ?

Main focus is; in ieos hundreds get to participate , then after ieo is over; it leaves thousands of people eager to get in and be a part of the movement

This causes an upturn in price for few days; then the usual dip that follows ico token after listing takes place too

So what’s the difference exactly ??

NB: just my thoughts ; feel free to modify, suggest and contribute

IEO's gives some "level of comfort" for those planning to participate in it.
The exchange does the KYC for the project and validates the team and viability of the project.
If the exchange did their due diligence before listing the project, then there is some comfort in it.
If the project turn out to be a scam, then the reputation of the exchange who did the ICO will suffer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 10:20:27 AM

There's virtually no substantial difference between the IEO and the ICO. The major difference is the fact that the project running the IEO has been reviewed by the exchange and has a higher probability to be legit. Considering the fact that the exchange reputation is at stake where the project is declared a scam project. ICO are much more risky and there's no guarantee of getting listed.
Yes, there is no much difference aside the investment security guaranteed and for now, that is still the safest means of protecting our investment by investing in projects that has already been verified by top reputable exchanges that cares about the reputation of their company.

Even in joining IEO projects, we have to stick with the ones produced by these reputable companies because the smaller unknown exchanges can easily be compromised for money. ICO still stand the chance of surviving too but the only way I can think of is if its being regulated, and if becomes regulated, then it will become an anonymous system
rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 10:25:19 AM

Initial Exchange Online is not a trick or even and upgrade, it's just people who are too late to love IEO because many projects turned into scam or struggling to get listed on exchanges, so IEO decrease their risk. In fact, I have seen some projects using this idea to conduct their tokensales couple years ago but just today the idea became hype.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
maximumcoin

Activity: 487
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 05:18:38 PM

Initial Exchange Online is not a trick or even and upgrade, it's just people who are too late to love IEO because many projects turned into scam or struggling to get listed on exchanges, so IEO decrease their risk. In fact, I have seen some projects using this idea to conduct their tokensales couple years ago but just today the idea became hype.
Scam exchanges will get a very funny period with IEO-hot trend. They will easily to reach their objectives, raising funds from community and go away with a fortune. I believe that months later, we will see many scam accusation on scam exchanges, that made successful IEOs, and scam exits later. I don't have intention to invest in IEOs, especially with small, strange exchanges. For big exchanges, small investors are not able to join. Bittrex shown us the fact.

lifesgood10 (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 05:36:35 PM

Scam exchanges will get a very funny period with IEO-hot trend. They will easily to reach their objectives, raising funds from community and go away with a fortune. I believe that months later, we will see many scam accusation on scam exchanges, that made successful IEOs, and scam exits later. I don't have intention to invest in IEOs, especially with small, strange exchanges. For big exchanges, small investors are not able to join. Bittrex shown us the fact.

You do not need to worry yourself about participating in the ieos
You can simply get your capital ready; then wait for the dump (it will surely come)
Invest and wait for the next ath then you cash out your profits

Very easy
Landak

Activity: 1386
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 07:21:42 PM

You can simply get your capital ready; then wait for the dump (it will surely come)

Very easy
It's not as easy as you think, some projects are really scam even if the project comes from the IEO not now, we'll see later.
You mean waiting dump price and then buying it then waiting for ATH, hmmm? What if this isn't the same as our prediction? when coins price are dump and we buy it but prices never rise again, it takes a very long time to rise. Do you patiently wait for it? I will not choose this method, wait for the dump and buy then wait for ATH.
this topic talking about IEO is no different from ICO, yes I agree with this, I have posted many times in several threads. this is only an upgrade from ICO+STO=IEO. if ICO you can invest just sending to smart contract address, STO you must KYC to invest, IEO is you must KYC and the very special is the project/coin is ready on market. yes it's new tricks! we will see it later what will happened.

HILIH                                                                                                                                                                 KINTIL
lifesgood10 (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 09:05:53 PM

Very easy
It's not as easy as you think, some projects are really scam even if the project comes from the IEO not now, we'll see later.
You mean waiting dump price and then buying it then waiting for ATH, hmmm? What if this isn't the same as our prediction? when coins price are dump and we buy it but prices never rise again, it takes a very long time to rise. Do you patiently wait for it? I will not choose this method, wait for the dump and buy then wait for ATH.
this topic talking about IEO is no different from ICO, yes I agree with this, I have posted many times in several threads. this is only an upgrade from ICO+STO=IEO. if ICO you can invest just sending to smart contract address, STO you must KYC to invest, IEO is you must KYC and the very special is the project/coin is ready on market. yes it's new tricks! we will see it later what will happened.

I see your point now
How then can we invest properly ? Perhaps getting in and out during the pump or dump ?
Landak

Activity: 1386
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 04:54:21 AM

Very easy

I see your point now
How then can we invest properly ? Perhaps getting in and out during the pump or dump ?

To be more precise, I don't know about that, because I am not the type of person who likes to invest in projects (ICO, STO or IEO, whatever), I am tired because I often lose when investing in a project so I decided to stop.   I prefer to trade with the short-term method.
sorry I can't give you a good answer Sad.

HILIH                                                                                                                                                                 KINTIL
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 08:17:15 AM

Very easy

I see your point now

To be more precise, I don't know about that, because I am not the type of person who likes to invest in projects (ICO, STO or IEO, whatever), I am tired because I often lose when investing in a project so I decided to stop.   I prefer to trade with the short-term method.
sorry I can't give you a good answer Sad.

It is too early to give up on long term investment, looking at the type of investment it is, the result it will eventually yield are not meant to be seen immediately but will surely do in future if we carefully hold on to it.

What you are doing is also not bad, it is one of the best strategy to use in having patience, and least you will still be getting money from your short term trades, but it still not a bad idea if you still invest in them for long term holding as you cannot predict what will happen in the future, just for one to ensure that any project we are making investment in is a very viable one.
OrangeSeller

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 12:13:58 PM

The only difference between IEO is having a real team behind the project. But whether the project will be successful there is no guarantee whatsoever. IEO simply removes scammers from the market.
That is right. What differentiates IEO from ICO is the team and the project behind IEO that passes the assessments of the exchanges before the IEO gets conducted. It is due to this reason that they call investment in IEOs safe and risk free. I think that ICO had limited facilities for the crypto startups as they had been banned in many countries and it was not easy to get finds raised by ICOs, thus IEOs came out as lender of the last resort.
hovrah

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 07:22:05 PM

The only difference between IEO is having a real team behind the project. But whether the project will be successful there is no guarantee whatsoever. IEO simply removes scammers from the market.
That is right. What differentiates IEO from ICO is the team and the project behind IEO that passes the assessments of the exchanges before the IEO gets conducted. It is due to this reason that they call investment in IEOs safe and risk free. I think that ICO had limited facilities for the crypto startups as they had been banned in many countries and it was not easy to get finds raised by ICOs, thus IEOs came out as lender of the last resort.
It seems to me that in the near future, the choice of all cryptocurrency users in favor of IEO will be made, because it will enable investors not to risk their own funds, and the rest of the process will receive real income from genuine and promising projects.  Until now, the ico market of companies provided only problems with the help of a large number of scams.
pelumi20

Activity: 712
Merit: 15

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 07:44:43 PM

I agree with you on this, IEOs are not really different from ICOs it is just an upgrade and the main reason why investors prefer IEO to ICOs is because the exchanges to an extent guarantees the validity of the project, and are less prone to fraudulent activities. I think IEO is just a temporary solution to a long term problem, because as time goes on, scammers will find a way to make their projects pass exchange requirements to launch their tokensale and then scam people. I think regulation is the main solution to this problem.

Wolfwar

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 04:57:23 PM

I agree with you on this, IEOs are not really different from ICOs it is just an upgrade and the main reason why investors prefer IEO to ICOs is because the exchanges to an extent guarantees the validity of the project, and are less prone to fraudulent activities. I think IEO is just a temporary solution to a long term problem, because as time goes on, scammers will find a way to make their projects pass exchange requirements to launch their tokensale and then scam people. I think regulation is the main solution to this problem.
I completely agree with you that fraudsters are also developing in their activities and sooner or later will find ways out of this situation.  But if the developers of the new project will contribute in a certain amount, this should reduce the attempts of fraudsters to implement their ideas using IEO.
maximumcoin

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 11:54:51 PM

IEO is just a different term than ICO, but if we look at it in another perspective, I think both IEO and ICO are the same. Why I said this?
If we look at it as investment method into companies, they are the same. For ICOs, you invest your money into companies that promise to run their projects. For IEOs, you invest your money into companies that run their exchanges. The common thing here is company, all investors invest in are companies, no matter whatever means they use to invest (IEO or ICO).

coinnumber

Activity: 504
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 11:55:39 PM

Your point are ok but there are still advantages in IEO compared to ICO, in ICO the team behind the project might not be known but in IEO the team must be know and verified if they are trust worthy or not which guaranteed investors funds to be safe and secured. Secoundly the product used case and how the team intend to achieved it are also required by the exchange before the commencement of IEO .
maximumcoin

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 11:58:42 PM

I agree that IEO is just a kind of upgrade from ICO. I pointed out my perpective on ICO and IEO there:
IEO is just a different term than ICO, but if we look at it in another perspective, I think both IEO and ICO are the same. Why I said this?
If we look at it as investment method into companies, they are the same. For ICOs, you invest your money into companies that promise to run their projects. For IEOs, you invest your money into companies that run their exchanges. The common thing here is company, all investors invest in are companies, no matter whatever means they use to invest (IEO or ICO).
They are both risky to invest, and they are the same because we all invest in companies, and companies (small ones) might all turn out to become scam ones. So, please take are of your capital and your intention to invest into IEOs. There is no one can make sure that companies that own exchanges and run IEOs won't turn into scam companies, and scam exchanges.

Adhichan

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 03:41:22 AM

it just different scheme.in ico investors need to wait developers team listing their projects that actually often postponed.and investors very annoyed with this condition.meanwhile in ieo investors get certainity about exchanges.
Eadefemi

Activity: 276
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 07:14:23 PM

You are very correct dude. IEO is ust an upgrade of ICO. It's only popular exchanges that boost IEO and it doesn't necessarily mean the project is legit or will be successful after that.
odukoyaewatomi27

Activity: 536
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 10:12:42 AM

IEOs are not really different from ICOs because they are both crowdsale process but it is a very big upgrade on ICOs because they solve most of the challenges of ICOs.
IEOs are better in different ways like
They are more credible than ICOs, because the exchanges will conduct its proper research on the project before launching it. It is more secure as it reduce the risk of sending funds to a wrong wallet or getting pushed. It is more accessible also as you don't need to wait for a long period before you can trade your tokens.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
IVEXO

Activity: 574
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2019, 06:36:03 PM

None the less
I think ieos have been a success; it might not be a profit as expected
But it has succeeded and the market has benefitted from it
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: