Bitcoin Forum
January 28, 2020, 12:33:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.19.0.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GekkoScience Terminus R606 750GH (up to 1TH) quiet miner, now shipping  (Read 7825 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
minefarmbuy

Activity: 658
Merit: 172

We are not retail.

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2019, 12:39:36 AM

Nice, we try to stay current as much as possible with production. Gekko seems to stay steady grinding out units. Wink

Premier asic sourcing minefarmbuy.com #mineon
Twitter:@minefarmbuy -LN Tips-
Email: info@minefarmbuy.com PGP:1A1C A4D4 CE04 F57E 1C0C 5240 592A 09BF CCB4 F0C3

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1529

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 03:14:21 AM
Merited by frodocooper (2), NotFuzzyWarm (1)

Right now we're packing up the shop. The last units built in our current location are currently on the tester and will be dispatched to a reseller next week. The first truckload of tools and materials rolls out in the morning.

Good news is, stuff for the next batch is already on order. Most of it's already here. Production will start in the new shop not long after Thanksgiving. I recently redesigned the PCB so the new batch units will be quicker to assemble and quicker to test and verify, so that's good for you guys.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
nuanicaj

Activity: 172
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 04:50:45 PM

Right now we're packing up the shop. The last units built in our current location are currently on the tester and will be dispatched to a reseller next week. The first truckload of tools and materials rolls out in the morning.

Good news is, stuff for the next batch is already on order. Most of it's already here. Production will start in the new shop not long after Thanksgiving. I recently redesigned the PCB so the new batch units will be quicker to assemble and quicker to test and verify, so that's good for you guys.

Thank goodness, hopefully the new products can be out in new shop.

Nua
minefarmbuy

We are not retail.

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2019, 02:02:18 PM

While we're waiting for Gekko to move and set up the new shop please enjoy #gekkolove coupon code at check out with all pre orders of R606 for their next batch.

Email: info@minefarmbuy.com PGP:1A1C A4D4 CE04 F57E 1C0C 5240 592A 09BF CCB4 F0C3
CryNow

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2019, 08:43:18 AM

@sidehack

Thanks to Eyeboot, I finally received a perfectly working Terminus R606! It’s nice and very quiet running at 700GH/s +- 100. Now, it’s just very hard looking for a very easy step by step instructions to setup on my Raspberry Pi 4. I’ve looked into pages of forums and I just couldn’t find one...

Also, is there any chance that the R606 is being “upgraded” to work more like the Futurebit Apollo LTC miner?

A full node working within the miner and even with its very own controller and software preinstalled. How about a wifi?

That would be massively beautiful if it could come with those features.Smiley

Any future plans??? Grin
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1027

Think for yourself

View Profile
December 22, 2019, 12:11:11 PM

Thanks to Eyeboot, I finally received a perfectly working Terminus R606! It’s nice and very quiet running at 700GH/s +- 100. Now, it’s just very hard looking for a very easy step by step instructions to setup on my Raspberry Pi 4. I’ve looked into pages of forums and I just couldn’t find one...

These are the instructions I used which are in the support thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5053833.msg50968875#msg50968875

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
419mining
Copper Member

Activity: 165
Merit: 72

https://www.419mining.com

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2019, 04:09:08 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2019, 01:22:52 AM by frodocooper

[...]

Hey CryNow, We are actively working on a pi4 based control system for the R606/Newpac miners. Nothing complete yet but whe hope to have it out soon... mostly when I find free time.

*** Checkout the latest in GekkoScience Tech  - Order NOW: use 'Gekkoship' coupon for free US shipping***
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2019, 07:24:01 PM
Merited by frodocooper (2)

Those features? No. I don't have much interest in building tiny self-contained computers that also mine. If I get to bigger things than the Terminus there'll be better provision for a "bundled controller" but not for the Terminus series.

Jstefanop can put more R&D time into the complexity of his Futurebit software and hardware because he doesn't also build them, far as I know. Leastways he doesn't do all of it. My stuff is entirely in-house, including board population and metalwork for the heatsinks and housings, so I have to coordinate the production line and build all the tooling as well as the design work, which means keeping things simple. Plus "keep things simple" is a core component of my design philosophy.

