Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:23:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IEOS are no different from ICO tricks; just an upgrade  (Read 11666 times)
Fammosh82

Activity: 130
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 06:51:38 PM

IEOs can eliminate scam and dubious projects from raising funds via cryptocurrency exchange platforms, and it becomes much harder to scam users with IEOs. Besides, token issuers do not have to worry about the crowdsale security as the exchange is managing the IEO’s smart contract. So far it's been a success story.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deodivine1
Copper Member

Activity: 657

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 07:05:50 PM

The main difference to me is legitimacy of the project. Before doing an IEO on a reputable exchange, the exchange thoroughly checks if the project is legit, if team is real and if they have a product or MVP as they claim. For ICOs, it's a 50:50 chance that the team is scam.
Mr.ZODIAC

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 04:41:35 PM

The main difference to me is legitimacy of the project. Before doing an IEO on a reputable exchange, the exchange thoroughly checks if the project is legit, if team is real and if they have a product or MVP as they claim. For ICOs, it's a 50:50 chance that the team is scam.
I was also interested in the difference between these two concepts for the development of new projects, but in my opinion they are completely different, because the developers are being put forward very strict requirements from trade exchanges.  Therefore, I can not say that ieos update ico companies.  In addition, it is worth mentioning the fact that the stock exchange is being demolished from the developers of the new company, which is a guarantee for a certain number of investors.
aemma
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 08:55:15 PM

I tend to disagree, as I believe they are both different. IEOs are hosted or promoted by exchanges; and before this is done due diligence is always carried out on the team. The end result of this is that there is no scam. In the case of ICOs, it isn't like that.
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 326

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 08:59:49 PM

I have no doubts after a few observation but ieos are just an upgrade how ?

Ieos that successfully sold out on binance bittrex and kucoin, can they sold out on latoken? Or dobi trades  ?

Main focus is; in ieos hundreds get to participate , then after ieo is over; it leaves thousands of people eager to get in and be a part of the movement

This causes an upturn in price for few days; then the usual dip that follows ico token after listing takes place too

So what’s the difference exactly ??

NB: just my thoughts ; feel free to modify, suggest and contribute
I wont deny this kind of fact or observation of yours yet ive been seeing the same thing too and as expected this is just and ICO with having some little twist but overall
it do still goes to the same path on where do ICO go but well it no surprising that these investments will surely drop no matter how good the fund raising or sale it would be
where it would still heading on the same conclusion.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
nutriagrigia

Activity: 1270
Merit: 254

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 09:10:35 PM

I tend to disagree, as I believe they are both different. IEOs are hosted or promoted by exchanges; and before this is done due diligence is always carried out on the team. The end result of this is that there is no scam. In the case of ICOs, it isn't like that.

we can’t know for sure how IEO is doing on not huge exchanges. maybe projects just pay to the exchanges more than for listing and new exchanges gladly take the money and do not make any checks

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Chuky92
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 09:58:01 PM

No they are indeed different. In IEOs, investors or users don't pay directly to the team as the exchange takes care of everything.
But one thing is worthy of recognition, which is; that a major exchange is promoting an IEO do not mean it might last long term or that the team is capable of offering all within the whitepaper. This aspect of due diligence is left to the investors.

minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 11:17:44 PM

IEOs are indeed an upgrade version of ICOs but there is some amount of differences between ICOs and IEOs.  with IEOs, a third party is involve in the sales of the coins or tokens and this third party is given the total control over the amount of tokens or coins to be sold during the crowdfund.  This means that the third party ensures that the project is not a scam to just steal money from investors. This is the major significant difference of IEOs from ICOs.
minttop

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 11:22:44 PM

You know, it is even easier to attract people to IEo, people don't even analyze it, they invest in each project, because of IEO tendency.
That's why you should be careful

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫     ViteX     ⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▐ ███████|     Exchange By The Community, For The Community     |███████ ▌
Bitcointalk  |  DEX  |  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Vite Wallet  |  Vite Forum  |  Discord
rdewilde

Activity: 925
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 07:05:41 AM

Let me start by saying both are different.
Secondly, can you compare Binance with Latoken? I guess not. Then what's the reason? In my own opinion, everyone has seen the potential of Binance team and their aim of making sure they offer amazing services while improving everyday. How about Latoken? Can such be said about the team.
IEOs might have a huge chance of selling out on major exchanges because they have what it takes to promote such IEOs. Also, a successful IEOs doesn't mean a successful project on the long run, so we should always endeavour to make our research first.

Itsmylife

Activity: 1002
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 08:29:42 AM

You know, it is even easier to attract people to IEo, people don't even analyze it, they invest in each project, because of IEO tendency.
That's why you should be careful
At least, you don't need to worry that tokens you buy is listed on exchange site or not? The IEOs token always have value. If you have enough smart, good TA you always make profit whatever the IEOs project success or not.
Shatterlean22

Activity: 350
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 08:38:34 AM

People should know that there will be scam IEOs as well ,there will be projects using IEO to lure victims and that projects IEO might never happen,my advice is for all investors to do better research of any project before investing

storichain.io ❂ Storichain Official Bounty Campaign
• ● START: 25 JUNE 2019 ● • (https://storichain.io)
TheClownSong

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 09:15:45 AM

People should know that there will be scam IEOs as well ,there will be projects using IEO to lure victims and that projects IEO might never happen,my advice is for all investors to do better research of any project before investing

If the IEOs are scam, exchangers should be responsible to their members. Exchangers should be know about the project or developers team and project roadmap. I am believe exchanger will carefully before held IEOs on their platform

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
|
ridha inoue

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 09:19:45 AM

it is true that ICO and IEO are the same as Innitialing Coin which only distinguishes the person or company that handles it.
if the IEO will be handled by an exchange and ICO directly from the owner that allows fraud.

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
Adhichan

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 09:26:55 AM

it is true that ICO and IEO are the same as Innitialing Coin which only distinguishes the person or company that handles it.
if the IEO will be handled by an exchange and ICO directly from the owner that allows fraud.
it just using different scheme in crowdfunding.the differences only on exchanges that held crowdfunding.in IEO, developers team directly sell their tokens/coins in market so exchanges as if as escrow in this part.
vinatherm

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 09:33:26 AM

IEO is a new trend, but I only really believe in IEOs on big exchange like Binance, Houbi, and small exchange. IEOs are not really successful, even the Bittrex IEOs are considered to be failures.
Samboo

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 10:06:40 AM

I do not think that holding IEOs will not give 100 percent guarantee that a project will be listed on exchanges thereafter. One thing is that it will only increase changes of exchange listing. There are reports that those projects launching IEOs are still running away scamming investors or are being dumped for want of enough funds to continue the project. So IEOs are relatively good than ICOs.

Leema
Copper Member

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 10:20:09 AM

IEOs are quite different from ICOs . The project get to sold on an exchange which gives the project a bigger chance, let's look at binance launchpad for instance, project who launches on binance have an high rate of being successful,  but ICOs ends up not listing to an exchange or even end up having a shitty prices.

axel2078

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 11:06:24 AM

No I think they really different from each other. In ICOs we just research about the team and make our investments, who then delivers or exit scam. While in IEOs the exchange makes the research to authenticate the team and what they are offering before accepting them, so investors just invest at ease.
I think we're most get it wrong is by assuming that once a major exchange promotes an IEO then they will make huge profits, while forgetting there are market factors which also affects IEOs.

bitc0000

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 12:32:19 PM

I do not agree. They are different from each other, ICOs had its time and from those times we all know how investors were treated; that is most investors do not even get their tokens owing to the way the ICO was arranged. Even some after ICO still go ahead to swap giving unnecessary excuses. The last but not the least is, most ICOs scammed a lot of investors.
But today, taking a glance at IEOs, as you are investing you are getting your token ASAP (trading) thus no room for unforeseen circumstances or scam.
In my own opinion, IEOs are better as it will reduce the rate of fraudulent activities in terms of public sale offerings.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: