Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:38:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Deleted  (Read 1064 times)
kingcolex (OP)

Activity: 254
Merit: 1258

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 03:25:49 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2023, 03:51:03 PM by kingcolex

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vincl

Activity: 386
Merit: 18

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 07:51:11 AM

are you talking about the riserless 8GPU mobos? or what?
thorRJ

Activity: 784
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 07:10:13 PM

Sometimes it may have picked up a bad batch motherboard, already happened to me, both with motherboard and other peripherals.
I have already used several motherboards from different vendors, and I see no difference.

OI
CLywaTeLb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

send and receive money instantly, no hidden costs

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 04:05:55 PM

Perhaps these were the bends of the motherboard. But among the Chinese boards there are quite decent ones. It should be remembered that even non-chinese brands are often produced in China. Often we pay for a brand produced in the same factory where nameless hardware is produced.

EdvinZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 05:22:50 PM

Probably, you just have a negative experience using a motherboard from some company. Perhaps even just a manufacturing defect. As correctly noted in the posts above, even the global non-Chinese brands produce their products in China. Perhaps you should follow the advice of experienced people when choosing a motherboard to get the most positive experience of using them.

dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 08:42:18 PM

To be honest, it doesn't matter if the bios is shit.
These boards were built to mine 24/7 on, and not to have highly advanced tinker-happy bioses. Set it up and forget about it, basically.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1129

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 10:00:51 PM

Probably, you just have a negative experience using a motherboard from some company. Perhaps even just a manufacturing defect. As correctly noted in the posts above, even the global non-Chinese brands produce their products in China. Perhaps you should follow the advice of experienced people when choosing a motherboard to get the most positive experience of using them.
Yes, most of those famous brand names are being made in China in terms of manpower but with the materials been used would really vary and so as with their respective quality check on the end.

There are still good Chinese brands but it seems OP is already done with it. Grin

Beyerd17

Activity: 826
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 10:34:04 PM

A word or caution, even the Lexus of these turds are terrible. There is always an issue, they're finicky as hell, the bios are old and outdated. Stay away from the pieces of shit, just buy a reputable motherboard maker, a cheap cpu and a server case if that was your plan. Use good risers and forget all about that terrible Chinese shit.

Sincerely a mad motherfucker who's had enough of this bullshit and is buying a new server case and listing the Chinese shit tonight.

So what Chinese brand are we talking about here exactly? Maybe you were just unlucky and got a defective motherboard. What motherboards would you say are the worst that we should avoid like the plague?
cepot9

Activity: 1050
Merit: 102

Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 07:18:02 AM

Some quality products are produced in China so you can't deduce all Chinese products are bad. price will also say the quality obtained, maybe you buy a brand that is of ordinary quality and low price
TheHas

Activity: 616
Merit: 167

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 08:20:21 AM

I always try to get 'name' motherboards like ASUS, even if it is just for mining in case I ever want to resell to a gamer down the track.

Probably not the best approach for professional setups where you are trying to cut costs, but I think quality helps in the long run, particularly as motherboards don't really need upgrades.
MinerHub

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 09:37:35 AM

I quite agree what has been put above. What you mentioned might be a nightmare to you, but still, there are some good Chinese made motherboard out there.
Just like the saying, you get what you paid.
whiteblue

Activity: 1246
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 10:15:14 AM

I suggest when you want to assemble a computer to be used as mining cryptocurrency then you should be able to read in advance what specifications are needed and ask people who are experienced here so that you can buy what is needed and will not be disappointed like this.
shiming

Activity: 798
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 11:01:43 AM

The Chinese market is very large. There are many foundries in the production of motherboards. The quality of the products is good and the quality of the products is poor. Need to distinguish. Just like the altcoin. There are good and bad.

Chicky213
Copper Member

Activity: 476
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 10:17:01 PM

It was just a coincidence that you got a defective motherboard from a Chinese market. It's very unfair to generalise the Chinese market as bad. China is one of the top counties doing great in technology. A lot of people have postive reviews about the China market.
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2019, 09:52:51 AM

A word or caution, even the Lexus of these turds are terrible. There is always an issue, they're finicky as hell, the bios are old and outdated. Stay away from the pieces of shit, just buy a reputable motherboard maker, a cheap cpu and a server case if that was your plan. Use good risers and forget all about that terrible Chinese shit.

Sincerely a mad motherfucker who's had enough of this bullshit and is buying a new server case and listing the Chinese shit tonight.

I haven't had a single issue with my Onda B250-D8P V1.0;   and manu others have had similar results with Onda boards....  My board takes a normal 1151 cpu, and one sodimm of ram...

...it is still chewing away xmr like a champ.

The all in one, or "backplane type" cheap chinese units are hit and miss;  typically for the lack of good 12V rails feeding the PCIE ports or poor build quality/lack of Q&A.  I would say that in my endeavors;  I have had just as much problem with them, as i've had with riser setups as well.... the onda has been lightyears above the rest.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
irixo10

Activity: 1078
Merit: 104

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 09:22:35 PM

Most times in every production line, defective products might get passed unknowingly. I think before you conclude on this, you are meant to checkout other using same mining motherboard to be sure the problem is from the materials used etc. I have friends who have been using Chinese products and they really seem okay with it. 

xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2019, 12:09:13 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2019, 12:21:43 AM by xxcsu

I think all my motherboard i ever used to build any mining rig is " made in china " including all the Asus b250 Mining Expert i ever used for my builds and for my customers. Never had any issues or problems what i was not able to fix, or working out things with the manufacturer . yes computer parts die sometimes, but warranty should be cover any issues you have Wink

Just a short static from the past year(2018):
42 Nitro RX480 died ( covered under warranty ) - most of  my cards are nitros, so thats why the number looks high Smiley
3 xfx rx 480 died ( covered under warranty )
1 msi rx 480 died ( covered under warranty )
1 Asrock Mobo H97 anniversary died ( not covered under warranty )
1 msi z97 gaming mobo died ( not covered under warranty)
2 EVGA 1600 t2 psu died ( covered under warranty (10 years) )
2 corsair 1500 psu died ( covered under warranty )
Lot of bitmain PSU died ( not covered under warranty )

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
KaydenC

Activity: 610
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2019, 03:09:26 AM

I haven't had a single issue with my Onda B250-D8P V1.0;   and manu others have had similar results with Onda boards....  My board takes a normal 1151 cpu, and one sodimm of ram...

I had plenty of problems with that... Over 15 dead boards out of 60 over 2 year period. Whenever I did RMAs, half of them return with the same issue. To the point where I don't bother returning boards with 3-4 dead slots, just use them with the remaining slots.

If there's a similarly priced alternative, I will be getting it.
Ryzen2700x

Activity: 157
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2019, 05:59:20 AM

Onda- I only heard a problems with that brand from the days of the iPad clone Tablets, they always released not finished product and constantly releasing new Revision since release and you would stuck with buggy tablet with no support.
What about better Brand like Colorful ?

[ANN] coolMiner - Lyra2z Miner for nVidia! (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4412370.0)
rdewilde

Activity: 925
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 06:41:36 PM

Owing to previous experiences with Chinese Mining motherboards I don't think I will agree with you on this. Maybe you were a victim of defective product which can't be intentional (humans are prone to mistakes) as China growing tremendously in the world of blockchain won't stoop too low as to tarnish their image. Maybe you can contact the manufacturers to lay your complains.
Sorry for your loss.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: