Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:49:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Waves Desktop Wallet and Vostok Token Airdrop?  (Read 298 times)
jerry0 (OP)

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 09:53:08 PM

Hi there.  Well i thought you didn't download it because of security issue.

Well i want to get the airdrop but not sure if i want to install waves keeper or not.  Seems much more simpler to just send the 0.001 waves to that waves address right?
Jcga
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1089

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 09:57:55 PM

yes it is as it already installed.
Im sure somehow waves team will find a way to have us installed it Smiley
Great to have you on board for Vostok project.

🚀IRRESISTIBLE "Crypto Collectibles" 👉 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=217.0
jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 10:09:05 PM

Okay.  Can others confirm here that the waves keeper is safe? 

When i download it, it requires me to copy and paste my 12 or 15 word waves phrase right similar to like when i downloaded the waves desktop wallet?  Then once i do this, it would ask me to put in a new password?  So i put this in.

But what if i want to use the waves desktop wallet mostly?  So basically if i want to use waves keeper, whenever i turn on my laptop, i still need to log into it with the new password?  Or its already there?  Because if its already there and does not require a password, isn't that not secure?

I want to mainly use the waves desktop wallet.  But i also want to get the airdrop.

Thanks.
jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 10:18:33 PM

When i click on add waves keeper i get message

Add Waves Keeper?

It can:

Read and change all your data on the websites you visit

Display notifications

Modify data you copy and paste

This doesn't seem that secure?
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 537

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 03:26:45 PM

When i click on add waves keeper i get message

Add Waves Keeper?

It can:

Read and change all your data on the websites you visit

Display notifications

Modify data you copy and paste

This doesn't seem that secure?

so you can use the waves desktop wallet, and you dont get these features as it is an independent client that you use without any browser.
jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 06:52:24 AM

Do you use waves keeper?
glerant

Activity: 565
Merit: 316

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 11:26:07 AM

Hi there.  Is the reason yu sent 0.001 waves to a certain address as oppose to downloading the waves keeper for security purposes?  Thus you don't want to download anymore programs that might be security risk?

Not just security. For second airdrop I sent the nominal Tx because it was more convenient.

Also the other way to verify using WavesKeeper doesn't support ledger nano - so they should verify with Tx as well.

As for the amount - about 1/3 Vostok for every Wave and/or WCT and for the second drop, about a tenth I think.

I predict that Vostok will become at least a top 10 blockchain soon after release - it's everything Ripple XRP should have been but with many more advantages and few of the downsides.
jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 05:42:39 PM

Hi there.  When you say not for security, you mean with the waves keeper software?  Or you mean related to it or anything involving it?  Such as more wallets you download more vulnerable you are?

So you recommend not downloading waves keeper right if i want the airdrop and just send the tiny amount of waves instead?  I was hesitant when i saw that message that i posted in bold before i was about to download it.
Jcga
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 09:08:31 PM

No kidding me Jerry0 you stilll have not decide which way to go for the vostok airdrop, still thinking rite?
Well the Vostok AD ends on the 31st of may, just saying.

🚀IRRESISTIBLE "Crypto Collectibles" 👉 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=217.0
jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 05:16:10 AM

Hi.  I still have not done it yet.  Not sure if downloading the waves keeper or just sending some waves to that address.

But as long as you send it before that date, its fine right?  Thus the same no matter what whether you do it earlier or closer to the date?
Jcga
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 10:52:42 AM

Hi.  I still have not done it yet.  Not sure if downloading the waves keeper or just sending some waves to that address.

But as long as you send it before that date, its fine right?  Thus the same no matter what whether you do it earlier or closer to the date?

Yes i think so, you must "register" the account where you are holding your wct or waves before the 31st of may, yes you are fine.

jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 09:57:17 PM

Okay i sent the tiny amount of waves to that address.

So does anyone know how much vostok you get for this airdrop?

Example say you have

1000 waves
30 waves community tokens

Also can someone tell me what they got specifically for the 1st airdrop?  I did not get any because i was not aware of the 1st airdrop.  Someone said you get vostok about 1/3 your average waves balance?  So someone with 1000 waves would get about 333 vostok?  What about waves community tokens?

So the only coin you get for the 1st and 2nd airdrop is vostok token?  Can someone tell me how much a vostok token is worth?  Or that is not out yet?
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 537

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 03:01:50 AM

see vostok.wavesplatform.com
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: