Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:57:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on BAT token?  (Read 143 times)
kingplaya4 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 08:46:37 PM

Here are mine. Their browser is great. It's called Brave and I highly recommend you download it, it is lightning fast next to Chrome or anyone else. So that part is good. Their theory is they will get advertisers to pay browsers with their coin to get people to actually want to click and watch ads. The guy who developed Mozilla and Firefox is the head of their team and they've had some modest Silicon Valley investments. The coin price has held up relatively well.

On the other hand, it runs on the Ethereum network. Personally, I'd like an alt that has it's own network, although I understand coins like Verge failed because of this. I'm not sure their idea of getting advertisers to share revenue with their potential customers will work. The kind of people that will click on a bunch of ads to get 10 dollars a month are going to mostly be broke people. I don't see the token substituting for bitcoin like litecoin, bitcoincash, maybe even ethereum and a few others further down the trough potentially could. (Maybe dash for example).

For me to put money into an altcoin I want to see an easy potential for a ten bagger in the not too distant future, and this coin doesn't seem like it has that potential except maybe briefly on a pump. Feel free to tell me what I'm missing though. But seriously the browser is great and I recommend everyone use it.

Disclosure: I have no position in BAT and am not currently planning on taking one.
bkbirge

Activity: 1197
Merit: 482

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 02:25:08 AM

That was my take on it too. Wondering if anyone has a different POV now a few months later.
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2019, 04:10:54 AM

To me BAT is nothing more than pure speculation. It's true it has a nice story behind, but basically it offers nothing more than what Btc can offer as a payment method. When hype will decrease for BAT, people will liquidate their BAT tokens and price will decrease drastically imo.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
pishite

Activity: 966
Merit: 132

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 04:11:59 AM

I agree with the author of the topic that we will not get much money for using the browser. But this is still a fairly low price. But in the future everything is possible, for example, the price will be from $ 1 and higher, and then in many poor countries they will use it and watch advertising, but on condition that these tokens will be able to be exchanged for real money.
wumBowo

Activity: 770
Merit: 298

tozex.io

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2019, 04:16:16 AM

To me BAT is nothing more than pure speculation. It's true it has a nice story behind, but basically it offers nothing more than what Btc can offer as a payment method. When hype will decrease for BAT, people will liquidate their BAT tokens and price will decrease drastically imo.
i don't know if there is still a hype on BAT, but after i looked the price history it's actually impressed me that the price really have not much different if we compare it with 2018 price

Tozex