Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:22:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Need feedback for my all in one bitcoin app  (Read 377 times)
WalletPlus (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 94
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 06:15:30 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2019, 05:05:43 PM by WalletPlus
Merited by LoyceV (1)

Hi guys,

I would like to get some feedback for my app that I developed last months. I plan to run an open or a closed beta so you can test it on your device. If you want to test it when it comes out, please let me know, maybe I need to send an invite, it is only for the android users.

I really like bitcoin and want to contribute to the bitcoin community and to get new people to use it. I got this idea last few months and working on it part-time. I am going to give you some context about the app for every screen below so you know what kind of actions you can take.

Want to test the app

Here is the link https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.superpower.walletplus but you are not going to be able to install, first I need to put you in the list for testing. You need a Gmail account or the email you use for you google play store.

Do not send real bitcoin to the addresses!! We use bitcoin and ethereum test network when we launch our app we will change to be on the main net. Smiley

App Screenshots

Here are some screenshots from our app, it is still in beta and some parts need to be fixed.

Chat                                                                                  

1. A very basic chat, for now, I would love to add group support in the near future and add some features to it.

Home

Home is where all the actions happen Smiley

At the home screen, you are going to be able to see a feed from people you follow, like all the other social network platforms. If you click on a post, it opens a new screen where you can see more details about the post. Now you can leave a comment and like a comment but not replay to it (i am working on it). The heart you can tab multiple times and with every tab, you send someone a tiny amount of BTC, the default setting is 10 sats per like, but you can change it in the setting screen if you like to give more than 10sat ( because you are an amazing person ).

You can post images, videos or only bits (are like tweets Smiley ). But I took away the image and video support because of the new EU laws ( it sucks that monkeys run our world )

If you swipe left, you get to the discover page, there you can see what is trending in the last 24 hours on our platform and search by hashtag.

I want to add repost feature in the future.

Wallet

Maybe the thing where I spend the most time on it. At the first screen, you see all coins, I only support BTC, ETH and my own token for the platform that has it owns purpose.

When you click one of the coins it opens the wallet screen for that coin, as you can see, we have the balance in USD, in BTC, a graph that shows you how the price moved and below the address, then you have 4 actions you can make :
1. Copy you address
2. Generate new address
3. Show a QR code of your address
4. Send bitcoins

And at the end all your transaction histories, in and out.

When you click on send it opens a screen where you can select to enter an address or a username if you select address it asks you to enter a valid BTC address if you select to send to a user it asks you to enter a username. (But the user needs to be registered on the walletplus platform ). The rest is self-explained.

The last screen here is the screen of an active IEO, at the top of the screen you see when the first round ends, bonuses, price and how much of the other coins/token is already sold. Now below that, you have a simple profile component, if you don't follow the project you will see, on the right side next to the description, a follow button.

At last, you can purchase that coin/token if you want to.

Notification

Simple notification bar, I think it is self-explainable

My little secret weapon Smiley

You connect it with your router, you sync it with the WalletPlus app, and you are able to send/recover bitcoin, exchange, chat and more. I decided to share it with you guys so you know what I am building. Hope you like it. It runs on a raspberry pi. Would love to hear some feedback on the pictures or any question you have.

Closed Alpha is going on

If you want to be a part of the tester, please have the following ready:

• A Gmail email because that is required from Google, or your email that you use on google play store
  • Andriod Smartphone

What you will get

• 1000 W+ token for a good report and feedback, better than nothing. Smiley

Money is power, and power loves money

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 06:41:59 PM

You really need to have a description on what you app can really do. Based from what I am seeing your project is sort of a mix from both a wallet and a social/chatting community which is really a strange mix to see since I don't know how one will benefit from another. Your social media part of the page looks like unpolish and its not clear why you need to follow or liked someone else's post, I don't even see why you have integrated your own wallet in the app because really I don't see both mixing together.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3053

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2019, 12:31:55 AM

You really need to have a description on what you app can really do. Based from what I am seeing your project is sort of a mix from both a wallet and a social/chatting community

with features of an exchange and advertising too.