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1397

View Profile
December 23, 2019, 10:16:36 PM

Sideways from the main topic, but did you ever consider switching from a miner production to a node production?
Just asking...since node demand is at least steady and maybe increasing due to LN.
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2019, 07:41:16 PM
Merited by HagssFIN (2), gt_addict (2), Stryfe (2), frodocooper (2)

No. I build things that I think should exist but don't, and I still believe hobby and home-scale miners should be a thing. If I stop making them, they won't get made.

gt_addict

Activity: 1456
Merit: 531

View Profile
December 24, 2019, 10:50:51 PM

No. I build things that I think should exist but don't, and I still believe hobby and home-scale miners should be a thing. If I stop making them, they won't get made.

Here here!!

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
CryNow

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2019, 10:54:11 AM

I do agree very much! With that being said, I have a feeling you’re trying to get your hands on some different algorithms other than sha256 in the future! I’ll be the first one to grab if that’s the case:P

And with what I said earlier, I don’t mean a literal controller... I should’ve said “ease of use” and “extra features” rather than specifying them just like futurebit which is extremely user friendly for those non techies. But I don’t mind the way Terminus is built. It is sexy af and it works well no problems on my side.
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2019, 04:20:05 PM
Merited by HagssFIN (1), gt_addict (1), Stryfe (1)

Again, nope. I don't really care about altcoins so I don't build gear for them.

I'm also a fan of education, so if I can "encourage" people to learn a little bit more about the systems they want to use, rather than doing all the work for them, thereby increasing their overall understanding and hopefully improving general competence, well that's good too.

Searing
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1245

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 26, 2019, 02:55:37 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2019, 12:43:07 AM by frodocooper

That's too bad. Just from a production point of view, an FPGA Miner would kill by yourself. At least as a hobby miner in the basement..profit or not... you'd have 'potentially' different algo's made for probably 'dubious' altcoins..but hey..likely you could string this along for a few years like the KNC Titan from a hobby point of view not a making sense profit point of view...

Anyway, just an observation I respect your wishes on such things. (I was my silliness getting a KNC Neptune xfered to a KNC Titan back in the day..because I did not trust the BTC miner to arrive in time to ROI. (I was correct). So figured at least with a scrypt miner I could play with other coins if LTC or other difficulties got out of hand. I was sooooo much braver as a newbie! The kool-aid was strong....I mean $10,181.30 for a KNC Titan Miner (4 cubes!) That was probably about 1/2 a year's income in take-home pay! Now, I can't even buy any kind of dubious miner and can well afford to be stupid! Go figure!

Brad

Check out the www.synchro.net Free BBS Package. Win 10/Linux. Updated 1/1/19. 5 min-Install to check it out. A nostalgic hoot! Smiley
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2019, 02:54:09 PM
Merited by frodocooper (2)

Building an FPGA miner goes way beyond what I currently have the time and desire to do. Building a board with an FPGA on it is fairly trivial, but making the FPGA into a miner requires skills I don't yet have, and making it operate with any reasonably efficient logic implementation would take ten times more of those skills.

If you want alts, talk to FutureBit.

Searing
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1245

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 26, 2019, 04:11:01 PM
Last edit: December 27, 2019, 12:43:41 AM by frodocooper

Yeah, I was just working from my previous KNC Titan Scrypt Miner angle for getting by as a home miner with legit $$ of some sort vs pure hobby...as that worked back in the day for various scrypt coin alts...in that did not want all my eggs in a BTC miner that will be blown up difficulty wise with possibility of NO ROI at all.....that angle may just be all beanie baby with the weak-ass FPGA coins available....anyway...was a thought.

Check out the www.synchro.net Free BBS Package. Win 10/Linux. Updated 1/1/19. 5 min-Install to check it out. A nostalgic hoot! Smiley
minefarmbuy

We are not retail.

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2019, 05:50:30 AM
Merited by Stryfe (1)

Updated our GS banner for funzies and added an easter egg for terminus buyers.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.