I could see a very interesting use of this app.  I'll see what the OP does with it.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2019, 04:00:44 AM

The IEO part looks cool. Basically, it allows the users to participate in IEO/ICO? So does this mean you already have 'partnership' in hand?

IMO it looks similar to CLET apps, where you can use it to store/manage your asset and participate in ICO/airdrop, but your apps have additional features (social media?). Not really sure if people will use it because we have Telegram nowadays, but still, nice UI.

Any plan to go open source? I thought you'd love to hear feedback from other developers.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 05:53:20 AM
Merited by Vod (3), LoyceV (1)

I wouldn't feel comfortable putting my money into some new wallet software, especially if it tries to do so many different things at once, this just increases the surface for bugs/attacks. Wallet safety is very hard to get right, there are so many reports of wallet developers screwing up and causing users to lose funds due to bugs, or exposing them to attacks. So, whatever you're doing, make sure to spend a lot of time testing for security and safety.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
WalletPlus (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2019, 03:38:10 PM

I wouldn't feel comfortable putting my money into some new wallet software, especially if it tries to do so many different things at once, this just increases the surface for bugs/attacks. Wallet safety is very hard to get right, there are so many reports of wallet developers screwing up and causing users to lose funds due to bugs, or exposing them to attacks. So, whatever you're doing, make sure to spend a lot of time testing for security and safety.

This is why I wrote my software for my raspberry pi, to tackle that issue. When I finish writing the software, you will have all control of your private keys, like any cold storage wallet you can buy.

WalletPlus (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2019, 03:57:26 PM

The IEO part looks cool. Basically, it allows users to participate in IEO/ICO? So does this mean you already have 'partnership' in hand?

IMO it looks similar to CLET apps, where you can use it to store/manage your asset and participate in ICO/airdrop, but your apps have additional features (social media?). Not really sure if people will use it because we have Telegram nowadays, but still, nice UI.

Any plan to go open source? I thought you'd love to hear feedback from other developers.

1. We will run our token sell on the app, we don't have any partnerships now, I am focusing on the development part right now. Smiley
2. Yes but I want to make a platform all around blockchain and cryptocurrencies, and where all the action happens. I think if we want to go off "the stone age" banking system, we need something better for the average Joe.
3. I don't know if it needs to go open source.

hyunee

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 06:00:17 PM

Did you know that your app makes a confusion to people in this forum? How about explain all of the functionalities of your application in order to create a understanding between those people that will give feedbacks and to you, the owner.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 07:16:47 PM

You really need to have a description on what you app can really do. Based from what I am seeing your project is sort of a mix from both a wallet and a social/chatting community

I could see a very interesting use of this app.  I'll see what the OP does with it.  Smiley
The problem here is this app who is basically unknown all have this features and try to do everything all at once. That alone is a problem of how it will build trust and audience for the app itself. In a point of view of a skeptic person these kinds of all-in-one apps are something that wouldn't last without a proper support for itself. Looking at the screenshots given by the op you wouldn't see any content at all even their chats are like spam messages you will see in Telegram channels you couldn't even count that as real activity for the apps intended purpose.
WalletPlus (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2019, 07:52:24 PM

The problem here is this app who is basically unknown all have this features and try to do everything all at once. That alone is a problem of how it will build trust and audience for the app itself. In a point of view of a skeptic person these kinds of all-in-one apps are something that wouldn't last without a proper support for itself. Looking at the screenshots given by the op you wouldn't see any content at all even their chats are like spam messages you will see in Telegram channels you couldn't even count that as real activity for the apps intended purpose.

Yes, every app start unknown Smiley

This is why I want to invite people to the alpha testing, It is not built with a multi-million capital, I am happy with anyone who wants to join this venture. You don't see any meaningful content because all the content was not posted from App, it was posted via our website https://walletplus.io and close friends of my, when I ask them to post or do something so I can see does it work as I wanted.

WalletPlus (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2019, 08:04:57 PM

Did you know that your app makes a confusion to people in this forum? How about explain all of the functionalities of your application in order to create a understanding between those people that will give feedbacks and to you, the owner.

Confusion? I try my best to explain above, I am going to try to a better job at explaining but if someone wants to help and test my app and give some feedback let me know, so you know I am real about this here is the link  https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.superpower.walletplus but you need a Gmail account, so I can put you in the alpha testing list Smiley

Cheers!

TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 08:12:02 PM

I will download the app tomorrow and I'll play around with it. I'll let you know my thoughts.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 08:23:32 PM

This is why I wrote my software for my raspberry pi, to tackle that issue. When I finish writing the software, you will have all control of your private keys, like any cold storage wallet you can buy.

Controlling private keys is only a small part of it, it doesn't guarantee anything. Take Electrum for example, it's one of the best wallets out there, and still there were so many bugs recently that in some cases allowed hackers to steal coins from users. Or look at the Parity wallet bug, which made people lose $280M at the time. So, it's good that users will control private keys, but they will trust your software with their private keys, which means you are going to have a huge responsibility.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 11:41:23 PM

Overall, about the UI, I'd love the pretty neat design, it's really clear, but I doubt about the UX if your target user is a brand new cryptocurrencies users, some of them probably might find it a little bit confusing.

~
3. I don't know if it needs to go open source.
In the cryptocurrencies, spaces trust could be built using an open source application.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 10:29:44 AM

Instead of having to write the details, I think video intros always work better. I tend to lose interest in reading after 2 paragraphs. Anyway, the app reminds me of Reddit but with BTC? It's a good way to monetize posts and stuff but what about content plagiarism? Is there a way to ensure the shared content belongs to the owner? Or people can just copy-pasta stuff from Reddit and earn money.
WalletPlus (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2019, 09:36:55 AM

Instead of having to write the details, I think video intros always work better. I tend to lose interest in reading after 2 paragraphs. Anyway, the app reminds me of Reddit but with BTC? It's a good way to monetize posts and stuff but what about content plagiarism? Is there a way to ensure the shared content belongs to the owner? Or people can just copy-pasta stuff from Reddit and earn money.

I am going to make a simple video than, content monetization it is only possible if people like your content. Plagiarism is not an issue, for now, maybe after we reach the one million user mark, and I think because you depend on people liking your content it needs to be original because we are not going to run ads.

Cheers,

countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 11:24:10 PM

Sorry, but I don't like the idea of mixing a wallet and a some kind of a social network.

Besides, I don't understand who could use such an app. I've never done any transaction with anyone on my social networks. I don't pay my friends, and they're not paying me for my friendship.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
WalletPlus (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2019, 09:30:44 AM

Sorry, but I don't like the idea of mixing a wallet and some kind of a social network.

Besides, I don't understand who could use such an app. I've never done any transaction with anyone on my social networks. I don't pay my friends, and they're not paying me for my friendship.

You are missing the bigger picture, nobody is saying here you need to pay for friendships, lol. But I want to connect with like-minded people and support like-minded people and offer them better service than what the financial world has now.

eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2019, 09:56:17 AM

Sorry, but I don't like the idea of mixing a wallet and a some kind of a social network.

I don't know, that's exactly what Steemit does and I personally don't mind it too much.
Though that's not really what OP's app is all about.

I do really like this idea, if done right you can really build a nice community with this where people can use your app to share their own content made on other platforms to get more exposure.
Being a blogger myself, I would definitely be interested in joining once you have a stable release.

As for security, I think it's common knowledge that you shouldn't leave huge amounts of funds on wallet apps like these, so I'd personally treat it as any other hot wallet and withdraw once my balance reaches a certain threshold.

Quote from: WalletPlus
But I took away the image and video support because of the new EU laws ( it sucks that monkeys run our world )

Isn't there any way around this? I mean image and video support is such a basic requirement for this. Though I can understand that it's impossible to moderate.

hyunee

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 09:33:38 PM

Confusion? I try my best to explain above, I am going to try to a better job at explaining but if someone wants to help and test my app and give some feedback let me know, so you know I am real about this here is the link  https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.superpower.walletplus but you need a Gmail account, so I can put you in the alpha testing list Smiley

Cheers!
Just quoting here for reference. I'll be sure to download and try your application and will post my future feedback on this thread.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: